AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-04-02, 11:48   Link #12981
Hokoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Was that summary from the web novel?
Old 2014-04-02, 11:51   Link #12982
Ultragunner

pointless things? like discussing whether the characters suit certain tropes and archetype?
As I recall, the old DxD thread was closed because people started posting like crazy with no discretion, they even put bizarre tags on (especially after vol 12) such as "weapon NTR", "breast sucking"...etc....,

But I do agree that we shouldn't bring stuffs like real life politics into this.

@Tom Bombadil: how "absurdly stereotypical" did they. say? I'm kina intrigued, if they did see it that way then I wonder how they view the ordinary, wussy, nothing special protagonists that we all see everywhere?
Old 2014-04-02, 12:17   Link #12983
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
I was watching a compilation of promotion ads for the new spring shows, and this caught my attention, mostly because how the Chinese audience mocked its world views and the absurdly stereotypical protagonist. Some claim that they will watch it purely for the flame wars between the viewers. Won't that be fun.
Stereotypical protagonist?

I see...

And what world views?
Old 2014-04-02, 12:25   Link #12984
Tom Bombadil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
@Tom Bombadil: how "absurdly stereotypical" did they. say? I'm kina intrigued, if they did see it that way then I wonder how they view the ordinary, wussy, nothing special protagonists that we all see everywhere?
Here is one of the reviews :
http://www.lightnovel.cn/thread-721865-1-1.html
Spoiler for Chinese original:

Translate:
Spoiler for translate:

Edit: I'll translate this part, too.

Spoiler for Chinese:

Spoiler for Translate:

Probably a bit harsh, but the reviewer did summarise the volumes and commented on them. I only translated the conclusion part.

Last edited by Tom Bombadil; 2014-04-02 at 12:53.
Old 2014-04-02, 12:32   Link #12985
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Quote:

Translate:
I see.

Goku's got nothing on this MC. He's Shiva. He can probably dust Goku before he says "KA". But I wouldn't say his most powerful enemy is Picollo level as there's still a lot we don't know about this universe and we know there's about 12 others guys capable of similar OP shit and probably 50 of them all over the world. And the story makes it clear that being able to kill anyone doesn't always solve your actual problems.

The OPness is intentional.
Old 2014-04-02, 12:34   Link #12986
ChuckE
Provoker

Quote:

Translate:
lol

if only there were manga with a lot of chapters with such protagonist
Old 2014-04-02, 12:34   Link #12987
Ultragunner

then there will be enemies that are beyond even the like of Bu

but oh well, they've got the fundamental mistake when compare this to Dragon Ball or any fighting shounen series out there

I think the better analogy would be Tatsuya being "Dark Superman". "Dark Superman" means he's pretty much invincible (although it has been made clear that it isn't the case), but he's not fighting for the justice-crap. He's no hero, yet not a villain with a cliched goal like "destroy humanity, consume all life"...etc...In addition, we do have Lex Luthor (I'm talking to you, Koichi ) lurking around and he's clearly not a friend of 'Dark Superman"
Old 2014-04-02, 12:37   Link #12988
Galacticichi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vocah View Post
I disagree. A good adaption will be 1-4 and maybe 5.
I think this is the best way to adapt MKnR because if they try and incorporate vol 6 then they will have to add vol 7 as well. Then that's 3 eps for each volume which doesn't seem quite right. Plus from the PVs it seems they will be adding flashbacks to vol 8 or at least young Tatsuya using MB.

If they do stretch to vol 6 they could cliff hang and/or lead into another season.

Also, on the official website they have character designs for the MCs and Masaki and George and no one else. They might just not want to post any more characters, or the show doesn't go further than the Nine Schools Competition therefore all characters afterwards won't have designs because they haven't been introduced yet. I know it's a weak theory but it's worth mentioning I think.
Old 2014-04-02, 12:43   Link #12989
Ultragunner

how come there are only 3 eps/ vol if they do try to adapt 6 vols in a 26 episode series?

take Log Horizon for example, they adapt 5 vols into 25 episodes while there are occasional dragging in several eps. There are a lot of things that you can cut from the LN that will not really undermine the story or the characters

for the MB at the beginning, I think that's just for an impressive opening into the series, AND it could serve as the teaser for further materials like OVAs or even a movie (which is the best IMO)
Old 2014-04-02, 12:43   Link #12990
Galacticichi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucarion View Post
I see.

Goku's got nothing on this MC. He's Shiva. He can probably dust Goku before he says "KA". But I wouldn't say his most powerful enemy is Picollo level as there's still a lot we don't know about this universe and we know there's about 12 others guys capable of similar OP shit and probably 50 of them all over the world. And the story makes it clear that being able to kill anyone doesn't always solve your actual problems.

The OPness is intentional.
I'm fully confident that Satou-sensei will introduce opponents who will REALLY give Tatsuya a hard time.
Old 2014-04-02, 13:09   Link #12991
SilverDestruction

Thinking about it this way: If they are planning to do the first 4 or 5 volumes only then that would mean Masaki and George would likely appear episode 16/17 or later.

However, their character designs and profiles are already on the main anime website before the anime has even aired. For characters that wouldn't even appear in an anime until 16 or 17 episodes in, is that actually common or not?
If not then I would say this would mean it is more likely we will be reaching the nine school arc earlier and therefore mean more volumes are being adapted.
Old 2014-04-02, 13:17   Link #12992
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galacticichi View Post
I think this is the best way to adapt MKnR because if they try and incorporate vol 6 then they will have to add vol 7 as well. Then that's 3 eps for each volume which doesn't seem quite right. Plus from the PVs it seems they will be adding flashbacks to vol 8 or at least young Tatsuya using MB.

