AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-08-08, 22:50   Link #1061
Prov1

dk is best mk counter. DK has priority that's higher than mk and his attacks seem to break tornado. Some people say speed is a factor, but dk pro vs mk pro, dk wins.
Prov1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 07:35   Link #1062
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prov1 View Post
No, those ganondorf abusers break the game with his rigged warlock punch. Man they really need to fix ganondorf/Captain Falcon
Thats news to me.

Ganondorf/Captain Falcon are now widley considered the worst characters in the entire game. Snake and Metaknight likewise are considered broken almost.
Old 2008-08-10, 07:50   Link #1063
Amray

I thought that Metaknight was a decent character. He was extremely fast and had some awesome attacks.

You cannot beat swordsmen though. Marth is the best in this game, as well as Melee. I cannot and do not use any other character on both games other than Marth.
Amray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 09:56   Link #1064
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sety View Post
Thats news to me.

Ganondorf/Captain Falcon are now widley considered the worst characters in the entire game. Snake and Metaknight likewise are considered broken almost.
Well while people seem to consider Ganondorf being the worst I'm still able to do pretty good with him. Captain Falcon makes up for his other faults with his speed and is a good character if used correctly. Personally my best character is the Ice Climbers. I know the ins and outs of them and there practically the only character I can consitintly beat my friend Mike with, who is like a god at Smash Bros.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 10:09   Link #1065
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

I can do pretty well with Ganondorf too but his faults are stuff you don't really notice till you delve abit more into using him. His main problems are obviously hes slow, but its also for a power character he doesn't have heavy priority. To see what I mean use a Warlock Kick against an attack, most attacks will simply cancel it out or block it instead of the kick charging through. Biggest problem is in Brawl having a good aerial game/recovery is important, Ganondorf is non-existant in that respect. Also the lag his only lag cancellable moves are Side+B, Down+A and Down+B which means hes just abit too over reliant on them and finally he can't even hit most smaller characters because hes too damn tall.

With Captain Falcon his faults are more obvious, hes FAR SLOWER than in Melee. He can't do his old rushing Falcon Punch, F+air knee attack has a smaller hitbox and is weaker now. Also again horrible recovery. However he still fairs better than Gannondorf since at least he has something resembling speed.

Ice Climbers are a pretty good character, they actually had a infinite combo back in Melee which was banned by most people. Even in Brawl they still have a very powerful damage racking chain grab to smash attack and a much better recovery now. They're strongest if you learn how to desynch them.
Old 2008-08-10, 11:07   Link #1066
Prov1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amray View Post
I thought that Metaknight was a decent character. He was extremely fast and had some awesome attacks.

You cannot beat swordsmen though. Marth is the best in this game, as well as Melee. I cannot and do not use any other character on both games other than Marth.
Marth can't be really considered "best in the game." Marth has good priority, best single move, fast arials, and good strength, he can easily be pwned by good spacing and range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
Well while people seem to consider Ganondorf being the worst I'm still able to do pretty good with him. Captain Falcon makes up for his other faults with his speed and is a good character if used correctly. Personally my best character is the Ice Climbers. I know the ins and outs of them and there practically the only character I can consitintly beat my friend Mike with, who is like a god at Smash Bros.
Sarcasm. Ganondorf is pretty much the worst in the game. Captain Falcon has good speed, but after he hits he has huge attack delay. Ice Climbers are good if you use them right *coughchaingrab*.

Quote:
Thats news to me.

Ganondorf is the worst in the game due to his sh11ty speed. Metaknight is definetely broken, and snake too.
Old 2008-08-10, 13:31   Link #1067
KickHopper
[Never Give Up]
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to KickHopper Send a message via MSN to KickHopper
G&W FOR TOP TIIIIIIEEEEEEER!

I got my ass handed to me at the MGC tournament. Got beat by Fogo in the first round then lost to Melee1 in a couple of friendlies. >_<

As for Marth being the best character in the game, no. He's so easy to gimp that it isn't even funny. Anyone with projectiles can give him a horrible time.

