AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-09-25, 11:33   Link #9321
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by halibonga View Post
felt like this whole series was a failed desperate attempt to copy Gurren Lagann.
you talk like fart

please don't do that again

Gurren Lagann is a failed desperate attempt to copy Dragon Ball, if you want to know
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 15:07   Link #9322
Avvesione

Quote:
Originally Posted by halibonga View Post
felt like this whole series was a failed desperate attempt to copy Gurren Lagann.
Try checking out the manga, especially Chapters 50+. I'd like to see what you think once you catch up through the entire manga.
Old 2012-09-25, 16:26   Link #9323
Homura7

Don't lose your precious time with a ignorant, Avvesione.

In other words, the arc has reached 16 chapters. That's exactly the amount invested for the previous one (Eve's Story).

How long do you think the arc, which is without any doubt the last one before the time skip, will last? IMO and since we are pretty much at the very climax, I say one more volume. In the following order:

-the first one centered around the big guy (Gido of course, I have 0 doubt is him).
-the conclusion of the great showdown in 3 more chapters
-the other 4 for the escape and the epilogue. During the final chapter before the second part Adam N. will be born.

Also, in before Kafka lends a hand in breaking through when he sees Yamada.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 21:44   Link #9324
Avvesione

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurusu-Shirudo View Post
How long do you think the arc, which is without any doubt the last one before the time skip, will last? IMO and since we are pretty much at the very climax, I say one more volume. In the following order:

-the first one centered around the big guy (Gido of course, I have 0 doubt is him).
-the conclusion of the great showdown in 3 more chapters
-the other 4 for the escape and the epilogue. During the final chapter before the second part Adam N. will be born.

Also, in before Kafka lends a hand in breaking through when he sees Yamada.
I'm thinking about the same as you, although I'm thinking it might end around his 10 year anniversary for Needless which will be roughly a year from now. That'd be about 2 more volumes to put Needless at 17 and 119 (I'm thinking 120) chapters total.

Quote:
What I wonder is if whether a fragment a needless develops is determined by the desires of said person.

Because if the big guy is indeed Gido, then he gained a fragment that allowed him go back to his young self. In fact, how many times we have seen him making claims against his age, such as when during the A.P. flashback he made a comment about his hairline and worrying he might go bald.

And now he's young again, and boosted up by the Eden Seed.

Likewise, Cruz always had a desire to protect those who are important around him.

And way back during the battle at Iron Mountain, Setsuna said to Eve:

Spoiler for spoiler:

With the exception of the manmade fragments (Zero & Doppelganger), it's apparent that the human brain of a needless crafts the fragment based on the person's longings.

And in Gido's case, his is being afraid of growing old!

Just some random thoughts of mine I thought you would find interesting, so I throw them here so we can discuss
I like that idea, especially since we saw that as recently as Eve's character earning Doppelganger. She always wanted that Fragment so that she could be together with Blade and fight alongside him. She also says she felt like she's always had this power, too, which fits in with what Disk was saying with Cruz in Chapter 101. Wonder if that's the same for Kana out at the Black Market, too. That'd be quite the catch if it turns out to be true.
Old 2012-09-27, 15:15   Link #9325
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avvesione View Post
Good catch you two. One thing I'd like to add though

Spoiler:
Spoiler for Spoiler:

Quote:
Spoiler for spoiler:

But man, who else here wishes it was October already? I can't wait.
Spoiler for Spoiler:

Also, yes! October, hurry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiammes View Post
Spoiler for holy shit:
I'm thinking the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSkiper View Post
Spoiler:

Why I don't have a time traveling fragment?
This goes along with what I said earlier that the explanation of Cruz's fragment is very vague. Other needless doing the same thing can be said to have it. Shield of Aegis is the ability to block attacks from the direction he hold his hand. Notice in chapter 102 when they are fighting the Aruka clones and Testamenko-chans, Cruz was able to block the Agnishiwattas, but not the missles. Blade saved him from one and another one hit him on his left side. During the battle with Riru, he could even prevent pyschokinesis from affecting him, and saved Eve from her heart attack caused by it. From this, it seems Cruz's ability only affects fragments.

Quote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Spoiler for Spoiler:

Quote:
Spoiler for aaaa:
If we take that example with Setsuna, it is entirely possible their personalities and will affect which area of the brain is unlocked and fragment to awaken. If so, there may be fragments now that the Second Christ did not posses, such as Volos' snake hair or Kana's over technology.

I always was puzzled with Arclight's analogy with the jewel box for the Second Christ and his powers. It may be possible that the Second Christ possessed the twelve stigmata initially that with them everthing is possible, but we have seen a variety of other fragments. Some would appear impossible or pointless for him to have, such as Disk's scan, the ability to discern other fragments. There are even manmade fragments, such as zero and doppleganger. If Arclight truly wishes to reclaim every last lost jewel, the needless hunt could continue indefintely with new fragments being discovered.

Last edited by Kurohane; 2012-09-27 at 20:35.
Kurohane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 19:10   Link #9326
Xiammes

I don't think Disks scan is a fragment, she couldn't even identify Satan fragment. Also Zero really isn't a fragment either, it was man made for the Adam project.. Doppleganger is a fragment, Blade was able to transfer it to Eve.

Also I don't think its the case with the Second Chirst, I think he had all non man made fragments, the only manmade fragments so far in the series is Zero, Needless Mutilator from 1.5 and possible scan if you actually count that as a fragment.
Old 2012-09-27, 21:11   Link #9327
Kurohane

I don't know, in the Past arc, Gido said doppleganger was in the research phase when Arclight attacked the facility, though scan is most likely man-made.
Old 2012-09-28, 01:06   Link #9328
Xiammes

It was most likely to see what part of the brain is activated, scan is either a man made fragment or a bullshit made up fragment by Disk to convince Blade to join up with him. With the advanced technology she is able to access, everything she has done seems more like technology advancement, then having a fragment.

She likely has a large database of all fragments that she has observed, then when a new Needless comes along she matches them up with her database based on what powers they exhibit, that's why Satens fragment was able to elude her scan as she hasn't observed it before and it had a lot of functions so she couldn't identify it. Though anyone who took any kind physics should have had a general idea of Satens power was after he demonstrated it enough, the wind was a dead give away, so she has no excuse.
Old 2012-09-28, 15:50   Link #9329
Kurohane

Wow, I noticed you said something allong these lines before, and just as strongly. Do you dislike scan or something?
Old 2012-09-28, 19:58   Link #9330
Xiammes

I don't dislike Disk, she is one of my favorites, but calling scan a fragment annoys the hell out of me for some reason, I don't know why either when it shouldn't be that big of a deal.
Old 2012-09-28, 20:29   Link #9331
Kurohane

I understand, Scan doesn't seem like of much of fragment as it has come in handy only a few times. I didn't mean if you disliked Disk, but the scan ability itself. I'm glad she is one of your favorites. She's one of mine too.
Old 2012-09-28, 22:25   Link #9332
Xiammes

Scan itself wouldn't be a bad ability if it were a actual fragment, the ability to observe and get accurate data would be a invaluable fragment to anyone.
Old 2012-09-28, 22:33   Link #9333
Kurohane

Yeah, but that's why we have Cruz.
Old 2012-09-30, 02:02   Link #9334
Avvesione

Two new theories:

Spoiler:
Old 2012-09-30, 05:43   Link #9335
Xiammes

Spoiler:
Old 2012-09-30, 15:36   Link #9336
Kurohane

Quote:
Two new theories:

Spoiler:
Spoiler for shadow figure:
Old 2012-09-30, 18:31   Link #9337
Homura7

There's something I forgot to point out and changes completely my thoughts exposed before.

Spoiler for spoiler:
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 05:17   Link #9338
Avvesione

Quote:
Spoiler:
Well, what I like about this theory is that it connects some parts together concerning what we've seen from their abilities and what we know about the Adam Project. Of course, the theory will end up being wrong, but for now I like some aspects of it like the fragment being Doppelganger because of its relationship with the Adam Project (or it could be an improved version that doesn't require a constant course of calories to utilize).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
Kurusu offered up some points earlier about Gido's concerns about his aging when he originally posted the pics of Gido and Shadowy Giant next to each other.

Considering that the Adam Project has been going on for 17 years since the creations of Adam and Eve, it shouldn't be surprising to see that they've mastered the ability to inject Eden's Seeds into people and implant fragments into people either. That's exactly what they did with Arclight and Blade, they injected them with Eden's Seeds and gave both Zero and Doppelganger. I figure they may have mastered that ability in people now, too, especially with how powerful Ishiyama is and how he can use Blackout Invoke and defy gravity.

And that gets into the next point about people not having multiple fragments. It doesn't appear to be the case with manmade fragments like Zero and Doppelganger which Arclight and Blade were originally given. If it's possible to give someone either of these abilities, it shouldn't be unreasonable to think that someone can have a fragment along with Doppelganger. We've seen various Needlesses besides Blade and Arclight have similar attributes to having multiple fragments though never directly. Among the examples are Ishiyama with Blackout Invoke (known), standing upside down on the ceiling (???), perfectly evading Mio's onslaught (???) and blocking Seto's Gravitation (???). And before, after Blade finished battling Setsuna (Speed), Blade commented on how fast Saten was (which is strange because he just battled the fastest Needless, so he shouldn't be impressed unless he was as fast or faster than her). I'm not saying that the rule is broken but there are some loopholes considering that there are unnatural fragments out there, namely Zero and Doppelganger which multiple Needlesses simultaneously possess. If that's the case with Shield of Aegis, a manmade fragment developed by the Adam Project, then it is entirely possible.

(Also, that reminds me of something I forgot to add earlier regarding this theory... suppose Mengroze's procedure on Cruz had something to do with this. After all, he was in the Adam Project for a while and if there's some sort of connection between Aruka, Saten, and whatever, then that might be a point worth checking out).

I do like your thoughts on Riru having her own name and not appearing in the memories despite being an Eve herself. Kinda curious if we'll get to see her past soon, especially since it will answer a number of questions regarding Eve herself and the Adam and Eve Projects in general.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
Quote:
There's something I forgot to point out and changes completely my thoughts exposed before.

Spoiler for spoiler:
And for the shadowy figure being someone from Seto's past... how about Darts?
Spoiler:

Good call on that. He certainly fits the appearance, style of dress, relation to Seto's past, could be using that honorific to Saten ("Saten-kun") and, with that appearance, perhaps Doppelganger isn't at work after all. Could be something else entirely!
Old 2012-10-03, 17:27   Link #9339
Ynot

Spoiler for 105:
Ynot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 19:48   Link #9340
Avvesione

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ynot View Post
Spoiler for 105:
To add onto that

Spoiler:

Tags