Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-10-16, 03:00   Link #21
Eleutheria
旅行癖

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
I think there is some level of similarity between Robin and Law's story/character. They both sort of claimed they were using the strawhats ( though they weren't) and basically had no plan to join/stick around.
But....where's his crew? They got timeskipped away?
Old 2013-10-16, 04:47   Link #22
ri0

A very revealing chapter, which confirmed many speculations.

1. Drake really seemed to have joined Kaido's ranks
2. Doflamingo is indeed caring for his subordinates
3. Law's not doing all this for himself
4. We now know, why Momo was so scared of Doflamingo
5. The dropouts are held back underneath the colosseum and are turned into toys

Sanji was hilarious on the Den Den Mushi when he wanted confirmation, that Franky and Usopp watch after Robin. I totally like these small scenes, which make the different characters so unique.

Last edited by ri0; 2013-10-16 at 05:13.
Old 2013-10-16, 07:33   Link #23
JonSnow

I'm calling it right now. Usoland will be the one who ends up rescuing those trapped gladiators.

Damn you XDrake, I hope you don't have armament haki, so that Caribou can whoop your ass.
Old 2013-10-16, 08:15   Link #24
JonSnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post

But it's still strange that all those powerful fighters could be locked in. Doesn't any of them posses observation haki, to feel the hostile intention? Is nobody of them able to climb the walls for an exit?
Like let Hajrudin throw Donchinjao up to break the ceiling with his head?
Old 2013-10-16, 09:32   Link #25
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleutheria View Post
But....where's his crew? They got timeskipped away?
His crew could join the strawhats as well. Or it could be similar to Franky. One could then argue that if Franky joins what happens to his Crew as well.

Who knows maybe we will get a new ship later on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
Like let Hajrudin throw Donchinjao up to break the ceiling with his head?
Assuming he could, how would he jump that far up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ri0 View Post
A very revealing chapter, which confirmed many speculations.

2. Doflamingo is indeed caring for his subordinates

5. The dropouts are held back underneath the colosseum and are turned into toys
2. I think what Doflamingo meant or could have meant was that " You know even if they take them hostage, they are willing to die for me" <--- That's the kind of relationship/family we are * as it was the case with Vergo.

5. Certainly possible, but i don't think this chapter confirms it yet. Maybe Doflamingo has a devil fruit user that he can use to control the said drop outs. Or Maybe Moriah is alive and is working under Doflamingo now and he is going to give their shadows to Moriah. Maybe he plans to turn them in to government as sort of bribe for them to look away for what he has done thus far in this arc.
Old 2013-10-16, 11:05   Link #26
james0246

When the most interesting aspect of the chapter is the cover mini-story, you know the chapter is a bit of a waste. Pointless flashbacks abound, the entire stint on the Thousand Sunny was unnecessary, DoFlamingo and Law were barely hinted at (this should have been at the end of the last chapter), and an increasingly annoying Barty appearance occurs. Rebecca and the underground section of the Arena were the highlights of this chapter, but they only comprised 7 or so pages of content (albeit good content).
Old 2013-10-16, 11:20   Link #27
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Damn you XDrake, I hope you don't have armament haki, so that Caribou can whoop your ass.
It looks like the cover story confirms he does have armament haki as shown by the blood splattering coming out of Caribou's body. Yeah, Drake will be the one to put an end to his mischief.
Old 2013-10-16, 11:26   Link #28
NinjaRealist
Battoru!

Oh man, looks like there's going to be an eventual Kaidou vs Doflamingo showdown. Sounds awesome. Kaidou is still one of the big unknowns of the series and a battle with Doflamingo would be a great way for him to finally make an appearance.

Please make it happen, Oda.
Old 2013-10-16, 11:47   Link #29
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Hey guys, Aohige gave a chapter summary of the raw, and the contents pretty much match the first summary's perfectly. And yes BDK, it HAS indeed been confirmed that Drake attacks Caribou in the cover story! That pretty much makes it the chapter's highlight for me!
In the Manga chapter translation i read it doesn't say anything about the Dinosaur being Drake. May i ask who/where confirmed it?

Drake is the likely choice for the Dino, but it could still be an artificial Zoan Dinosaur.
Old 2013-10-16, 13:29   Link #30
Thatguy3331
Pro Slacker

Every time I hear One piece taking a week off It's like a surprise kick in the balls...
Old 2013-10-16, 14:55   Link #31
noktown

Judging by how relaxed Sanji really is,proves that he doesn't give a damn about what happened before,usually when they loose they go all emo about it(like before the time skip,"I need to get stronger and stuff"),right now he just doesn't give a damn,it only shows how little we have seen of the straw-hats.

To be honest we haven't seen literally anything.Things like sky-walk and cool-looking techniques don't win fights.
Old 2013-10-16, 15:07   Link #32
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

Quote:
Personally I'm more interessted in the question why Doflamingo wants to have Momo so bad.

If I were to guess, I'd say that Kanjuurou betrayed Kinemon and is now one of Doflamingos henchmen. And (s)he wants Momo to join as well.
I'm staring to think there's more to Dolf's powers than just slashing and spiderman strings. Perhaps he also has the ability to subordinate people into his rank? It seems odd that such a ruthless person has such a special relationship with his crew. Also the fact that he was a celestial dragon doesn't quite add up with his relationships with his crew. When we were first shown baby 5 she was trying to kill Dolf over something I never really understood that whole scene. A couple chapters laters she on her way on behalf of Dolfy to retrieve Ceazar.
Old 2013-10-16, 15:26   Link #33
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidguy View Post
I'm staring to think there's more to Dolf's powers than just slashing and spiderman strings. Perhaps he also has the ability to subordinate people into his rank? It seems odd that such a ruthless person has such a special relationship with his crew. Also the fact that he was a celestial dragon doesn't quite add up with his relationships with his crew. When we were first shown baby 5 she was trying to kill Dolf over something I never really understood that whole scene. A couple chapters laters she on her way on behalf of Dolfy to retrieve Ceazar.
I think his crew is following him out of fear for most part. Also he is two faced as well. He says he care for his subordinates but then when they fail or no longer serve a purpose he discard them.

