AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2018-07-28, 02:33   Link #1
AnimeFan188

Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker

Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill Confirmed for
Star Wars: Episode IX Cast:

"Disney has revealed the cast of Star Wars: Episode IX, which will see the directorial
return of J.J. Abrams. Among the cast are the expected stars, like Daisy Ridley and
Oscar Isaac. But it looks like Luke Skywalker (Mark Hamill) will be back and we’ll even
see the return of the late Carrie Fisher as Leia Organa. It will also mark the end of the
Skywalker saga.

According to StarWars.com, returning cast members include Ridley, Adam Driver, John
Boyega, Isaac, Lupita Nyong’o, Domhnall Gleeson, Kelly Marie Tran, Joonas Suotamo,
and Fisher’s daughter, Billie Lourd. New actors joining the cast of Episode IX are
Naomi Ackie (Lady Macbeth, Doctor Who) and Richard E. Grant (basically everything).
Gwendoline Christie’s name is missing, which could mean her onscreen goodbye was
permanent (or they’re just trying to keep it a secret for now).

The new and returning actors will be joined by Hamill, Anthony Daniels, and Billy Dee
Williams, who will reprise his role as Lando Calrissian, which was teased last month.
Fisher is even returning, after her passing, with some previously unreleased footage
Abrams shot for Star Wars: The Force Awakens. This makes official what Fisher’s
brother Todd Fisher said late last year.

“We desperately loved Carrie Fisher,” Abrams said. “Finding a truly satisfying
conclusion to the Skywalker saga without her eluded us. We were never going to
recast, or use a CG character. With the support and blessing from her daughter, Billie,
we have found a way to honor Carrie’s legacy and role as Leia in Episode IX by using
unseen footage we shot together in Episode VII.”"

See:

https://io9.gizmodo.com/carrie-fishe...ars-1827933278

Being dead doesn't seem to have hurt Carrie Fisher's acting career very much .......
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-28, 10:44   Link #2
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

“Finding a truly satisfying
recast, or use a CG character. With the support and blessing from her daughter, Billie,
we have found a way to honor Carrie’s legacy and role as Leia in Episode IX by using

Right, like how you guys kill off Hon and Luke in the dumbest ways possible? Leia should have died off in space at that point with how badly they handled the old men.
Old 2018-07-28, 18:26   Link #3
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
So Mark Hamill will return... allow a translation: he'll either be appearing in flashbacks or as a Force Ghost.

I.... hate to say it, but I'm really not excited for this movie.

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-28, 18:47   Link #4
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
I’m not sure why you need to do the “translation” thing. He’ll obviously be a Force Ghost; you make it sound like they’re trying to hide that. In fact I fully expected this to happen after he died in TLJ. It was just the toxic haters claiming that Disney wanted to write him out of the new trilogy entirely and tried to make others believe Disney was trying to pull something screwy.
Old 2018-07-28, 19:21   Link #5
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Much like with Episode VIII, I'll be seeing this movie mostly like one rubbernecks a car accident.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-28, 21:24   Link #6
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Count me in as one of those people who have lost all reasoning to be excited for IX except for one: at least the action should be good. Story-wise, I have zero interest in watching Mary-Sue protagonist & EMO-manchild antagonist + flat leftover new characters and freakin' Porgs (they even screwed Ackbar and turned Chewbacca into a non-entity).

