AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-07-31, 22:57   Link #21
Westlo
Lets be reality

Wow @ Poongko Vs Daigo... what a fucking beating Poongko just gave Daigo... y'all a witness.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-31, 23:15   Link #22
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Wow @ Poongko Vs Daigo... what a fucking beating Poongko just gave Daigo... y'all a witness.
Didn't get to see it live, but I get a feeling this year is Poongko's.

Okay never mind Fei Long's Ultra is really powerful.

Latif=Instant Legendary status

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2011-07-31 at 23:27.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-31, 23:29   Link #23
Westlo
Lets be reality

Latif is on fire god damn it, lol @ Daigo saying he was @ full power for this tourny since he was using Yun. I bet he doesn't stick with Yun for the upcoming rebalance.
Old 2011-07-31, 23:44   Link #24
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Very convincing and dominant by Fuudo. No doubt he's the champion. Lol at him being so modest that he didn't want to raise the trophy.
Old 2011-08-01, 00:10   Link #25
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

That was amazing. I'm glad we didn't have either of the twins in the top 3. Latif put on a very great show. It didn't seem like he could really do much against Fuudo (or Fei), but he still did a very nice job taking out Daigo and Poongko.

I definitely loved CS2 and AE this year. So much hype.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-01, 00:12   Link #26
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Great tournament. Awesome play by Fuudo. Always nice to see a Virtua Fighter player win. His fundamentals were too strong all tournament long(That VF). Though Daigo didn't win at least he can say he got top 5 three times in a row at EVO, very consistent once again. He'll be back next year.

Poongko was awesome to watch. Hope to see more of him. Latif did very well at beating great players.
Old 2011-08-01, 00:19   Link #27
Westlo
Lets be reality

I think it's clear that Fuudo knows the Viper match up very well, he beat Latif pretty convincingly and he absolutely crushed Wolfkrone two days ago.. and this is Wolfkrone who eliminated Mago @ Evo and just lost to him (should've won really) @ Revelations... and Mago has been considered to be the best Fei Long for a long time..

Fuudo is a champion VF player and he also beat Daigo in Ryu mirror to win the World Game Cup in France a few years ago.
Old 2011-08-01, 01:10   Link #28
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Saw the evo 2011 MvC3 stuff. Love love LOVE seeing Dark Phoenix. She's like the incarnation of what Sol Badguy's dragon install should have been. Just the fact that she blows so much stuff up in such a glorious fashion is so wonderful. Shame she's getting nerfed in UMvC3 .
Old 2011-08-01, 01:34   Link #29
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

I kinda wish Poongko beat Latif though, since I felt as if Poongko would have done better against Fuudo, but I can't deny Latif his victory.
Old 2011-08-01, 10:19   Link #30
brocko

Fuudo sent both Latif and Poongko down to the losers bracket. Dude deserved the trophy with good solid, no frills play even if he did coast to it through the winners bracket. Grand Finals was a little anti-climatic, but still mad props to Latif. BrokenTier indeed. If i had to give a most godlike or tournament MVP award it'd definitely go to Latif.

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-01, 18:08   Link #31
Blackbeard D. Kuma

SSF4 AE finals was better than I had anticipated. The grand finals between Fuudo and Latif was somewhat anti-climactic, indeed. However, Latif and Poongko put on such amazing performances to make up for that. Latif taking out Tokido, Daigo, and Poongko in a very convincing fashion was amazing.

Funny how Ono plans on doing a balance patch for the game. When 20 out of 32 finalists use Yun and Fei Long (8 Yuns and 12 Fei Longs), you know there's a serious problem.

MK9 had a very entertaining finals. It invoked massive hype from the crowd (seeing as how this is MK's first major tournament in its history) and it had great character variety (8 different characters were used amongst the final 8 competitors). Very promising start for MK's new career, and this positive reception will certainly prompt Netherrealm to make more tournament caliber games in the near future.

MvC3 did generate massive hype, but the game can be so stupid at times it detracts from the enjoyment. The game has been degraded into Level 3 X-Factor, Wolverine, and Phoenix, at top level, all of which are capable of ridiculous, undeserving victories. There's no place for bullshit like this in fighting games. Nuff said.

