AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2008-02-21, 09:16   Link #5761
Astrana
MMmmmm Bacon~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dearka View Post
Yeah, the Japanese surprise me sometimes. Like with the fact that they'd actually buy the new Astray kits. They are, like, totally nothing special.
well. kits in Japan are half of the price wut we pay in north America. Also store competition always leads to special sale or lower price.
Astrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-21, 09:24   Link #5762
EXEs
Hallelujah...

They're crazily cheap in Hong Kong too. I paid $129 HKD for a 1/100 Gundam Exia when it came out, that's about 1788 yen, or $16.54 USD (That's even cheaper than in Japan, ain't it?). The place I got it is quite "local", and they've got the best model-makers (Mong Kok if you're interested)
EXEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-21, 09:35   Link #5763
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

It all depends on whether the merchant wants to make a profit off the customer.

Major toys retailers such as Toy R US from where I am mark up to a profit of 40% as their pricing. Hobby Shops usually makes a small margin of 10%.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-21, 09:47   Link #5764
Rey Za Burrel
Taiyou no Tsubasa

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
I will only have HG1/144 for my 00 kits, so I hope there will be Nadleeh soon.

The Seed Frame's covers are funny. I don't think much people are interested to buy them though. The G3 Vs Rick Dom looks quite nice
I dont care for the cgue..meh , but the white bucue looks bad ass with 9 beam blades , how cool
The previous Bucue HG model seem to have problems with their legs joints , hope this one wont repeat the same mistake
Rey Za Burrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-21, 09:58   Link #5765
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

But who the heck is Alec and what does he look like? Just asking. 'Cause I kinda like Kerberos Stargazer BuCue, and among the Astrays it's custom version is indeed most interesting release for now. Though I doubt I'd buy it.
Sir Dearka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-21, 10:23   Link #5766
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
i got a feeling the next is Hyperion Gai ver?

duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-21, 11:40   Link #5767
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Nah, so far all we've seen from the line are all repaints. It would be nice to see actual new kit though, such as the new Blue Frame
Old 2008-02-21, 11:53   Link #5768
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

If there was a MG Impulse, I'd buy it right away

And if they're doing repaints, they could at least give me that Dearka Phantom Zaku Custom in 1/100
Old 2008-02-21, 13:15   Link #5769
beamknight87
Gold Saint

Massive lol at that "new" Strike IWSP. It has only 2 more beam rifles, 2 pistols and the hook things of the hands and feet. Aside that, is 99.9% identical to the previous one -_-

Anyways, a couple of photos I took from the recent Gundams I got:

The EMiA Nu and Sazabi

(yes, that's the Zombie Survival Guide behind the Nu >_<)

The Fix Figurations of the Shin Musha and the X-3. These were my very first GFF and man... taking out all the parts from the box is a serious pain in the ass, you easily spend 15 minutes on each figure doing just that.

Shin Musha Gundam

Awesomely cool for my liking, but as you can see, the right arm is barely separated from the body. The reason is because the shoulder-arm connecting joint not only was broken, it is also badly designed (seriously, who did it? someone with half a brain maybe?). The right arm can`t do ANYTHING, not even be lifted due to the nature of the joint. Also, this thing even with all that bulky armor is extremely light, so if it falls from your shelve... well, expect someone to do some serious crying
Another complain is the armor of the right leg. You are supposed to attach first the lateral parts and finally the frontal one to assemble it. The problem is that the inner armor part doesn't fit completely, leaving the rest of the pieces somewhat loose.
Well, maybe it was only my copy, if anyone decides to get it, good luck. Don't get me wrong, its an awesome figure, its just that I felt disappointed a little with in terms of quality after messing around a bit with the X-3.