I'll be glad to be proven wrong by the movie when it turns out great, but my expectation will be at an all-time low.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
“Finding a truly satisfying
we have found a way to honor CarrieÂ’s legacy and role as Leia in Episode IX by using

Right, like how you guys kill off Hon and Luke in the dumbest ways possible? Leia should have died off in space at that point with how badly they handled the old men.
I'm fully prepared to be roasted and accused of being sexist for saying this but, out of the OT trinity characters, I get the feeling that they don't kill Leia partly because she's female. You know, these new Disney Star Wars franchise ruled by Kathleen Kennedy really like to put females on the forefront whether we like it or not and for better or worse. Just want to point that out to everyone here.
Old 2018-07-29, 19:17   Link #7
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
I’m not sure why you need to do the “translation” thing. He’ll obviously be a Force Ghost; you make it sound like they’re trying to hide that. In fact I fully expected this to happen after he died in TLJ. It was just the toxic haters claiming that Disney wanted to write him out of the new trilogy entirely and tried to make others believe Disney was trying to pull something screwy.
rememer he was mark was himself one of the "haters' and angry peoples toward what rian jhonson did to his character, he had months of train to get in "some shape" to bring some "sword fight to just be turned in a "useless" coward, crawling in back and watching the "awesome mary sue do all her awesomenss.

this is why the director was fired and almost the lucas filmes woman president was almost fired too, the problem is which currently the "SJW" agenda in disney and hollywood is so big which it's starting to prodoce crap things which pepples must accept or be "called monster", like what the directo told, blaming the fans for his failure with both TLJ and han solo.

Peoples are getting tired to see this agressive "SJW" agenda where everything must be about diversity leading to horrible writing because is more important to have "badass womans" or pansexuals or transgender or fat or whatever tou want to add than bring a good plot because diversity is justifing everything.
Old 2018-07-29, 20:17   Link #8
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Count me in as one of those people who have lost all reasoning to be excited for IX except for one: at least the action should be good. Story-wise, I have zero interest in watching Mary-Sue protagonist & EMO-manchild antagonist + flat leftover new characters and freakin' Porgs (they even screwed Ackbar and turned Chewbacca into a non-entity).

I'll be glad to be proven wrong by the movie when it turns out great, but my expectation will be at an all-time low.

I'm fully prepared to be roasted and accused of being sexist for saying this but, out of the OT trinity characters, I get the feeling that they don't kill Leia partly because she's female. You know, these new Disney Star Wars franchise ruled by Kathleen Kennedy really like to put females on the forefront whether we like it or not and for better or worse. Just want to point that out to everyone here.

"The Force is Female" gave it away.
Old 2018-07-29, 21:02   Link #9
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
It really sucks that I just can't generate any hype for a Star Wars movie. I mean it's Star Wars! That should be the easiest thing to get hyped for.

I could honestly just buy the movie opening up and saying "Kylo Ren was a really bad leader so everything just fell apart when he took over. Sit back and enjoy a movie of Porgs jumping around and Rey doing silly force stuff."

At least the movie is really far off. Can kind of just ignore it for now.
Old 2018-07-30, 10:57   Link #10
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I wanted Finn to be a Jedi too along with Rey and I wanted Kylo to be a bad ass vader fanatic grandson that required Finn and Rey to fight him 1 on 2 to beat. Instead we get May Rey Sue , Traitor and Darth Tempertantrom.

Also Nazi Empire instead of just a Empire.
Old 2018-07-30, 11:57   Link #11
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Finn being a Jedi too does sound interesting!

Really looking forward to seeing what they'll be doing with this movie!

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-30, 18:39   Link #12
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Looking at how just about everybody hates everything nowadays, hate pretty much is the “in” thing.
Old 2018-07-30, 19:07   Link #13
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Looking at how just about everybody hates everything nowadays, hate pretty much is the “in” thing.
On the one hand, hate for the sake of hating is bad. On the other hand, when something truly is genuinely worthy of contempt (and is contemptuous in kind) hating it is a natural reaction.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-30, 19:08   Link #14
JagdPanther

Quote:
Or, it could actually be not good.

Old 2018-07-30, 20:19   Link #15
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

I've unfortunately seen the “fanbase’s” reaction to this movie and it’s quite clearly on the extreme side that goes far beyond bad or “worthy of contempt.”

The petition to have TLJ removed from SW canon that got 50,000 signs or so. The most childish and ridiculous, and proof of how immature and toxic the SW “fanbase” is.

