AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-02-15, 22:54   Link #1681
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Unlike Matsu, Tsukiumi wasn't aware of Homura's problem.. She so dense, she cant even tell Homura=Kagari

I forgive her.. <3
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-15, 22:57   Link #1682
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
Unlike Matsu, Tsukiumi wasn't aware of Homura's problem.. She so dense, she cant even tell Homura=Kagari

I forgive her.. <3
ah duh I forgot about that. But even though she does call him Minato's wife, she uses "him" and again so does Minato. Im behind in the scans but Im assuming Minato still refers to Kagari as him/he (someone correct me if Im wrong or it hasnt been mentioned) but if/when Mina-tan calls him a you know what then Ill cave...til then, he's a guy!
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-15, 23:02   Link #1683
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Minato let Homura choose whichever she prefered more.. Then the arc change and we still havent got any confirmation.

There's a sekirei calender pool in moe.imouto. Its basically the colored page from the previous chapters without the annoying text around them (apart from the date of course) .. There Karasuba and there's also Kagari (both are not alone tho..

Only Musubi got a solo appearance
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2009-02-15, 23:09   Link #1684
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Minato let Homura choose whichever she prefered more.. Then the arc change and we still havent got any confirmation.
Ugh thats what I thought, I remember Minato saying that to him, I just wanted to know if sense then what Mina-tan's been calling him, guess we wait...

Quote:
There's a sekirei calender pool in moe.imouto. Its basically the colored page from the previous chapters without the annoying text around them (apart from the date of course) .. There Karasuba and there's also Kagari (both are not alone tho..
SAUCE??? 8D
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2009-02-15, 23:16   Link #1685
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

The internet, googling skills required
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2009-02-16, 01:11   Link #1686
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
ah duh I forgot about that. But even though she does call him Minato's wife, she uses "him" and again so does Minato. Im behind in the scans but Im assuming Minato still refers to Kagari as him/he (someone correct me if Im wrong or it hasnt been mentioned) but if/when Mina-tan calls him a you know what then Ill cave...til then, he's a guy!
Wouldn't that be because of the way it's translated?

Pronouns like "he" and "she" are sometimes omitted, and the subject can be known through context in Japanese. I don't know... you probably have to check the original Japanese for that.

Even if Homura does become a girl I doubt that everybody would suddenly refer to him as a "he" simply because it's kind of sudden or awkward at first. Moreover, Homura reveals to Minato that as ashikabi, he can determine that way he is—even going as far as saying that Minato can make him similar to that of an animal if he so chooses. When Minato told him to stay as he chooses to be, I regard it as a more holistic statement... meaning, it's more than just his actual sex but also the way he thinks and his personality.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-16, 01:13   Link #1687
Ultenth

Homura is a Futa!!

:O
Ultenth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-16, 01:14   Link #1688
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

NOOOOO!!!

Anything BUT futa D:
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2009-02-16, 01:28   Link #1689
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
Wouldn't that be because of the way it's translated?

Pronouns like "he" and "she" are sometimes omitted, and the subject can be known through context in Japanese. I don't know... you probably have to check the original Japanese for that.

Even if Homura does become a girl I doubt that everybody would suddenly refer to him as a "he" simply because it's kind of sudden or awkward at first. Moreover, Homura reveals to Minato that as ashikabi, he can determine that way he is—even going as far as saying that Minato can make him similar to that of an animal if he so chooses. When Minato told him to stay as he chooses to be, I regard it as a more holistic statement... meaning, it's more than just his actual sex but also the way he thinks and his personality.
True fan translations can be 10-30% off but they try hard to not lose as much meaning as they can.
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-16, 01:30   Link #1690
ZippyDSM

Quote:
NOOOOO!!!

Anything BUT futa D:
But he is currently Futa.
Old 2009-02-16, 01:36   Link #1691
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippyDSM View Post
True fan translations can be 10-30% off but they try hard to not lose as much meaning as they can.
What I meant was, sometimes Japanese sentences do not utter the subject within a sentence.

In sentences such as those, sometimes translations would have to supply the subject in order to word it out properly in English.

