AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-08-10, 16:31   Link #5221
Prov1

Suzaku's the best character in anime ever. He does the best things. He fires nukes, he betrays Zero, man he's like the best good guy ever. He betrays Japanese and kills his Dad. I want to be like Suzaku when I grow up.
Prov1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 16:41   Link #5222
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
One thing that irks me about all this: Suzaku knows that whenever he resolves to die, his Geass command makes him live, yet he gives up here anyway and it got a city nuked. I'm not saying he's to blame for the involuntary firing, but for something he considers such a curse you'd at least think he'd take it into consideration.
I'm not sure if he had any other option, but to give up there. The Guren was coming right at him and he couldn't get away. Maybe for that moment he forgot about the geass, thought there wasn't anything he could do so just accept whatever comes, or just didn't consider that the geass would go to the extreme of firing Freya. Honestly did seem strange he didn't think the geass would do something to save him. Half expected him to predict it would activate and try to resist so he wouldn't do something horrible.

Anyways I do feel for the Lancelot. Poor thing got completely torn apart in this one. All the defences and the super powered canon didn't do jack when up against the Super Guren.
Old 2008-08-10, 16:47   Link #5223
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I'm not sure if he had any other option, but to give up there. The Guren was coming right at him and he couldn't get away. Maybe for that moment he forgot about the geass, thought there wasn't anything he could do so just accept whatever comes, or just didn't consider that the geass would go to the extreme of firing Freya. Honestly did seem strange he didn't think the geass would do something to save him. Half expected him to predict it would activate and try to resist so he wouldn't do something horrible.

Anyways I do feel for the Lancelot. Poor thing got completely torn apart in this one. All the defences and the super powered canon didn't do jack when up against the Super Guren.
I suppose that's decent reasoning, but I was expecting the same thing as you were, and Suzaku instead forgot and it just popped in and saved him.

I somewhat feel for the Lancelot, but it's mostly mitigated by the utter look of helplessness Suzaku had. he had "I'm fucked!" written all over him. We never see that in combat with him, and here it was just gold.
Old 2008-08-10, 16:50   Link #5224
aznegglover
The power of FABULOUS!

Spoiler for code geass:
aznegglover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 16:51   Link #5225
animeboy12

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznegglover View Post
Spoiler for code geass:
but was it his fault?
animeboy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 16:52   Link #5226
Prov1

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznegglover View Post
Spoiler for code geass:
that shows how crazy every1 in Code Geass is. SUzaku is crazy. I'd say Suzaku's a hypocrite. Killing when he hates killing.
Prov1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 16:53   Link #5227
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by animeboy12 View Post
but was it he's fault?
We all know it wasn't. He is just a victim. Lelouch is getting exactly what he deserved for walking the path of hatred. God, I love both of those characters now
Sir Dearka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 16:54   Link #5228
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Yes it was his fault. Not entirely, but more than his fair share. He was the one stupid enough to even consider carrying the bomb, he knows his live Geass makes him do unthinkable things, and he knows Nina's out of her damn mind. Lelouch is partially at fault for delivering the initial command, but the fault is much less than it would be if Suzaku was ignorant.
Old 2008-08-10, 16:54   Link #5229
animeboy12

I think Suzaku follows the "Kill one,save a thousand" approach
Old 2008-08-10, 16:57   Link #5230
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
I suppose that's decent reasoning, but I was expecting the same thing as you were, and Suzaku instead forgot and it just popped in and saved him.

I somewhat feel for the Lancelot, but it's mostly mitigated by the utter look of helplessness Suzaku had. he had "I'm fucked!" written all over him. We never see that in combat with him, and here it was just gold.
Yeah guess its just like Suzaku to forget something like that . Though possible to be overwhelmed by having no chance to win and having a glowing death hand reaching out for you. Not that satisfying an explanation for me, but that's how the writers put it out there.

Really hasn't been a case where he has been so clearly overwhelmed. Even during the first Guren match didn't have that kind of expression. The difference between the units was just too great. Now time for Cecile and Lloyd to really ramp it up to the extreme. Though on that note wonder how bad Lloyd was freaking out when the Lancelot was getting destroyed out there.
Quote:
Yes it was his fault. Not entirely, but more than his fair share. He was the one stupid enough to even consider carrying the bomb, he knows his live Geass makes him do unthinkable things, and he knows Nina's out of her damn mind. Lelouch is partially at fault for delivering the initial command, but the fault is much less than it would be if Suzaku was ignorant.
There are a lot of people at fault for this. Unless it was ordered by the Emperor should have done everything to keep that off of Lancelot. Though could have thought it was better for him to carry it than someone who would have fewer issues with firing such a thing. But at the same time should have considered the live geass. But didn't expect something like the Guren to show up that would force its activation. Lelouch should have just gotten Jeremiah to remove the geass since its not like he wanted Suzaku to live anymore. But not like Lelouch knew about Freya and what Suzaku could do. Many are responsible for this, but it doesn't change that it happened.
Old 2008-08-10, 16:57   Link #5231
animeboy12

He was ordered by his superior to pilot his knightmare with that device.

this is a war anime right?
Old 2008-08-10, 16:59   Link #5232
Discerptor
ANIUE!111

