AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-16, 18:24   Link #121
Amirali
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Amirali
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVPlaya View Post
Yeah that's the line, but it make sense since they're really not human, but hybrid warriors designed to fight and die. I would think that the first thing the Org would remove from such a creature is their ability to procreate. Just too much humanity for killing machines if they're allowed to have kids and, gasp, families. I think they stop seeing themselves as woman... notice Teresa's reaction to certain acts by certain crappy men.
Maybe, but lets not overstate the strictness of the Org. They seem okay with Claymores taking children around (Clare with Teresa, and Raki with Clare) even when it slows them down. On that thought............how would a child turn out who'd been brought up his/her entire childhood with a Claymore? Since Claymores can't procreate, what if two of them agreed to "adopt" a child together? I'm not necessarily suggesting yuri here :P, but adoptions seem a way a Claymore could have a semi-normal family (hint, hint, fan-fiction idea).
Old 2007-07-17, 05:20   Link #122
HinaThePrince

Claymores can't have a normal family. Adoption or not, their lifestyle is that of a lone warrior. They definitely can't settle down with a husband/wife and raise a kid - their job doesn't allow it, nor does their mental state.
Old 2007-07-17, 05:35   Link #123
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

And since they canīt quit their job. I say a family is out of question.
Old 2007-07-17, 10:34   Link #124
Yorae_paladin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiled one View Post
And since they canīt quit their job. I say a family is out of question.
Spoiler:
Old 2007-07-17, 15:10   Link #125
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Just thinking that the kid would have 47 Mommies and Aunties...

Teresa - Irene - chibiClare = awesome

With anyone else though...it gets ... complicated ... Not to mention hilariously weird...

Spoiler for quickie:
Old 2007-07-17, 18:12   Link #126
Amirali
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinaThePrince View Post
Claymores can't have a normal family. Adoption or not, their lifestyle is that of a lone warrior. They definitely can't settle down with a husband/wife and raise a kid - their job doesn't allow it, nor does their mental state.
No-one said having a family means settling down.........I was thinking more of travelling Claymores, who would take their adopted child/children with them. Well, maybe leave them behind on dangerous missions in a town somewhere. As far as the job not allowing it, I haven't seen org protest to either Clare x Teresa or Raki x Clare.........it becomes even easier if more than one claymore share the responsibility.

As far as mental state goes, I suppose the average claymore wouldn't opt for it. But I think it would have a therapeutic/comforting effect for many of them, what with the lonely lives they have. I don't see what is it in their mental state that would prevent them from forming human relations..........at the least , it hasn't stopped Clare and Teresa so far. Of course, the mortality rate is high, so there should be more than two Claymores who take responsibility to raise a child...............foursome, anyone?

Last edited by Amirali; 2007-07-17 at 19:38. Reason: bad choice of words initially
Old 2007-07-17, 18:49   Link #127
HinaThePrince

Dude, Claymores aren't going to start traveling in fours in order to protect a kid they picked off the street just so that they'll learn to be kinder and more loving or whatever.
Old 2007-07-17, 19:36   Link #128
Amirali
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinaThePrince View Post
Dude, Claymores aren't going to start traveling in fours in order to protect a kid they picked off the street just so that they'll learn to be kinder and more loving or whatever.
I didn't mean all the claymores travelling together........I mean they have an arrangement that if one dies, another has already agreed to take up responsibility for the orphan........that's what i meant about an arrangement between claymores.Ok, no-one adopts a child explicitly for selfimprovement, whether real world or claymore universe, so my original choice of words for the motivation was misleading.

But I don't find it incredible to conceive that a single woman, without family or romantic partner ,without ability to reproduce (possibly, although not proven) would want to adopt out of loneliness. I'm not saying every claymore would or should do it........but I think its a realistic possibility to see a fanfic where a particular Claymore/s adopts a child, or where friendly claymores agree to share responsibility for a child.

Granted, there are practical obstacles to adoption or family forming(none of which I've seen that are insurmountable, or stopped Teresa being with Clare) ...........which means that there's better fanfic potential drawing out that conflict between a yearning for family vs the obstacles in the way. Conflict is the root of a good story. I still don't see how it would OOC with the Claymore universe.

