AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

View Poll Results: Darker Than Black - Episode 08 Rating
Perfect 10 15 17.65%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 25 29.41%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 27 31.76%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 17.65%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.18%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 2.35%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-11-27, 06:46   Link #21
tieria.erde
T-chan fan

YESS! Tanya the crap cockroach woman is smoked!

not really happy to see kiko and gai returning next episode.
Old 2009-11-27, 09:47   Link #22
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I felt sorry for Tanya. Not so much when she was shot, but before. She still had little bits of her former feelings, but the contractor side of her covered them up too much.

It was even sad that one of the only things she could remember was her almost-subconscious jealousy of Suou. Suou had been closer to Nika, but Nika fell in love with Tanya -- and still Tanya felt jealous of how close to him Suou had been before. Like in the scene where Nika and Suou were competing to hold their breath underwater.

I was realizing that I feel toward Gai and Kiko the way other people feel toward the transformation scene, lol. I'll try to enjoy them when they show up.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2009-11-27 at 13:34.
Old 2009-11-27, 15:11   Link #23
Hedd
Random Object

Quote:
Originally Posted by hei View Post
Hei devoured food again, but his ability is yet to come back. Does this mean that 'eating a lot' is not his remuneration but just his habit? Then, his remuneration is not known yet?
He never had one. It's been shown on multiple occasions that Hei is a deviation from the normal contractor from the very beginning. They've mentioned he ate like that before Heaven's Gate and he's had a habit of acting out of passion instead of reasoning. I must say though it got my adrenaline up when they brought Hei's 5 course meal out even if a lot didn't actually happen, now we just need his passion sparked again. Is this really suppose to be only 12 eps? There's a lot of subtle for something that's suppose to be so short.
Old 2009-11-27, 15:44   Link #24
Aqua Knight

Shouldn't Tanya's body go down to the bottom? I feel a bit sorry for her, but I'm pleased we won't have to deal with the bugs anymore. They were too disgusting.
Old 2009-11-27, 16:18   Link #25
RedWing

Tanya's death was suprising even though I should've seen it coming.
Old 2009-11-27, 16:27   Link #26
Kenn
Stomp

Spoiler for :

Did Suou get mad at Hei for not believing that she didn't shoot? @_@ Not getting that part. But the idiot detectives are back, so it's all good. xD

http://k625.blogspot.com/ - Kenn's blog of random everythings
Old 2009-11-27, 16:43   Link #27
Haladflire65
*Artist

I'm just really excited to see cleaned-up Hei in the next episode... I was really happy to see him eat like that again

Other than that, average episode...
Old 2009-11-27, 17:22   Link #28
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Another boring and mediocre episode. Tanya's death was emotionally drab as even suou didn't seem to care as a second later, She started contemplating on her own failings.

And Shion being the one to eliminate her was random and contrived, Was he passing by chance or did he use telepathy to find his twin was in trouble? The only real reason shion was the one who killed her was the writers couldn't think of anyone else to do the deed, Plain and simple. This reeks of lazy writing to me.

As always the writers are saving all the major plot revelations for the final episodes, Were just being given these small scraps for now to go through before we get to the main dish. The future predicting contractor does sound interesting.

On the positive side was Hei having his hearty fill at the table. He really knows how to take advantage of the free food being offered.

The best part, though of course was the episode preview! My personal favorite dumbo duo from season 1 are returning back from their long absence, Their inclusion guarantees laughs and a lot of nostalgia. Something this show has needed ever since it aired.
Old 2009-11-27, 17:29   Link #29
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
And Shion being the one to eliminate her was random and contrived, Was he passing by chance or did he use telepathy to find his twin was in trouble? The only real reason shion was the one who killed her was the writers couldn't think of anyone else to do the deed, Plain and simple. This reeks of lazy writing to me.
Why is it a bad/lazy thing that Shion was the one to kill Tannya? How isn't that possible or whatnot? I really can't see this as anything more than being overly and hurriedly critical.
Old 2009-11-27, 17:33   Link #30
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Woah, I almost didn't recognize Misaki in the beginning, she's on a whole different level of attractiveness without her glasses on and especially in her swimsuit attire. I wonder what kind of message and voice she heard, could it be Yin's? The Syndicate seems to be still alive and well, i.e. bad news for Hei, probably.

I'm glad we've finally got rid of Tanya, I never really liked her ability in the first place and it creeped me out since I hate cockroaches with passion. It was kinda funny how Suou tried to explain to Hei that she didn't shoot Tanya but he didn't believe her and instead kept on lecturing her about life and death. Now about Shion, looks like he either can exhibit similar abilities like Suou or it's a case similar to that of Hei and his sister, somehow. I'm sure it's not a coincidence where they happen to buy a rifle identical to Suou's.

Hei seems to be killing more humans lately, I don't think he killed any humans as far as I remember in S1 except the brief flashbacks we get of him as the "Black Reaper" and other contractors.

