AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 26 29.21%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 31 34.83%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 22.47%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 12.36%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.12%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-12-16, 06:19   Link #221
wistfulloner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Anyway, I'm guessing Taiga's dad will act out a bit yet - and I haven't read the novels past this yet... Just a feeling.
He's a bloody liar. I don't think he really did divorce Yuu. If he's happy with his life without Taiga, why did he have to come back to reconcile with his daughter? His motives must really be questionable for Taiga to be angry enough to crack his nuts. (Not to say she isn't wrong for doing that)

I'll bet he ends up abandoning her again.
Old 2008-12-16, 08:22   Link #222
chaosprophet

I liked this episode not as much as previous ones (this one seemed to be more rushed then then previous ones) but still quite enjoyable. A will wait for this arc's end before coming to any conclusion about Taiga and her dad's relationship. But I don't approve of what she did to him. If she accepts the money he sends then she need to show at least a little bit of respect towards him regardless of how he is.

Anyway I saw many people say that this arc will be a 3 episode one. Is that confirmed? Because untill now all the light novel volumes have been adapted to only two episodes.
Old 2008-12-16, 08:58   Link #223
KeitaroNagato
Taiga Yea!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Finally saw the episode. The manhandling in the end was rough, I admit it, but nothing worse than what Taiga has put Ryuji through in the past - nevertheless, it seems worse for us, since we never saw him acting that way. And Taiga's request for him "not to put that face on anymore" was a bit heart-breaking, as well. If people still think she hasn't changed the way she behaves towards him, they're not paying attention.

Anyway, I'm guessing Taiga's dad will act out a bit yet - and I haven't read the novels past this yet... Just a feeling.
I like this episode too, lots of controversial and sensitive themes, the manhandling is one of them. Minorin being not true to herself. Taiga and Ryuuji with their "father issues".Ryuuji likes Minorin but seems she is blowing him off. Taiga has so much love for Ryuuji she subconsciously goes to father regardless what she feels about him.

There are others subthemes, but those are the ones that comes to mind. Even though it was very emotional driven episode, not trying to be bias I give it 10/10.

If I was bias based on some themes, it would have been 9/10... buhahahahaha!!!!
Old 2008-12-16, 11:57   Link #224
Baka Ronin

Send a message via ICQ to Baka Ronin Send a message via AIM to Baka Ronin Send a message via MSN to Baka Ronin Send a message via Yahoo to Baka Ronin
People were talking about the dog dream but no one seems to be talking about the fact that they BOTH had the same dream at the same time. This would imply that their thought and emotions are far more in sync than either of them understands.
Old 2008-12-16, 12:34   Link #225
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Some people would argue that dreams mean nothing anyway, but I digress... when it comes to fiction, dreams often mean a lot. And look: it's open to speculation.

Old 2008-12-16, 12:53   Link #226
Baka Ronin

Send a message via ICQ to Baka Ronin Send a message via AIM to Baka Ronin Send a message via MSN to Baka Ronin Send a message via Yahoo to Baka Ronin
regardless of the content of the dream, they BOTH had it. that in and of itself is significant.
Old 2008-12-16, 20:11   Link #227
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baka Ronin View Post
regardless of the content of the dream, they BOTH had it. that in and of itself is significant.
It'd be understandable if they had the same dream outta nowhere, and/or was built upon their own feelings, then it'd be more significant. However, they both were watching the same movie about a guy having puppies for kids. It's not that far-fetched that they would have the same dream.
Old 2008-12-17, 11:53   Link #228
Baka Ronin

I beg to differ. They mirrored each other's roles almost exactly. If this is not an indication of a deep connection I do not know what would be.
Old 2008-12-17, 12:14   Link #229
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Just ask yourselves this question: when was the last time you had the almost exact same dream that someone else had, with both concerned parties in it? Then you'll realize the importance of this plot device.

Old 2008-12-17, 12:55   Link #230
wistfulloner

Anyone wonders what would have happened if Ryuji did not suddenly think of his own selfishness when he was holding Taiga down? I think either Taiga would give in anyway, or blood would be spilled.
Old 2008-12-17, 13:26   Link #231
Baka Ronin

I think she would have started crying and hugged him so tight his ribs cracked.
Old 2008-12-17, 13:39   Link #232
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

That's actually what I thought, myself.

Old 2008-12-17, 13:46   Link #233
wistfulloner

Hmmm? I was thinking she would continue struggling when she did not understand Ryuji's reason for defending her father.

Why would a harder approach by Ryuji yield a softer reaction from Taiga? And the father would be holding his nuts and looking at the two squeeze each other to death at the same time.
Old 2008-12-17, 13:56   Link #234
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Thats a good question if we were talking 5 episodes ago i would say the blood would have flowed like the river styx. But now i think Taiga would have given in.
Old 2008-12-17, 15:09   Link #235
Baka Ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by wistfulloner View Post
Hmmm? I was thinking she would continue struggling when she did not understand Ryuji's reason for defending her father.

Why would a harder approach by Ryuji yield a softer reaction from Taiga? And the father would be holding his nuts and looking at the two squeeze each other to death at the same time.
1: taiga is much more fond of Ryuuji than her own father (sad, but true).
2: its moments of extreme emotional stress that allow people to break through barriers and realize their own heart (case in point with Ryuuji realizing he was projecting his own daddy issues onto Taiga).
Old 2008-12-17, 18:30   Link #236
Pilko+AnimeLolz
Bugger.

it was a funny episode xD cant wait for 12 :P
hope something shocking happens
Old 2008-12-18, 17:40   Link #237
Littm
ちょうど楽しみなさい
*IT Support

Oh yes, amazing episode. An overall level of Toradora becomes higher. And with a taste of drama sometimes. The ending of this episode was interesting. Like it.

9 out of 10 : Excellent.
Old 2008-12-18, 18:26   Link #238
Fran~
floating away...

Oh man... i discovered Toradora too damn late... its a f*cking WIN !!!!

i really love this episode, i think that Ryuuji is the most amazing anime character EVER, i would marry him right now... how smart, how sensitive... the way ryuuji realized that he was projecting his own dad onto Taiga was so nice and not forced.
Old 2008-12-19, 12:20   Link #239
Baka Ronin

I'm single if you need an American husband lol <3
Old 2009-01-25, 19:17   Link #240
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Our friend at 'qq' has released their version of ep 11 for those interested in their style of translation and subbing (still my overall preference).