AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2004-06-30, 20:00   Link #21
Kempis Curious
:love::love::love:

Location: Loving a peaceful life in San Clemente, California.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GATX207_Blitz
I'll be there on saturday and if you really do want to meet I will meet you send a PM and I'll discuss information about the stuff so meeting is done easily. hmm maybe I should just wear and animesuki banner...
I don't think PM'ing for a meeting place is a good idea, unless individuals here want to meet each other. That seems more like a date than an animesuki meet-and-greet get together.

I'll go check the schedule of what's going on each day and perhaps whoever is going can be at an agreed-to place on each day at a certain time. I think a good place will be the lines for the AMV and Masquerades on the days the tickets are being given out. I'll probably print "animesuki forum" or something on a piece of paper and walk it up and down the line once or twice looking for one of y'all. Whoever has the best place in line we can chat there.

Woo hoo! This friday!!!!!

-k

curious
Kempis Curious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-30, 20:48   Link #22
Chun-Li
Ice Cream

hmm..i dunno about the AMV line... cuz i'm going to panels instead...but im definitely going to stand in line for the masquerade!... the tickets are handed out at 11 am... the day of the event...

what time are you going to be there?... mebbe about.. 7am ish?... its kinda earlie..

O_O;;;;

mebbe you should wear a white t-shirt that says "Animesuki"... ^^;;

and a hat..or cap...

Chun-Li is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-30, 21:44   Link #23
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chun-Li
hmm..i dunno about the AMV line... cuz i'm going to panels instead...but im definitely going to stand in line for the masquerade!... the tickets are handed out at 11 am... the day of the event...

what time are you going to be there?... mebbe about.. 7am ish?... its kinda earlie..

O_O;;;;

mebbe you should wear a white t-shirt that says "Animesuki"... ^^;;

and a hat..or cap...

animesuki t-shirts...hmmm interesting idea...could probably make a couple bucks off those...
Kyuven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-30, 22:26   Link #24
Chun-Li
Ice Cream

O_O...

btw..does animesuki have their own colors?... like mascot colors...?..or signature colors.... ?

instead of t-shirts... mebbe stickers would be better... ^^;;;;
Old 2004-06-30, 22:43   Link #25
Kyuven

Quote:
O_O...

btw..does animesuki have their own colors?... like mascot colors...?..or signature colors.... ?

instead of t-shirts... mebbe stickers would be better... ^^;;;;
hmmm, come to think of it Animesuki doesn't really have any sort of symbol to speak of
perhaps a Logo Design Contest is in order? With that it's only about 10 minutes in photoshop, a couple of e-mails, and a credit card away from a bunch of T-shirts for sale ^_^ (or stickers)
Old 2004-06-30, 22:53   Link #26
Chun-Li
Ice Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuven
hmmm, come to think of it Animesuki doesn't really have any sort of symbol to speak of
perhaps a Logo Design Contest is in order? With that it's only about 10 minutes in photoshop, a couple of e-mails, and a credit card away from a bunch of T-shirts for sale ^_^ (or stickers)
OMG!! a logo! that's the word i was looking for!.... ^^;;;;;

umm.. hmm.. mebbe the term AnimeSuki in characters... as in katakana and kanji..

ok... mebbe not..umm....

*still thinking*
Old 2004-06-30, 23:12   Link #27
Kyuven

Quote:
OMG!! a logo! that's the word i was looking for!.... ^^;;;;;

umm.. hmm.. mebbe the term AnimeSuki in characters... as in katakana and kanji..

ok... mebbe not..umm....

*still thinking*
アニメ隙
アニメスキ
アニメすき
take your pick
Old 2004-07-01, 01:14   Link #28
Kempis Curious

Quote:
Only thing I can think of is the front page colors... that blue-green border with a table of new anime. ^_^ Makes me happy when I see it.

There's also the little icon next to the link, but I probably wouldn't recognize it if it were bigger than the few centimeters square that it is now.

