AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-11-06, 09:25   Link #6441
Eratas123

@ Meister - Will you post this on fanfic.net? It'd probably get some attention.

Side note - Look and act like she's six? The acting I can understand acting it but is there a reason she looks so young? I use forced hormone imbalance as an excuse.
Old 2011-11-06, 09:27   Link #6442
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Karon's a late bloomer. All the nutrients went to her brain, and even at 15 she hasn't outgrown acting cute.

Once I collect all the scenes of a chatper, it goes on FF.net.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Some RL-xp here, but the base doesn't have waters deep enough to dock an aircraft carrier. It has to weigh anchor offshore, but I can't tell you how far.
I know; a friend once explained it to me when I said that the RSN should get a carrier for lulz. The base is now, in 2015, much, much bigger so that it could accomodate a carrier. But as you can see, "if the tides get too low, they'd have to dry-dock the thing."

This was a wayang publicity stunt after all. The carrier is usually berthed in the deeper South China Naval Base.
Old 2011-11-06, 09:32   Link #6443
Eratas123

@ Meister - I guess she's just naturally young looking. Better than Irish, he'll look like he's just reached 14 by the time he's 19. Hopefully Karon's hormones will catch up to her.

Still wondering if you'll post this on fanfic.net.

EDIT: Nevermind, just re-read your post.
Old 2011-11-06, 09:38   Link #6444
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Karon's a late bloomer. All the nutrients went to her brain, and even at 15 she hasn't outgrown acting cute.
While Riselle gets bitten for smacking her head as she is behaving childishly.

Quote:
The base is now, in 2015, much, much bigger so that it could accomodate a carrier. But as you can see, "if the tides get too low, they'd have to dry-dock the thing."
Not to be a spoilsport with a little geography - the base cannot be expanded unless you want another Straits Conflict where this time, the ultranationalists will claim that Metropolis is trying to blockade off M'sia's trade route instead of religious extremists seizing the Sultanate and government, then the religious extremists coming back in to stoke the fire.

Sounds like a good plot device though for a little short story.

Quote:
This was a wayang publicity stunt after all. The carrier is usually berthed in the deeper South China Naval Base.
Unless it is a nuclear carrier. Then we have all sorts of stuff going on, and the base guards get armed to the teeth, etc.

Might as well use it as a chance to introduce the MEISTER's capability in case of attack, firing right through light shields of mobility/recon type IS-es, and wrecking havoc on swimming APCs with the HELIX rifle grenades.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-06, 10:43   Link #6445
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Not so fast Saintess. I did say I was going to sacrifice some realism for plot. In this case, the whole of asean, new zealand and australia have become unified as one bloc. Changi's expanzion bothered no one.

Right now, I just wanna focus on writing. And get nsed to typing my new phone's keyboard. This is harder than I thot.
Old 2011-11-06, 10:53   Link #6446
Eratas123

@ Meister - Is Tabane still crazy in your fic?
Old 2011-11-06, 13:27   Link #6447
Eratas123

@ Treme - Just noticed your story plan. I think it's a good idea as long as you can keep both of them unique. Sorry I couldn't answer sooner, I missed it earlier.
Old 2011-11-06, 14:44   Link #6448
falcolobo
The Third Runner

Just offering my 5 cents on relationships between people of different ages.

Between adults that are established, age generally isn't a hinderance for it is easy to meet and date.

However, teenagers are a bit more complicated. Right now my girl friend is 2 years younger than I. This is a problem for our differring classes (which are seperated by year) means that we barely meet in school. Also I'm about to graduate and shes still a sophomore. So its going to be harder to meet often. We've also drawn a lot of slack from our friends who arent comfortable with people who dating, but with an age gap larger than a year.

So those are probably some things that Ushio is thinking about before asking Dan.
Old 2011-11-06, 14:52   Link #6449
DarkJak2050

Fanfic Updated...

The Fusion Ch. 2
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-06, 17:41   Link #6450
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Not so fast Saintess. I did say I was going to sacrifice some realism for plot. In this case, the whole of asean, new zealand and australia have become unified as one bloc. Changi's expansion bothered no one.
O.C.U. plus New Zealand and minus Japan eh?

It's an evolution of Bangkok Economy Bloc after all.

Quote:
Right now, I just wanna focus on writing. And get nsed to typing my new phone's keyboard. This is harder than I thot.
*Looks at steam powered PC and sighed*

I'll try to get a scanner soon so I can post Metal Wolf's sketch.
Old 2011-11-06, 19:50   Link #6451
Eratas123

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post

Is the age gap thing really that big a deal in Japan? I'll have to edit Ushio and Dan's date ro include it if that's the case.
Old 2011-11-06, 20:12   Link #6452
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Meister - Is Tabane still crazy in your fic?
Nope, she's really really bright, her bubbly self is still a facade, she's still willing to do anything to further her cause, but her serious self is because of her 'regret' and 'sin' rather than some alutristic goal.

Though it eventually Shifts towards alutrism as Shooting St@r gains popularity.

Quote:

Actually, its the Human Reform League -China -Russia +OZ +NZ +Pacific Islands. Though yes it does resemble the OCU a lot. The SEA and Islands possess a large navy, while Myanmar carries most of the land's armor. Air assets are mostly shared. Gurkha mercenaries can be found in many places who can afford them, but they form the jungle-fighting elite. Given the tortuous terrain terribly common in SEA, aircraft, infantry and aircav, especially those launched from updated Landing Ship Tanks, are favored in the Foundation.