Crossbone Gundam X-3

Since I played SRW @2 these series quickly became my favorite one of all the UCE given the so badass looking designs and both the technical and mechanical details of the mechs. If my memory serves me right, the X-3 was the most powerful machine at its moment, but its potential wasn't exactly used at its full capacity due to its rookie pilot Tobiah. The demise of this machine was when Tobiah self-destructed it to finish Dukachi once and for all... me thinks, have not played SD G Gen Spirits in a long time >_<
ANYWAY... this thing weighs at least the double of the Musha, being made of a more solid and hard PVC. That light-blue paint job is very cool looking and the mobility of the mech is real good for its size. What's more, it comes with a TON of extras: it has spare parts for building either the X-1 Kai or the X-1 Full Cloth version, the ever so famous antibeam mantle (which looks a gazillion times cooler than the piece of crap the MG version came with -_-), the 9 barrel gun thing, the Zanbuster, a beam shield, the whips and even some crane-hook thing that I don't know whats for and more.
A very awesome figure extremely versatile given the so many possibilities it offers to build. If I get to see another one of this I would buy it right away just to be able to display both the X-1 and the X-3.

Anyways, the store also had this gem: http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10035421 I think I'll consider it being an awesome variation of good old Z and also for having 6 different possible build-ups
beamknight87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-21, 14:43   Link #5770
Spitfire
Mr. Bushido

Quote:
If there was a MG Impulse, I'd buy it right away

And if they're doing repaints, they could at least give me that Dearka Phantom Zaku Custom in 1/100
Or you know, they could give us a kit actually worth buying, instead of another pointless Destiny repaint.
Old 2008-02-21, 15:02   Link #5771
Rey Za Burrel
Taiyou no Tsubasa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Or you know, they could give us a kit actually worth buying, instead of another pointless Destiny repaint.
something like 1/100 No Grade Graham Flag , I will love to hear that
Rey Za Burrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-21, 15:08   Link #5772
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey Za Burrel View Post
something like 1/100 No Grade Graham Flag , I will love to hear that
That'd be awesome, too.

beamknight87, the crossbone looks just great. I see it has a decent choice of heads and parts. Does it have a variety of cloaks, too?
Old 2008-02-21, 15:20   Link #5773
beamknight87
Gold Saint

Quote:
beamknight87, the crossbone looks just great. I see it has a decent choice of heads and parts. Does it have a variety of cloaks, too?
Well, it only has one hard plastic cloak that looks deteriorated as if it had sustained multiple high energy beam hits. It attaches easily to the shoulder armor.
If you consider the Full Cloth parts as another cloak ...

I guess the only thing this figure didn't come with were the normal beam sabers that are attached to the flying core (you know, those thin tube things that the MG version comes with) but hey, no complaints whatsoever, the Crossbones had a ton of armament equipped ^^. That and also the beam saber effect parts for the Muramasa Blaster were missed... man, this things are overpowered SOB's
beamknight87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-21, 15:23   Link #5774
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Nice I'm planning to get my ver. Ka Crossbone Master Grade soon, so I'm kinda doing research on eventual other versions
Old 2008-02-21, 19:22   Link #5775
knives25

Quote:
Originally Posted by azuma-blade View Post
hey lowegear! I just want to share my latest work with you, Wing Zero. Ope you will like it!

Spoiler for MG Wingzero (TV) sorry to many pics :):

That's all! And will proceed to my next project, ZGMF-X20A Strike Freedom
WOW DUDE, YOURE ONE HELL OF A POSER, DO YOU KNOW WHO OWNS THE KIT THAT YOU POSTED HERE? EVEN THE LINK SHOWS WHO OWNS THE PICTURES.... MAN YOURE ONE CERTIFIED POSER...
knives25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-21, 21:15   Link #5776
philmein

Quote:
Originally Posted by knives25 View Post
WOW DUDE, YOURE ONE HELL OF A POSER, DO YOU KNOW WHO OWNS THE KIT THAT YOU POSTED HERE? EVEN THE LINK SHOWS WHO OWNS THE PICTURES.... MAN YOURE ONE CERTIFIED POSER...
What the...?
What link?
philmein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-21, 21:25   Link #5777
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Why suddenly there are new members with one posts register just to say this? Weird
Old 2008-02-21, 21:31   Link #5778
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
Why suddenly there are new members with one posts register just to say this? Weird
When people have something they really need to say, they'll do what it takes to say it.

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-21, 21:39   Link #5779
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

Quote:
Originally Posted by philmein View Post
What the...?
What link?
Right-click and look at the URL of the image.
dodgethis_sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-21, 21:50   Link #5780
philmein

Thanks.
Too bad the link doesn't verify whether if he's a "poser" or not.
philmein is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy