Homura7

Last panel.

And thus, Samael is born.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-09, 18:43   Link #3982
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well that explains the end result though we have to infer (until next chapter) the motivation. So basically the original Gowther used the emotional unrest in Mael to utterly mess with his memories and turn him to the side of the Demon Clan. Brutal . And here I was frustrated with Gowther earlier in the story with him messing with people's memories. Just shows that was child's play to what he and the original Gowther did on a larger scale. Corrupting the most powerful of the archangels alone is a big win for the Demon Clan.

Although since the memories of the Demon King and everyone else was messed with there has to be something more to it. Although maybe he simply wanted to limit the chance of Mael's memories and personality resurfacing if no one else knew and could accidentally mention it.

Good job though. Showing how he rose up to that position, gained so much confidence and yet was utterly destroyed. Wrecked emotionally from Elizabeth not feeling the same for him (although doesn't appear he ever actually told her how he felt) and then turned into something he hated.
Old 2018-07-09, 19:01   Link #3983
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

The bigger the pride.
The harder the fall.
Old 2018-07-09, 21:14   Link #3984
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Well that explains the end result though we have to infer (until next chapter) the motivation. So basically the original Gowther used the emotional unrest in Mael to utterly mess with his memories and turn him to the side of the Demon Clan. Brutal . And here I was frustrated with Gowther earlier in the story with him messing with people's memories. Just shows that was child's play to what he and the original Gowther did on a larger scale. Corrupting the most powerful of the archangels alone is a big win for the Demon Clan.

Although since the memories of the Demon King and everyone else was messed with there has to be something more to it. Although maybe he simply wanted to limit the chance of Mael's memories and personality resurfacing if no one else knew and could accidentally mention it.

Good job though. Showing how he rose up to that position, gained so much confidence and yet was utterly destroyed. Wrecked emotionally from Elizabeth not feeling the same for him (although doesn't appear he ever actually told her how he felt) and then turned into something he hated.
Gowther's plan to end the war was to trick the goddesses into using their trump card. The goddesses had a way to end the war, a way to seal away the demon clan, but since the goddesses would have to sacrfice themselves, it was only an option of last resort... hence gowther had to trick them into believing the situation was just THAT dire. So he turns mael into estarossa and rewrites everyone's memories to make them believe that Estrossa killed Mael. With the strongest of the archangels dead, the goddesses would believe the war has turned against them and become desperate enough to feel they need to seal away the demons while sacrificing their physical bodies.
Old 2018-07-09, 21:44   Link #3985
Wandering Soul

On one hand, what Gowther did is pretty deplorable and outright horrendous if Mael was aware throughout the process. On the other hand, it was for the greater purpose of ending the war and preventing more bloodshed, so I guess it all comes down if you truly believe the ends justifies the means.
Old 2018-07-09, 22:49   Link #3986
Twi

Or if you dislike people screwing with other people's minds. Look at the stuff the current Gowther has done to the people on his side, from the explosive girl to Diana. Now imagine how violated Mael must feel.

I'm giving Gowther a pass on this one because his father was the one who did it and I don't believe in the Sins of the father passing onto the child, but seriously that's messed up.

Don't get me wrong, both the demons and the angels have done some messed up things to both each other and the mortal races in-between them. I still haven't forgotten all the soul-eating that the demons have done since they got back. But still...

Last edited by Twi; 2018-07-09 at 23:03.
Twi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-10, 03:57   Link #3987
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
At this point the atrocities on both sides are pretty spectacular. The incident with Mael is just an addition on top of a horrible series of acts.

I appreciate Gowther's stance, but it's really not going to do much. That much rage and what has to be an utterly messed up emotional state isn't going to stop at just killing Gowther. Although in the state he's in not sure where he'll end it. And while I have a mountain of complaints for what Gowther did to his allies...this one isn't entirely on him.

Kind of curious how it will play out. With that last image he might turn into some crazy mix of demon and angel. Could serve as one of the last threats though honestly a victim so killing him wouldn't quite feel appropriate...
Old 2018-07-10, 10:57   Link #3988
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Kind of curious how it will play out. With that last image he might turn into some crazy mix of demon and angel. Could serve as one of the last threats though honestly a victim so killing him wouldn't quite feel appropriate...
It depends on the execution. He might turn into a tragic villain.

Only thing we can be certain of is that he's going to fight Meliodas, given how obsessed he is with Elizabeth. In fact, if he hadn't been brainwashed at that moment, what would he have done after seeing her kiss Meliodas?
Old 2018-07-10, 12:26   Link #3989
Homura7

This has just started, and we were warned about it.

Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2018-07-10, 12:52   Link #3990
AP24

There is this page from the Vol 32 extra

Spoiler for spoiler:

Based on the extra, it seems Mael got brainwashed after Meliodas and Elizabeth got killed and cursed.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-10, 13:23   Link #3991
SilverGlavenus

Possessors of Sunshine are in the zone right now, the friendzone that is.
SilverGlavenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-10, 16:41   Link #3992
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

^
Savage.
Old 2018-07-10, 17:22   Link #3993
marvelB

Personally, I'm wondering if Mael will become so crazed from Gowther the First's mind-rapery that he'll end up trying to absorb both complete sets of Commandments AND Graces into himself..... But then again, if you think about it, by inadvertently creating a monstrosity with the powers of both light AND darkness, OG Gowther's plan to end the Holy War will have turned out to be a little TOO effective, lol.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-11, 03:07   Link #3994
LevelSeven

^my idea as well, he will get both sides and rival DK as well as the goddess, probably will mortally injure them to the point where they will give all their powers to the MC and eliz (or others as well) and that will be the big epic final battle
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-11, 12:00   Link #3995
DragonOsman
Dragon King

If AP24's interpretation is right about that extra chapter and all, then I wonder why Mael in that flashback started saying he's Estarossa right after he saw Meliodas and Elizabeth kiss?

Anyway, I'm also wondering about what Mael will do now. Will he kill everyone, just Gowther, or all of the demons? And what turn will the war take after this? Can't wait.
Old 2018-07-12, 12:59   Link #3996
marvelB

Just a couple tiny spoiler pics out for now:

Spoiler for 275:
Old 2018-07-12, 13:11   Link #3997
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I wonder if both sides will have to team up to take him out. And I know it's probably wishful thinking, but it'd be good if they can find a way to reconcile while doing that.
Old 2018-07-13, 12:45   Link #3998
Homura7

Yikes, that gaze is giving me the creeps.
Old 2018-07-14, 23:39   Link #3999
marvelB

There still doesn't seem to be a summary, but at least the Korean scans are out:

Spoiler for 275:
Old 2018-07-15, 11:16   Link #4000
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
There still doesn't seem to be a summary, but at least the Korean scans are out:

Spoiler for 275:
I wonder if graces can be stolen like commandments. I could see Mael going after them. If he absorbed all the graces and the remaining commandments, he could become stronger than the Supreme Goddess and the Demon King!

Tags
adventure, romance, shounen