AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

Old 2009-04-27, 05:00   Link #1201
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
I think what he means is like drawing a parallel between events in the game to those in our own history.

Off the top of my head it would be like comparing the Darcens are Europa to the Jews in a post-WWI to post-WWII era such as concentration and forced labor camps and being used as a scape goat for various short comings.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-27, 15:30   Link #1202
Runty

On a completely different subject, I think that since we're doing so much for Valkyria already, how's about we start doing things for its Wikipedia articles?

Just a thought...
Runty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 15:38   Link #1203
lightbringer
M9000

There's already a list of anime episodes and a list of characters. Apart from adding anime-only characters once they appear, what more would you add? If those lists get any longer than they are, it will just be fancruft (of which there is a lot on Wikipedia, admittedly).
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-06, 02:44   Link #1204
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Well, VC's page over at TV Tropes.org may need a character sheet, and it is a lot more casual than Wiki.
Old 2009-05-06, 17:10   Link #1205
KomodoPanda

I don't write often in this forum, i just wanted to tell that i'm really happy this anime is getting this much love

I played the ps3 game and i loved it from the beginning to the end, i was really enthusiastic when i first heard it was going to have an animated serie. It would seem that some of my favourite side-characters are not in it, but oh well, i so much love the way it is made.
KomodoPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-21, 21:30   Link #1206
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

though one might be confused to the recent episode but some how magic is also going to be involved
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-21, 21:34   Link #1207
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Well, the powers of the Valkyrur are magic, along with advanced technology.
Old 2009-05-31, 11:30   Link #1208
kosmos

I can't believe that they are going to release the anime on DVD, at least that is the only thing announced.
kosmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-31, 12:41   Link #1209
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Why can't you believe it, I wonder?

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-31, 14:17   Link #1210
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Maybe he thinks DVDs are cursed.
Old 2009-05-31, 14:43   Link #1211
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Well, no, I think what he's getting at -- and I totally agree -- is that we thought they would release the series on Blu-Ray, given that this is produced in HD and published by Sony (Aniplex and A-1 Pictures are divisions of Sony Pictures Entertainment) and based on a PS3 game. What better opportunity for them to cross-promote with the PS3, and yet no Blu-Ray announced. Of course, for some strange reason, Sony Pictures Entertainment never releases any of their anime on Blu-Ray. How does that make any sense?

So anyway, yeah, I'm assuming that's what he's referring too, and I'm equally baffled by it.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-31, 16:01   Link #1212
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Tradition is not broken so easily.
Old 2009-05-31, 17:08   Link #1213
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, no, I think what he's getting at -- and I totally agree -- is that we thought they would release the series on Blu-Ray, given that this is produced in HD and published by Sony (Aniplex and A-1 Pictures are divisions of Sony Pictures Entertainment) and based on a PS3 game. What better opportunity for them to cross-promote with the PS3, and yet no Blu-Ray announced. Of course, for some strange reason, Sony Pictures Entertainment never releases any of their anime on Blu-Ray. How does that make any sense?

So anyway, yeah, I'm assuming that's what he's referring too, and I'm equally baffled by it.
well my general thought on this is blu-ray just costs too much atm, I wouldn't even think about purchasing any anime on Blu-ray unless its a feature length movie. Just not worth it.
Hell I don't even but certain types of movies on blu-ray I just stick with huge action blockbusters on blu-ray, comedies and such I just buy on plain old DVD.
Old 2009-05-31, 17:31   Link #1214
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
Tradition is not broken so easily.
Well, you would think that the company that championed the Blu-Ray format and sells the leading player would be somewhat motivated to change the tradition? And this is for an anime based on a PS3 game. It's like they just didn't get the corporate memo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
well my general thought on this is blu-ray just costs too much atm, I wouldn't even think about purchasing any anime on Blu-ray unless its a feature length movie. Just not worth it.
Hell I don't even but certain types of movies on blu-ray I just stick with huge action blockbusters on blu-ray, comedies and such I just buy on plain old DVD.
The thing is, Aniplex is one of the only anime publishers that hasn't jumped on the bandwagon. Geneon, Kadokawa, Media Factory, Bandai, Pony Canyon... all have new anime series releasing on both DVD and Blu-Ray in the next few months. It'd be one thing if no one else was doing it either, but how can Sony be late to their own party? If for no other reason, they should do it just so they can brag about how great Blu-Ray is! (And keep in mind, anime in Japan is sold largely to collector audiences; evidence so far suggests that Blu-Ray releases have been well-received and selling through pretty well.)

The mind reels...
Old 2009-06-01, 15:22   Link #1215
Prongs
Grand Duke of Lolitania

Damn Another Tsunderes!!! Rei... Imouto. aarrrggggh cant stand
Old 2009-06-01, 18:11   Link #1216
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, you would think that the company that championed the Blu-Ray format and sells the leading player would be somewhat motivated to change the tradition? And this is for an anime based on a PS3 game. It's like they just didn't get the corporate memo.
Releasing in paralel might work but I can see going new fancy format first! as a risk with no gain (for them). You might get blurey later after some sales on the DVD version. From a corporate point of view this is the more greedy "get them to buy it twice" aprouch where they only stand to gain. Just my own speculation...
Old 2009-06-01, 21:18   Link #1217
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
Releasing in paralel might work but I can see going new fancy format first! as a risk with no gain (for them). You might get blurey later after some sales on the DVD version. From a corporate point of view this is the more greedy "get them to buy it twice" aprouch where they only stand to gain. Just my own speculation...
Well, yeah -- I certainly would have expected parallel; there are 11 other new shows this season being released in parallel Blu-Ray/DVD. But you're right -- I do sort of suspect they're doing the "buy it twice" thing, which is why it annoys me doubly-so (since there's a chance I will, in fact, buy both). The main reason for my annoyance is that Sony is the last company I would expect as a "hold out", but such are the ways of the world...
Old 2009-06-05, 02:18   Link #1218
Kagedanji
Doughy goodness. I think.

Has anyone yet to bring up the subject of how the Lion's Paw was reduced to a dandelion?
Old 2009-06-05, 03:32   Link #1219
cloner4000

Is Lion's Paw and actual plant? I always thought that it's just another name in VC universe for dandelion.
cloner4000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-05, 09:18   Link #1220
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloner4000 View Post
Is Lion's Paw and actual plant? I always thought that it's just another name in VC universe for dandelion.
It's a real flower.

It grows roughly in central Europe and it goes under the name "Edelweiss" - Noble White in German.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sega