The Asean Foundation is most experienced in fighting terrorists, having battled them for most of their post-Founding years. This has helped them react to the Changi Incident, in which an unknown enemy launches a manned IS assault to destroy their flagship carrier, the Lim Bo Seng, and capture the Vandam Joaquim.

Quote:

Looking forward to it.
Old 2011-11-06, 20:22   Link #6453
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Is the age gap thing really that big a deal in Japan? I'll have to edit Ushio and Dan's date ro include it if that's the case.
Yep, it's very big deal, women's pride included (even though Ushio is nice, she's still women who has some pride after all)

But Power of love can overcome anything.

EDIT: Due to Dan's inherent height, Metal Wof DGS turned out to be taller than ShenLong without it's Ryuuhow.
Old 2011-11-06, 20:23   Link #6454
Eratas123

Quote:
Nope, she's really really bright, her bubbly self is still a facade, she's still willing to do anything to further her cause, but her serious self is because of her 'regret' and 'sin' rather than some alutristic goal.

Though it eventually Shifts towards alutrism as Shooting St@r gains popularity.

Actually, its the Human Reform League -China -Russia +OZ +NZ +Pacific Islands. Though yes it does resemble the OCU a lot. The SEA and Islands possess a large navy, while Myanmar carries most of the land's armor. Air assets are mostly shared. Gurkha mercenaries can be found in many places who can afford them, but they form the jungle-fighting elite. Given the tortuous terrain terribly common in SEA, aircraft, infantry and aircav, especially those launched from updated Landing Ship Tanks, are favored in the Foundation.

The Asean Foundation is most experienced in fighting terrorists, having battled them for most of their post-Founding years. This has helped them react to the Changi Incident, in which an unknown enemy launches a manned IS assault to destroy their flagship carrier, the Lim Bo Seng, and capture the Vandam Joaquim.

Looking forward to it.
So what did you include and not include in the new Vandam fic? The space stuff's obviously been canned been canned but what else? The "distortions" to Tabane's plan, the ISper concept, Karon's brother-sister relationship with Ichika, the main 5 idols etc etc. Are these things still included?

@ Zero - Does this apply even to younger couples? Irish and Tatenashi are 14 and 16 respectively (Though Irish looks younger than 14) and Laura and Kyuukai are 15 and 17 respectively (Laura also looks younger than her age).
Old 2011-11-06, 20:45   Link #6455
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Actually, there's no problem at all, it lies on the involved parties. Even in japan, reactions are varies, some girls prefer older guys, other girls find it squicky, though it was general consensus that having younger boyfriend is embarrassing, some girls & Women do just that and didn't care.

IF Tatenashi ended up with Irish, I don't think she has ANY problem at all, considering her usual self.

There'll be problem with her families though, but she'll sole it anyway.

Also, Eratas, refrain from making a double post, some guys are asshole enough to report it as infraction. Just edit the previous post with a sign like

EDIT: Say something here
Old 2011-11-06, 20:50   Link #6456
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
So what did you include and not include in the new Vandam fic? The space stuff's obviously been canned been canned but what else? The "distortions" to Tabane's plan, the ISper concept, Karon's brother-sister relationship with Ichika, the main 5 idols etc etc. Are these things still included?
Distortions are now elements that cause the world to be even more warped than it should.

The ISper concept remains.

I'm thinking of how the relationship between Ichika and her is atm. Its not the concern in the fic I'm writing atm though.

The main idol model may change, again not the focus for the prequel.
Old 2011-11-06, 21:00   Link #6457
Eratas123

@ Zero - Tatenashi and Kyuukai won't get in trouble though? The age gap isn't that big but their LI's look younger than their given age, both of them can easily pass off as 13 while Kyuukai and Tatenashi look like they can pass for as much as 20. No problem with this?

@ Meister - What are the distortions now? Previously they were characters who got screwed over by Tabane's plan. Now what are they? Time rifts, renegade cores?

Also, looking forward to see how you'll explain the IS per concept.
Old 2011-11-06, 21:03   Link #6458
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

That will come in to light through the course of 26 chapters. No hurry to spoil.
Old 2011-11-06, 21:12   Link #6459
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Considering the striking difference of appearance between the two couples, there WILL be a problem, mostly misunderstanding. I don't think Tatenahsi looks 20 in universe cos nobody comments on it, Kyuukai however, was said look older than he is.

Technically though it's legal even if Kyuukai turned 18 at the time (Rain was wrong with that)

> Age of Consent: 13
> Legally marry: 18
> Alcohol & Tobacco (recognized as fully adult): 20

SO 18 isn't fully adult, yet.

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2011-11-06 at 21:27.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-06, 21:28   Link #6460
Eratas123

Quote:
Considering the striking difference of appearance between the two couples, there WILL be a problem. I don't think Tatenahsi looks 20 in universe cos nobody comments on it, Kyuukai however, was said look older than he is.

Technically though it's legal even if Kyuukai turned 18 at the time (Rain was wrong with that)

> Age of Consent: 13
> Legally marry: 18
> Alcohol * Tobacco (recognized as fully adult): 20

SO 18 isn't fully adult, yet.
Tatenashi's family has high standards right? I can just imagine the meltdown.

Spoiler:

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest