AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2016-04-30, 19:27   Link #1221
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

got m absentee ballot today. plan to sent my hillary vote in on monday.
Old 2016-05-01, 01:57   Link #1222
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Well Obama did a bit of poking fun at all candidate, and yeah it sorta hilarious

Old 2016-05-01, 02:17   Link #1223
ImperialPanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
in school districts with low income, less well funded and lots of non-English speaking students the score would seem like it came form a 3rd world country.
Although the issue is not funding, as that statement might suggest. No school district in the US is funded like a 3rd world country. In fact, once federal funding is included, a majority of high-poverty districts actually receive more money than low-poverty districts.
Old 2016-05-01, 04:35   Link #1224
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
Our education system is mediocre when ranked against other developed nations. I'm not sure what level of math your friends are referring to. My point is less about math as a broader subject and more about financial literacy. Millions of teenagers took out loans they had no reason to expect to be able to pay back because the government all but guarantees approval, and because American culture has fetishized college degrees and white collar jobs.

Meanwhile, I own a property development company and all of my subcontractors are immigrants making six figures plus because they don't have this snobbish (and totally misguided) disdain for blue collar work. I think vocational schools should be more properly funded and encouraged as a sensible option for finding a career.
I agree. I can't stand people that look down on others for having a skilled profession. I mean, it's called "skilled labor" for a reason! Did you know that welders make approximately $65 per hour on average? It's because the US at large disdains anything that would be remotely considered blue collar (like mechanics, plumbers, welders, etc., the list goes on). Just because those people didn't go to graduate school doesn't mean they're stupid. If anything, they were smart for taking jobs that no one else wanted, and because skilled labor is in higher demand than supply, they make a very good living in many cases and fulfill a much-needed void in the job market.

I'm actually thinking of attending a vocational school myself after I get a bachelor's or associate's degree in computer network administration in order to have practical skills in addition to academic skills. Being able to show potential employers that you can DO not just THINK is more important than you can imagine, regardless if you have a degree or not.
Old 2016-05-02, 08:56   Link #1225
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Clinton fundraising leaves little for state parties

Quote:
The Democratic front-runner says she's raising big checks to help state committees, but they've gotten to keep only 1 percent of the $60 million raised.
Comment from the guy who linked it
Quote:
In the truly Karl-Rovian fashion Bernie's strength became his weakness - he doesn't raise money for down-ballot Dems, He's selfish and doesn't care about the party. Rachel Maddow in particular became a primary pusher of this argument. She made 4 or 5 segments on her show lauding Clinton for raising money for state parties and asking 'When will Bernie do the same? He's rolling in money but he doesn't share it...'. When a day before NY primary Sanders campaign started questioning this scam, the headlines became 'Sanders accuses Clinton of violating the rules' - Oh, poor little Hillary, big bad Bernie makes crazy accusations against her...
Old 2016-05-03, 19:44   Link #1226
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Upcoming in the Republican Primary after Lyin' Ted dropped out: Trump vs 1-47, aka. "4th in 2-man race".
Old 2016-05-03, 20:04   Link #1227
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
Upcoming in the Republican Primary after Lyin' Ted dropped out: Trump vs 1-47, aka. "4th in 2-man race".
If Kasich drop out, will all of GOP primary end immediately?
Old 2016-05-03, 20:18   Link #1228
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

There's not much possibility for anyone else that Trump to be the GOP candidate now, not than any other candidate be any good anyway.
Old 2016-05-03, 20:21   Link #1229
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Talk about being a massive quitter, Ted Cruz just showed that.
Old 2016-05-03, 21:32   Link #1230
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Fiona is going to history as the shortest vice-president candidacy through
Old 2016-05-03, 23:12   Link #1231
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Fiona is going to history as the shortest vice-president candidacy through
It's hilarious and was completely expected by anyone paying attention.
Old 2016-05-03, 23:28   Link #1232
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
It's hilarious and was completely expected by anyone paying attention.
I secretly hoped that Cruz would break down so much that he would, after losing Indiana, decide to announce his whole cabinet.
Old 2016-05-03, 23:55   Link #1233
IceHism

Now I hope Kasich announces his vp.

The debates between trump and Clinton will be legendary
Old 2016-05-04, 00:46   Link #1234
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
I secretly hoped that Cruz would break down so much that he would, after losing Indiana, decide to announce his whole cabinet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
Now I hope Kasich announces his vp.

The debates between trump and Clinton will be legendary
I've been seeing those questions posed and you would expect something like this in a 70's comedy not in a 2016 election. Yet here we are.

Fact is stranger than fiction.
Old 2016-05-04, 02:36   Link #1235
Brother Coa
Banned

Does Bernie have any chance left to win nomination for Democrats?

Or will super delagates decide everything in the end?

If that is the case ( money buys everything ) Trump will become next president as he surely have much more money than Clintons combined.
Old 2016-05-04, 03:01   Link #1236
yulinard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Coa View Post

If that is the case ( money buys everything ) Trump will become next president as he surely have much more money than Clintons combined.
Trump have less money in the game than all establishment combined. So far he spend less compared to others, including Bernie.
Old 2016-05-04, 03:45   Link #1237
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
If Kasich drop out, will all of GOP primary end immediately?
I think the Primaries will continued but with massive drop in participation due to only having one candidate left. It goes back to what generally happens when a sitting president is running for re-election, in that everyone knows he is the only guy for the job but you still need a Primary.
Old 2016-05-04, 11:32   Link #1238
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Coa View Post

The Super Delegate will vote for whoever has the most delegates and/or votes. Or would you prefer the SuperD to overturn the will of the voters?
Old 2016-05-04, 12:07   Link #1239
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
The Super Delegate will vote for whoever has the most delegates and/or votes. Or would you prefer the SuperD to overturn the will of the voters?
At this point the only way I see the superdelegates changing to Sanders is if the FBI knocks on the door of the convention, or if Bernie continues to outperform and can somehow produce the atmosphere where he can claim that he would have won if the superdelegates hadn't given off this air of inevitability of Clinton being the presumptive nominee from the beginning.
Old 2016-05-04, 12:13   Link #1240
GDB

Sounds like Kasich just dropped out too. Less than a day after saying he'd stay in until the end. Guessing he either got threatened with something he didn't want coming to light or was bribed in some way (cabinet position, support in next election, whatever).
Closed Thread

Tags
2016 caucuses, 2016 elections, 2016 primaries, us elections