Tempest: Funny story about Helen and Deneve. It would have been funny when if the fab four had been fighting the male awakened being back in ep 11, only Helen and Clare survive, but Clare is critically injured saving Helen's life. Worried about Raki, and what the organization would do to him she asks Helen to protect him ; Helen accepts out of a sense of obligation :P. I can see Helen and Raki having a pretty funny relationship:

Raki (sobs at night) : "I want clare back !!"
Helen: "you brat, let me sleep !! Aargh, if only I hadn't promised Clare I wouldn't hurt you. Alright, if its the only way to shut you up" (Helen slides her warm body next to Raki).

Last edited by Amirali; 2007-07-17 at 20:34.
Old 2007-07-18, 16:11   Link #129
Negativedark
Proud Yuma Lover.

Okay, here's another stream of conscousness drabble I did. Takes place right after the Teresea arc, when Claire looks at the sleeping Raki and says "Teresea"
Spoiler for Space saving:

Next something very silly.
Old 2007-07-19, 23:44   Link #130
Amirali
Banned

Am going to write a fanfic dealing with the gap between Teresa's death and the start of the Claymore mana. It'll be my humble attempt to track Clare's formative years as Rubel's gentle hand guides her through the early trauma. Does anyone have suggestions for particular aspects/themes of those days?
Old 2007-07-20, 02:09   Link #131
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by amirali1985
It'll be my humble attempt to track Clare's formative years as Rubel's gentle hand guides her through the early trauma.
For a moment there, you made Rubel sound like a paedophile....

Well, here's a suggestion (not so much a theme, but an idea rather). Rubel seems to know a lot more than he chooses to reveal. Someone once suggested in the episode threads that Rubel may turn out to be "Deep Throat", for all we know. So, a story to explore his relationship with the Organisation could be interesting.
Old 2007-07-20, 12:03   Link #132
Negativedark
Proud Yuma Lover.

Here's an idea I had. If a brother and sister both survive a Yoma attack, and the girl becomes a Claymore, and the boy is sent north, what happens if they meet again?
Old 2007-07-21, 02:23   Link #133
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negativedark View Post
Here's an idea I had. If a brother and sister both survive a Yoma attack, and the girl becomes a Claymore, and the boy is sent north, what happens if they meet again?
ANGST~!! Can that be summed up in a mere drabble though?
Old 2007-07-21, 10:50   Link #134
wpnsiu86

hi everyone, i'm actually thinking of writing a claymore fanfic, but on a different timeline, with entirely new characters. This story takes place 200 years after the current events in the actual manga (why 200 years? well... just a random number). Below is a little prologue, i will some comments before i continue with the main story. Hope you guys will like it!

Spoiler for Prologue:
Old 2007-07-22, 00:41   Link #135
Yorae_paladin1

Well my idea is part my huge saga revelations of the past. The fic is called advent rising. Note here quite a few humans are not as helpless against yoma but these humans are also very much coveted by yoma as better meals than there normal bretheren infact normal humans are often ignored when special humans(neo human/those who draw upon the four powers of humanity)come in and yoma are at least twice as dangerous they begin to group up more often without awakened and the act much smarter many neo humans died cause of this. The reason yoma want them more they give off an extremely pleasing smell cause of the inner energy they release in larger quantities(an energy found in all humans but few draw upon it) and when the yomas eat the innards they taste like god made the meal.

The title advent rising means a prophecied human who shall break the limits of mankind and gain power equal to the gods he shall lead humanity into a new age and destroy the yoma once and for all. many humans are looking for him and yoma overall are ignorant of the prophecy except the 8 extremely powerful pure breed yoma known as the yoma lords they await the coming of this human to repeat the ancient war between man and yoma whom the lords tell where great wars and mankind was at it most fiercest and best by the yoma they were called human devils the devilmen worthy meals The yoma won the first war in ancient times why humanity is now plagued by them almost domesticated by them this will be the second.

Note about the yoma lords they are big on racial pride and hate claymores and awakened they consider them cowards and weaklings for forsaking how nature made them they have more respect for humans cause at least they stay proud of who they are they also hate yoma who serve awakened and kill them if seen.
"I do not hate you. I do not think your a monster just another species trying to live like us humans. If there is a monster in this world its nature itself for wanting and allowing spectacles of death and destruction."

