AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-07-19, 12:10   Link #321
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Aye.. in *that* point of the timeline ... Kyon is still ambivalent towards Haruhi. He doesn't *dislike* her but he spends most of his time annoyed by her antics and annoyed that everyone tiptoes around her.

But he *does* find her attractive (he said so right off the bat) and it wasn't like he washed his mouth out after kissing her. They just aren't quite that far in whatever their relationship will evolve to yet. Afterward, she thinks it was some wierd dream she's not sure how to react to (and he wishes it *were* a dream and doesn't want to talk about it).

The end of the school festival episode with Kyon and Haruhi shows how it has evolved since then.. and the the "day in the rain" episode ending shows how much farther their relationship has evolved. Yeah, its like watching glacial melt but its moving...

(again this is based purely on the anime... the novels take slightly different angles from what I have seen so far)
Old 2006-07-19, 22:13   Link #322
SnakeLegend
Back Again From Haruhiism

Send a message via MSN to SnakeLegend
well more like... they didn't know they like each other when they are.
Old 2006-07-19, 22:40   Link #323
arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
But he *does* find her attractive (he said so right off the bat) and it wasn't like he washed his mouth out after kissing her. They just aren't quite that far in whatever their relationship will evolve to yet. Afterward, she thinks it was some wierd dream she's not sure how to react to (and he wishes it *were* a dream and doesn't want to talk about it).
In fact... BOOK SPOILER

Spoiler:
Old 2006-07-20, 03:47   Link #324
SnakeLegend

Book spoiler? i don't think so, even the anime showed that.
Old 2006-07-20, 12:38   Link #325
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

@arias: That's too bad its not in the anime .... that little sequence would have really helped the display of the evolution of the relationship in the anime. As it is, we have to rely on more subtle clues like his remarks about her in the bunny suit or just the way he looks at her in the latter parts of the timeline when she's happy and excited or wistful and quiet.
Old 2006-07-22, 08:23   Link #326
SnakeLegend

ok one question.. people said Someday In The Rain is special, or summut an ending to the whole Haruhi series. is Someday in the rain the last ending part or is it the whole chapter for the anime?
Old 2006-07-22, 08:54   Link #327
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeLegend
ok one question.. people said Someday In The Rain is special, or summut an ending to the whole Haruhi series. is Someday in the rain the last ending part or is it the whole chapter for the anime?
There is no "chapter" for SITR. It was never a part of the novels, but is only an episode script. None the less, since the author wrote it, it is considered canon.

It is the chronological wrap-up of the 13 episodes. There is no ending to speak of anywhere, as there is much to see and do yet.
Old 2006-07-22, 09:12   Link #328
SnakeLegend

but in many ways it makes me think of the first novel's ending part...
Old 2006-07-22, 10:37   Link #329
RiXeD
excuse me wtf r u desu?

Quote:
but in many ways it makes me think of the first novel's ending part...

WANT!

But no, seriously. I hope that author won`t write an endless story just for money omg. Like makers of Naruto anime.
Old 2006-07-22, 18:08   Link #330
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiXeD
WANT!

But no, seriously. I hope that author won`t write an endless story just for money omg. Like makers of Naruto anime.
The makers of the Naruto anime caught up to the manga at episode 135... though I wouldn't have thought that those idiots would've made this "endless filler" crap last so long...

I get the feeling that the author will write enough story to get his characters through to their graduation from high school (much like Azumanga Daioh).
Old 2006-07-22, 20:03   Link #331
Archuka
A territory most absolute

So which parts of the novel series did the anime cover? I tried looking through the various threads but couldn't find a clear answer.

At first I thought the anime only covered vol. 1, so I printed the fan translation for the prologue and ch. 1 of vol. 2. I quickly noticed that vol. 2 begins where ep 14 in the anime ends, which is of course not chronologically the last event in the anime. A look at these forums revealed that the anime did cover stuff from even later volumes also.

So the big question is: Which parts of the novels did the anime not cover? I'm slightly more interested in what happens after episode 9 than any possible events that should have happened in the anime timeline but were not included in it.

PS. Not begin able to create new threads in the Haruhi section is bloody annoying.
Old 2006-07-22, 20:14   Link #332
ApathyEcstasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archuka
So which parts of the novel series did the anime cover? I tried looking through the various threads but couldn't find a clear answer.

At first I thought the anime only covered vol. 1, so I printed the fan translation for the prologue and ch. 1 of vol. 2. I quickly noticed that vol. 2 begins where ep 14 in the anime ends, which is of course not chronologically the last event in the anime. A look at these forums revealed that the anime did cover stuff from even later volumes also.

So the big question is: Which parts of the novels did the anime not cover? I'm slightly more interested in what happens after episode 9 than any possible events that should have happened in the anime timeline but were not included in it.

PS. Not begin able to create new threads in the Haruhi section is bloody annoying.
to sum things up...the anime covered novel 1, and took tiny bits and pieces from novel 2 (and possibly even from after novel 2, not sure at all about this one)
Old 2006-07-22, 20:21   Link #333
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archuka

You are asking a difficult question, because only those who are absolutely up to date with the novels could answer this. (I don't think many, if any, of us are up to book 8, are we?)
What little I know...
Spoiler:

... And that's all I know. People who are more knowledgeable will probably start correcting my errors. (I am getting a Taiwanese copy of book 6 today)
Old 2006-07-23, 01:05   Link #334
SnakeLegend

oh heh, i'm still waiting for the next book now.
still i don't get it... episode 14 :Someday In The rain...
Old 2006-07-23, 07:43   Link #335
Archuka
A territory most absolute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
You are asking a difficult question, because only those who are absolutely up to date with the novels could answer this. (I don't think many, if any, of us are up to book 8, are we?)
What little I know...
Spoiler:

... And that's all I know. People who are more knowledgeable will probably start correcting my errors. (I am getting a Taiwanese copy of book 6 today)
Ah, so it would be a good idea to read the bamboo story, book 4 and the mountain stories at least.
Old 2006-07-23, 19:35   Link #336
Shirobane
Haruhiism Worshipper

Quote:
oh heh, i'm still waiting for the next book now.
still i don't get it... episode 14 :Someday In The rain...
Someday in the Rain is exclusive to the anime. You won't find it in the novels.
Old 2006-07-23, 19:58   Link #337
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

And though it is exclusive to the anime ... my understanding is that it was written by the novel's author and so you can probably take it for "canon" information about a snapshot "day in the life" that shows where relationship-wise the characters are at the end of the first season timeline.
Old 2006-07-23, 20:33   Link #338
SnakeLegend

ok.........
but still.... i still think it still looks like first novel's last chapter, about the last part where HaruhiXKyon? and the part where Kyon said about her pony tail? then lastly, he said about talking to her about aliens, time travellers and espers....
Old 2006-07-24, 00:08   Link #339
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

ok now I'm confused... do you mean the last episode of the series? or the episode that portrayed the last segment of the *timeline* (Someday in the Rain). Remember the series episodes are not in timeline order.

After the incident in the "almost got us a new universe" timeline (kiss & ponytail), he did tell her about everything (offscreen)... she said he was just pulling her leg but it gave her the idea for the student-movie's plot and who should play what role.
Old 2006-07-24, 00:21   Link #340
SnakeLegend

ok can someone tell me whats Someday In The Rain's sequence just in case i messed up again?
Closed Thread