All in all, this was a good EVO. Definitely some surprises and upsets this year, but I'm already excited for next year's tournament. I greatly enjoyed myself overall .
Old 2011-08-01, 23:15   Link #32
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
SSF4 AE finals was better than I had anticipated. The grand finals between Fuudo and Latif was somewhat anti-climactic, indeed. However, Latif and Poongko put on such amazing performances to make up for that. Latif taking out Tokido, Daigo, and Poongko in a very convincing fashion was amazing.

Funny how Ono plans on doing a balance patch for the game. When 20 out of 32 finalists use Yun and Fei Long (8 Yuns and 12 Fei Longs), you know there's a serious problem.

MK9 had a very entertaining finals. It invoked massive hype from the crowd (seeing as how this is MK's first major tournament in its history) and it had great character variety (8 different characters were used amongst the final 8 competitors). Very promising start for MK's new career, and this positive reception will certainly prompt Netherrealm to make more tournament caliber games in the near future.

MvC3 did generate massive hype, but the game can be so stupid at times it detracts from the enjoyment. The game has been degraded into Level 3 X-Factor, Wolverine, and Phoenix, at top level, all of which are capable of ridiculous, undeserving victories. There's no place for bullshit like this in fighting games. Nuff said.

All in all, this was a good EVO. Definitely some surprises and upsets this year, but I'm already excited for next year's tournament. I greatly enjoyed myself overall .
Yeah X-Factor Level 3 and Phoenix really need toning down. Like cut the damage by either of the two at least in half level toning down. Maybe a 1/3 cut on damage for DP since even getting her out can be considered an achievement at times. When you can kill a character in 2-3 moves and turn a whole match around with almost zero effort and genuine clutch play there's a huge huge problem. There needs to be some chance at recovery.

Personally I've never been a huge fan of 100% combos which is why I continue to state that something like the burst system from Blaz Blue should be in every game. It's a really fair system IMO. You get one mulligan on the situation and you pay for it by taking increased damage from there on out and having no barrier gauge anymore. Something like the Burst in UMVC3 would do wonders for balance I think.
Old 2011-08-01, 23:19   Link #33
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
CS2 was so incredibly refreshing, having Spark's Hakumen going 6-0 against Lord Knight's Litchi was something I thought I'd never see.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-01, 23:24   Link #34
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

That man's defense is quite a sight to watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Personally I've never been a huge fan of 100% combos which is why I continue to state that something like the burst system from Blaz Blue should be in every game. It's a really fair system IMO. You get one mulligan on the situation and you pay for it by taking increased damage from there on out and having no barrier gauge anymore. Something like the Burst in UMVC3 would do wonders for balance I think.
BBCS2's burst system doesn't work like that anymore, but it's still a fair trade nonetheless. You lose half guard primes (round down) for 1 burst. Seeing how offensive oriented the game has become, it's still put you in dangerous situation.
Old 2011-08-02, 02:27   Link #35
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Not to mention how useful it is to save bursts for other rounds and how you can bait bursts or use burst-safe setups for a really strong punish. I heard that you couldn't do this with MK9's breakers, which is somewhat disappointing, but I don't know enough about the game to judge it on that.

I agree with what you guys are saying about needing to tone them down, though. I don't really enjoy watching MVC3 anymore because of XF3, DP, and Wolverine to a lesser degree.

Spark was amazing. I was so excited after that. The only thing that topped it for me was Latif and Poongko beating Daigo.
Old 2011-08-02, 03:40   Link #36
Demongod86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Yeah X-Factor Level 3 and Phoenix really need toning down. Like cut the damage by either of the two at least in half level toning down. Maybe a 1/3 cut on damage for DP since even getting her out can be considered an achievement at times. When you can kill a character in 2-3 moves and turn a whole match around with almost zero effort and genuine clutch play there's a huge huge problem. There needs to be some chance at recovery.

