twenty-eight was either mis-informed or at the very least had their
volumes incorrectly labeled. I purchase the volumes as they're printed
and at the end of volume twenty-six it states that volume twenty-seven
won't be out until mid summer.
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-06, 11:26   Link #102
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

The volume 27 (so the story after the chapter 226) will be released in mid summer but the prepublication went until the chapter 235 already.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-06, 16:29   Link #103
stpehen
kisses for all

Confusion over how many volumes are out of a manga (i.e. as above, 26 are out, but you've "seen" up to 28) almost always stems from scanlators making assumptions about what volume a magazine chapter will appear in. Yes, there are only 26 volumes, but people who scanlate from magazine chapters will label the next 10 or so chapters as coming from "volume 27." In general, I dislike this practice (whether the manga is licensed or not), as it is misleading people into thinking that the manga they're downloading is scanned from a nice book and not a toilet paper magazine, which is sadly not the case.

This is why the two mangas that Mangascreener scanlates from magazine scans, Pluto and Bokurano, are not labeled as being in any volume. When books are actually published, we will rescan and release them "properly."
stpehen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-12, 20:28   Link #104
Jn183

So, I guess Darkhorse got the complete license of Berserk Manga. Vol.4 will be out in July 14. BTW, where did you guys read about Berserk Vol.1 or 2 sold out??? I check darkhorse news section and only saw Conan and someother one sold out.
Jn183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-13, 01:12   Link #105
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

I'm waiting impatiently for the hawks to release volume 27.

By the way, I consider that as the story progresses the whole concept of the anime has changed, in the anime it was something very similar to Brave Heart (The Hollywood movie) Big battles, castles, kings and all that sort of stuff. But now the story is going into more fantasy than before, there are more unreal things than before; at least I thought that the anime was very realistic but now we have fairies, ogres, trolls and magic. It is ok, anyways Berserk is still an awesome anime
Old 2004-03-13, 03:09   Link #106
Spooky-Electric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu
I'm waiting impatiently for the hawks to release volume 27.

By the way, I consider that as the story progresses the whole concept of the anime has changed, in the anime it was something very similar to Brave Heart (The Hollywood movie) Big battles, castles, kings and all that sort of stuff. But now the story is going into more fantasy than before, there are more unreal things than before; at least I thought that the anime was very realistic but now we have fairies, ogres, trolls and magic. It is ok, anyways Berserk is still an awesome anime
That's part of what's so great about it in my opinion. It isn't limited to just one thing. We did the castles and big battles thing, and that was great, but now we've moved onto something new, and it keeps it fresh.
Spooky-Electric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-03, 13:31   Link #107
baka
Apathy

Send a message via AIM to baka
i've not been able to find the manga full for berserk but the series was great but im looking for the manga since it'll be longer to see how it turns outexcept for the terrible ending
baka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-04, 14:39   Link #108
Freddy C
Invincible

Send a message via MSN to Freddy C
ive already got chp 237 which is basically vol. 27 so vol. 27 is basically 'out' well on the net at least but yea summer release for vol. 27 as a volume. chp 238 is also about to be out and now its a preview, so expect vol. 28 to be out after vol. 27. as far as ive heard its about 6 months to 8 months between each vol's release though im not very sure, they tend to vary.
Freddy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-04, 17:41   Link #109
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy C
ive already got chp 237 which is basically vol. 27 so vol. 27 is basically 'out' well on the net at least but yea summer release for vol. 27 as a volume. chp 238 is also about to be out and now its a preview, so expect vol. 28 to be out after vol. 27. as far as ive heard its about 6 months to 8 months between each vol's release though im not very sure, they tend to vary.
If what you say is true then Berserk will take like 10 more years to be finished.......................... @_@
Old 2004-04-04, 20:47   Link #110
Scar

vol 27 is out u can find it on this site http://forum.digitalpanic.net/viewforum.php?f=3
Scar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-05, 14:27   Link #111
baka
Apathy

Send a message via AIM to baka
oh thanks for telling me of it being liscensed. Now i can stop searching ^ ^ and just order
baka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-05, 14:31   Link #112
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

That's not actually volume 27, it's just the chapters someone believes will
make up the volume. Volume 27 of Berserk will not be published until July.

Do people actually read these threads or just post whatever they want?
Old 2004-04-05, 14:39   Link #113
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar
[link removed]
Do not post links to licensed material. Read the rules:

Quote:
Do not ask for licensed anime or manga
As described in Fansubbing and Licensing fansubs are technically illegal as they breach copyright. However as AnimeSuki.com does not wish to be associated with piracy, discussions about unlawfully getting licensed anime or manga or even DVD rips are not allowed. This means it is not allowed to post links to sites with such licensed material or ways to obtain it illegally, or ask for links or instructions to be emailed or PM'ed to you. Threads which break this rule will be either closed or simply deleted.
The Berserk manga is licensed, thus no links to it.
Old 2004-04-11, 11:29   Link #114
Freddy C
Invincible

Send a message via MSN to Freddy C
just to say that berserk chp 238 was out today YAAAAAAY!!! im so looking forward to reading it (as im currently revising). the hawks should really pick up their speed on translating and releasing, but they do a good job so nothing to complain about.
Freddy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-19, 19:40   Link #115
delta9

Berserk Manga

I know this is pretty old but I wanted to know what happened after the anime. Anyways anyone know what volume the anime stopped in?
delta9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-19, 19:45   Link #116
JubeiYamazaki

Send a message via AIM to JubeiYamazaki
You should actually read the manga from the start since 30% of the manga got cut out, and so reading the manga will be very different then the show, but I think the was 10.
JubeiYamazaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-19, 19:47   Link #117
Griffith

The TV series ends between volumes 12-13, if I remember right. As for what happens after the anime.. a LOT happens, heh. Let's just put it that way. The anime also skips over some cool scenes and characters. If you want to read some summaries of what happens, I recommend checking out SkullKnight.net, as it's one of the most comprehensive Berserk sites I've seen.
Griffith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-19, 21:06   Link #118
Spooky-Electric

Read Berserk from Volume 1. Period.
Spooky-Electric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-28, 21:11   Link #119
delta9

THANKS (spoilers)

I just finished the last volume on the berserk manga and it was so freakin awsome, I liked it much better than the anime. BUT wtf!!! the ending was a cliff hanger just like the anime was!! Was that the end of berserk? is there or are they making volume 27+ up?

Man I can't wait for the berserk game for ps2!!
delta9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-28, 21:17   Link #120
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta9
I just finished the last volume on the berserk manga and it was so freakin awsome, I liked it much better than the anime. BUT wtf!!! the ending was a cliff hanger just like the anime was!! Was that the end of berserk? is there or are they making volume 27+ up?

Man I can't wait for the berserk game for ps2!!
Berserk is a biweekly, ongoing manga, so yes, more is coming out in Japan as we speak.

Tags
dark fantasy, fantasy, seinen