AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-11-03, 11:47   Link #2081
Tim yy
SS Abysmal Gale

Now my simple question is, is it possible thanatonium is mined and processed in space....like uhmm..Gundanium? What's supplying Kongo with raw material right now definitely are those Torri gates from outer space.
Tim yy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-04, 00:06   Link #2082
Nagakun
The One who Peek

I wonder that too... it could be process from the earth itself with the mineral which maybe from deep sea and not the space?
Old 2014-11-04, 03:39   Link #2083
DLRevan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim yy View Post
err..sorry, but is the official chapter out on crunchyroll yet? I'm having problems accessing that site right now.
It is, though its terrible. I find it hard to believe that scans can have higher quality and less artifacting than CR's release, which is supposedly using the original manuscript.

And its like nobody at CR bothered to QC the release on their own reader, a multiple two page spreads in the manga are split up in CR's reader's two page spread option.

AND page 29 is missing, that page is half the spread showing Kongou's equipment, the one you originally posted, Tim. If you hadn't posted that spoiler, I would have no idea just what Kongou was doing.
DLRevan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-04, 04:06   Link #2084
Nagakun
The One who Peek

maybe some one can tell those to the CR?

in any cases, can someone tell me what Kongo want again? Cos I want to understand what other think of her as reference (=w= ||)

I don't think she just plainly create vessel for nothing..
Old 2014-11-04, 04:21   Link #2085
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Now my simple question is, is it possible thanatonium is mined and processed in space....like uhmm..Gundanium? What's supplying Kongo with raw material right now definitely are those Torri gates from outer space.
Now that you posted that, I have this weird image in my head of special alloy (Thanatonium) produced and manufactured in space by the chibi-versions of the Flagships instead of old-weird professors like in Gundam Wing .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagakun View Post
in any cases, can someone tell me what Kongo want again? Cos I want to understand what other think of her as reference (=w= ||)
She wants Iona. She wants her real bad .
Old 2014-11-04, 04:43   Link #2086
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagakun View Post

I don't think she just plainly create vessel for nothing..
ATM she want to destroy I 401 to show that the Fleet of Fog is still something to fear, i suppose she's going to zerg I 401 with a huge numbers of drone ship/submarine
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-04, 08:20   Link #2087
Tim yy
SS Abysmal Gale

unlike ARR before, the CR translators never translated the extra Fog Theatre panel. I mean that's a complete and interesting story too....we got none of it for the past how many month now?

I really wonder how a page can just drop out during the translation process, I mean, they got days to check?
Old 2014-11-05, 07:24   Link #2088
DLRevan

Quote:
unlike ARR before, the CR translators never translated the extra Fog Theatre panel. I mean that's a complete and interesting story too....we got none of it for the past how many month now?

I really wonder how a page can just drop out during the translation process, I mean, they got days to check?
Possibly because there is no text on that page. Still, hardly excusable though.
Old 2014-11-05, 10:21   Link #2089
Tim yy
SS Abysmal Gale

Yeah, I think there are few errors here and there but in general it got the point across.
Iona said "the long we staying in this area, the more dangerous it become for us" nor the other way around, since Kongo by all means want to exhaust 401 out for as much as possible before making the kill.

I think if we can get some discussions started that would be nice, so many new development in the last few chapters and we barely got into any discussions by far.

Start with a funny one, why would Hiei used THAT much effort and snipped I-401's detection floater with her SCG? or is she saying "if you poke your head out, you die?"

I thought submarine are not very effective in countering submarines in a real warfare, so why is Kongo resorting this this strategy?
Old 2014-11-05, 11:08   Link #2090
DLRevan

Quote:
Start with a funny one, why would Hiei used THAT much effort and snipped I-401's detection floater with her SCG? or is she saying "if you poke your head out, you die?"

I thought submarine are not very effective in countering submarines in a real warfare, so why is Kongo resorting this this strategy?
It's a statement, about the amount of resources Kongou's fleet has to throw at I-401. It also doesn't seem to be as much of a burden for Hiei to fire her SGC compared to other ships....if that sniper mode SCG is a set of special equipment, perhaps she has been configured to handle SGC firings better?

About submarine warfare...yes and no. A ship always works from a disadvantage since the sub will almost always be able to identify and 'hear' it, but not so for subs. Subs are in turn very vulnerable once 'caught'. But in this kind of warfare with the technology they're using...numbers count more I think.
Old 2014-11-05, 11:15   Link #2091
DerGilga
Banned

A dumb question on my part:
Quote:
Iona said "the long we staying in this area, the more dangerous it become for us" nor the other way around, since Kongo by all means want to exhaust 401 out for as much as possible before making the kill.
I agree on this part and this what I don't understand, why doesn't Iona simply run away? Their goal is to break through the blockade und not to sink Kongou. So why not run away und fight another day?
DerGilga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-05, 11:49   Link #2092
Tim yy
SS Abysmal Gale

Kongo opened up her blockade purposely only in this region to set a trap for 401, 401's plan originally was to choose from making a run for it or to save Takao. Even though they managed to save Takao, but I think 401 lost some momentum from incident and now they are forced to engage Kongo. I'm also not sure how effective 401 will be if she was to lead Kongo's fleet into a chase, but surely with Hakugie and the two SCG-supplement vessels tugging behind them, they will not fare far.
Old 2014-11-05, 12:19   Link #2093
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

So Kongo becomes some mothership that creates fog ships.....
I have no idea what to say.
Old 2014-11-05, 12:21   Link #2094
DerGilga
Banned

I remember Kongou opening the blockade so that the military could invade Iwo Jima, but not to create a trap for 401. Also Kongou seems quite stationary right now, so a chase should be in 401 favor.
DerGilga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-05, 18:01   Link #2095
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

You have to note that all big Fog ship are able to go under the water, it just IIRC stop them from using their kinetic weapon, Fog subs seems to be more for stealth and recon.
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-05, 22:41   Link #2096
Nagakun
The One who Peek

Only thing, Kongo way too obsess with Iona... Using a mother ship to chase a sub.. plus that OP beam of her..

unless it like Kongo wanna foreplay 401 till she satisfied... (=x= ||)
Old 2014-11-05, 23:06   Link #2097
Tenzen12

Wrong Kongou. This one would do same (or at least of same level) in order fight anything that would prove itself be legitimate threat. As long as it's to maintain blockade she will crush anything, anyone and for any cost.

It's only half personal.
Old 2014-11-06, 05:12   Link #2098
DLRevan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Wrong Kongou. This one would do same (or at least of same level) in order fight anything that would prove itself be legitimate threat. As long as it's to maintain blockade she will crush anything, anyone and for any cost.

It's only half personal.
Better to say its simply not personal at all. I doubt it ever be unless Kongou feels like she directly lost to Iona. She definitely doesn't like to lose.

It may seem like she's putting a lot of effort into destroying I-401....but that is her character. No doing things half-way.

Also, don't forget that I-401 has sunk numerous subs.....destroyers.....cruisers.....battleships.. ...and a Fleet Flagship. Any less effort exerted by Kongou and co. may actually be inappropriate.

Last edited by DLRevan; 2014-11-06 at 06:14.
Old 2014-11-10, 03:03   Link #2099
Nagakun
The One who Peek

Kongou might have just want to Iroha for good since she is a big threat to them. I agree that for a sub, 401 had destroyed many with her crew..
Old 2014-11-11, 22:03   Link #2100
DLRevan

With a healthy dollop of closet egotism in the mix. I-401 is just in the way.

Tags
action, comedy, sci-fi, seinen