-k
Old 2004-07-01, 01:59   Link #29
Kyuven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kempis Curious
Only thing I can think of is the front page colors... that blue-green border with a table of new anime. ^_^ Makes me happy when I see it.

There's also the little icon next to the link, but I probably wouldn't recognize it if it were bigger than the few centimeters square that it is now.

-k
it's also old, if animesuki t-shirts and/or stickers were to be around, a more recognizable logo would be in order (i learned this in my imaging class...bout the only thing too -_-
not that the current color and type face aren't recognizable...it'd just be difficult to get em to work on a t-shirt
Old 2004-07-01, 07:48   Link #30
GATX207_Blitz
Gobble Gobble

Send a message via MSN to GATX207_Blitz
Quote:
I don't think PM'ing for a meeting place is a good idea, unless individuals here want to meet each other. That seems more like a date than an animesuki meet-and-greet get together.
The only reason I suggested PM was so that information could be shared like a cell number or something. Its easier to meet when you can call the person instead of waiting for someone your not most up to date on situations and where the person will be or etc. Also you will most definitley worry less and you will be able to enjoy the con more instead of being all worried well its up to you. You guys seem to want to make logos? sounds like more money. I don't plan on doing that. I also don't know where the idea of its a date comes from. I figured PM cause maybe they dont want every single eye to be able to see it. Well whatevers I don't care I was just explaining why thats all hope no one takes offense if any at all.
GATX207_Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-01, 11:30   Link #31
Kempis Curious

Quote:
Originally Posted by GATX207_Blitz
The only reason I suggested PM was so that information could be shared like a cell number or something. Its easier to meet when you can call the person instead of waiting for someone your not most up to date on situations and where the person will be or etc. Also you will most definitley worry less and you will be able to enjoy the con more instead of being all worried well its up to you. You guys seem to want to make logos? sounds like more money. I don't plan on doing that. I also don't know where the idea of its a date comes from. I figured PM cause maybe they dont want every single eye to be able to see it. Well whatevers I don't care I was just explaining why thats all hope no one takes offense if any at all.
It's cool chum. I didn't mean to cause consternation.

Sounds like we have at least one meeting place, in line for the Masquerade. I'll probably be there early too since it's best to be as close as possible to the stage. That's the only thing I miss from the Long Beach convention center... the balcony seating allowed everybody to be fairly close to the stage.

-k
Old 2004-07-01, 16:41   Link #32
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Going a bit off topic here... (like I'm going to fly half-way around to world to visit AX - I'd love
to, but it's a "yeah right, in your dreams" in the funds department sadly):

On the topic of T-Shirts... now for AX it's a bit late (only a few days away), but still: when I visited
a local convention about a month ago, I saw all these people with t-shirts of their sites, and thought:
Damn, I'd like one of those too.

My current thoughts go to having a all-black shirt with white text. Possibly a small "ANIMESUKI.COM"
text on front (about on the place where a badge would go) and a big "AS" with underneath it
"ANIMESUKI.COM" in smaller font (but still large enough to fill your back). Simple, but effective I think.

Hmm... and if we go all the way... AnimeSuki the mug! AnimeSuki the lunch box! AnimeSuki
the mouse pad! AnimeSuki the flamethrower! (watches to much "Spaceballs")...
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-01, 17:22   Link #33
Kyuven

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHDpro
Going a bit off topic here... (like I'm going to fly half-way around to world to visit AX - I'd love
to, but it's a "yeah right, in your dreams" in the funds department sadly):

On the topic of T-Shirts... now for AX it's a bit late (only a few days away), but still: when I visited
a local convention about a month ago, I saw all these people with t-shirts of their sites, and thought:
Damn, I'd like one of those too.

My current thoughts go to having a all-black shirt with white text. Possibly a small "ANIMESUKI.COM"
text on front (about on the place where a badge would go) and a big "AS" with underneath it
"ANIMESUKI.COM" in smaller font (but still large enough to fill your back). Simple, but effective I think.