Quote:
The alternative to Suzaku piloting the FREIA!Lancelot was NINA autopiloting it in, if you'll recall. He took control because he knew she wouldn't have the courage to NOT fire it. If Suzaku hadn't piloted the Lancelot, FREIA would have been fired by default. At least by going in himself, he knew he wouldn't fire it. Unfortunately, he wasn't counting on Sayoko helping Kallen jack the most h4x mecha ever and then Lelocuch ordering Kallen to kill Suzaku without mercy and with no chance for Suzaku to escape except using the thing... and even then, he had to be forced to use it by Geass. Lelouch was warned about FREIA, and Lelouch knew about Suzaku's Live Geass but he ordered Kallen to go raging dog on him anyway. Trying to pin the blame on Suzaku and not on Lelouch is just blind fanboyism. Suzaku's directive was to NOT use FREIA, whereas Lelouch's emotional idiocy made him take too great a risk and forget the grave he dug himself.
Discerptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 16:59   Link #5233
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

Lloyd and Cecile warned him to retreat. He chose not to listen.
cors8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 17:01   Link #5234
animeboy12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
The entire show is about how Geass and Lelouch's bitterness has ousted everything he loves into chaos and despair. I'm wondering when people are going to start comprehending this and will stop quoting Zero in their signatures as if he were a decent person.

It's no one's fault: war sucks, and it was an unnecessary one in the name of personal spite in the first place. It didn't help that there were so many unlucky additional problems.
I must say though this is a great post
Old 2008-08-10, 17:02   Link #5235
Aquaman OS

He also choose to take it rather than let another pilot have it or just ditch it on the ground somewhere. Luciano would have fired it without hesitiation and Gino or Anya or another pilot might have listened to the suggestions to fire it. And had it just been left on the battlefield it might have been hit by accident.

So he took it himself when offered it because he didn't want to risk another person having it.

Retreat wasn't possible since Lelouch gave Kallen specific orders to kill him and he couldn't escape Guren. He knew just how dangerous Kallen was as he told Gino.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 17:02   Link #5236
lousylaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post

Considering the previous Guren was probably more powerful than the current Lancelot, the new one is just overkill. But no matter how powerful the Guren is, I still found it a bit ridiculous how Suzaku did a direct kick hit to it and the Lancelot leg came out flying while the Guren standed there doing nothing. Talk about overpowered.

LA can't come soon enough. I just hope it will get more than just the same upgrade as the Guren tho. The Lancelot is suppose to be unique so I want to see something that make it stand out from the rest. I want it to have it's moment of glory, cause so far it hasn't happened in season 2.

We got the new Lancelot at the beginning which barely looked any different from the one in S1 and before Suzaku could do anything, you got an upgraded Guren out of nowhere and Kallen got her moment of glory there. Now once again, Kallen gets another glorious moment with her new machine while the Lancelot has yet to get his. So they better not ease up on the intro of LA or I'm gonna be super pissed.
lousylaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 17:03   Link #5237
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discerptor View Post
The alternative to Suzaku piloting the FREIA!Lancelot was NINA autopiloting it in. He took control because he knew she wouldn't have the courage to NOT fire it. If Suzaku hadn't piloted the Lancelot, FREIA would have been fired by default. Lelouch was warned about FREIA, and Lelouch knew about Suzaku's Live Geass but he ordered Kallen to go raging dog on him anyway. Trying to pin the blame on Suzaku and not on Lelouch is just blind fanboyism.
So Lelouch is just supposed to believe Suzaku has some uber super-weapon strapped to his back with no proof? A bluff is a bluff and Lelouch called it. It is hardly Lelouch's fault if he wants Suzaku dead. As far as he knows, Suzaku betrayed him, and Suzaku has made no effort to clear that up.

If Nina had piloted the Lancelot, she'd have flown in a straight line and Lelouch would have Jeremiah ground her. Sure she'd have used the bomb, but there'd still be time to escape.
Old 2008-08-10, 17:03   Link #5238
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cors8 View Post
And leave Gino out there with the super powered Guren around? Can't say that was part of his thinking, but leaving him with all those powerful units around would have been a death sentence. Lloyd and Cecile knew the power of the new Guren. Even if he was told it was made much more powerful, Suzaku didn't understand just how vast the spec differences were.
Old 2008-08-10, 17:04   Link #5239
Discerptor
ANIUE!111

Quote:
He said mere minutes earlier that Kallen wouldn't LET him escape (when Gino wanted to trade enemies), and with the h4x speed the new Guren has and Lelouch's order to KILL, I think you can see where your idea fails.
Discerptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 17:04   Link #5240
Vakir

Quote:
He wouldn't be able to make it. He had a better chance making a final stand. The Fleija was his only option to live, and he had to live.

Quote:
You're missing the part that Nina would take it and cause way more havok than he would by intentionally using it. Suzaku was the only one that could protect it from being used, but the Live Geass stopped that in its tracks. That's not ignorance, if anything it's superior foresight to what you apparently have. You're also failing to realize that they could easily just take the Fleija elsewhere. At least Suzaku bluffing to potentially use it delayed it from actually happening up until it was forced out of his hands. Whether Suzaku WANTED to die or not, you need to admire the willingness to be taken down rather than use that thing.
Vakir is offline   Reply With Quote