Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-06-18, 04:05   Link #201
Ambience Blue
Fate/Stay Delight

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
I don't understand where you got the easygoing and irresponsible and lazy backwater part of the fleet commander. he's the one who ordered to lock Vess up (while Vess' superior actually tried to argue for her), and he's actually quite enthusiastic about fame and power, actively trying to get the spotlight, get quite worked up when Vess find the Aurora ship. He's the complete opposite to Vess' superior, who's basically the carefree type, maybe even the hermit type. the fleet commander is definitely the power hungry greedy type.
Ohhhh. Whoops, sorry dreamless. I got the fleet commander confused with Vess' captain. My bad. I never even gave a passing thought to the fleet commander, his character was as thick as a brown paper bag, he was awfully stock. I agree with your point, though I didn't delve so deeply into it. I doubt we'll ever see him again, even. Ignore the last post, I was referring to Captain Dolittle, lol. Sorry about the confusion
Ambience Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-19, 22:22   Link #202
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Episode 11 wasn't anything special, but I'm looking forward to 12.

Actually, what I'm really looking forward to is a catfight between Vess and Enora.
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-20, 04:37   Link #203
Ambience Blue
Fate/Stay Delight

For a series that takes place on a water-covered planet, none of the characters (especially the female characters ) ever go swimming. I could use to see more of that happening.
Old 2004-06-20, 04:43   Link #204
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambience Blue
For a series that takes place on a water-covered planet, none of the characters (especially the female characters ) ever go swimming. I could use to see more of that happening.
Even the dolphin doesn't swim. ^^

But if you remember, there were alot icebergs and frozen surface, so I'm guessing it's freezing level. ^^;;
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-20, 04:59   Link #205
pookakitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secca
Even the dolphin doesn't swim. ^^

But if you remember, there were alot icebergs and frozen surface, so I'm guessing it's freezing level. ^^;;
The only living things we have seen in the oceans there are those giant rays in episode 9 or so. We also do not know how long ago the oceans formed--there probably has not been enough time for it to have an ecosystem. Mars' oceans probably have a different chemistry from Earth's oceans, quite probably hazardous to the dolphins and humans and perhaps the naval witches. That may also be why they don't go into the water without some form of protection, whether it is Poipoider's bodysuit or the RBs.

If the oceans are inhospitable to earth life, it begs the question of how the cities and especially the pirates are stocked with food and potable water.

Samantha
pookakitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-20, 14:58   Link #206
Ambience Blue
Fate/Stay Delight

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookakitten
The only living things we have seen in the oceans there are those giant rays in episode 9 or so. We also do not know how long ago the oceans formed--there probably has not been enough time for it to have an ecosystem. Mars' oceans probably have a different chemistry from Earth's oceans, quite probably hazardous to the dolphins and humans and perhaps the naval witches. That may also be why they don't go into the water without some form of protection, whether it is Poipoider's bodysuit or the RBs.

If the oceans are inhospitable to earth life, it begs the question of how the cities and especially the pirates are stocked with food and potable water.
Well, we do see Gram falling into the water without mutating into some horrific manta ray, and the ending credits show some porpoises swimming around. If these Martians were to make a living somehow, then the water has to be atleast somewhat safe. We'll see what happens lol.
Old 2004-06-20, 15:15   Link #207
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

considering that Mars supposed to be the main provider of water for the Galactic Great War... I doubt those waters are hazardous...
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-22, 01:48   Link #208
shinsenx

just finished watchin episode 12, pretty nice
by the way episode 12 is up =0)
shinsenx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-22, 15:16   Link #209
dreamless

I think episode 12 starts nice but ends a bit lackluster... a somewhat weird filler episode imo...

I want more Vess but then I guess some Ester and Megumi-chan compensate it somewhat...

BTW what is a Gramsicle XD
Old 2004-06-22, 15:29   Link #210
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Lol Poipoider telling horror story.
Spoiler for Poipoider ^^ :

it was kinda weird tho the other half of the episode feel like detective Clara solve the mystery show. ^^;;

Last edited by Secca; 2004-06-22 at 15:49.
Old 2004-06-22, 15:36   Link #211
dreamless

actually this episode make me hate that talking cat a lot... =.=b
Old 2004-06-22, 20:07   Link #212
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Episode 12 is basically just set-up for episode 13. :/ The only thing I really loved about it was seeing Achi freak out over the tiniest of things.
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-22, 21:37   Link #213
Secca
nya`
*Artist

lol you know it's the first time I ever saw Gram just wide eye and nobody believes him

I agree with Magus, this feels like the beginning of their journey, more strange things they gona encounters. ^^
Old 2004-06-23, 04:09   Link #214
weyoun6
Romanji is evil

Send a message via ICQ to weyoun6
I found episode 12 to be quite boring. And now I too hate the cat - she was just - too annoying.

And your spoiler of Popoider, man - put a warning on that - gave me a little start.
weyoun6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-23, 06:42   Link #215
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by weyoun6
And your spoiler of Popoider, man - put a warning on that - gave me a little start.
It's good nourishment for the soul. ^_^
Old 2004-06-23, 09:07   Link #216
Kiro
chocolate overdose

meh, two boring filler eps in a row. if they don't continue with the story or at least give us some GOOD jokes, i'll lose interest. the show is one of my favourites, so i hope, they can get back to the old performance.

edit: not that i don't liek filler eps. i just don't like them, when they are boring.
Kiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-24, 18:38   Link #217
Ambience Blue
Fate/Stay Delight

I actually liked Episode 12 a lot. It was a relief after that terribly worthless Ep. 11, lol. But then again, I like episodic series like Cowboy and Noir, so I'm not one to complain.
I liked the cat this episode. It was hilarious when she started getting hysterical: "And... the culprit is....
Spoiler for the culprit:

I also found it funny when MAKI defends herself. Negative! Negative! Negative!

I laughed a lot this time. No pirate show is ever complete without a ghost ship episode, and this one didn't disappoint me. For some reason, the episodic feel doesn't annoy me at all. I mean, this is what I expect out of a pirate show.

Last edited by Ambience Blue; 2004-06-24 at 18:42. Reason: messed up spoiler tags
Old 2004-06-25, 07:57   Link #218
Kiro
chocolate overdose

as i said, i don't have problems with eps, that don't contribute to the main story arc. it's just that the humor from this series didn't reach me lately. for example i really enjoyed "jungle wa itsumo hale nochi guu" (hilarious show) very much allthough it didn't really have any story at all.
Kiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-28, 08:14   Link #219
dreamless

episode 13 is... uhh... I don't really like it... but the next episode preview really got me, VESS! YES!!!!
Old 2004-06-28, 22:49   Link #220
LinChoiSin

i'm not a huge fan of fillers but since i love talking cats ep 12 was ok,this show really is great ,the only bad point is that we don't get to see Vess enough but apparently we'll see her soon!
LinChoiSin is offline   Reply With Quote