If they do stretch to vol 6 they could cliff hang and/or lead into another season.

Also, on the official website they have character designs for the MCs and Masaki and George and no one else. They might just not want to post any more characters, or the show doesn't go further than the Nine Schools Competition therefore all characters afterwards won't have designs because they haven't been introduced yet. I know it's a weak theory but it's worth mentioning I think.
Or it could mean just the characters on the first half of the show...

Just saying. I expect this to end with Scorched Halloween. We've got 26 episodes. Half of that would cover events up to the 9 Schools Arc. (12-14)We get a couple of new songs, and maybe around that time we'll also get some new promo art.
Old 2014-04-02, 13:27   Link #12993
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverDestruction View Post
Thinking about it this way: If they are planning to do the first 4 or 5 volumes only then that would mean Masaki and George would likely appear episode 16/17 or later.
Or they could appear in the second opening, hinting at the Monolith finals between 1st and 3rd High.

I believe episodes 1-7 will cover the first two volumes, 8-16 Vol.3&4, maybe 17 as Student President election as transition and 18-26 for Vol.6-7.
Old 2014-04-02, 14:18   Link #12994
Echizen777

For the anime I want them to stop at v07, I think it's enough.

Quote:
I'm fully confident that Satou-sensei will introduce opponents who will REALLY give Tatsuya a hard time.
There are already opponents who can give him an hard time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultraviolet X View Post
I can't beleive im quoting this post so early.

Ive checked a few sites for the definition, and it does not change. Its simply the interpretation of other people that does. The things that vary depending on the show/book is this part.

- A character who is unrealistic in the fictional world there in.

Read the part where I clarifyed the definition, i tried to make it as simple as possible. Tatsuya has no chance of fitting it. Miyuki on the other hand, is actually debatable. And yes, Bella from twilight does fit, its more obvious after she becomes a vampire.
That;s the problem with the Sue. The original definition is as you said but most of the time people treat a character as a Sue when he is excellent at something nowadays, they don't understand the true definition and those who know it well are generally annoyed.
Old 2014-04-02, 14:25   Link #12995
anonfr

I really wish that the anime staff could just up and say "we're covering these specified volumes"

I've wished this more than once. I've wished it many times in fact. One of the problems of watching a series you already read is that you anticipate whether or not it's going to show some of your favorite scenes from your favorite arcs, or where it's going to end versus the things you want to see.

I understand there's probably reasons they won't specify which volumes they cover, like say, people buy all the volumes instead of focusing on what the anime covers to spoil.

But god damn it, I really wish they'd just let us know.
Old 2014-04-02, 14:44   Link #12996
Lazy cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonfr View Post
I really wish that the anime staff could just up and say "we're covering these specified volumes"

I've wished this more than once. I've wished it many times in fact. One of the problems of watching a series you already read is that you anticipate whether or not it's going to show some of your favorite scenes from your favorite arcs, or where it's going to end versus the things you want to see.

I understand there's probably reasons they won't specify which volumes they cover, like say, people buy all the volumes instead of focusing on what the anime covers to spoil.

But god damn it, I really wish they'd just let us know.
well at least we can have a good idea of how much it will cover around ep 4 depending on the anime pacing. all i wish is that they do not spend too much time on the enrolment arc, and finish the anime with schrched halloween
Old 2014-04-02, 14:47   Link #12997
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy cat View Post
well at least we can have a good idea of how much it will cover around ep 4 depending on the anime pacing. all i wish is that they do not spend too much time on the enrolment arc, and finish the anime with schrched halloween
Yeah I agree. The enrollment arc is probably my least favorite arc. I like everything up til the clubs recruitment, but I couldn't really get into the whole Blanche thing. It did a lot to explain the Shiba sibings which I appreciate, but once we got into the 9 schools competition is when I really started to get into this series.
Old 2014-04-02, 14:52   Link #12998
Echizen777

They have to adapt Yokohama, they have to. That's the part where magicians other than Tatsuya and Miyuki prove how strong they are.

Before this it's just "Tatsuya and Miyuki are very strong and a few other OP magicians are praised by stomping their peers."
Also the other main characters aren't overshadowed in this arc, even the minor ones, the balance is perfect.
If they leave it for season 2(yes, I am sure there'll be a season 2) it will give me a bad aftertaste.

I hope the Reminiscence parts are just flashbacks and that it will be a movie or something.
Old 2014-04-02, 15:06   Link #12999
Galacticichi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Or they could appear in the second opening, hinting at the Monolith finals between 1st and 3rd High.

I believe episodes 1-7 will cover the first two volumes, 8-16 Vol.3&4, maybe 17 as Student President election as transition and 18-26 for Vol.6-7.
Okay this is probably the best way to do it.

I'm unsure about anything because of seeing a Reminiscence flashback in the pv. I doubt there will be just that one and that's fine but then there's really no way to grasp where the anime will end and who knows what else they'll add.
Old 2014-04-02, 15:33   Link #13000
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
I'm not. So far (12 volumes in?), it reads like a kid's power fantasy. "See how my character is strong, how nothing phases him, how he's always right". At least there hasn't been a full blown "see how girls throw themselves at him", but that's all. Every obstacle he's faced has proven pretty trivial in the end. Except one instance when he was a kid.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings