AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Little Busters

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-10-05, 12:43   Link #1881
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by leokiko View Post
Can we watch it again?
No idea, i have a premium nico nico douga account. So i can watch this stream as much as i like for 1 week because i can timeshift it o_o
Old 2012-10-05, 12:50   Link #1882
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Honestly I consider that a terrible thing. LB is going to need some heavy cuts to fit into two cours... I can't even imagine how this is going to work if they want to adapt the entire game in 26 episodes and still please everyone.
To be clear, we don't know if they're intending to adapt the entire game into 26 episodes. All we know is that 26 episodes are planned in this round (and actually, there may be a bonus 27th on the Blu-Rays, but we'll see).

But in the end, I would say that no matter what they do, they won't please all game players as far as the story goes because some things some people will consider important will be cut no matter what no matter how many episodes they throw at it. All the previous Key adaptations had the same issue -- you will find people who complain that certain things were cut or cut short in any case. I think this was inevitable no matter who was adapting it.
Old 2012-10-05, 13:01   Link #1883
Dizzyworld2

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
To be clear, we don't know if they're intending to adapt the entire game into 26 episodes. All we know is that 26 episodes are planned in this round (and actually, there may be a bonus 27th on the Blu-Rays, but we'll see).

But in the end, I would say that no matter what they do, they won't please all game players as far as the story goes because some things some people will consider important will be cut no matter what no matter how many episodes they throw at it. All the previous Key adaptations had the same issue -- you will find people who complain that certain things were cut or cut short in any case. I think this was inevitable no matter who was adapting it.
I agree with this. Epecially Clannad, animated by Kyoani, had several routes (Akio, Sanae, Kappei, and Kyou and Tomoyo's routes (although the latter two had to be cut for obvious reasons)) cut out.

--
And the preview. Amazing. Especially what they did in the 1st ~20 seconds in the preview. I cried during the flashback of the Little Busters! when they were kids. However, I need to get used to Riki's voice.

Also, is it just me or does Tamiyasu (Rin's CV) sound a bit like Kugimiya (Queen of Tsunderes)? Rin just doesn't sound the same as the vn in my opinion.
Old 2012-10-05, 13:03   Link #1884
leokiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
No idea, i have a premium nico nico douga account. So i can watch this stream as much as i like for 1 week because i can timeshift it o_o
Noticed that. But that's cool since I found an youtube video with the preview.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKey View Post
Just saw the preview. Introduction was fine and all, but... that low budget animation. So many still frames, ugh. It particularly showed in their bee incident flashback and Masato and Kengo fighting
^my exactly thoughts. Shitty animation, but great directing/writing at least. Masato and Kengo's fight, while badly animated, made me laugh.

Last edited by leokiko; 2012-10-05 at 13:29.
Old 2012-10-05, 13:34   Link #1885
leokiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakujitsu View Post
Heh, whoops Time to commit seppuku.
Fixed that for you
Old 2012-10-05, 14:32   Link #1886
Rengemaru
Mad Scientist

But I'm surprised about Riki's new CV. Horie Yui is my favorite CV by a big margin, but having her to take Tomoe Tamiya's role in Riki is kinda.... unsettling. We don't know whether she'll retain the same feel Tomoe gave us or not.

Let's just cross our fingers :x

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2012-10-05 at 14:50.
Old 2012-10-05, 15:26   Link #1887
Shinguji
Constantly Lurking

Just finished watching the preview. I also didn't like the still animation for the bee scene, and the animation for the fight was a bit awkward. But otherwise, I think JC's doing a pretty decent job. Nice to hear the original BGM, and I think I can get used to Horie Yui's voice as Riki. Not quite the same feel as Tomoe, but pretty similiar, IMO.
Old 2012-10-05, 15:31   Link #1888
Snuffle
likes cute things

I didn't see the live stream but it kinda makes me worried what people are saying here about the fight scene... Shana's fights were pretty good, how could JC screw up a fight scene when they're so used to it?
Old 2012-10-05, 15:34   Link #1889
Xaturas

Okie dokie so this one will be a pass for me. Didn't watch it, but looking at the scraps of info here and some posts, its just not worth the time.
Old 2012-10-05, 16:12   Link #1890
OPN

Animation was actually not bad. The only bad thing i saw about it was the flashback but i can forgive that. And the pacing seems perfectly acceptable.

Last edited by OPN; 2012-10-05 at 16:27.
Old 2012-10-05, 16:58   Link #1891
maximilianjenus
[E]

On the other hand I plan to watch this but leave the forum's topics alone, I already spotted people posting novel spoilers just to complain.
Old 2012-10-05, 17:01   Link #1892
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quick, let's all judge this before even giving it a chance. Why's it so hard to enjoy something for what it's worth anymore?