Neo Human Angelus Von Doom to Abyssal Riful before there battle. My fic saga revelations of the past title Advent Rising
Old 2007-07-27, 17:40   Link #136
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

Spoiler for possible chapter 74 speculation:
Old 2007-08-02, 18:35   Link #137
throrine

Send a message via Yahoo to throrine
i saw a mention of a possible story to make raki more cooler... And then i heard gender bending.. now common he doesnt need to be a girl to be a claymore. You can write whatever you like but if there is to be a story about raki i'd like to see him as a male claymore or a under control awakened being. His love interest in clare could be his whole key to remaining non human gut eating.

I havent read the manga. i'm in the prossess of getting it however and if raki is going to come back, from what i've seen in the anime i suspect he will be the "just in time power up hero". Maybe he will be this animes first wizard or something.. but definatly not a woman.
Old 2007-08-02, 23:26   Link #138
hollywoodlou
from Hollywood CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerider View Post
Spoiler for possible chapter 74 speculation:
That's a good one...

Try this:

Spoiler for chapter "74":
Old 2007-08-04, 11:07   Link #139
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

I thought that the Fab 4 reunion deserved some recognition.

Reunion ~ Pt1

In the Northern Lands in the country of Alphonse, snow, wind and cold were all that greeted traverlers to its domain. "Whew~ For once I'm glad I'm a freakin' Claymore," Helen raised her voice above the wind blowing the snow. "I'd be freezing in this weather."

"All of us would," Deneve looked to the bundled up citizens of Pieta as they walked briskly out in the streets. Mingled amongst them however were many others of their comrades. Most were concentrated around the central square, motionless as they waited for everyone to assemble. "This is going to be a big operation," she murmured. Never in the history of the Organization had Awakened Beings gathered in this large a force enough to warrant an equally large force of Claymores to be assembled like this. But something about how the orders were given grated her for some reason that she could not figure out despite thinking endlessly about it.

"Hey Deneve," Helen glanced at her friend, unknowingly disturbing her inner thoughts. "Do you think that they'll show up?"

The emphasis she placed on the word was a dead give-a-way and Deneve took a moment to think of whom Helen would be refering to. "You mean Clare and Miria?"

"Yeah! I mean," Helen hesitated, rubbing the back of her head, "This thing would be boring if they didn't show up." She couldn't quite bring herself to say what she was really thinking but Deneve clearly heard the worry in her friend's voice.

It had been months since they had last seen each other and no word had circulated on either of them. Well, they had heard that Clare had disappeared a while back while on a mission with the dreaded #4 Ophelia, inciting Helen to drink a little more than usual out of worry for her friend. She didn't get drunk, which was a good thing, but Helen's disposition afterward made her barely tolerable even for Deneve had she not known what had brought it on. To tell the truth, even though she didn't show it, she was slightly worried more for Clare than Miria. Miria was strong minded and a powerful warrior - she had to survive for it meant the survival of all four of them. Clare, despite the way she carried herself, gave Deneve the impression of an unruly little sister that always got into trouble even when she didn't mean to.

"Helen. Stop worrying. They will make it here. They are the same as us - stubborn." Her voice was as stern as always but her eyes gave Helen the feeling of a gentle caress.

"Yeah," Helen nodded, her face brightening a bit. "They had to survive up til now." She grinned and added as an afterthough, "Besides I can't wait to see how much cuter Clare's little boy grew up now." Despite teasing Clare about him, Helen thought that he'd make a pretty fine looking man - once he grew up that is.

Deneve wondered why did she bother with Helen sometimes. The thought barely had time to register properly in her mind when Helen suddenly stopped, staring hard through the snow at a street corner where two figures suddenly appeared from a side street. "Oi Deneve...!"

Deneve turned to where Helen had froze up. Already she knew that two more of their comrades had entered the town, bringing the total up to 23 now. One youki signature was fairly strong, the other one was so low it was almost laughable...yet oh so familiar.
"Those two are..."

Helen's face nearly split from the large grin on her face. "That's her! I'm sure of it! Clare-chan!" Helen broke into a run towards the duo with all the enthusuasim of a child seeing a playmate after a long time of being absent.

"Matte ku," Deneve couldn't help her smile as she briskly followed Helen at a walk. "You're such a kid sometimes Helen." Her eyes turned towards their combined target and her smile grew a fraction larger. "Nice to see you too, Clare."
Old 2007-08-10, 23:06   Link #140
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

The much continuation of my last fan-fic on this post (On page 5)

Hope you all enjoy it, (helpful) critique is appreciated.

Spoiler for Spoiler for Volume 12+:

Hope you guys liked it, took me longer to write this one then the last one

Tags
fanfiction