AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-11-02, 21:45   Link #25521
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

Medaka Box is kinda like Bleach on speed. Enemies show up, set up a stage, boast about their abilities, and then lose.

Lots of comedy as well. Kinda....sorta....ehhhh.....
Old 2014-11-03, 07:43   Link #25522
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach56gs View Post
Medaka Box is kinda like Bleach on speed. Enemies show up, set up a stage, boast about their abilities, and then lose.

It's shonen deconstruction. If you take it seriously you will wind up. Once you know this series true purpose is to make fun of all the shonen topics and cliches, it becomes one of the most enjoyable readings of the last decade. At least to me.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-03, 08:46   Link #25523
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach56gs View Post

Medaka box to me was something i read for a long time before i kinda got tired of it. Medaka was quirky but it needed to stop being medaka and company cause the others werent cool outside of there own arcs

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-04, 00:49   Link #25524
Diggy DaCosta

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiroiRyu:
https://www.facebook.com/editionstonkam?fref=nf
Hey thanks for that FB page link. Am I seeing that right? A 14th volume for R + V coming next month??? That's gonna be the extras?

I see several comments on that pic. Peeps want more R+V.
Diggy DaCosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-04, 01:05   Link #25525
Diggy DaCosta

I was thinking: The girls have often given Tsukune nosebleeds... wouldn't it be funny if he, now chiseled and sculpted, did something to give them one? Including Moka?
How about T-Mac getting duped/roped into posing for some Bishonen (that's the term, right?) model spread where he's posing in designer clothing, including boxers or swim trunks?

Wouldn't center a whole chapter or episode around it, buuuut it'd make a nice episode/chapter ending punch line: Moka walks into the Newspaper Club's room to find ALL the girls passed out on the floor in pools of blood. She's aghast, and frantically searches the room for a potential culprit. Not finding anything, the searches the girls to find no wounds, but blood coming from their noses. Next to one of the girls/in one of the girls' hands (pick one), she sees a magazine open to a certain page. She takes it, looks at it annnnnd cue eyes widening slowly, mouth slowly opening wide, blood trickles from her nostrils - she flips to the next page: T-MAC CERTERFOLD! BOOM! Massive geyser-like nosebleed that stains the walls!

Too much?
Old 2014-11-04, 03:01   Link #25526
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Hnn, same effect could be gotten with a unbuttoned white shirt, black leather pants and Tsukune in Vamp mode with just enough of a smile so that a fang is showing.
Old 2014-11-08, 18:17   Link #25527
Deus Ex
Call me Convel

Since i dunno are links allowed. I'll just say it, the one shot that Ikeda's drawing is out.

It can be read on Batoto.
Deus Ex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-08, 21:43   Link #25528
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Since it's only a oneshot, I'm not going to create a new thread for it... if it gets serialized, then I probably will.

Spoiler for How Far Can you Kill?:

Alas, I love the artwork., but it's going to be the story that ultimately decides this for me... which almost sounds like Kurohime, if anyone remembers that series (good artwork, bad storyline)

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-09, 01:31   Link #25529
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Wow, that was... dark, if not a lil creepy. Reading it at night sure didn't help.

Spoiler for Scary:

And yes, I was all on the Kurohime manga until they went back in time and then... wut. Which is sad cuz I really liked the characters (Sword & Ashura ftw). Seemed like they were just jumping around on what sounded cool week to week.
Old 2014-11-09, 03:46   Link #25530
Alhazad2003

*reads the story*

That was definitely creepy, much darker than Rosario Vampire ever was. Though it's definitely Ikeda's artwork style, be interesting to see if this becomes a full series. But we'll see.
Alhazad2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-09, 04:03   Link #25531
Sagi

I just hope this doesn't become a full series. I rather have Ikeda come up with his own series instead of just being the artist so he can have full control of his own work.
Sagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-09, 09:02   Link #25532
Dj0rel
True Believer

The story of that oneshot is pretty stupid. The art makes it work.
Old 2014-11-09, 11:47   Link #25533
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
I'm in agreement that it doesn't make it passed the oneshot. But if it does, I hope its only a few chapters, and has different characters and situations per chapter, in the style of The Outer Limits sort of way, with no connection between stories.
Old 2014-11-09, 12:39   Link #25534
ShiroiRyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggy DaCosta View Post
Hey thanks for that FB page link. Am I seeing that right? A 14th volume for R + V coming next month??? That's gonna be the extras?

I see several comments on that pic. Peeps want more R+V.
Sorry for the waiting of this answer.
And yes, the last volume will be on December for the french readers !
Old 2014-11-09, 13:33   Link #25535
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

Anyone who knows John Stewart Mill would get a kick out of that little one shot.

I think that this story needs more explaining. You can't really fit something like this into a oneshot, but I think that's what a one shot is supposed to do: piss off the reader so they can demand more and a clearer explanation.

So success? I like it, finally Ikeda's sticking to some dark stuff.
Old 2014-11-09, 13:49   Link #25536
Johnny
Working the bags...

Except that it's not Ikeda's work and he's just doing the art. Story was huge pass for me, but nice to see Ikeda's artwork again...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-09, 14:12   Link #25537
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Except that it's not Ikeda's work and he's just doing the art. Story was huge pass for me, but nice to see Ikeda's artwork again...
I meant it as Ikeda's finally able to follow through with his artistic tendencies towards darker themes, but yeah.

The story is a pass because it's short and unbelievable. I think it's a good one shot in the way how it markets a certain scenario with the promise that "we can make it a longer story and better".

We'll see
Old 2014-12-05, 01:40   Link #25538
Diggy DaCosta

Anyone still alive here? It's December - I got my cup ready for that one last drink of R+V.

I've said it a couple times before, but seriously - in the right American hands (I think it has to be American with our current trend for loving the supernatural) you could market the hell out of these characters and do a reboot... without Americanizing them.
Old 2014-12-05, 04:51   Link #25539
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

A reboot? How? Like what Twilight could have been if it was, you know... good?
Old 2014-12-15, 23:58   Link #25540
Diggy DaCosta

I never watched Twilight and don't care to (lol) because of that. But yes.

Not so coincidentally: have any of you watched MTV's Teen Wolf reboot? It's actually pretty good, and I like the way they've built up Scott's universe and introduced other mythological-type creatures into the fray.

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire