AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-03, 04:03   Link #141
Deckker

There is certainly a reasonable limit in this regards.
Its more likely that they have a limit to the amount of resistance they can develop, and after several generations it would fade away as there was not a need for it anymore.

If they evolved without limit, the protoculture race would basically made the ultimate weapon already.
Old 2008-08-03, 04:10   Link #142
ipernorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckker View Post
There is certainly a reasonable limit in this regards.
Its more likely that they have a limit to the amount of resistance they can develop, and after several generations it would fade away as there was not a need for it anymore.

If they evolved without limit, the protoculture race would basically made the ultimate weapon already.
You're making too much assumptions... we don't know if they don't have a self destruct code. We know Vajra communicate through fold waves and they're a collective: if the Vajra were made by Protoculture I think it would be utterly stupid to not consider the possibility of a rebellion so some kind of self destruct/deactivation code should exist.
Old 2008-08-03, 05:14   Link #143
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

I believe that's why Grace and co. liked the fold wave stuff they're getting from Ranka. Might be the way to hack into the Vajra.
Old 2008-08-03, 08:18   Link #144
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!

Heck for all we know the Vajra could have been what actually killed off the last of the protoculture. We know that the Anima Spirtia eventually sealed away the protodevlin but we have no idea what kind of shape they were left in afterward. They still had to deal with rampaging zentradi and all the remnants of the supervision army.

It could have been in their rush to make new weapons to fight the later, they forgot to put limits on the vajra and they just ended up turning on them.
Old 2008-08-04, 10:21   Link #145
Prov1

Sorry if this has been said, but after what happened in episode 17 there is no doubt that Ai Kun is a special version of Vajra. I think Vajras are programmed or trained to attack planes. Ai kun was murdering that paper airplane.
Old 2008-08-04, 10:32   Link #146
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

We don't know whether Ai-kun is special or not, since all the eggs we've seen hatched, look exactly like him. He could just be a regular Vajra young or along with all the eggs hatched, a new version. He's not unique in form, or have anything special. The only thing special is that it made contact with Ranka.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2008-08-04, 12:19   Link #147
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!

The plane thing is instinctual. Something flying at it and it's scared. That and if the protoculture made the vajra just acting a plane shape wouldn't make sense. Most of then Zentradi vehicles were humanoid shaped other their cap ships.

What I did love what that Ai used his tail to knock the plane down. Reminded of how the Yellows use their tail to attack the cockpits of the VFs.
Old 2008-08-04, 12:36   Link #148
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Well, they mentioned in the anime that Vajra are able to spread battle information wirelessly to each other(maybe through fold transmissions) and keep the entire race updated. Ai-kun may also have recieved transmissions and is wary of planes.

When Ai-kun tore up the plane, it wasn't really expressing as much instinctive self-defence as it was expressing pure hatred for the harmless plane lol. It was sinister and cute at the same time.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/

Last edited by C.A.; 2008-08-04 at 18:32.
Old 2008-08-04, 15:14   Link #149
Wesley84

I'm sure it works both ways. *Imagines Victors raiding campus locker rooms in search of panties*
Old 2008-08-05, 12:53   Link #150
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!

I just had a thought... could the Vajra be domesticated?

Sure Ranka is special, but she does seem to have Ai-kun pretty well under control...
Old 2008-08-05, 13:04   Link #151
cerrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by squaresphere View Post
I just had a thought... could the Vajra be domesticated?

Sure Ranka is special, but she does seem to have Ai-kun pretty well under control...
I assume that was what the 117th fleet tried to do to some degree and look at what happened to them.
Old 2008-08-05, 13:09   Link #152
MFSxA

I think Ai-Kun's pretty harmless atm, probably it would change in the future. Imagine big bad Ai-Kun. I don't think Ai-Kun would be easily controllable by then.

I'd be surprised if Ai-Kun would still be cute after the pup turns into a wolf. He'd be a fierce looking bug.

Domesticated, that's a probability. It seems Ranka's voice is some sort of a communication and control tool. Therefore there is a way to control/domesticate the Vajra.

If the Vajra is her people (she being the queen) I take it she wouldn't be pleased that her people are domesticated.

Edit: There's this game, Mass Effect, in the storyline the Rachni (hivemind bugs) were exterminated. There were surviving queens though, and through their songs they could teach their children with the songs of the universe, and promised the hero (assuming you let them live) to teach their children peace. Those who were not taught the songs of the universe, the new Rachni queens asked the hero that they be exterminated. So may be Ranka needs to teach them the songs of peace? Hmmm...were the devs fans of Basara? lol

Last edited by MFSxA; 2008-08-05 at 13:21. Reason: Remembered Mass Effect
Old 2008-08-06, 00:12   Link #153
ipernorris

I imagine Ranka going around inside Frontier on top of Ai-kun, the first domesticated red Vajra of history...
It would be quite a formidable bodyguard!
Old 2008-08-10, 23:16   Link #154
The Sandman

I imagine Ranka going around inside Frontier on top of an Ai-kun that looks exactly the same as he does now, except fifty times bigger. It would be terrifyingly cute and cutely terrifying.
Old 2008-08-11, 09:16   Link #155
encia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
I imagine Ranka going around inside Frontier on top of Ai-kun, the first domesticated red Vajra of history...
It would be quite a formidable bodyguard!
An episode of Mai-HIME in Macross Frontier? Ranka's Vajra vs other Vajras.

Last edited by encia; 2008-08-11 at 09:30.
Old 2008-08-11, 09:23   Link #156
encia

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
We don't know whether Ai-kun is special or not, since all the eggs we've seen hatched, look exactly like him. He could just be a regular Vajra young or along with all the eggs hatched, a new version. He's not unique in form, or have anything special. The only thing special is that it made contact with Ranka.
Ai-kun tried to comfort Ranka in EP11...
Old 2008-08-11, 09:26   Link #157
encia

Quote:
Originally Posted by squaresphere View Post
The plane thing is instinctual. Something flying at it and it's scared. That and if the protoculture made the vajra just acting a plane shape wouldn't make sense. Most of then Zentradi vehicles were humanoid shaped other their cap ships.

What I did love what that Ai used his tail to knock the plane down. Reminded of how the Yellows use their tail to attack the cockpits of the VFs.
Well, Ranka gave a plane shaped biscuit to Ai-Kun....
Old 2008-08-11, 10:23   Link #158
Prov1

Quote:
Originally Posted by encia View Post
Well, Ranka gave a plane shaped biscuit to Ai-Kun....
self explanatory as to why he ate it.
Old 2008-08-11, 12:15   Link #159
Tabris

I wonder what Vajra taste like
Old 2008-08-11, 12:41   Link #160
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabris View Post
I wonder what Vajra taste like
Probably like cermanics, computer chips, and snythetic fibers.
Closed Thread