AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2016-07-22, 07:55   Link #21
Arkeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKIKAN View Post
I like Liu An as the villain/antagonist/rival and as Shi Mu's uneasy friend too. His insidious methods and how Ming Yue Sect operates in general suck though. You can't trust them at all since they're fanatics with chronic backstabbing disorder.
Yeah, Liu Ann is a fun villain, but you sure as hell can't trust him.
Quote:
I really like Zhong Xiu. A real heroine should just risks everything for the guy like most heroes are required to do. Too bad she got kidnapped, although I bet everyone already expected that since the plot would move harder with how the author is used for writing lone cultivator protagonist.
Well, I found that in Portal of Wonderland Shi Mu is almost never alone, which is really nice. Even in the current arc where he goes at it alone, there is surprise alliance (and inevitable betrayal).
Quote:
I dislike Ximen Xue though. She valued her sect and her ascension to immortal realm than Shi Mu and while it's realistic, I hoped she wouldn't become the main heroine. I just want Shi Mu to forget his stupid vows on their first encounter.
I really like the theme of "I like you, but I can't sacrifice my dream on a simple like", so I really like her, but I can see why you'd prefer Zhong Xiu.

Quote:
I have complex feeling about Jin Xiouchai. What's her motive anyway.
Basically both Ximen Xue and Jin Xiaochai wants the other to be safe/protected, so Jin Xiaochai wanted Shi Mu to be around Ximen Xue to protect her (and hopefully that she wouldn't leave), and Ximen Xue wants the same for Jin Xiaochai.
Quote:
I have no idea what's in Leng Yuetong's mind. She seems like a possible love interest since she said that she's interested in the MC, but her actions are suspicious.
Someone in such a straightforward and honest sect like her wouldn't do anything bad!
Quote:
I hope Luo Yan would become a love interest.
Luo Yan? Is that the Fire Princess, or is that Silk?
Quote:
I completely forgot about the first girl. I hope we'll see her again.
Clam Saint is fun yeah, and I'm hoping she doesn't get put on the side.
Arkeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-22, 12:14   Link #22
AKIKAN
Some Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkeus View Post
Well, I found that in Portal of Wonderland Shi Mu is almost never alone, which is really nice. Even in the current arc where he goes at it alone, there is surprise alliance (and inevitable betrayal).
Han Li and Liu Ming also traveled with companions for short period, and somehow separated from them too often to count. In that sense Shi Mu is the same as them. He's mostly alone not counting his pets.

Quote:
I really like the theme of "I like you, but I can't sacrifice my dream on a simple like", so I really like her, but I can see why you'd prefer Zhong Xiu.
Then hopefully she wouldn't expect Shi Mu to help her. I'm not that upset that she didn't abandon her right for immortal ascension for Shi Mu like Zhong Xiu but she even refused to do anything at all, not even expressed any doubt about her own sect accusing Shi Mu. Even Jin Xiaochai tried to reach Shi Mu. She treated his peril as some sort of obstacle.

Quote:
Basically both Ximen Xue and Jin Xiaochai wants the other to be safe/protected, so Jin Xiaochai wanted Shi Mu to be around Ximen Xue to protect her (and hopefully that she wouldn't leave), and Ximen Xue wants the same for Jin Xiaochai.
Jin Xiaochai seemed like she was psycho lesbian who was jealous and insecured at Shimen Xue's feeling to Shi Mu at first. There was also that elder's comment about her taste and her interest in Ke-Er then. Somehow the author changed her into someone else...

Quote:
Someone in such a straightforward and honest sect like her wouldn't do anything bad!
Leng Yuetong's action when she was searching Shi Mu's then residence was suspicious as hell. It was then that Shi Mu started to be wary of her, so do I.

Quote:
Luo Yan? Is that the Fire Princess, or is that Silk?
Silk of Smoke. I actually have no idea who the fire princess is. Is she the princess accompanied Shi Mu during the barbarian arc or the one mentioned by Shimen Yue as her rival (or was that the rainbow bitch princess?). Or are they the same person?

