AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2007-10-27, 12:50   Link #41
Westlo
Lets be reality

Can we stop with people listing manga that came after the anime? Because it's pretty damn obvious when people talk about how "most of the time the anime isn't as good as the manga", it's in reference to anime shows that are based on a manga.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-27, 13:27   Link #42
Seishi
Kholdy's Slave

Send a message via AIM to Seishi Send a message via MSN to Seishi Send a message via Yahoo to Seishi
Chrono Crusade would be the easy answer for me. It's an example of Gonzo doing it right (for once), even if they changed half the entire script.
Old 2007-10-27, 18:21   Link #43
Kyomi
What do I know?

*Raise hand* Actually something hit me. Seems people prefer Nodame Cantabile manga to it's anime counterpart, though I didn't read the thing I can only imagine having a hard time going on with a story about "music" in a manga so can you really make the call so quickly?
Old 2007-10-27, 18:41   Link #44
Sassarai
Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Heh besides the entire school president stuff (which can be skipped) I would disagree and the ending is a lot better as well.
Doesn't it suck when ppl have a different opinion?
I thought they moved into romance theme too much.

Spoiler:
Sassarai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-27, 19:43   Link #45
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassarai View Post
Doesn't it suck when ppl have a different opinion?
I thought they moved into romance theme too much.

Spoiler:
It is interesting how people started to not like Fruits Basket series when things got more serious and introspective.
Old 2007-10-27, 22:20   Link #46
Leon_Lelouch
ミシャだけ

Code Geass' anime is better than the manga....
And Gundam Seed's anime is better than the manga too......
Leon_Lelouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-28, 05:05   Link #47
The Bloodlust Kid
Needs a better screenname

Send a message via AIM to The Bloodlust Kid
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei's anime had a slight advantage over the manga. Probably because the voice cast really fits the characters in question and the music amplifies the atmosphere of the series.
The Bloodlust Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-29, 05:48   Link #48
jouttex
nana-chan fangirl

Yeah, most of the manga that is based on anime have worse quality.... >_< I wouldn't bother listing them up~

School Rumble has much better art in the anime, and deliver the puns much better compared to the manga. But the manga is not too bad too~ for my Eri fix~ xD

Ouran Koukou Host Club, the art is a bit messed up too... Tamaki is much hotter on screen.
jouttex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-29, 08:34   Link #49
christinemarie
Crazy One

Seto No Hanayome
- totally extremely hilarious compared to the manga version
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
- precise picked parts and emphasized greatly per episode. (Though for some anime lovers that can't understand RAW version still in despair with just 8 episodes currently fansubbed).
christinemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-29, 09:33   Link #50
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Rarely does it happen but yeah it does at times.

I prefer OHC Anime to Manga for my own personal reasons the anime is Tamaki centered whilst the manga is slightly twins centered. So being a fan of Tamaki I prefer the anime to the manga. Another show which the anime is better than the manga is GTO . GTO manga has many rough edges which are polished in the anime , The perviness is toned down

This is not an anime show but Live Action but I found Hanazakari no Kimitachi e has a wider appeal . Why I say it well the manga is shojo and for me to simply love speaks volumes about the production team . The transition from a shojo to a show, which caters to all taste, is exceptional
Old 2007-10-29, 11:06   Link #51
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

I think it Ouran Host Club the manga is good but the anime is much batter
in the manga is not funny much like the anime and the pics i can't see me laugh so much
there is also
Fruits Basket
Code Geass
Gundam all the series anime are batter then manga
The Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-31, 10:46   Link #52
siya
An Intellectual Idiot

Location: The Internet, ranging from the World of Warcraft------Deviantart----and much more!..My mostly WoW
Well, I don't think the Manga is always better then the Anime..Norally it is though xD...To me, the manga of Death Note started off a bit boring....It got better of course...but yea, Most of the Manga are better then the anime
siya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-01, 01:17   Link #53
Kyuusai
9wiki
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Kyuusai Send a message via MSN to Kyuusai Send a message via Yahoo to Kyuusai
They've been mentioned here briefly, but I'll mention them again, since they are two of my favorite series...

