AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Old 2009-10-13, 01:43   Link #1881
mike_s_6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
Thanks to you and Kresphy for the translation. But why do I all of a sudden feel like this movie isn't even a re-telling of the TV series
Marketing?
mike_s_6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-13, 01:45   Link #1882
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_s_6 View Post
Brera?: …what were you looking for?

Sheryl: Listen to my song!
?: I have no doubt, Captain Grace. Surely this time, the Code Q1 that we were looking for is…
Alto: Rankaaaa!

Ozma: This girl, Sheryl Nome, is involved with the 5 people from the Galaxy warship who are suspected of being spies.
Alto: I will fly. Even if say, it’s in a sky for fighting.

Ranka: I want to sing. But will you listen to me? To my song?
Sheryl: I want to sing this specific song for a certain group of people. For people who are staking their life in a far away place right now…
Alto: Whatever happens, you are not alone.
Ozma: Mission Code, Galactic Fairy.
Alto: Sheryl! Ranka!
Ranka: Sheryl!
Sheryl: Go, Ranka!!
Ranka: Yes, I will!

Ranka: Could I perhaps also fly…?
Alto: That can’t be, you are…?!
Ranka: Noo, I can’t do this!

Sheryl: Macross Frontier The False Diva Movie

Sheryl: Listen to my song!
Alto: You are not alone.
Sheryl: Is there no way to save the galaxy?! [not sure if the subject is Sheryl, or someone else. Perhaps it is, "Could I not save the galaxy?!"
Well, seems that Sheryl is *suspected* to be a spy... from what we have here, I'd say "unwitting pawn" is more likely. Phew!
Old 2009-10-13, 01:57   Link #1883
mike_s_6

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Well, seems that Sheryl is *suspected* to be a spy... from what we have here, I'd say "unwitting pawn" is more likely. Phew!
I'd say so too. There's a scene in the trailer where it looks like Sheryl has been dumped, and is being picked up by Brera. I assume that's when Grace told her the truth. So it still follows the original story somehow
mike_s_6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-13, 02:27   Link #1884
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
Thanks to you and Kresphy for the translation. But why do I all of a sudden feel like this movie isn't even a re-telling of the TV series
Isn't this all but confirmed now? I mean in the animage interview Mai posted a link to the first hour has 30-40% new footage and the last hour has 80% new footage. Also the second movie has no trace of the tv series left at all... now people keep saying this only covers the events of the first seven episodes.. (this is just speculation or is it confirmed?) I'm thinking it's more like it goes along the same path as the first 7 episodes with many changes before braking off for good.

Also the shipper in me found your "First seven episodes were Ranka centric" comment a tad funny, I remember how the majority of Ranka fans were acting after episode 7 on here and on blogs All woe is me, can the series like focus on Ranka again for once, and thank god for Brera! lol.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-13, 03:31   Link #1885
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Isn't this all but confirmed now? I mean in the animage interview Mai posted a link to the first hour has 30-40% new footage and the last hour has 80% new footage. Also the second movie has no trace of the tv series left at all... now people keep saying this only covers the events of the first seven episodes.. (this is just speculation or is it confirmed?) I'm thinking it's more like it goes along the same path as the first 7 episodes with many changes before braking off for good.
The whole thing about the movie focusing on the first 7 episodes is still a rumor and should be treated as such, we have no confirmation of it yet. As of right now, I have no idea on what to think about the first movie since they seem to be changing quite a bit, plot-wise (at least more than I thought.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Also the shipper in me found your "First seven episodes were Ranka centric" comment a tad funny, I remember how the majority of Ranka fans were acting after episode 7 on here and on blogs All woe is me, can the series like focus on Ranka again for once, and thank god for Brera! lol.
I think some of you are misinterpreting that post, I actually was not posting that as a "shipper," just a general statement on my part. I mean, episodes 1-4 was mostly about Ranka and episode 5 for the most part is centered around Sheryl while 6 and 7 has a pretty even focus on the 3 main characters, hence my comment about the first 7 episodes featuring a lot of Ranka.

I'm also not saying that more Sheryl is a bad thing and I'm sure I never said it, but simply expressed how they seem to be adding a lot of scenes for Sheryl which led me to believe that they really might just focus on only episodes 1-7.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-13, 04:35   Link #1886
magnuskn

Well, I hadn't considered that they might try to make this movie really it's own work, but it is quite a possibility that they might let the series rest and try to make a series of movies with its own continuity.

Still, as to the motivation for it, it is a bit strange so soon after the TV series.
Old 2009-10-13, 07:48   Link #1887
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

I guess my updated speculation about Sheryl being an "unwitting pawn" is still on track.

Good to know that the childhood friend thing is just speculation. As I've mentioned, it's hard to reconcile with the character backgrounds we've seen in the series. I guess it's more plausible to say that Alto and Ranka have met in high school school. At this point, Ranka would not have known of Alto's kabuki past.
CaptGloval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-13, 08:57   Link #1888
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptGloval View Post
Good to know that the childhood friend thing is just speculation.
Let me repeat myself here, just to clarify for everybody:

THERE IS NO CHILDHOOD FRIEND.

Why?

BECAUSE I MADE THAT SHIT UP.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2009-10-13 at 10:20.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-13, 08:59   Link #1889
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to forgottendiary Send a message via MSN to forgottendiary Send a message via Yahoo to forgottendiary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Let me repeat myself here, just to clarify for everybody:

THERE IS NO CHILDHOOD FRIEND.

Why?

BECAUSE I MADE THAT SHIT UP.

- Tak
Tak-sama, you need to have that in red, bigger font too, would help
Old 2009-10-13, 09:56   Link #1890
glyph

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptGloval View Post
I guess my updated speculation about Sheryl being an "unwitting pawn" is still on track.

Good to know that the childhood friend thing is just speculation. As I've mentioned, it's hard to reconcile with the character backgrounds we've seen in the series. I guess it's more plausible to say that Alto and Ranka have met in high school school. At this point, Ranka would not have known of Alto's kabuki past.
Either that or the movie starts off with Alto already working for SMS, where he should be acquainted with Ranka as his boss' sister, like Mikhail and Luca in the series.
glyph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-13, 13:20   Link #1891
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by glyph View Post
Either that or the movie starts off with Alto already working for SMS, where he should be acquainted with Ranka as his boss' sister, like Mikhail and Luca in the series.
Yeah, that would make the most sense if Alto is already acquainted with Ranka from the beginning of the movie. So I guess that would mean that they're cutting out the way Alto and Ranka met...which I'm not entirely fond of myself Oh well, as long as they deliver a good movie, I'll be a happy camper

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-13, 16:32   Link #1892
Tak

Somehow I fear of a Kiss-Dum treatment.

Yes, that anime was subpar, but it was very Kawamori...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2009-10-13, 16:56   Link #1893
peekaydee
Banned

Yah ok, late to the party, but i just watched the trailer, and wow, does the animation seems all so flashy and top quality? I like it. /now, i just wish a bus hit Ranka in the first mins of the movie, but that is unlikely, so i will just wish she is not as annoying as she is in the series. Wait slim chance there too.

Whatever, point is, let us all peace and enjoy the movie in a few weeks, which seems to have set the bar way too high. Hope it will not let us down. 8)
peekaydee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-13, 20:01   Link #1894
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to forgottendiary Send a message via MSN to forgottendiary Send a message via Yahoo to forgottendiary
Quote:
Originally Posted by peekaydee View Post
/now, i just wish a bus hit Ranka in the first mins of the movie, but that is unlikely, so i will just wish she is not as annoying as she is in the series. Wait slim chance there too.
GODDD I missed these kinds of posts XD
Old 2009-10-13, 20:33   Link #1895
LC
Shocking Pink

Rewatching the trailer, I just noticed something. Little Sheryl had earrings on; didn't Grace give them to her as a teenager on the show...?
Old 2009-10-13, 22:14   Link #1896
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgottendiary View Post
GODDD I missed these kinds of posts XD
Although I don't like Ranka, I wouldn't even approach this level of extremism.

- Tak

Old 2009-10-14, 01:31   Link #1897
magnuskn

Quote:

- Tak
Yeah, I didn't want to invade Poland, either. They forced me into it!
Old 2009-10-14, 06:20   Link #1898
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

- Tak
But awwww it's fun! D:

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Yeah, I didn't want to invade Poland, either. They forced me into it!
I on the other hand, reveled in it!
Old 2009-10-14, 07:10   Link #1899
peekaydee
Banned

Oh i was not really being extremist, i was just raising my expectations from the movie and what my ideal first scene would be :

-Rankass - "ARURO-KUUUN!!!11" /boom, bus.

Then, i would be "fuck yes, this movie is gonna be epic" but yeah, that is unlikely to happen, right?

Also, if i recall, Sheryd had the earrings from her real mom or something? Something like this, rings a bell.
peekaydee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-14, 07:21   Link #1900
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by peekaydee View Post
Oh i was not really being extremist, i was just raising my expectations from the movie and what my ideal first scene would be :

-Rankass - "ARURO-KUUUN!!!11" /boom, bus.

Then, i would be "fuck yes, this movie is gonna be epic" but yeah, that is unlikely to happen, right?

Also, if i recall, Sheryd had the earrings from her real mom or something? Something like this, rings a bell.
Where were you all my life? *shakes hands*

*stitches all over*