Quote:
Clam Saint is fun yeah, and I'm hoping she doesn't get put on the side.
She's the first girl in the story though, with her talent appearing once in ten thousands years. I doubt she'd disappear from the story. She has a lot in common with Jia Lan (also sort of first girl in DD) especially being from the sea tribe.
AKIKAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-22, 13:37   Link #23
Arkeus

Quote:
Han Li and Liu Ming also traveled with companions for short period, and somehow separated from them too often to count. In that sense Shi Mu is the same as them. He's mostly alone not counting his pets.
I didn't have this impression? It feels like Shi Mu almost always is with someone in every arc, though yeah, Liu Ming and Han Li also had friends, Liu Ming always felt like he was being separated from them more.

Maybe I'll change my mind later, I'm being optimistic.

Quote:
Jin Xiaochai seemed like she was psycho lesbian who was jealous and insecured at Shimen Xue's feeling to Shi Mu at first. There was also that elder's comment about her taste and her interest in Ke-Er then. Somehow the author changed her into someone else...
Possibly, though I think this was more of a "she was testing Shi Mu" thing.

Quote:
Leng Yuetong's action when she was searching Shi Mu's then residence was suspicious as hell. It was then that Shi Mu started to be wary of her, so do I.
Sorry, I was being sarcastic. And Iirc Shi Mu became suspicious of her basically the first day.
Quote:
Silk of Smoke. I actually have no idea who the fire princess is. Is she the princess accompanied Shi Mu during the barbarian arc or the one mentioned by Shimen Yue as her rival (or was that the rainbow bitch princess?). Or are they the same person?
Fire Princess was the one in Barbarian Arc yeah, and I am pretty sure they aren't the same person.

Quote:
She's the first girl in the story though, with her talent appearing once in ten thousands years. I doubt she'd disappear from the story. She has a lot in common with Jia Lan (also sort of first girl in DD) especially being from the sea tribe.
Well, technically first woman in DD is mhu zing or whatever the girl who never became a spiritual apostle was named.

But yeah, she does have some similiraties to Jian Lan, though definitely not power wise.
Old 2016-07-25, 18:36   Link #24
AKIKAN
Some Member

Spoiler for Shocking Devlopment with Liu An:

BTW, could the coffin with golden hair person in recent chapter be the object that dropped from the sky to the ocean in the prologue? I don't think the one inside it is the white monkey king so I guess it's probably his enemy.
Old 2016-07-26, 02:09   Link #25
elroid

Who is this Luo Yan or Silk of Smoke? or do you guys meant Yan Luo the skeleton?

Quote:
Then hopefully she wouldn't expect Shi Mu to help her. I'm not that upset that she didn't abandon her right for immortal ascension for Shi Mu like Zhong Xiu but she even refused to do anything at all, not even expressed any doubt about her own sect accusing Shi Mu. Even Jin Xiaochai tried to reach Shi Mu. She treated his peril as some sort of obstacle.
To be fair, Shi Mu still has not became her real lover yet and at most he only made her to be interested in him. The importance of him in her heart is still not that big yet compared to Zhong Xiu's which experienced lots of things together before. Jin Xiao Chai case was probably because Shi Mu was her only method to hope that Ximen Xue wouldnt leave

For now I think Zhong Xiu is gonna disappear for veryyy long time since the person abducted her kinda mentioned she is from a much higher plane so thats gonna take very long time for them reunite again.

Last edited by elroid; 2016-07-26 at 02:19.
elroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-26, 04:08   Link #26
AKIKAN
Some Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elroid View Post
Who is this Luo Yan or Silk of Smoke? or do you guys meant Yan Luo the skeleton?
Yes, she's Yan Luo. I mistakenly swapped her names. I have no idea why the translator used Silk of Smoke as her name in the translated version though.

Quote:
To be fair, Shi Mu still has not became her real lover yet and at most he only made her to be interested in him. The importance of him in her heart is still not that big yet compared to Zhong Xiu's which experienced lots of things together before. Jin Xiao Chai case was probably because Shi Mu was her only method to hope that Ximen Xue wouldnt leave
I just can't stand her becoming the main love interest with just that encounter. Ximen Xue reminded me a bit of the main heroines in RMJI and DD but I just don't like her like the other two women.
Jin Xiaochai gave me a complexed feeling. I'm not too sure of her true motive but she seemed like a misandric lesbian to me at first.

Quote:
For now I think Zhong Xiu is gonna disappear for veryyy long time since the person abducted her kinda mentioned she is from a much higher plane so thats gonna take very long time for them reunite again.
She's my favorite, probably most favorite among the three web novels from Wang Yu, considering that the romance in RMJI is akward due to the female cunningness and DD had romance resolved randomly.
Old 2016-07-26, 05:19   Link #27
elroid

For now, Ximen Xue is only Shi Mu's one sided crush and all Shi Mu managed to do was making her acknowledge him so it is reasonable for what happened. And yeah, for most part before Shi Mu became wanted, I always had many conspiracy thought about Jin Xiao Chai too, since her first entrance made her looked like an evil and cruel person and then later than lesbian implying scene... reading DD made me thought her approach on Shi Mu was so that she will snatch his body after he is well developed. (DD always had that body snatching crisis on mc)

Quote:
She's my favorite, probably most favorite among the three web novels from Wang Yu, considering that the romance in RMJI is akward due to the female cunningness and DD had romance resolved randomly.
didnt read author's first novel but she sure does more than DD's heroines. in DD most heroines dont do much after their own arcs because of all that separating and also those dimension crisis...
Old 2016-07-26, 09:37   Link #28
AKIKAN
Some Member

Quote:
For now, Ximen Xue is only Shi Mu's one sided crush and all Shi Mu managed to do was making her acknowledge him so it is reasonable for what happened. And yeah, for most part before Shi Mu became wanted, I always had many conspiracy thought about Jin Xiao Chai too, since her first entrance made her looked like an evil and cruel person and then later than lesbian implying scene... reading DD made me thought her approach on Shi Mu was so that she will snatch his body after he is well developed. (DD always had that body snatching crisis on mc)
I never thought that far. But Jin Xiaochai surely appeared as an insidous woman to me, add in the fact that she's probably a lesbian given her taste in Ke-Er and Shimen Xue (wow, she probably slept with many women before given how that elder knew about her taste) make me worried about the future.
Spoiler for Fure development:

Quote:
didnt read author's first novel but she sure does more than DD's heroines. in DD most heroines dont do much after their own arcs because of all that separating and also those dimension crisis...
The dimension crisis/accidental teleportation/secret realm entrance in DD happened too many times I got tired of it.
Old 2016-07-26, 09:39   Link #29
Arkeus

Quote:
Spoiler for Shocking Devlopment with Liu An:
I was expecting him to stay a while longer yeah, though him escaping conveniently would have been annoying.
Quote:
BTW, could the coffin with golden hair person in recent chapter be the object that dropped from the sky to the ocean in the prologue? I don't think the one inside it is the white monkey king so I guess it's probably his enemy.
Honestly, the whole Coffin thing made me think he is a higher-level from Liu Ann's sect that woke up upon feel the Fall Sendai being used.

Quote:
What's wrong with women cunningness

Also, WTF, 'that bitch'? Jio Xaochai has been super super good to Shi Mu so far, much more than Shi Mu was to her. You are being harsh. Also, way to overly read into a comment about "those tastes" when we don't know what it referred or even if the guy saying this wasn't just an idiot.
Quote:

The thing that makes me feel Zhang Xiu does more is that while Sword Body and then Yan Tien Mei and Jian Lan did a lot once they were introduced, the closer in power to them Liu Ming was the less they did, until it felt they were just not really relevant for solving plots and most of their agencies had been drained away. At least they did have a few good arcs where they did things though, while Xanxia usually doesn't even give that.