- Trigun: While the manga is stylish, funny, and action-packed, it's also often a jumbled, hard-to-read mess that leaves character exposition and development second-fiddle to nigh-uninterpretable action scenes. The anime suffers from none of these problems, and really lets the characters shine in meaningful, often touching, ways in between beautiful action sequences. The anime goes in drastically different directions (in terms of events, not than character development, which is similar but better portrayed in the anime), but it was planned with the mangaka's involvement, so I can't object much at all. I read the manga, but it's nothing THAT special. The anime, on the other hand, is one of my favorite series.

The only exceptions to the anime's superiority are that a couple of otherwise very good episodes (episodes 10 & 11) ruin a surprise about a character by showing off a secret about him that ruins the later awe-inspiring reveal, and episode 18, which corresponds to Trigun Maximum #1, where not only is the surprise about the character featured in the episode spoiled at his first appearance, but the villain is changed to a generic bad guy that contributes nothing to the plot (I found that volume of the manga superior in many other minor ways, as well). When recommending the series, I always recommend that the viewer save the episodes 10 and 11 for after episode 18, and read Trigun Maximum #1 before (or instead of) watching episode 18.

- Rozen Maiden: Occasionally when contemplating the anime series, I'll wonder what went wrong. At some points, especially in the first cour, it seemed like some one re-wrote the series to be an episodic kid's show. The manga, while it doesn't share the anime's occasional forays into painful-to-watch children's show cliches, is far less coherent and is structured poorly. The anime improves on this tremendously. One of the show's greater downfalls is that it adjusts events to have a single dramatic plot to climax and close in each cour. While it makes some serious sacrifices to do so, I think overall it was for the better, because it no longer suffers from the rambling and awkward (not to mention drama-killing) plot presentation the manga had.

Rozen Maiden is also a show that benefits greatly from the clean lines, vivid colors, and smooth motion of the art and the life of the voice acting. Through that, the characters seem to come to life instead of simply being cute or interesting artwork.

The Rozen Maiden manga is interesting, but the Rozen Maiden anime is compelling.
Kyuusai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-01, 02:42   Link #54
Conri

Whenever this question is asked, the series that pops into my head is Utena. Admittedly, I haven't read all of the manga, but Utena without the craziness, darkness, missing certain characters and certain relationships is missing most of the things I loved.

Not much else really springs to mind...except for cases where the anime and manga are almost equally good, and I watched the anime first (One Piece). Although, my opinion may change after I finish reading the arcs I've only watched thus far.

Off topic, but an odd one and the exact opposite of this thread's subject, is the simultaneous Mai-Otome anime and manga...in my experience, the anime tends to be better in simultaneous or manga-based-on-anime releases, but in this case, I found the manga more engaging and intriguing, overall.
Conri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-01, 02:46   Link #55
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conri View Post
Whenever this question is asked, the series that pops into my head is Utena. Admittedly, I haven't read all of the manga, but Utena without the craziness, darkness, missing certain characters and certain relationships is missing most of the things I loved.
Yet another manga that was written after the anime. ^_^

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-01, 03:57   Link #56
Kagerou
"Begin, the operation!"
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Kagerou
Yoshiyuki Sadamoto's version of Neon Genesis Evangelion blows compared to the series/movies.
Old 2007-11-01, 05:36   Link #57
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Generally speaking, the ORIGINAL is always the best. Hence, you should research anime titles to find out which is the original version, and read it.
minhtam1638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-01, 15:38   Link #58
User65554
Disabled By Request

The original will usually be the best, as that is the way that it was originally meant to appear. It will have to be adapted to make the action move around on a screen, or to make it static on a peice of paper. Usually the action will not have been written with an adaption to anime/manga in mind, so something may be lost in the transition. There are some exceptions, but generally the original is better than the adaptation as it is, well, the original, how it was first intended to appear.
User65554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-01, 16:17   Link #59
LionsMane
Courageous Guardian

Send a message via AIM to LionsMane
I enjoyed the Mai HiME anime to the manga. Figures, the manga was derived from the anime.

I also prefer the FLCL anime to it's manga counterpart.
Old 2007-11-01, 17:35   Link #60
cicido
I'm so moe I kill myself
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsMane View Post
I enjoyed the Mai HiME anime to the manga. Figures, the manga was derived from the anime.

I also prefer the FLCL anime to it's manga counterpart.
Those are both original animes.

Most of the manga adapted from a light novel/visulal novel aren't as good as the anime. The most important part about a manga is the creativity, plot and how the author understands the story. Thus if the manga isn't original it will mostly turn out bad.
cicido is offline   Reply With Quote