AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-02-22, 01:51   Link #3561
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

She is cuteee! But too bad she had to be killed... Btw for the wedding dress picture was she and Kinji really married?
Old 2014-02-22, 01:58   Link #3562
tsunade666

Someone related to jeanne but I can't remember the details.
Old 2014-02-22, 04:53   Link #3563
ZeKeR
Superbad

@doom thanks brah.

that aside.... Shirayuki will not want another girl taking her yamato nadeshiko shtick... that aside....

in a sense... BUTEI PMC.

also... Kinji's the only level headed guy within his hare- I mean PMC to boot. from pacifying Aria to dealing with his half bro and half sis...
Old 2014-02-22, 11:39   Link #3564
tuckersister

Wasn't that Jeanne?
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-22, 12:12   Link #3565
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by edomaeexa View Post
Baka tsuki should stop being cowards, prove who's right and just continue translating this series as well as sword art online and accel world. No offense, but DMP's "official" release of volume 1 was 98 percent copy and pasted from baka tsuki's original translation and shows who's the true piracy hoarders, there's not even a credit to the original translator.

Accel world, sword art online, this series and any future English light novel releases will be doom to fail and flop big time. It's time for fan translators to stop retreating and finally go offensive, when they do, the end of English manga publishers is all but over.
Didn't buy the DMP release, so won't comment on it. But give a reason why Yen Press would screw SAO and AW up. FFS, their releases are much more stable and regular than your average LN project on a translation group, translation blog or BT.
Old 2014-02-22, 16:37   Link #3566
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by edomaeexa View Post
There is a clear boundary between piracy and translation. So long as no part of the original manuscript is uploaded, then fan translations are legal. Meaning you can post a translation up in a website with being criminally prosecuted so long as it is someone's work not from a licensed book. It's time that baka tsuki to realize this.
You don't know what you're talking about.

Quote:
Translations are a derivative work, and only the copyright owner can authorize a translation that will be distributed. This envisions a work that is translated into another language and distributed in the parts of the world where that language is spoken. Derivative works are infringing if they are not created with the permission of the copyright holder. Thus, a work of fiction or a best-selling biography cannot be translated into French and distributed without the original author or copyright holder’s permission. If the author authorizes a French translation, the author owns the copyright in the translation since it is a work for hire. According to the statute, for a work for hire, the employing party is the author. In fact, the translator’s name may not even be revealed in the work.

Quote:
After all, there isn't anymore praiseworthy than doing something that you are not being paid for.

P. S. Licensing is a key tactic used by manga publishers nowadays in order to gain profit and demoralize fan translations. I heard one group is working on a japanese to English translator software that can translate a Manga in a breeze while still accurate. If this is true, once it's release, it will really be the end of English manga publishers.
You make that sound like a good thing. I for one like to be able to give money to my favorite mangaka without having to import books that I can barely read.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-23, 09:30   Link #3567
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post

You make that sound like a good thing. I for one like to be able to give money to my favorite mangaka without having to import books that I can barely read.
It's a grey question actually, the one who determined that are the author, there are author who is fine with translation like Mamare, and there are those who don't like it, just keep in mind that the legal option make it easier, that's all since in Aria case, most of the money will go to the publisher rather than the author.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-23, 11:13   Link #3568
SinsI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
According to the statute, for a work for hire, the employing party is the author. In fact, the translator’s name may not even be revealed in the work.
No. It is considered to be a collaboration work between the original author and the translator - with both being co-authors. The *copyright* goes to the employing party, but translator has full unalienable non-property author's rights, including mandatory mention of his name, unless he himself desires to hide it in a separate agreement.
Furthermore, if you own a legal copy, you have the right to create a translation for yourself without original author's or any copyright holder's consent - you just don't have the right to distribute it.
This brings in an interesting question: if we make some translation software that was "trained" to perfectly translate that specific original work - it takes in raw original text (supplied by the final user of the software) and gives out a carbon copy of non-authorized human translator's work as a result. Would such a program be an infringement?

Coming back to the DMP, do we have any news on their planned release schedule? Was surprised that only one volume was out...

Last edited by SinsI; 2014-02-23 at 11:25.
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-23, 12:35   Link #3569
zerodragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
She is cuteee! But too bad she had to be killed... Btw for the wedding dress picture was she and Kinji really married?
i think that was a nightgown. man wish she wasn't killed, in just the looks alone, she out classed everyone in my opinion.
Old 2014-02-23, 23:34   Link #3570
Anicca
Lost Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
Wait, the new girl really did die? Deym. Can't wait for further clarifications. And what will be the change to Kinji about it? Can't wait.
Anicca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-25, 07:29   Link #3571
TsukiKagari
Lost Lamb

Hello guys , i'm new in this thread hope we can get along
i want to ask you some question
Spoiler for CMIIW:

Sorry if my grammar make your eyes hurt , i am still learning english
TsukiKagari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-25, 08:00   Link #3572
Maverick Entity
Simple Observer

A lot better than most people I encounter at university.

In regards to your questions, I can only make conjectures because I have not read the chapter. I figure that perhaps Jeanne had to go to France for something related to the war (or perhaps Kinji elected to go) and like in other volumes, Kinji ends up spending time with the girl on his team that is most prevalent for the volume. A hypothetical example would be if Kinji had to go to Reki's homeland, Reki would naturally be the best guide. In the case of volume 15, this is Jeanne's role.

As for Lisa, no idea, expect perhaps that she is possessed by the persona of Napoleon at times or she has witch blood like Jeanne but is prone to having it control her instead of simply having the powers of one. That, or the author decided Lisa needed to have some mythological monster traits from French literature.
Old 2014-02-25, 08:09   Link #3573
TsukiKagari
Lost Lamb

oh , thanks for the answer because i don't had any idea what i read last night
Old 2014-02-25, 08:25   Link #3574
majestix1988

actually their name change to DMG[Digital Manga Guild] http://www.digitalmangaguild.com/ and there are the one who gonna publish "Iris Zero" manga to english [ no issues on iris zero due NO C/D due someone from them go to simple scans irc then ask for advertise their work and their website with NO D/C]

i would guess we can ask this issue on DMG if they are open for those not yet released ones
for future translations due time issues for english translation/publishing ithen remove those ones have english version of dmg
Old 2014-03-01, 03:45   Link #3575
TsukiKagari
Lost Lamb

do some research and found out
Spoiler for lisa:

Last edited by TsukiKagari; 2014-03-01 at 11:16.
Old 2014-03-01, 22:19   Link #3576
Nihgthawk

So about the new girl from the latest volume, from what I understand so far the girl is related to Jeanne in some way and possibly killed, doubt it thou. Is that correct so far and is there any other information out there.

Today marks the six month point scene the first volume of Hiden no Aria was released by DMG and as far as I can tell there is still no release date for volume two yet. Hurray. *goes to cry in a corner*

About Baka-Tsuki picking Hidan no Aria up again as a translation project. The way is see it is one of two things need to happen.
1. DMG goes belly up and is dissolved as a company.
2. DMG chooses to no longer translate the Hidan no Aria LN and drops the licensing rights for the other volumes.

As far as I know DMG has lisenced volumes one and two of the LN and volumes 1-3 of the manga. So in the case of DMG dissolving, Hidan no Aria would end up like what happened to Shakugan no Shana and the pages could returned to BT with the exclusion of the volumes that had been licensed. The same would also happen if DMG drops its rights to release any future releases of Hiden no Aria.

However there is a third case in which DMG chooses to not release any more volumes of Hidan no Aria BUT could still reserve the rights to publish it in English. Meaning even if they no longer translate it if anyone else tried to they could still take legal action against them. In this case BT would need to get permission from DMG to put up any new translations for the series. Personally I do not see BT doing this because it would be a huge hassle because they would need to contact DMG and get permission for EVERY new update made on the series.