OTOH, Zhang Xiu, Ximen Xue, Jiao Xaochai, Yan Luo, Clam Girl... They all seem to be doing more as time goes.
First time seeing Clam Girl she wasn't even doing that much, but second time she was participating well, saved the MC's life, then began her own plot to take over the world.

Zhang Xiu begins as the typical damstrel in distress with a powerful bloodline, except that after that she purposefully goes on quests to save the MC's life and is constantly growing stronger at an almost-even pace with the MC. Somewhat Ressembling Jian Lan there, except that Jian Lan never actually seemed to have much agency after her initial plot began, and never actually seemed to go out of her way to try to protect the MC.

Jiao Xiaochai also begins with her own plot, but her plot necessitate her to constantly help the MC, and she becomes more of a co-plotter with him and feels responsible for him, which is lots of fun.

Ximen Xue is basically "Yeah, I kinda like you, but I'm not going to throw away my future just because you are cute", which is frikking great, and I love it.

Yan Luo, I think, is perhaps the best: she begins significantly weaker than the MC, quickly outstrip him, constantly saves his life as she 'grows' without his help, then inadvertently get insulted and change their relationship into a business one. All the while leader epic conquests on the side.

It's.... pretty damn a much better cast for women that is usual in the genre.

Last edited by Arkeus; 2016-07-26 at 10:05.
Old 2016-07-26, 14:37   Link #30
AKIKAN
Some Member

Quote:
Honestly, the whole Coffin thing made me think he is a higher-level from Liu Ann's sect that woke up upon feel the Fall Sendai being used.
It's the most possible conclusion. Shi Mu wouldn't be able to do anything against someone from the higher realm in that world anyway.

Quote:
What's wrong with women cunningness
Some of the interesting female characters in the previous novels were too calculating and the MC were too distrustful of them to involve himself yet encountered them and have to help them multiple times. Then my favorite characters who literally got f**ked by the MC by plot device yet remain in unexpectedly good term to him because of their own noble mind didn't get picked...
I felt really satisfied to what Liu Ming did to that puppet emperor Qing Ling though. That treacherous hypocrite with severe backstabbing disorder who hated being betrayed herself...

Quote:
Also, WTF, 'that bitch'? Jio Xaochai has been super super good to Shi Mu so far, much more than Shi Mu was to her. You are being harsh. Also, way to overly read into a comment about "those tastes" when we don't know what it referred or even if the guy saying this wasn't just an idiot.
The "bitch" I mentioned isn't Jin Xiaochai although I suspect her to become one. I mean many arrogant female characters especially those in MGA whom Chu Feng raped instead of killed, only for that bastard to feel guilt later.
I never trust Jin Xiaochai. We saw her suspicious actions but we had no idea what she was thinking. I wouldn't be so sure that all the good things she had done to Shi Mu so far wouldn't have any insidous intentions afterwards. She definitely had ulterior motives in helping Shi Mu because of Shimen Xue, maybe she'd have more hidden agenda besides preventing Shimen Xue to ascend immortal ceremony.
I wouldn't think that what that elder said was all BS though. Jin Xiaochai had absuloutely no business with Ke-Er since they were in different sects and shouldn't have much relation. Well, we didn't hear anything about that after so far.
What upset me even more is that there hasn't been any demonic practitioner (mogong) love interest in the novels. The closest was Yao Yuan (maybe that's her name) in RMJI but she sort of disappeared later. Then in DD we have devil princess (true devil) which is my most favorite girl in DD but then she chose to rule her own empire and gave up on Liu Ming instead. I always want a demoness heroine but I'm not positive about Jin Xiaochai at all.