The meaning is still the same, but the actual translation (even a direct and literal one) has to take into account actual differences between two ways of sentence construction.

Last edited by kujoe; 2009-02-16 at 01:48.
Old 2009-02-16, 01:42   Link #1692
ZippyDSM

Quote:
What I meant is, sometimes Japanese sentences do not utter the subject within a sentence.

In sentences such as those, sometimes translations would have to supply the subject in order to word it out properly in English.

The meaning is still the same, but the actual translation (even a direct and literal one) has to take into account actual differences between two ways of sentence construction.
Well a literal one needs to take into account known information of the scene/characters and placed into proper grammar. But yes I do understand that some of it can be very vague to specifics but even so each translator is a bit different and you can have mixed results in the translation that try to polish out the vagueness.

/incoherent intellectual
Old 2009-02-16, 01:48   Link #1693
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
But yes I do understand that some of it can be very vague to specifics but even so each translator is a bit different and you can have mixed results in the translation that try to polish out the vagueness.
And that's what I meant, really. I was just wondering how much the actual translation process plays into such lines. The translations still have to be written in English, and so translated meaning has to be transcribed in a different way of speech.

For one thing, I doubt the translator will be literally typing out "he/she" and would most likely pick "he," even if it's just temporary, just to be on the safe side.
Old 2009-02-16, 01:59   Link #1694
ZippyDSM

Quote:
And that's what I meant, really. I was just wondering how much the actual translation process plays into such lines. The translations still have to be written in English, and so translated meaning has to be transcribed in a different way of speech.

For one thing, I doubt the translator will be literally typing out "he/she" and would most likely pick "he," even if it's just temporary, just to be on the safe side.
As I said "Well a literal one needs to take into account known information of the scene/characters and placed into proper grammar."

Meaning the translation will be based on their best information of whats going on.

So when we have Homura its "he/him" from the vague terms used, now from what I can remember of the anime there are a few vague words used for Minato coming from the girls witch was translated in a few ways.

Gaa its late and I am rambling..more than normal...LOL
Old 2009-02-16, 02:08   Link #1695
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
As I said "Well a literal one needs to take into account known information of the scene/characters and placed into proper grammar."

Meaning the translation will be based on their best information of whats going on.
...Hence the context of said text, and how the translator deals with it based on what is known and understood about the whole story and what's actually being said. But it doesn't stop there, which is what I'm saying. One still has to put that into sensible, correct English.

The fact is, we don't really know what's up (or down...) with Homura and with that said, I think using "he" is still pretty apt for him... at the very least, in the meantime, even if he becomes a woman. You can't really tell unless the author flat out reveals the truth. And so, every reader and English translator has to work with the given.

We're essentially saying the same thing, Zippy.

Last edited by kujoe; 2009-02-16 at 03:12.
Old 2009-02-16, 02:38   Link #1696
zibi88

At least Homura can tease Tsukiumi by telling that Minato was the first man that touched his breasts ^^ and if we know how Tsukiumi is she will freak out.... I wonder how Kazehana or Musubi would act there ^^

Anyway few days till a chapter gets released in japan...
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-16, 03:02   Link #1697
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
At least Homura can tease Tsukiumi by telling that Minato was the first man that touched his breasts ^^ and if we know how Tsukiumi is she will freak out.... I wonder how Kazehana or Musubi would act there ^^
Tsukiumi's reaction..
-> ->

Yukari's

Kazehana's

Matsu's

Musubi's (She dont understand what's going on)
->
And lastly, Minato's himself
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2009-02-16, 03:12   Link #1698
kujoe
from head to heel

You just won this thread, KiNA.

Well played, sir.

But you forgot Miya!
Old 2009-02-16, 03:18   Link #1699
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

I dont have appropriate Miya's gif .. lost her Hanya expression gif.. nor do I made any Kuuchan av
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2009-02-16, 12:04   Link #1700
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Ah ok Ive seen most of those, yeah finding Karasuba-sama or Kagari by themselves in color is nearly impossible.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing

Tags
action, harem, seinen, sekirei