Ganondorf is okay if you play him well engouh. The only thing I really do with him is Side B to a tech-chased Thunderstomp. Works really well. Other than that, I use his Uair because it's leet. =]

Ice Climbers....ugh. It sucks getting grabbed with him. I mean I can get out of it SOMETIMES with DI but it's pretty tough if they use the fthrow chain instead of dthrow to fair chain.

PS: Mah Marf avatar ish coolz.

[R.I.P Lisa Chung : A Truly Remarkable Person.]
KickHopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 18:02   Link #1068
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Ugh, I absolutely despise Mr G&W in Brawl. His attacks are literally flawless with no lag, amazing hitbox and power. Anyway yeah Marth is pretty much a shadow of his former self in Brawl. Blame it mostly on the fact his recovery is only average while everyone elses is amazing. Also that his throw and grabs are nowhere near as good now.
Old 2008-08-10, 18:44   Link #1069
KickHopper
[Never Give Up]
*Scanlator

Quote:
Anyway yeah Marth is pretty much a shadow of his former self in Brawl. Blame it mostly on the fact his recovery is only average while everyone elses is amazing. Also that his throw and grabs are nowhere near as good now.
It's funny how I KNOW that Marth's recovery is shit, but I'm too scared to follow him off the ledge to gimp him. I hate getting stage spiked by his UpB since its so quick.

Only thing I like about Marth's grab is that his grab release can be used to flow into other attacks really well. Also, his dthrow is a semi-chaingrab, but it usually only works 2-3 times depending on the opponent's DI.

Old 2008-08-10, 21:11   Link #1070
Prov1

I just realized right now how fing good a pro rob is. I didn't really pay much attention to him and I almost lost with my luigi.
Old 2008-08-11, 00:00   Link #1071
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Ice Climbers are good if you use them right *coughchaingrab*.
indeed. HoweverI wasn't immediatley refering to the chain grab, They have plenty of good abilities. Like getting them out of synche can create some great double attacks.

And I don't care what people say Ganondorf is not the worst character in the game. I wouldn't call any character actually the worst since they all have strong points agaisnt certain characters. Ganondorf if used in a group match can be very deadly, but in singles matches not so much. Also slow speed does not make a character automatically bad. Dede is slow yet I kick ass with him. Now if I had to pick a worst character I'd say Kirby. He just seems worse every installment.
Old 2008-08-11, 06:52   Link #1072
Amray

Quote:
Marth can't be really considered "best in the game." Marth has good priority, best single move, fast arials, and good strength, he can easily be pwned by good spacing and range.

It was my individual thought. I was not stating that he 'was' the best character in the whole game, just that he was the best for me. I find characters like Marth easier and better to use for my preferences.
Old 2008-08-11, 11:32   Link #1073
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickHopper View Post
Only thing I like about Marth's grab is that his grab release can be used to flow into other attacks really well. Also, his dthrow is a semi-chaingrab, but it usually only works 2-3 times depending on the opponent's DI.
I know and I wouldn't class Marth's dthrow as a chaingrab simply because of the difficulty and situationality of it. But yes Marth's grab release is stupidly good, its basically a free tipped Falchion smash. Actually I know his grab release almost renders some characters unplayable against him as they have absolutely no defense against it, Wario, Lucas and Ness all come to mind.

Also to be honest it depends who you use to edgeguard against him with, some characters are nearly immune to Marth's Up+B because of just how stupidly good their aerials are.

Quote:
I just realized right now how fing good a pro rob is. I didn't really pay much attention to him and I almost lost with my luigi.
ROB players, well good ones are frightening. Some of the better ones I've seen can almost exclusively destroy you while never setting foot on the stage and simply poking you while flying on the stage edge. As far as I know good ROB players only really have one very difficult to exploit weakness.