Quote:
Ximen Xue is basically "Yeah, I kinda like you, but I'm not going to throw away my future just because you are cute", which is frikking great, and I love it.
Well, she was biased towards her own sect and didn't even bothered to criticize or investigate the matter regarding Shi Mu even if she knew Shi Mu came to the city instead of his main sect just to meet her and his involvement with Liu An should be misunderstanding.
I also dislike Shimen Xue the moment Shi Mu swore his love to her and promised to marry her while swearing how he'd be torn into pieces if he didn't do so. Wouldn't he be f**ked if he didn't fulfill the unnecessary promise? What was so great about her?

Quote:
It's.... pretty damn a much better cast for women that is usual in the genre.
Yes, they are much better compared to female cast in DD.
Old 2016-07-26, 15:00   Link #31
Arkeus

Quote:
I felt really satisfied to what Liu Ming did to that puppet emperor Qing Ling though. That treacherous hypocrite with severe backstabbing disorder who hated being betrayed herself...
The puppet emperor from the southern desert or whatever? I haven't finished DD -made a pause when he arrives in the Demon Continent (not the ghost realm)- but so far she seemed like pretty damn cool.

You are making me worried as she was one of my favorite character.
Old 2016-07-26, 18:11   Link #32
AKIKAN
Some Member

Quote:
The puppet emperor from the southern desert or whatever? I haven't finished DD -made a pause when he arrives in the Demon Continent (not the ghost realm)- but so far she seemed like pretty damn cool.

You are making me worried as she was one of my favorite character.
Sorry for spoiling you, I thought you already finished reading DD.
But yeah, remember how she hated the puppet that betrayed her? That puppet of hers probably got her personality.

What demon continent? Yaozu or mozu? Since you mentioned the ghost realm then I supposed it's mozu. Damn! I already spoiled you about the best girl long ago then.
Old 2016-07-26, 23:36   Link #33
elroid

imo i kinda liked Qing Ling as a successful villain because her schemes were hidden for a very long time and managed to gain Liu Ming's trust after so many help obtained from her before she reveals her real identity. In some perspective, she would still continue to be his ally if he didnt get into demon continent and let her know that he would be a good chesspiece for her plot there. Her last arc kinda ruined her tho
Old 2016-07-27, 04:38   Link #34
Arkeus

Quote:
imo i kinda liked Qing Ling as a successful villain because her schemes were hidden for a very long time and managed to gain Liu Ming's trust after so many help obtained from her before she reveals her real identity. In some perspective, she would still continue to be his ally if he didnt get into demon continent and let her know that he would be a good chesspiece for her plot there.
That's super cool, and I guess I should read the demon continent arc.

I was just really miffed about yet another random teleport destroying all the plans. He was going to come back to the human continent too by that super boat
Quote:
Her last arc kinda ruined her tho
That's a pity

EDIT:

Oh Goddamit Shi Mu, be careful for a bit
Old 2016-07-27, 14:57   Link #35
pedrojames

hey guys, i would like to know whats shi mu reaction after the situation with ximen xue ? ximen xue already went to another realm ? and the mc ?he give up on her ? in the last raws whos the heroine most close to our mc ? and what happened with the skeleton ( im in the translated chapters) ? thanks in advance
pedrojames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-30, 04:33   Link #36
Arkeus

Yan Luo continues to be damn fun, that's good
Old 2016-08-02, 14:27   Link #37
Sizaki

When does Shi mu reach Xiantian saint realm or whatever?
Sizaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-03, 13:02   Link #38
Arkeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizaki View Post
When does Shi mu reach Xiantian saint realm or whatever?
Shortly after he leaves his sect again after he comes back from the Barbarian lands.
Old 2016-08-03, 13:16   Link #39
Sizaki

Quote:
Shortly after he leaves his sect again after he comes back from the Barbarian lands.
Oh, that's pretty soon, like chapter 170 or something?
Sizaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-04, 07:30   Link #40
Arkeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizaki View Post
Oh, that's pretty soon, like chapter 170 or something?
A bit more I think.

Also, I quite like that whenever Shi Mu gets to another continent/whatever, it's actually him wanting to get there with goals and everything, and not RANDOM INTERRUPT.