Hmm... and if we go all the way... AnimeSuki the mug! AnimeSuki the lunch box! AnimeSuki
the mouse pad! AnimeSuki the flamethrower! (watches to much "Spaceballs")...
Animesuki-The Game!
Animesuki- The Animation!
Animesuki- The BREAKFAST CEREAL!
^_^
Old 2004-07-02, 23:51   Link #34
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

Send a message via AIM to OutPhase
Quote:
Animesuki-The Game!
Animesuki- The Animation!
Animesuki- The BREAKFAST CEREAL!
^_^
And act now, and get this xris action figure. ulls string:

Doll: Sid_Burn, I told you it's too big for the 5th time!
OutPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-03, 00:03   Link #35
Kyuven

and announcing the JOJO'S_STAR collection! (must be 18 years or older to gaze upon it)
Old 2004-07-03, 02:26   Link #36
Kempis Curious

Show report for Friday:

Registration was screwed up. Took me 3 hours, and I was Pre-registered! Made me miss the opening ceremonies... I heard that Yoko Ishimura (I think her name is) sang a duet with the other singer of the opening to Evangelion. Darn!

I went to the panel discussion with the director of Hand Maid May and Tiny Snow Fairy Sugar. That was fun. I also found some good cels of Kodomo no Omocha and Maison Ikkoku.

What'd y'all see?

-k

curious
Old 2004-07-03, 11:03   Link #37
cheez-it_god
chemo brain

Send a message via AIM to cheez-it_god Send a message via MSN to cheez-it_god Send a message via Yahoo to cheez-it_god
Quote:
Show report for Friday:

Registration was screwed up. Took me 3 hours, and I was Pre-registered!
It took about 3 hours for me, too, in that line (although it was really a half dozen lines or more). Saw a lot of Naruto guys, sasukes, zabusa, and quite a few others from that anime. That cool cat chick in the leatard or whatever it was, and I don't know what anime it was from. Some guy I know went as StrongMad from homestarrunner. There were tons of cosplayers, and I thought that a good number of them did a pretty good job, too. Anyways, I don't know if I'll go today (Saturday) or tomorrow, but I'm definitely going on Monday. If anyone saw me, I was the guy with a Blind Guardian shirt and glasses.
cheez-it_god is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-03, 11:24   Link #38
Kyuven

Quote:
Show report for Friday:

Registration was screwed up. Took me 3 hours, and I was Pre-registered! Made me miss the opening ceremonies... I heard that Yoko Ishimura (I think her name is) sang a duet with the other singer of the opening to Evangelion. Darn!

I went to the panel discussion with the director of Hand Maid May and Tiny Snow Fairy Sugar. That was fun. I also found some good cels of Kodomo no Omocha and Maison Ikkoku.

What'd y'all see?

-k

curious
3 hrs? eep...
i'm not preregistered O_O
Old 2004-07-03, 12:57   Link #39
Jinx626
Yo!!

Went to Expo but came home early on my own due to bad organization by the leader of our group. Managed to pick up some goodies at the exhibit and got to meet the creators of Tsukihime, R.O.D TV, and Gungrave (got stuff signed by them of course). Besides that I went to the AMV show later on that night which was pretty nice although they could've start it on time. Will try to make another run to Expo by myself tomorrow if I am feeling up to it. Be prepared to wait in long lines if your going. Not for the weak of heart
Old 2004-07-03, 22:41   Link #40
Kempis Curious

Ugh, I got there early to get in line for a good seat for the 11am Yoko Ishida concert. Then at 9am they told us it was delayed until 2pm.

Then a few hours they told us we weren't allowed to be in a line for more than 2 hours due to a fire code. No help for us waiting there for hours already. Then they told us if we sit through the MiQ concert we could stay for seating at Yoko Ishida. Then they cleared the room afterwards. Then they said there won't be a line at all so come back at 1pm for seating. They formed a line anyways at 12pm. Argh! Half the day wasted in a line for no reason!

Concert was good though. Ai Yori and Chobits music sung live was a real treat.

-k

Tags
conventions