AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2007-05-25, 17:39   Link #821
vhx

Just got done watching 310, awesome. Can't wait for next episode for the big escape.

Spoiler for !!!:
vhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-25, 17:59   Link #822
Prolific

Just watched 310.

Spoiler:
Prolific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-26, 01:05   Link #823
Nuzzles

You anime watchers are in for a great treat. The best scene of the entire arc should be in the next few episodes.
Nuzzles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-28, 01:16   Link #824
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

FINALLY the horrid eines lobby arc is over.

yeah, i'm hoping the next few episodes are gona be good too.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-30, 15:10   Link #825
Takanome

Simple Ex:
When the giant doors are closed the island is surrounded with whirlpools so when the giant door is opened it gets rid of the whirlpools. [It also leads to the Marine HQ/Impel down]
Takanome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-30, 17:11   Link #826
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Since this part seems to be over now, I have a question:
What exactly is up with those giant doors?

Okay, they are impressive, but what are they good for? If someone has a ship, he can just sail around them... after all it's just water around them.
Even if a ship can sail around the island, there is not a single secure location for a ship to dock or enter (possibly with the gates closed you cannot even come close to the island because of the wild currents). And, from the front, you have to walk on foot, which makes it nearly impossible to cross (considering the obstacles along the way). In short, that gate ensures the security of the Enies Lobby, even against Giant ships (for giants).
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-31, 23:18   Link #827
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
I'm not talking about Enies Lobby. I'm talking about whatever is behind the door.
The way the whole thing was explained gave the impression, that you always have to go through Enies Lobby and through the door, if you want to go to the place on the other side, and that's something I don't understand, because you could just ignore Enies Lobby and the huge door and sail around.
The most important part of Enies Lobby seems to be the second island where the giant door opens to. You put your officers on the front, and use the giant door on the back to provide very high security. You can do what you say, but you have to sacrifice from the security to achieve that, which does not seem to be a desirable option...So, the way that second island is setup, you need to protect it with some wall, as you do not have any place around it to protect that part of Enies Lobby in another way.

And, ignoring the door and sailing around that place will add unnecessary burden to them. It is like so as to go to your backyard, instead of using the backdoor that open to the garden, you want to use your front door and walk around the house to reach the backyard.

Quote:
But even if it is meant to protect Enies Lobby: Why such a huge construction? It would have been enough to build it under water to create those currents.
The door has to be strong and it should not have any difficulty protecting that part of the island against the attacks coming from the less protected part, without the doors. You remember the size of giants and the size of their ships. If they want to build a ship sufficiently comfortable for them, you might want to build something at least around the double size of that ship (in height). In any case, I don't have a size information for either of those, but they might be close...
Old 2007-06-01, 01:35   Link #828
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
I'm not talking about Enies Lobby. I'm talking about whatever is behind the door.
The way the whole thing was explained gave the impression, that you always have to go through Enies Lobby and through the door, if you want to go to the place on the other side, and that's something I don't understand, because you could just ignore Enies Lobby and the huge door and sail around.
But even if it is meant to protect Enies Lobby: Why such a huge construction? It would have been enough to build it under water to create those currents.
Did you ever think the reason the doors are like they are is because Ennis Lobby wants to give the impression of it being IMPOSING...It's shock and awe! When you see a place that physically imposing it deters people from wanting to even ATTEMPT to invade it (unless you're main protagonists' in a shonen anime called One Piece ofcourse^^) ...When you see those doors it's like, "Oh $hit lets not mess with this place, because there's gotta be some major $hit behind those doors!!" It's a deterrent, it's as simple as that....
Old 2007-06-01, 13:16   Link #829
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Did you ever think the reason the doors are like they are is because Ennis Lobby wants to give the impression of it being IMPOSING...[B][I]It's shock and awe!
If the door was covering all around the island, you would be right. That is not the case. Enies Lobby is not promoting their security on the front lines, where the door does not reach. So, how can they be imposing, when they are doing this in an incomplete way?
Old 2007-06-01, 13:53   Link #830
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
If the door was covering all around the island, you would be right. That is not the case. Enies Lobby is not promoting their security on the front lines, where the door does not reach. So, how can they be imposing, when they are doing this in an incomplete way?
Like I said, it's shock and awe...Why not just bulid a normal gate that surrounds the island you ask?? Because we're THE WORLD GOVERNMENT and we want the placed pimped-out as to say "We dare you to challenge us!" (TWG is arrogant as we've seen)...Now if you're a big-fry you might not be scared or shocked by the doors, but any normal pirate or villain sees those doors and they see a representation of the World Government (Not many people mess with TWG)..It's not just promoting their security, it's promoting what their security COULD BE (Isn't that where CP9 hangs out anyways?)...Just like you said in your previous post, just by the enormity of the door you'd have to sacrifice your saftey just trying an alternative route to get in...Let's remember it took the straw-hats a flying sea-train, Zoro mystical sword slashing, and Giant GIANTS IIRC just to purge Ennis Lobby and all that happened "In a perfect-world" scenerio..What if you have no choice but to enter straight? (alla the sea-train) You have to deal with the impossible size of those doors...Like I said, if we're keeping it simple, despite the actual physical dynamics of the door, it's sheer size and prowess are still a deterrent by default...
Old 2007-06-02, 17:09   Link #831
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Any normal pirate or a villain wouldn't dare to challenge the world government even if it would be a small door; just letting those people know that there are thousands of very good marines that are protecting the Enies Lobby is a good enough "shock and awe" promotion...