The poisonous and insistent attacks on TLJ and Disney staff. It’s gotten to the point where the “fans” just make up ill will from the staff to vilify them.

Whether you admit it or not, the SW “fanbase” is contaminated with hordes of toxic and hideous people who just hate, hate, and hate. Though like I said, hating is pretty much the “in” thing now as everybody hates on everything.
Old 2018-07-30, 20:38   Link #16
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well...they finally got another target that wasn't from nearly 20 years ago (Jar Jar), so they are excited to give into the Dark Side and use their Hate.
Old 2018-07-30, 21:33   Link #17
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
What I would love to know is how people reacted back in the 80's (I think) to ESB. In the current day and age, many people say it's the best of the OT. I strongly disagree with that myself; it's my personal least favorite of the OT. After all, look at what ESB did from what we know in ANH: Vader is revealed to be Anakin instead of having actually killed him; Luke runs away from his Force training to save Leia and Han; Han gets frozen in carbonite, and in general, by the end of the movie, it feels like the Bad Guys won, which while fitting the title of the movie, is a complete reversal from the end of A New Hope.

Of course, back in the 80's, we didn't have the internet to fight everyone on, and the SW fanbase was much more niche.

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-30, 22:32   Link #18
Blueknight78

Quote:
I've unfortunately seen the “fanbase’s” reaction to this movie and it’s quite clearly on the extreme side that goes far beyond bad or “worthy of contempt.”

The petition to have TLJ removed from SW canon that got 50,000 signs or so. The most childish and ridiculous, and proof of how immature and toxic the SW “fanbase” is.

The poisonous and insistent attacks on TLJ and Disney staff. It’s gotten to the point where the “fans” just make up ill will from the staff to vilify them.

Whether you admit it or not, the SW “fanbase” is contaminated with hordes of toxic and hideous people who just hate, hate, and hate. Though like I said, hating is pretty much the “in” thing now as everybody hates on everything.
I do agree with petition is for nothing, the fact which the director was fired and the womans was almost (was saved probably of disney want to avoid being called sexists and bla bla bla, what is making hard nowadays to fire womans from the jobs because if you do that your company will be attacked and bla bla bla).

Unless we get a "full reboot" which not gonna happens too soon TLJ will be canon and can't be erased for now, peoples must just learn do deal with that and complain in the proper way which is not going to watch the movie in the theaters and wait to watch "at home for free" at best or just skip in the same way happened with han solo, low sales speak more loud than childshi complains another failure in specially the main series can easy change a log of things.
Old 2018-07-31, 19:13   Link #19
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
What I would love to know is how people reacted back in the 80's (I think) to ESB. In the current day and age, many people say it's the best of the OT. I strongly disagree with that myself; it's my personal least favorite of the OT. After all, look at what ESB did from what we know in ANH: Vader is revealed to be Anakin instead of having actually killed him; Luke runs away from his Force training to save Leia and Han; Han gets frozen in carbonite, and in general, by the end of the movie, it feels like the Bad Guys won, which while fitting the title of the movie, is a complete reversal from the end of A New Hope.

Of course, back in the 80's, we didn't have the internet to fight everyone on, and the SW fanbase was much more niche.
I can see that. ANH is definitely my favorite. It's just about a perfect movie.

But, at least with ESB's and ROTJ's retconning they try to explain it. I don't like retconning, but if you at least try to fit it in with a reasonable explanation, I'll give you credit for it. The "from a certain point of view" thing isn't perfect, but, hey, it works.

Old 2018-08-01, 15:48   Link #20
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post

Personally, I also find ESB to be my least favorite of the OT. However, my issue isn't due to how dark it gets (as I was aware of the existence of Return of the Jedi when I first saw this film, not to mention the heroes don't get as screwed as the crew in TLJ), but rather the fact that it suffers from a boring second act when it came to Han and Leia, with this problem also affecting The Last Jedi as well.