AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

Notices

View Poll Results: KgNE dubbed in the States?
Yes! Please, but with good dubs! 10 33.33%
Hell no! Don't even try! 20 66.67%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2003-11-05, 23:28   Link #1
4n1m3
Custom made avatar. ^^

Talking KgNE dubbed in the States?

LOL!
I bet the States (America) would just screw this anime over.
Let's just hope they don't license it before we get to see the last episode.

Well if they ever DO license it and actually make a really good dub for it, then I would be happy to watch it again. But I don't think they would put it on morning T.V. because kids might see the "Takayuki and Haruka in bed together" scene, and then asking their parents what they are doing. :P It would be best if they put it in night time T.V. Also if this were to happen... TELL YOUR FRIENDS! :P Or they'll be missin' out and you should probably make your parents watch it too ^^.
Old 2003-11-05, 23:31   Link #2
straw
(9 '')9 yami yami (9 '')9

Send a message via ICQ to straw
i really hope it don't get license till i got all episodes, i think i would really bite me or something ...
it's hard to see in germany good dubbed anime's and they never would show such a cute anime here

so i'm just praying that you'll lose your bet
Old 2003-11-05, 23:50   Link #3
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4n1m3
LOL!
I bet the States (America) would just screw this anime over.
Let's just hope they don't license it before we get to see the last episode.

Well if they ever DO license it and actually make a really good dub for it, then I would be happy to watch it again. But I don't think they would put it on morning T.V. because kids might see the "Takayuki and Haruka in bed together" scene, and then asking their parents what they are doing. :P It would be best if they put it in night time T.V. Also if this were to happen... TELL YOUR FRIENDS! :P Or they'll be missin' out and you should probably make your parents watch it too ^^.
No need to worry my European friend (assuming from the way you referred America - States and you can always tell me I am wrong) for this sort of Anime are not fit for the American TV as you have already summed up the causes...I will be happy as long as it stays unlicensed till the completion of the series...
Old 2003-11-06, 00:01   Link #4
Nazgul8

Send a message via ICQ to Nazgul8
I voted yes, but only because if it's dubbed then that means it gets licensed here.
Personally I only watch anime subbed. This is one show I would plan on getting on DVD if it became available.
Old 2003-11-06, 00:22   Link #5
brightman
Ancient Member

Like I said before, so far it seems the American licensees aren't interested in bishoujo game-converted anime, since none of them (I think) have been licensed yet. So even if this one does get licensed it might take a while...
Old 2003-11-06, 00:38   Link #6
Sour-Do

Send a message via ICQ to Sour-Do Send a message via AIM to Sour-Do Send a message via MSN to Sour-Do Send a message via Yahoo to Sour-Do
Talking

As long as any U.S.-licensed DVD still has the Japanese audio track, I don't care if they dub it or not. I always give the English track a try, but ignore it immediately if it sucks.

-- Sour-Do
AnimeMuyou!

Last edited by Sour-Do; 2003-11-06 at 17:32.
Old 2003-11-06, 00:44   Link #7
SKoRPioN9x
Om nom nom

I don't care about the dubs, but I do hope it gets licensed here. It's a really good series. I'd definitely buy it if it got licensed... I just hope I get to see the whole series on fansub before it's licensed. That would REALLLLLLLY suck to have to wait like a year just to see the last episode or something... It's already killing me just to wait one week to see the next episode.
Old 2003-11-06, 01:27   Link #8
KendoFoxx

Send a message via AIM to KendoFoxx Send a message via MSN to KendoFoxx Send a message via Yahoo to KendoFoxx
I'd love to get this series if it ever gets licensed though hopefull that won't happen before it gets fully fansubbed. I have no problem with dubbing just as long as voice actors know how to do proper voice inflections. I've noticed the best dubs are those which don't try to transalate every single bit of script.
Old 2003-11-06, 07:42   Link #9
Tboz

Actually I never like dubs, they usually don't do enuff justice to the original voice acting. This series is also pretty short, so let's hope for the best. Don't want it to end up like Ikkitousen.

Btw, though most seiyuus are not any teenage girls, don't you all think the way japanese girls talk are just so cute?
Old 2003-11-06, 08:36   Link #10
Wolfwood2970

i dont think they should licence it... obviously it will be a big hit and such but the dubs man

after watching love hina on dubs i was fustrated at the fact that one of the characters (the one who gets drunk all the time) has a SOUTHERN ACCENT

anyways more over i DONT want it to get licenced for I want to watch the rest and i love the series
Old 2003-11-06, 10:12   Link #11
KendoFoxx

Send a message via AIM to KendoFoxx Send a message via MSN to KendoFoxx Send a message via Yahoo to KendoFoxx
They give certain characters in anime southern accents because they speak with the Kansai dialect. This is grating to most peoples ears because most don't consider the south to be intelligent. But I digress from the subject and I don't think anyone speaks with the Kansai dialect in KgNE so even if the show is licensed were safe. Though I haven't really been listening for it.
Old 2003-11-06, 11:24   Link #12
4n1m3
Custom made avatar. ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
Like I said before, so far it seems the American licensees aren't interested in bishoujo game-converted anime, since none of them (I think) have been licensed yet. So even if this one does get licensed it might take a while...
They've licensed a bunch of bishoujou already. Just doesn't air on T.V. ^^

Animenfo should have a list of licensed bishoujou.
Old 2003-11-06, 12:13   Link #13
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

i hope it gets licensed, the DVD covers would look great
oh and one thing...
99% of anime DVDs (and since KGNE would be licensed by a company that would do this anyway i.e. Pioneer(whatever it's called now), it's in the upper 99%) have dual language tracks and subtitles. you DON'T have to watch the dub!
Old 2003-11-06, 12:14   Link #14
Mentar
Banned

I know for a fact that I would buy both the game and the series on DVD right away once it comes out, as long as it contains english translations.

The idea of dubbing KimiNozo ... anything can be done, but did you realize yet how incredibly awesome the Japanese Seiyuus really are? Dramatic/sad parts are very difficult to pull off believably, especially when "normal" speech must gradually morph into tears in the same sequence ... so incredibly well-done. But not only this, I remember Akane teasing the heck out of Takayuki in episode 2 ... dubbing this without quality loss into English may be night impossible. I wouldn't care though, I want to buy this on DVD. Just as the game.

So finish this and then announce rapid releases on R1 DVDs please, the day after the conclusion
Old 2003-11-06, 19:00   Link #15
Koshiba

Send a message via AIM to Koshiba Send a message via MSN to Koshiba
I *hope* they license it. And just because a company dubs an anime doesn't mean they edit it. The only anime that get edited are the ones on TV and usually they'll release an unedited version too. Unless of course it's something that 4kids licenses. But anyways, I'd like to see Chris Patton Play Takayuki. xD <3 This is a good drama series that could be shown to friends and most people that aren't into anime prefer to watch the stuff dubbed.
Old 2003-11-06, 21:20   Link #16
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4n1m3
They've licensed a bunch of bishoujou already. Just doesn't air on T.V. ^^

Animenfo should have a list of licensed bishoujou.
Really? Maybe be I should clarify then... I was referring to non-hentai anime that are based on bishoujo games (if you were talking about hentai anime I already know about dozens of them)... As far as I know there aren't any (or maybe there is one or two that I don't know about)
Old 2003-11-06, 21:45   Link #17
ZGMF-10A

no don't dubb it for the americans!!!!!!! not before the canadian get it :P
Old 2003-11-07, 12:09   Link #18
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

Canada smells funny though!
Old 2003-11-07, 13:54   Link #19
Durandal
Insane AI

Send a message via AIM to Durandal
I don't think this would ever be shown on American T.V. , but it probably will be licensed and go straight to DVD. Since the series is so short 14 eps. I bet it will be finished long before it's licensed.
Old 2003-11-07, 14:54   Link #20
lordwu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durandal
I don't think this would ever be shown on American T.V. , but it probably will be licensed and go straight to DVD. Since the series is so short 14 eps. I bet it will be finished long before it's licensed.
If it gets licensed at all. Non of these bishoujo shows have been licensed so far. Probably with the exception of Sister Princess. However, SP probably will serve as a experiment case to test the water. If it sells well, we probably will have a chance to see good bishoujo shows like Kanon, KgNE, To Heart coming to R1.
Closed Thread