That door is there to scare the stronger class of pirates. And, most likely, it is there for actual security and protection purposes, not because it can shock the negligible-quality pirates.
Old 2007-06-03, 02:18   Link #832
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
But I still don't get it: Even IF a pirate (or anyone else) wanted to challenge the World government, why should they even bother with Enies Lobby, which seems to be nothing more than a "normal" marine base (even if it'a a bit larger), instead of sailing directly to the island where the Government is located and attack there?
The answer is easy: overpowering the two bases is considered as impossible. If you assume that each of those two locations are protected by a system that is more powerful than the firepower of buster call, it would become clear, why attacking those two locations can be considered as having zero success probability.

So, if a group wants to save a pirate that is captured and brought to enies lobby for his trial, the only possibility to save him is acting before the captured pirate goes to one of the two possible locations (marine headquarters and impel down). As we observed in this arc, it is impossible for a small group to achieve that success, (almost) regardless of their individual strength. The Strawhat pirates wouldn't have succeeded in their plans of saving their friend, if they hadn't received help from the Franky Family, Kokoro's family, Giants, and Galley-la personnel. So, even if a large group attacks, it is impossible to succeed, unless that group consists of very powerful people. And, at the end, the short distance to the buster call recipients, makes it a lucky ending...But, that is only true for Enies Lobby. I doubt, MarHQ and Impel Down would allow for the luck factor to be taken into account...
Old 2007-06-03, 21:42   Link #833
ellifeedn
Thinker

Sorry to interupt such an "important" discussion (not really), but getting back to the topic of the thread I just have to say that episode 312 was an episode I won't be forgetting for quite a while. Other than that,
Spoiler:
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-03, 21:54   Link #834
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

I haven't checked the new episode, but, the anime producers cannot interrupt the storyline right now. The fillers will possibly gonna wait for 5-10 episodes (don't remember the chapter count remaining in this arc). After that, the producers will have only two choices, either giving a break or continuing with filler arcs. Considering the popularity of the anime, and the quality of the filler arcs in One Piece, I doubt they will give a break.
Old 2007-06-03, 23:47   Link #835
vic1337

I am desperate to see episode 312, the animation was the same as the movie 7 so I can’t wait
vic1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-04, 03:10   Link #836
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

THAT sucked...
Spoiler for SpanDAMN!:

I wouldn't wish that on anyone...Hell Eneru, Crocodile, and Arlong get off better than Spandam methinks...Was kinda bizzare how they tried to play it off as comedy after it happened...I'm all about uncut, but Funi better edit that $hit...
Old 2007-06-04, 13:27   Link #837
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Spandam totally deserved it.
Chuixupu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-04, 21:47   Link #838
cybuster

Its been a while since I last posted here and the reason I'm posting here is for one reason only, episode 312. It was one of wait, I take that back.... the most emotional episode in One Piece. The animation style (Movie 7) in this wonderful episode created the perfect mood for the perfect scenes. I'll be serious, I have never wept tears when watching anime until I saw this episode. All I can say is, thank you very much Oda for this amazing Shōnen series and I hope we see more greatness from you.
cybuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-05, 09:15   Link #839
ortadragoon

Merry WAAAAAA

so sad
ortadragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-05, 19:17   Link #840
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

An episode filled with emotions (from the emotional ones, Sanji, Zoro, Robin play the role of the ice-faced nakama, though they were compensated by Franky, the kid, and the animal).

I expected Merry's theme (dear friends) to be used while the strawhats share their memories. I wish the anime team would have selected much better scenes to represent those memories. There were highly emotional strawhat scenes from before involving all those characters, when they were with Merry. I guess, later on, someone might post a better clip for those section.

For the only-anime followers, do not miss the next two episodes. Lots of shocking news will be waiting for you.