AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-08-30, 04:14   Link #21
*reira*

My frilly-laced maiden side is in heaven after seeing the character designs and the synopsis.The cat also helps , and so does the wonderful cast...I can't wait to see what they'll make out of such nice premises ^^.
The trailer looks promising, but then again, most of them do.I'm crossing my fingers!
*reira* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-30, 09:07   Link #22
Simon
気持ち悪い

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
The trailer (seen in a previous post) has been added to the official web site in the Special section. ("Special" is the name of the link at the top of the main page.) You'll need a Quicktime player to see the video.
Thanks for the pointer! Now if only they'd fix the site so it renders in browsers other than IE...

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Midorikawa and Sugita <3 And Koyasu Takehito, Im in heaven~
To add to your joy, the official site says Midorikawa will sing the ED. OP is by AciD FLavoR - if the songs on their MySpace page are anything to go by, it could be quite cool.
Old 2008-08-30, 09:13   Link #23
She-Chan
Anime no Tono
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to She-Chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
The trailer (seen in a previous post) has been added to the official web site in the Special section. ("Special" is the name of the link at the top of the main page.) You'll need a Quicktime player to see the video.

Web site main page: http://www.myfairy.tv/index.html
Thanks for the link
She-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 19:25   Link #24
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

If the opening is similar to the songs from their myspace, it would be a perfect opening for the anime.

Yay for fantasy shoujo anime...-has a really bad feeling the anime would be badly animated like 90% of other shoujo animes-
Old 2008-08-31, 20:02   Link #25
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by musume_no_hoshi View Post
-has a really bad feeling the anime would be badly animated like 90% of other shoujo animes-
That's a complete lie, not nearly that amount of shoujo anime is badly animated. Why such things are sad that aren't true is beyond me.

Last edited by Shiroth; 2008-08-31 at 20:27.
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-01, 18:34   Link #26
Fevvers
a regular van veen

Will probably try out the first few episodes. I can only hope that this would be nothing like la corda and angelique.
Fevvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-03, 08:40   Link #27
nixie
Nyunga Ro Chaga

My eyes are blinded! I see nothing but bishies in the trailer. Well, with such an introductory trailer I really can't tell what this series is offering (besides the eyecandy of course). Will it be action-oriented, are they taking a serious, political approach, or will they focus on their daily adventures or something? I like the setting and the music though, they look and sound so relaxing, just like in Emma.
Old 2008-09-06, 13:14   Link #28
Simon
気持ち悪い

There's now a bare-bones Wikipedia article in English. It's crying out for someone who knows more Japanese than me (i.e., just about anyone) to translate the novel titles and bring over character descriptions from the Japanese article, but at least it's a start.

Also, looks like the show will start broadcasting on October 7th (Chiba TV is first off the block, if you ignore the AT-X preview on September 28th).

Quote:
Originally Posted by nixie View Post
Will it be action-oriented, are they taking a serious, political approach, or will they focus on their daily adventures or something?
Well it's a fantasy drama with fairies and romance, but I don't know which of these aspects the story concentrates on most. Edgar and Lydia's search for the sword is apparently what brings them together, but again, I'm not sure whether that remains the key plot element through all 15 novels.
Old 2008-09-10, 00:23   Link #29
Simon
気持ち悪い

The official site has updated with broadcast dates and news of a web radio show to be hosted by Yūki Hiro.

One thing it doesn't say is that tvk have moved a bunch of shows forward by a week, so the first episode screens on 2008-10-01. Only three weeks to go!
Old 2008-09-29, 05:21   Link #30
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

I just saw the raw and . . .
Spoiler for episode 1 spoilers:

I think I'm gonna love this. I wish they weren't the real OP and ED scenes. But the songs were nice. I want this subbed soon *_*
sapphire-pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 05:24   Link #31
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Going by the screenshots you posted, this seems to be nicely animated. I'll probably check out the raw later tonight --- looking forward to it.

Do we not get any screenshots of Carlton?
Old 2008-09-29, 05:30   Link #32
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Do we not get any screenshots of Carlton?
I didn't take any though. She didn't capture my interest ^^;

But once someone blogs this episode, there will surely be screenshots of her soon xD Hehe.

Last edited by sapphire-pyro; 2008-09-29 at 05:56. Reason: I thought Carlton was a guy x_x
sapphire-pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 06:00   Link #33
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire-pyro View Post
I didn't take any though. She didn't capture my interest ^^;
Because she's female? Joke.

I'm absolutely in love with her character design, so i can't wait to see it in moving motion. Shall be watching the raw myself very soon.
Old 2008-09-29, 11:50   Link #34
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Spoiler for episode 1:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 14:24   Link #35
Irisiel

Er, I think it's "Earl" since "Count" is the continental equivalent.

Anyway, from the little I understood from the raw, it seems to at the very least be an amusing show.

If I continue to watch it I expect to be very biased for Kelpie since I like horses (if you don't know what I mean, wiki it).
Irisiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 15:58   Link #36
Amylian

Send a message via MSN to Amylian Send a message via Yahoo to Amylian
I think I will add it to my watch list and wait for the sub version, which I hope so....
Amylian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 17:15   Link #37
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amylian View Post
I think I will add it to my watch list and wait for the sub version, which I hope so....
The fansub wiki says that DATS and maybe m33w have plans to sub this show in English.

Two Chinese subs are already out, here and here. In fact, a Chinese sub was out before I saw the raw on any English-language site.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 17:45   Link #38
andromeda0201

The first episode was interesting but my only gripe was the opening theme, they only extracted scenes out from the episode, not even bothering to make a proper animation sequence.
I hope this won't be another Perfect Girl Evolution, only getting an actual opening animation halfway through the series
andromeda0201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 19:24   Link #39
LKK

I couldn't wait for the subs and watched the raw. Unfortunately I really need the sub to understand most of what happened.
Spoiler for ep 01, just a few:

On the issue of translating "hakushaku" as "count" or as "earl", I saw official art (I think it was some wallpapers) where the series title is written as "Earl and Fairy" in English. Also as Irisiel mentioned, the British aristocratic system doesn't have a rank of "count". In the British aristocracy, the rank is "earl".

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-30, 08:21   Link #40
Fevvers
a regular van veen

What a pleasant surprise this was. Interesting premise, decent voice acting, and promising lead characters (I was dreading another Angie or Kahoko judging from the inclusion of typical shoujo pretty boys in the trailer, it doesn't seem to be the case though for now).

Also, I call dibs on Lydia. ;p

Last edited by Fevvers; 2008-09-30 at 18:16.
Fevvers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, shoujo