AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Old 2014-04-18, 14:31   Link #9941
R.LocK
My turn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
PS: I don't remember well, but did Elsea sister ever make appearence or how exactly she was sister of ancient devil?
Because she isn't.
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-18, 14:40   Link #9942
Awrya
U mad?

Look at all those PFP, Keima must have been swimming in money since he could afford to buy another PFP whenever Dokuro confiscated one.

The ending was ok-ish, not great, but also not bad.
The one thing I'm saddest about is that TWGOK will end after all these years.

I'm definitely looking forward to Wakaki Tamiki-sensei's next work.
Old 2014-04-18, 14:46   Link #9943
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Keima could have chosen any girl if he just wanted to rid the others of their feelings but he chose Chihiro because he loved her too. His logic is that if he had to chose a girl it might as well be the one he loves.
I think that is going a bit far, Keima has feelings for Chihiro and they will explore them and they might blossom, but lets get real, it is his and her first real experience dating and they are still teens, chances are they will break up later on since I do not see any real chemistry between those two (for real chemistry see "one week friends").

I agree the one that got shafted was Haqua since if I understand correctly she does not even remember Keima or Elsie.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-18, 14:48   Link #9944
Altes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Look at all those PFP, Keima must have been swimming in money since he could afford to buy another PFP whenever Dokuro confiscated one.
"M" funds.
Altes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-18, 14:51   Link #9945
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
make no mistake I understand exactly why he did it. The problem is it really doesn't solve anything. They would've been better off having him return to games and not being involved with RL girls in the first place
Girls interested in him aren't suddenly going to ignore him just because he wants some privacy. That's how he was at the beginning of the series, and people still talked to him.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-18, 15:01   Link #9946
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
CRAP IT'S OVER.

Not the greatest ending of all time, but satisfying nonetheless. Some plotholes were strewn about at the end, but I guess this ending will suffice.

I am really looking forward to Wakaki's next work!
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-18, 15:06   Link #9947
Manic
real men love pink

Quote:
PS: I don't remember well, but did Elsea sister ever make appearence or how exactly she was sister of ancient devil?
Elsie's sister was Akari Kurakawa (the one always around Nikaido). She's not her real sister tho, elsei was placed in an orphanage and Akari would come by. So they all referred to her as their older sister. Elsie had no family and was a resurrected demon deity. Keima and his mom were the family she always wished she had which is why she altered the past and became his real sister.

haha i dont think its going too far saying he loved chihiro. Haters gonna hate tho. Its manga we all know when the protag chooses a girl its forever and ever with nothing but sunshine and rainbows.
Tho is was funny that Yui didnt seem too ready to give up on him, and maybe kannon but they didnt do much with her in the ending. Maybe keima will make some appearances in the kanon spin off (if thats still going on)
Old 2014-04-18, 15:07   Link #9948
Death Usagi
Banned

Wow... so this series is over... feels really weird, just like how all those other series that have ended... But really, Chihiro ending...? =.=;; Jesus...

Whatever. It was a good series :x
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-18, 15:30   Link #9949
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Well, I did not think the ending was that bad considering it was a little rushed.

Many thanks for a wonderful series Wakaki-sensei. Little slow on the last arc but overall some excellent and engaging writing. 8.5/10 from me.
Old 2014-04-18, 15:33   Link #9950
Esclair

I feel like this is a series where I wouldn't have minded the 'harem end'.

Last edited by Esclair; 2014-04-19 at 00:16.
Esclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-18, 15:56   Link #9951
ellifeedn
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
You think this is bad? I've been following my favorite manga title for twenty one years, it's releasing its last chapter in four days.
Off-topic: Which title is that?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-18, 16:12   Link #9952
Blanchimont

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Off-topic: Which title is that?
Look at his avatar.

Spoiler for Name of the manga asked:
Blanchimont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-18, 16:16   Link #9953
Nighty40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
well keep in mind that his mom runs a coffee shop. he probably save a shit ton of cash I mean his bedroom alone pretty much has more consoles then a game room at an anime con.
Nighty40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-18, 16:28   Link #9954
cuzsal
I watch too much Anime

nevermind
cuzsal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-18, 16:38   Link #9955
NinjaRealist
Battoru!

I'm so pissed we didn't get a Tenri ending.
Old 2014-04-18, 16:45   Link #9956
Calca
Expressionless

To to summarize the consensus about the ending or how it should have gone is this.

Keima chooses one girl: WTF what about the feelings of all the other girls? This is not wrapped up! Ending sucks!

Keima doesn't choose a girl like a protagonist of many harem series: WTF how could the manga end like this! I wish there was a manga where the protagonist actually chooses a girl! Ending sucks!
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-18, 17:01   Link #9957
Manic
real men love pink

not my feelings on the end at all. It needed to be longer and tie up more of the loose ends, thats mostly my biggest gripe about it.

I like my endings spelled out for me. Tho its my opinion its not an open ending and chihiro and keima are the ending couple. I just wanted more of a conclusion of what happened. I mean we dont even know what happened to the antagonists.
Old 2014-04-18, 17:01   Link #9958
RapidPotential
Spinning round and round~

Not too surprised at the winning girl in the end, but this had a very nice, satisfying end to it; that it finally reached a conclusion after the fun ride we've had all over the last few years is quite something. I will miss this series, that's for sure.
RapidPotential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-18, 17:13   Link #9959
Soverence

While as people have been saying, I feel like there are some points that could still have been tied up better, I feel like this was a very satisfying and fitting ending overall. It went well with the characters and the story they went through, while the ride to get there might have been a little bumpy in the end I feel like it was a well thought out ending. Enjoyed every minute of it
Soverence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-18, 17:17   Link #9960
Freeter
beyond

Come to think of it, we never did find out about Keima's father, did we?

Tags
comedy, harem, shounen