AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-04-02, 23:54   Link #281
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Looking forward to season two so I can finally see some of my favorite characters in action.
Old 2024-04-03, 02:56   Link #282
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Insecurities cultivated over several years don't have to make sense.
In my experience, they usually do make sense. All you gotta do is consider the context that brought about these insecurities.

There is no context that could give rise to the alleged insecurities that were shown in that scene.

Like, why on earth, would a guy gain insecurities about being a weakling after, and only after, not before, becoming a badass? That makes absolutely no sense.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-03, 09:57   Link #283
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
In my experience, they usually do make sense. All you gotta do is consider the context that brought about these insecurities.

There is no context that could give rise to the alleged insecurities that were shown in that scene.

Like, why on earth, would a guy gain insecurities about being a weakling after, and only after, not before, becoming a badass? That makes absolutely no sense.
Him starting to lose steam and losing his life despite how hard he worked to get stronger? I feel like that's sufficient enough.

But he always had those insecurities. It's partially why he's so motivated to get stronger.
Old 2024-04-04, 05:34   Link #284
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Him starting to lose steam and losing his life despite how hard he worked to get stronger? I feel like that's sufficient enough.

But he always had those insecurities. It's partially why he's so motivated to get stronger.
Always? When?
Old 2024-04-04, 07:55   Link #285
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

So it was like the title after all. Everything focused on Jinwoo. I thought by the opening there would be more characters besides the sister and the other girl I don't remember her name. I just hope the MC's personality doesn't change like those commentaries I heard about him going edgelord (his new job....).
Old 2024-04-04, 09:25   Link #286
Frontier

Quote:
Always? When?
Like in episode 2? It's not like he liked being humanit's weakest hunter.
Old 2024-04-06, 05:24   Link #287
Alchemist007
*Author

Highly detailed animation but lacks in story or much characterization.

7/10
Old 2024-04-13, 01:17   Link #288
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Like in episode 2? It's not like he liked being humanit's weakest hunter.
I'm not asking whether or not he liked being the weakest. I'm asking when he had confidence issues.
Old 2024-04-13, 10:29   Link #289
Frontier

Quote:
I'm not asking whether or not he liked being the weakest. I'm asking when he had confidence issues.
Isn't it tied together though? It's because he hated being weak that he had confidence issues.
Old 2024-04-14, 14:56   Link #290
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Idk man. There's a lot of things I don't like, doesn't mean I have confidence issues about them.
Old 2024-04-14, 16:22   Link #291
Frontier

Quote:
Idk man. There's a lot of things I don't like, doesn't mean I have confidence issues about them.
But I feel like he's brought it up enough in his quest to be stronger to indicate he was really self-conscious about it.
Old 2024-04-15, 06:52   Link #292
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

You think that with new powers he has, Jinwoo might revive the people killed in previous episodes? I mean there has to be a big deal with choosing necromancer out of everything the "game" offered
Old 2024-04-15, 17:43   Link #293
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
You think that with new powers he has, Jinwoo might revive the people killed in previous episodes? I mean there has to be a big deal with choosing necromancer out of everything the "game" offered
I don't think there's any bodies left.
Old 2024-04-16, 03:08   Link #294
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
But I feel like he's brought it up enough in his quest to be stronger to indicate he was really self-conscious about it.
"I want to be stronger" and "I will never be stronger" are two entirely different things to think. The latter in particular was never mentioned after he became a player. Whatever that even means because the show explains absolutely nothing. Of course it wasn't mentioned. He can become stronger all he wants now.
Old 2024-04-16, 17:40   Link #295
Frontier

Quote:
"I want to be stronger" and "I will never be stronger" are two entirely different things to think. The latter in particular was never mentioned after he became a player. Whatever that even means because the show explains absolutely nothing. Of course it wasn't mentioned. He can become stronger all he wants now.
I feel like they're connected in as far as he recognized he was weak but wanted to be stronger yet felt he could never possibly achieve that in the situation he was at, which is why he overcompensates and tries so hard now that he has the opportunity to be stronger.
Old 2024-04-16, 22:22   Link #296
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
Dungeons vanish after the boss is gone. The bodies left behind are long gone and even if that wasn't the case, the ability technically gives form to the mana of the victim. You can't really call it true Necromancy since I'm pretty sure the soul is untouched. It's like how the purification in Ender Lilies work rather than Valkyrie Profile.
Old 2024-04-17, 12:48   Link #297
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
I feel like they're connected in as far as he recognized he was weak but wanted to be stronger yet felt he could never possibly achieve that in the situation he was at, which is why he overcompensates and tries so hard now that he has the opportunity to be stronger.
He overcompensates?
Old 2024-04-17, 15:36   Link #298
Frontier

Quote:
He overcompensates?
That's my interpretation of how much he throws himself into it and puts his life on the line in order to get stronger.
Old 2024-04-17, 17:20   Link #299
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I mean I interpret it as him throwing his life on the line because he doesn't understand the concept of danger. Or self preservation.
Old 2024-04-18, 07:15   Link #300
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Considering the series is titled Solo leveling, the guy might level up even more than needed like if a game had cheating codes or just had the personality of the isekai Cautious Hero