I for one have been purposefully filling in other new series I wasn't originally going to watch this week because I was excited for this. Just felt like a void I needed to fill or I'd think about it too much.
Old 2012-10-05, 17:09   Link #1893
Snuffle
likes cute things

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
Why's it so hard to enjoy something for what it's worth anymore?
Because there are people that believe this show is not getting the treatment that it deserves.
Old 2012-10-05, 17:11   Link #1894
leokiko

Quote:
Quick, let's all judge this before even giving it a chance. Why's it so hard to enjoy something for what it's worth anymore?
Well, I have enjoyed several anime with low-budget animation, it's not like 1 more will hurt. Like I said, the directing was great. People just need to forget about the previous adaptations done by KyoAni, they just need to settle for subpar animation. I mean, we should be happy another Key work is being adaptated.
Old 2012-10-05, 17:11   Link #1895
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffle View Post
Because there are people that believe this show is not getting the treatment that it deserves.
I'm afraid that while that gives them a viable reason to be concerned, it doesn't give them a reason to judge it from the get-go. I mean, do we even have the first episode out yet?
Old 2012-10-05, 17:17   Link #1896
Snuffle
likes cute things

Quote:
I'm afraid that while that gives them a viable reason to be concerned, it doesn't give them a reason to judge it from the get-go. I mean, do we even have the first episode out yet?
It was already mentioned that there are people in this thread that saw the live stream. And to put in generally, they have mixed feelings about it but at the same time pleased. That's the impression I'm getting at least.
Old 2012-10-05, 17:24   Link #1897
Dizzyworld2

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
On the other hand I plan to watch this but leave the forum's topics alone, I already spotted people posting novel spoilers just to complain.
We are having a discussion about the 10 minute preview of the first episode that was streamed on niconico today.

The only visual novel "spoiler" that was posted was hidden with the spoiler tag.

Quote:
Like I said, we're referring to the 10 minute preview, which is technically the first 10 minutes of the episode that is to be aired tomorrow.
Old 2012-10-05, 17:29   Link #1898
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
It was already mentioned that there are people in this thread that saw the live stream. And to put in generally, they have mixed feelings about it but at the same time pleased. That's the impression I'm getting at least.
Nah nah, mixed feelings is perfectly fine, I just don't want people judging the entirety of the series that's not even out yet over a 10 minute introduction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzyworld2 View Post
Like I said, we're referring to the 10 minute preview, which is technically the first 10 minutes of the episode that is to be aired tomorrow.
Like I said above, 10 minutes is not enough to judge a show and how well it'll fare. "Don't judge a book by its cover" comes to mind right now when I see just how much naysaying there's been since the series was even announced.

Nobody has to follow my "give it 6 episodes before judging" rule, but at least give it one or two, maybe three? I was quite hit and miss with some of my favourite series of all time until I followed my 6-episode rule, almost dropped 'em too back then.
Old 2012-10-05, 17:32   Link #1899
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
I didn't see the live stream but it kinda makes me worried what people are saying here about the fight scene... Shana's fights were pretty good, how could JC screw up a fight scene when they're so used to it?
Different people work on different shows, and different shows have different episode directors, storyboard artists, and different staff working on them. So it's not like every decision filters through a common pipeline (bottleneck) that determines how things will be drawn, and it's not like every episode director's decision will go through some sort of common manager's approval. J.C. Staff isn't a person, it's a very large and loose-knit collection of people (often contractors) who work together to produce a show. Two different shows done by the same company could very easily have almost 100% different staff working on it (in fact, each episode within the same show usually has different staff working on it except for a few common players, because that's the only way to produce a weekly show -- it takes way more than a week to animate an episode...).

I am supposing that, given that this isn't fundamentally an action show (though it has action components), they probably didn't contract with animators and artists whose speciality was animating fight scenes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzyworld2 View Post
The only visual novel "spoiler" that was posted was hidden with the spoiler tag.
Well, no spoilers that hint at future content are allowed, even behind a tag, per the Spoiler Policy. So I've cleaned up a few posts already.
Old 2012-10-05, 17:33   Link #1900
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
Huh? The only possible spoiler I see here was mine, it was hidden by a clear spoiler tag, and I wasn't complaining, I was praising them for putting that in.
So I really don't get what you're upset about. Anyway, it got deleted now, so you're safe
And yeah I realize it was actually my fault, didn't remember that no-spoiler-whatsoever policy, I'll be more careful from now on
Closed Thread

Tags
anime game, little busters