I'm also not really happy about the preview, I don't really like Gai nor Kiko because they're barely there for comic relief and don't really add anything to the plot. If they will really play some kind of part in the story, then their survival rate would be close to zero. It doesn't really seem like a filler episode though.
Old 2009-11-27, 17:40   Link #31
Haladflire65
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
Woah, I almost didn't recognize Misaki in the beginning, she's on a whole different level of attractiveness without her glasses on and especially in her swimsuit attire. I wonder what kind of message and voice she heard, could it be Yin's? The Syndicate seems to be still alive and well, i.e. bad news for Hei, probably.
O.O I must've been more tired than usual on this Friday evening because I completely missed Misaki there... I'm an idiot
Old 2009-11-27, 17:43   Link #32
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Why is it a bad/lazy thing that Shion was the one to kill Tannya? How isn't that possible or whatnot? I really can't see this as anything more than being overly and hurriedly critical.
It was certainly possible, But him showing up at the exact location, time and knowing that suou was in danger are all pointing to the fact that the writer couldn't think of any other character to kill her off, Since suou is meant to remain pure and making Hei kill her would seem inconsistent since he had a chance to do so back in episode 3 but didn't capitalize.

Unless shion has some sort of tracking device on suou, I'll take it as an example of shoddy and poor writing.
Old 2009-11-27, 17:46   Link #33
Haladflire65
*Artist

Quote:
It was certainly possible, But him showing up at the exact location, time and knowing that suou was in danger are all pointing to the fact that the writer couldn't think of any other character to kill her off, Since suou is meant to remain pure and making Hei kill her would seem inconsistent since he had a chance to do so back in episode 3 but didn't capitalize.

Unless shion has some sort of tracking device on suou, I'll take it as an example of shoddy and poor writing.
Well, twins in general can have weird connections... Suou and Shion aren't ordinary twins, either. It's not impossible that Shion knows that Suou was in danger. Although I have to agree that I did find it rather random...
Old 2009-11-27, 17:57   Link #34
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:

It would have been perfectly fine for Hei to have killed her off; how would it have been inconsistent? Hei tried to kill her before, but couldn't because he lost his powers, then the only reason he didn't kill her after that was because she was lying unconscious and Suou was crying. Here, he would have been killing her in defense of Suou, and I don't see him having a problem with defending someone.

And again, I'd have to call that being overly and hurriedly critical. Why can't Shion have a tracking device on Suou? You always keep track of things you care about, and the fact that Shion saved Suou at all means that she's important to him, whether it be because of her being his blood-sibling, or just part of his plans. And of course, in DtB they have other ways of tracking people such as surveilance specters. And we certainly can't rule out psychic connections. Remember that Shion was speaking to Suou in her mind back in episode 1, instructing her what to do. Plus, last episode, Shion was talking to his father about "if you're hunting, you have to hurry and prepare an ambush."
Old 2009-11-27, 18:22   Link #35
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

Next episode will be epic...

Hei will have shaved. Who is that he's saving? It looks a little like that woman that used to work for Kirihara from the OVA.
Old 2009-11-27, 18:23   Link #36
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Not a bad episode.

Spoiler for hmmm:
Old 2009-11-27, 18:33   Link #37
KrimzonStriker

I think what I liked the most about this episode was the philosophical discussions on what it means to be a contractor and what it means to be human, just before Hei let out a can of whooping, which was my second favorite part. But I digress, things are certainly getting interesting now that Suou and Hei have split up. Also, I totally did not know that was Misaki in the beginning... damn she looks fiiiinnnneeee Also, if anyone was still wondering I guess Genma is gay as well, not only that but he seems to have donned the robes of the Catholic priest when we weren't looking <_<
Old 2009-11-27, 18:50   Link #38
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

If you think about it, there's only four episodes left, so around about now is a good time to end Tanya's little story in the series. It is a shame, because if this show was 24/26 episodes, then she would have been fleshed out a bit more.

I did like the whole "you won't find a Russian who doesn't like the sun", and how it played a role in this episode, along with the pool flashback, and it being the final place to end Tanya's character. Little things like that remind me of the first season.
Old 2009-11-27, 18:52   Link #39
hei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedd View Post
He never had one. It's been shown on multiple occasions that Hei is a deviation from the normal contractor from the very beginning. They've mentioned he ate like that before Heaven's Gate and he's had a habit of acting out of passion instead of reasoning. I must say though it got my adrenaline up when they brought Hei's 5 course meal out even if a lot didn't actually happen, now we just need his passion sparked again. Is this really suppose to be only 12 eps? There's a lot of subtle for something that's suppose to be so short.
If my memory is correct, I read somewhere that the director said hei certainly has a remuneration. As I cannot find the source now (also I am not very confident about my memory ) I would not be insistent on this, but I will keep this open. Anyway, we can say safely that "eating a lot" is very unlikely to be Hei's remuneration. BTW, considering the pace of S2, it wouldn't surprise me if they announce DTB S3 soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
Good to see Hei back, eating again. His transformation throughout the series is slow and subtle, which is a lot more different than the usual anime character transformations where they suffer through a life-changing event. Hei on the other hand is just dealing with life, and slowly recovering just like normal people.
I am not against the pace of Hei's recovery. But what makes me wonder is the consistency of Hei's character. Before S1, Hei had gone through similar (or more serious) suffering: he lost his sister, was betrayed by his lover, and his comrades were all gone. Despite of those painful events, he looked rather OK in his early 20s (S1). Now he is supposed to be more experienced and mature (S2), but the very same person becomes a hobo this time? Unless proper explanations were given, it does not look very consistent for me.

Last edited by hei; 2009-11-27 at 19:07.
Old 2009-11-27, 18:59   Link #40
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

That was annoying...the fact that they killed off Tanya just as you got to like her a little bit more...*sigh*

And if they're going to pull off something like that, they should've at least let the audience be a little more attached to her first before pulling the trigger, then again this series is short...but still, just not as effective.
Closed Thread