Quote:
I wouldn't call any character actually the worst since they all have strong points agaisnt certain characters.
Thats sort of the reason why hes considered the worst character in the game. Ganondorf has no good matchups, hes at an disadvantage against every single character in the entire game. Even the pro Ganondorf players all use characters like Metaknight or Snake as a counter pick because hes just that bad.
Old 2008-08-11, 12:02   Link #1074
RisArk

Marth's main strength is that melee players can transition easily into brawl with him. His main weakness is that projectiles actually matter this time around.

I've seen a data chart ranking wins around the country, and Metaknight/Snake dominate tournaments. Whether or not they're "Busted," the fact is they're played a lot and they win a lot.

Wario is still underrated after all these months, it's shocking. His aerial game is one of the better, and his bike give him one of the most flexible recovery game.
RisArk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 12:22   Link #1075
Amray

The other good thing about Marth is his final smash attack. If done right you can wipe all opponents clean off the arena. Let us face it, not all of the characters final smashes are brilliant, but with Marth I always seem to manage it. (excluding the time when I first used it and flew off the whole map ^^; )
Old 2008-08-11, 12:52   Link #1076
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Ganondorf has no good matchups, hes at an disadvantage against every single character in the entire game.
Well I've never lost to Kirby with Ganondorf. I don't know too eachs own I guess. I've found him useful in numerous situations and I honestly can't see why people thinks he sucks so bad. I lose more often with Pikachu than I do with Captain Falcon or Ganondorf. Anyways Ganondorf needs to get his own damn move set.
Old 2008-08-11, 13:50   Link #1077
Prov1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
Well I've never lost to Kirby with Ganondorf. I don't know too eachs own I guess. I've found him useful in numerous situations and I honestly can't see why people thinks he sucks so bad. I lose more often with Pikachu than I do with Captain Falcon or Ganondorf. Anyways Ganondorf needs to get his own damn move set.
Pikachu is a godly char. Pikachu's shield smash is god tier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RisArk View Post
Marth's main strength is that melee players can transition easily into brawl with him. His main weakness is that projectiles actually matter this time around.

I've seen a data chart ranking wins around the country, and Metaknight/Snake dominate tournaments. Whether or not they're "Busted," the fact is they're played a lot and they win a lot.

Wario is still underrated after all these months, it's shocking. His aerial game is one of the better, and his bike give him one of the most flexible recovery game.
Wario is teh sh1tz0r. Way overrated. His arials might be decent but he's crap. I don't get why people think he's underrated. No priority, and shitty recoveries.
Old 2008-08-11, 21:21   Link #1078
KickHopper
[Never Give Up]
*Scanlator

Quote:
Wario is teh sh1tz0r. Way overrated. His arials might be decent but he's crap. I don't get why people think he's underrated. No priority, and shitty recoveries.
I wouldn't go to say that Wario has shitty recoveries because he doesn't. You can have really good mind games with Wario just like G&W since you can SH fake them most of the time and approach them however you like.

Btw, I found some videos of Ken vs. SK92 during Evo2K8. Seems like they had to use items.

Match 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmzvwubtlD4
Match 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKdGJeadgWQ

I heard Ken lost to a Rob in the finals though. =\ Probably because of items...

Old 2008-08-11, 21:30   Link #1079
Prov1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickHopper View Post
I wouldn't go to say that Wario has shitty recoveries because he doesn't. You can have really good mind games with Wario just like G&W since you can SH fake them most of the time and approach them however you like.

Btw, I found some videos of Ken vs. SK92 during Evo2K8. Seems like they had to use items.

Match 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmzvwubtlD4
Match 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKdGJeadgWQ

I heard Ken lost to a Rob in the finals though. =\ Probably because of items...
Items mess up the game imo. Gives marth the edge. Falco is my main
Old 2008-08-12, 05:50   Link #1080
RisArk

Wario has some good priorities and SA frame attacks.

Wario played right:
1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfC9YNeU48A
2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuzpbn7W7O0
RisArk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crossover, nintendo