XF3 DP wiping an entire team is beyond fair. If you let your opponent have 5 bars and kill off his other two characters and then kill Phoenix instead of running for the rest of the round, what more do you want? Your opponent took a massive risk by playing a character that dies if you sneeze on her. It's called a tradeoff of risk and reward. Don't be salty if your opponent correctly mitigated his risks.
Old 2011-08-02, 03:46   Link #37
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Grats on showing you didn't even watch Top 32. Maybe put your MK9 pom poms down and actually watch something instead of basing your opinion on a trolling tweet from Arturo "Sabin" Sanchez.

Top 32 breakdown

5 - Fei Long, Yun
4 - Sagat
2 - C.Viper, Akuma, Makoto, Zangief, Dhalsim, Ryu
1 - Juri, Ken, Rufus, Adon, Guy.

5 Fei Longs... lets not act like Mago isn't a top 5 player worldwide or that Fuudo isn't the second best Fei Long in Japan (and he was the second best Ryu in Japan for SFIV). The french players Evans and Starnab are top 5 in Europe as well.

Oh yeah, notice that Yang a Top 3 character in the game couldn't even break the Top 32.

Quote:
X-Factor is getting normalized and the length of time is being reduced (so now Wolverine with Level 1 X-Factor can't kill 2 characters...). Phoenix can no longer do more than one action in the air... now you can fireball, fireball, fireball, teleport... from UMVC3 onwards you can only fireball or teleport... Also you can now TAC left to deplete hyper meter, Shuma has an air throw that takes meter and Morrigan can combo into Soul Fist done with S to steal 1/3 of a bar... Wolverine is getting nerfed.. and they added a swiss cheese move so people that mash out his attacks can't play him anymore.

You know not every game has to get balanced every 2 weeks like Mortal Kombat 9, I really don't have to mention how Kung Lao dominated the start of that game, and he still won Evo anyway.... Or should I post the opinions of top players like Tom Brady (who Neverrealm got in to test the game) not being happy with how much patching is going on.
Old 2011-08-02, 13:11   Link #38
Demongod86

Honestly from the sounds of it UMvC3 sounds so much crappier than regular MvC3. Only one action in the air for Phoenix? How do the devs expect her to survive then? The idea of meter depletion = bye bye Phoenix, never ever seen again. And I can't believe people think Wolvie's level 1 XF is too much. Also, adding a bad move so people screw up their inputs? Think that's going to affect the pros? Not at all.

Wow...epic fail @ Capcom.
Old 2011-08-02, 15:06   Link #39
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
XF3 DP wiping an entire team is beyond fair. If you let your opponent have 5 bars and kill off his other two characters and then kill Phoenix instead of running for the rest of the round, what more do you want? Your opponent took a massive risk by playing a character that dies if you sneeze on her. It's called a tradeoff of risk and reward. Don't be salty if your opponent correctly mitigated his risks.
Except it's stupidly easy to build meter in this game. Assuming you don't get perfected, you'll always bring in your third character with 5 bars. There's a reason no one tried to run away in Evo: It doesn't work anymore. Phoenix is a versatile enough character even without Dark Phoenix that she can manage to catch you and do quite a bit of damage, and now players are good enough that they can take advantage of this as opposed to before.

Honestly, I'm glad they're doing all of this to Phoenix. I just think that what she does to everyone's playstyles (A MILLION SNAPBACKS so she can sit in the air and just air fireball until she can tag out again) and the game in general offsets anything she adds to the game.
Old 2011-08-02, 15:53   Link #40
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
Not to mention how useful it is to save bursts for other rounds and how you can bait bursts or use burst-safe setups for a really strong punish. I heard that you couldn't do this with MK9's breakers, which is somewhat disappointing, but I don't know enough about the game to judge it on that.

I agree with what you guys are saying about needing to tone them down, though. I don't really enjoy watching MVC3 anymore because of XF3, DP, and Wolverine to a lesser degree.

Spark was amazing. I was so excited after that. The only thing that topped it for me was Latif and Poongko beating Daigo.
Spark's mind reading is overpowered...
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fighting game, tournament