So if you want to see new translations of Hiden no Aria there are only a few options at this point. Pray that DMG either picks up its translation pace, drops the series entirely or gets dissolved as company. Another is for an entirely new person or group to start translating the series however this could lead to a problem for said group or persons as long as DMG still holds the licensing rights. The final option is also the "simplest" get the original copy of the novel and read it yourself. You know you just need to be able to read Japanese and how hard is that.
Spoiler for DMG vol one release:

Last edited by Nihgthawk; 2014-03-01 at 22:38.
Nihgthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-02, 08:38   Link #3577
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihgthawk View Post
So about the new girl from the latest volume, from what I understand so far the girl is related to Jeanne in some way and possibly killed, doubt it thou. Is that correct so far and is there any other information out there.

Today marks the six month point scene the first volume of Hiden no Aria was released by DMG and as far as I can tell there is still no release date for volume two yet. Hurray. *goes to cry in a corner*

About Baka-Tsuki picking Hidan no Aria up again as a translation project. The way is see it is one of two things need to happen.
1. DMG goes belly up and is dissolved as a company.
2. DMG chooses to no longer translate the Hidan no Aria LN and drops the licensing rights for the other volumes.

As far as I know DMG has lisenced volumes one and two of the LN and volumes 1-3 of the manga. So in the case of DMG dissolving, Hidan no Aria would end up like what happened to Shakugan no Shana and the pages could returned to BT with the exclusion of the volumes that had been licensed. The same would also happen if DMG drops its rights to release any future releases of Hiden no Aria.

However there is a third case in which DMG chooses to not release any more volumes of Hidan no Aria BUT could still reserve the rights to publish it in English. Meaning even if they no longer translate it if anyone else tried to they could still take legal action against them. In this case BT would need to get permission from DMG to put up any new translations for the series. Personally I do not see BT doing this because it would be a huge hassle because they would need to contact DMG and get permission for EVERY new update made on the series.

So if you want to see new translations of Hiden no Aria there are only a few options at this point. Pray that DMG either picks up its translation pace, drops the series entirely or gets dissolved as company. Another is for an entirely new person or group to start translating the series however this could lead to a problem for said group or persons as long as DMG still holds the licensing rights. The final option is also the "simplest" get the original copy of the novel and read it yourself. You know you just need to be able to read Japanese and how hard is that.
Spoiler for DMG vol one release:
I was super disappointed in the licensing. I was caught up to volume 9, was waiting for them to finish 11 to do the whole G3+G4 storyline all at once. THEN Licensing. Now I can't read it at all. I actually like this series a lot despite the fact a lot of people talk badly about it. (If anyone has download links to the BT translations so far I'd GREATLY APPRECIATE IT)

Which is why it also pains me to admit this series was dead in the water for AWHILE, with hardly any updates or painfully slow updates, with all the reputable translators not taking or showing much interest. So I think even if it does get put on Baka-Tsuki it might not ever catch up unless a super dedicated translator picks it up. Even then, What if no one that would bother uploading kept a saved copy of what was translated so far? That'd be sad too.

I really hope someone is secretly translating to release secretly as a downloadable file via file sharing, or to be caught up if the licensing fails (Which could take years. People sort of hold on to useless licenses til the expire entirely/)

Or hopefully DMG Starts to care and slowly but surely releases all the volumes.

As for your post about BT's translator and DMG's, What if both translations were just surprisingly very correct, and both decided to keep all the correct honorifics? Then they'd be mostly the same no matter what. It is a translation afterall. If 3 people translated this post to spanish, most likely the words would be the exact same all 3 times. So, it's in the realm of possibility that it's coincidence.
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-07, 07:04   Link #3578
tuckersister

When was the last volume released and when is the next one?
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-08, 07:33   Link #3579
TarkTheTrinigon

Volume 16 was released on Japan Christmas Day

I have no clue on the next one

Italian Translation finished volume 6

Once it reaches 11, you guys can count on me to translate and make a pdf
TarkTheTrinigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-08, 07:38   Link #3580
Vezon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarkTheTrinigon View Post
Volume 16 was released on Japan Christmas Day

I have no clue on the next one

Italian Translation finished volume 6

Once it reaches 11, you guys can count on me to translate and make a pdf
Are they actually translating from Japanese or Chinese to Italian? Or they just using an old English pdf to translate from?

Tags
action, detectives, guns, harem, lolis, mf bunko j, romance, shounen