AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

View Poll Results: Infinite Stratos - Episode 05 Rating
Perfect 10 24 26.97%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 20.22%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 22.47%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 16.85%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 8.99%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.25%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.12%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.12%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-02-04, 07:10   Link #61
Spartanz1170

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator98 View Post

Oh. The sensei is... LOCKON-STRATOS / DYNAMES!
Spoiler for Gundam 00, Episode 23:

Last edited by Klashikari; 2011-02-04 at 08:16. Reason: spoiler tags added (fact from another series)
Old 2011-02-04, 07:13   Link #62
Terminator98
Archangelic Demon Vampire
*Author

Well, I hope not for that part. :P
Was just refering to the IS itself, and the pose she took while sniping, I could hear her saying "Dynames, Sniping Targets!"

Just waiting here for Houki to get her personal IS *which should be soon*.
Old 2011-02-04, 07:14   Link #63
theflyingturkey
Swordy Turkey

Quote:
Ichika is the classic male stereotype gay in the harem genre, he is surrounded by girls but he don't understand their feelings and don't care. Clichè and i really hate him but unfortunately is the main character so we have to deal with him till the end.
There are times when I wonder why can't they just do the simple thing of making a non-dense harem male lead.
So simple and it'll be completely original.
Old 2011-02-04, 07:47   Link #64
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Glad I'm not the only one who thought that it was a bit suspicious that Ichika had no problems walking around holding hands with Charles (a boy, as far as he knows)

You know, Ichika being gay would explain a LOT of things. It's a better alternative than him being a dense idiot. It'd be pretty awesome if Charles turned out to be a boy too. Now, that would be surprising. Of course, I already know that won't happen in such a generic series.

Why is Charles pretending to be a boy in the first place anyway? I don't see what she stands to gain from this, other than tons of attention from her classmates (is every girl in this school constantly in heat or what?). She doesn't seem like the type of person who would crave such things though.
Old 2011-02-04, 07:53   Link #65
Dahak86
Classics never age

just watched ep5.

- here comes: Charles, the ginga bishoujo bishounen of IS world. Well, gotta say he/she's quite funny in his/her own way.
- Way to go Yamada-sensei! and nice groping there, Ichika.
- nice to see the introduction of Laura, the eye-patch slapping girl.
Yeah, it won't take that long before she goes into full-dere-mode...

Quote:
Originally Posted by theflyingturkey View Post
There are times when I wonder why can't they just do the simple thing of making a non-dense harem male lead.
So simple and it'll be completely original.
problem with that is, there are usually only 2 options: uber-dense or uber-lecherous.
none of them is bad in itself, but still... not much of a choice.
Old 2011-02-04, 07:59   Link #66
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

If Ichika does turn out to be gay at the end of the series then this will be one hell of an epic troll, and I would thereby declare this show awesome.

Not likely to happen though. For better or for worse.
Old 2011-02-04, 08:06   Link #67
zibi88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Glad I'm not the only one who thought that it was a bit suspicious that Ichika had no problems walking around holding hands with Charles (a boy, as far as he knows)

You know, Ichika being gay would explain a LOT of things. It's a better alternative than him being a dense idiot. It'd be pretty awesome if Charles turned out to be a boy too. Now, that would be surprising. Of course, I already know that won't happen in such a generic series.

Why is Charles pretending to be a boy in the first place anyway? I don't see what she stands to gain from this, other than tons of attention from her classmates (is every girl in this school constantly in heat or what?). She doesn't seem like the type of person who would crave such things though.
well you will see... why Charles is prertending to be a guy in next 6th or 7th episode ^^

still it was sooo clear that its a girl from few things... not only voice... but hand shape (longer nails...) they are very slim... woman like.... next its the emmberesing part when ichika was changeing :P..... when he/she changed we see that her chest has small boobs :P (I guess she wrapped them in a bondage or sport bra or something in order to hide it and make them flat as much as possible...)

anyway next episode might tell things ^^
Old 2011-02-04, 08:13   Link #68
holybell84

Spoiler for Episode Spoiler:

Funny I tot since they are wearing spantex-type costume or something.... the lower body should be obvious????? Wait, dun tell me tat Ichika actually has no b*lls?????
Old 2011-02-04, 09:42   Link #69
Sixth
Hu Tao

For the harem series, it would be the best if there are only three girls competing for the main character. More that that, it is pushing and boring. I never understand why the Japanese writer think it is cool to have thousands of girls swarming the main character for apparently no (good) reason.
Old 2011-02-04, 10:05   Link #70
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Spoiler for don't read if you like this show (No seriously, it's all negative):

Last edited by Haak; 2011-02-04 at 10:16.
Old 2011-02-04, 10:10   Link #71
Sixth
Hu Tao

Ichika's friend should be the main lead. He can see through all the horny intention of every girls in no time and act according to it.
Old 2011-02-04, 10:11   Link #72
Maverick05

Really nice episode!!

I love how all the girls want a piece of Ichika!!! And Charles going tomato head was cute!!!

The chery of the cake was Yamada-sensei enjoying the groping and actually thinking about going further. XD

Yet.....the harem picnic kinda threw down the goodness and was barely recovered by Laura Brightslapping Ichika. (yes...I know, I won´t work since Ichika`s head is way harder than Amuro).

Overall, I gave the episode a 9. Might have been an easy 10 but picnic drop the score down.
Old 2011-02-04, 10:18   Link #73
theflyingturkey
Swordy Turkey

Quote:
If Ichika does turn out to be gay at the end of the series then this will be one hell of an epic troll, and I would thereby declare this show awesome.

Lies!
Ichika is actually in love with Ran's brother! (yeah I can't remember his name)

Last edited by theflyingturkey; 2011-02-05 at 02:37.
Old 2011-02-04, 10:20   Link #74
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post

Actually, that would be awesome.

Ichika: Dear girls, there is something that I want to tell you all. In fact, I already have someone in my heart...and he is Ran's brother!
Old 2011-02-04, 10:30   Link #75
eiyuu99

When Ichika remains unharmed from a sudden reverse spin from a falling IS,
it'll take more than a slap to shake his denseness.
Old 2011-02-04, 10:34   Link #76
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Arguably better than last week, this episode however has a lot left to be desired so to speak.

The obvious first thing to note is that... Ichika's denseness is reaching its critical mass, basically abnormally close to a black hole. Honestly, at this point, I wonder if he would even understand a direct confession if the opportunity shows up (which is borderline the case with Houki "so subtle" attempt... but what do you know, since this line in Japanese can mean something else, like its english counterpart...).
I guess the "thinking would be pointless" might be the explanation for everything...

Also, as much as I love Hanazawa's performances, I really think she is indeed a miscast and they should have chosen a seiyuu who can have a "middly" convincing boy voice (as long it isn't something like Kobayashi...).
"Charles" as a whole is definitely difficult to consider seriously as a boy, but from an anime perspective, the suspension of disbelief in term of gender is always distorded in a way or another

Now, as for everything afterwards... well it isn't really surprising to see harem antics here and there, and I must say seeing Houki like this is a treat. However, catfights like this are oozing way too much for my liking, and being displayed right in the open worsen Ichika's density to the max.
It becomes even more silly, for the better or for the worse, when we are dealing with the feeding scene...
This is getting worse with the breast groping scene and the obvious reactions from the girls (with an absolute lack of reaction from Houki, as surprising as it can be ), with some mismatched slapsticks and whatnot (and that terrible anime physic laws).

However, what concerns me the most was how the animation took a huge dive, especially when it was the exhibition match between Cecilia, Rin and Maya. Design was fine, but animation itself was so simple it hurts. At least, it was for a short sequence with little to no consequence for the "main plot" so heh...
Old 2011-02-04, 10:40   Link #77
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Lots of typical harem stuff. Not a bad thing itself, but pretty boring.
Reminds me of ToLoveRu (2nd season): Boring and doesn't leave an impression, but it always works to waste some time.

By the way, that friend of his (Wait, another male...?! HUH?!) is way more handsome than this protagonist. I wish he could switch places.
Yep, I completely agree with serenade beta here, that's exactly how I see this series too. I also liked Ichika's friend design better than him, would prefer him to be the lead as well, at least it seems he's nowhere as dense as him.

Quote:

Yeah, there's no way they'll do that, but if that was true, forget Level E, that would be the troll of the season for me. I mean, I can somehow get maybe him being overwhelmed by all the girls and need a guy friend that he's more familiar with, but the opposite mannerisms and total denseness...Really, it would explain so much.
Old 2011-02-04, 11:06   Link #78
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:

I'm with you. This would be an awesome enough "twist" to make me overlook the overall mediocrity (I'm being generous here) of the series.

Has any harem series ever pulled off something like this before?
Old 2011-02-04, 11:12   Link #79
bigdeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
For the harem series, it would be the best if there are only three girls competing for the main character. More that that, it is pushing and boring. I never understand why the Japanese writer think it is cool to have thousands of girls swarming the main character for apparently no (good) reason.
I take it you don't understand that harem genre at all. The male lead doesn't matter at all, its all about the girls.
Old 2011-02-04, 11:27   Link #80
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Can they make it more obvious that Charles is a reverse trap?
Closed Thread