This chapter showed it well. Mono's flashback showed that he was saying that he should have gotten shot if he couldn't defeat enemy or something.

Baby 5 was trying to kill Doflamingo because he killed his boy friend. Baby 5 can't say no to any one who asks her something/needs her, so whenever any one ask her to be his girlfriend he does. I think Doflamingo killed one of those boy friends. and Baby 5 was attacking him.
Old 2013-10-16, 16:52   Link #34
marvelB

Quote:
Sorry bro, but I'm pretty much with BDK in thinking that Drake is gonna clean up the mess Caribou caused. And on that note:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
It looks like the cover story confirms he does have armament haki as shown by the blood splattering coming out of Caribou's body.
I'm not actually sure if it's all blood, personally. Some of it could be, but I was thinking that most of it was just mud from Caribou's swamp body splattering around everywhere. At least, I don't recall Oda drawing characters spraying such exaggerated amounts of blood before.....

Quote:
But it's still strange that all those powerful fighters could be locked in. Doesn't any of them posses observation haki, to feel the hostile intention? Is nobody of them able to climb the walls for an exit?

Pretty sure that it's plain hard to escape in general. Recall that king Elizabello even said that his King Punch couldn't penetrate the room's walls (the very same punch that destroyed a huge chunk of the arena earlier, remember). It's possible that the walls are coated with sea stone or at least a material that's almost as tough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Pointless flashbacks abound,

Heh, why am I not the least bit surprised to see this reaction from you. Though personally, I wouldn't call them pointless, per se. At least in the case for Momo's it explained why he seemed to fear Dofla in the first place, plus it gave us an idea of what Kanjurou looked like. And as far as Violet's goes, I'm actually rather curious about her comment about being protected by the government. While it's highly likely she was just lying to Sanji, what if there were more to her words than meets the eye? Perhaps she could even be an undercover CP0 agent.....?
Old 2013-10-16, 17:54   Link #35
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Sorry bro, but I'm pretty much with BDK in thinking that Drake is gonna clean up the mess Caribou caused. And on that note:

Marvel, where does it say it's Drake ?

I am just a bit confused since You said it was confirmed. Did i miss anything?

Did you meant that the dino image being in the chapter confirmed or him being drake confirmed.

Quote:

Pretty sure that it's plain hard to escape in general. Recall that king Elizabello even said that his King Punch couldn't penetrate the room's walls (the very same punch that destroyed a huge chunk of the arena earlier, remember). It's possible that the walls are coated with sea stone or at least a material that's almost as tough.

Maybe it's just under ground. As in the surrounding in miles is just earth.
Old 2013-10-16, 18:14   Link #36
Undertaker

Yeah, I don't think the Thousand Sunny scene is pointless, but I do agree it could have being shorter and still serve it's purpose, mainly more about Dofla's view (with bold keywords to boot) and getting the communication part aside by letting the Dressossa group know they've forced to ahead.

That said, I do find cover story interesting as well, assuming that is a DF user, could that actually be Drake himself?

Other than that it also pretty much confirmed that the "dropouts" are going to end up as Luffy's allies for rest of arc.

Quote:
CoC isn't exactly telepathy, not to mention the level between people to people are vastly different and all that was is turning a switch on and you drop, so unless there is a flyer among them it pretty hard, especially it seem that place is pretty deep underground. it they can't find an exit of sort.

Either way it seem that Luffy's equivalent of WB's 43 allies crews is basically taking shape here, which would be there is potentially another Summit War in future...
Old 2013-10-16, 18:18   Link #37
ntherblast

I'm guessing the losers from the tournament will be transferred into a toy
Old 2013-10-16, 22:04   Link #38
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Chapter 725
That was not bad but they need to rap things up with the fight. Has for the toy maker he will be the key to taking Daflamingo down. My thinking is if all the toys are people who disagreed, fought, tricked, and resisted Daflamingo, then this country will slip into anarchy and chaos if the toy maker's devil fruit powers is reversed. This will also serve to topple Daflamingo from leadership and provide the Straw Hats with distraction and allies. This will also send a huge message to the WG. I don't know how Fleet Admiral Akainu will respond if Dressrosa sinks into turmoil. If this slips into chaos and goes south then this will look very bad on Admiral Fujitori. Has for the team dynamics, it has changed. Now its just Kinome, Zoro and Luffy together. Sanji Nami, Brooks, and Chopper. Finally Robin, Usoppe, and Franky. Hopefully we get to see more of Kanjuro (if he is not a toy).

Rebecca
Has for Rebecca, her fighting style is good. I don't see how the Mera Mera No Mi will compliment her if she gets it. She has never directly injured a single opponent, it says a lot about her ideals and her character. Has for her goal to get the Mera Mera No Mi and face Daflamingo, she must know that it takes more then a Logia powers to fight people who can use haki. Hopefully with her knowing Mantra she has some understanding of the limits of Logia users against Haki users.

X Drake
If that is X Drake I wonder if he has awakened the Zoan within? Also I wonder if X Drake is truly a pirate or a spy? He was a former Rear Admiral and I find it really hard to see a person like X Drake to betray the Marines without a good reason. He should be very interesting to see in a fight. I think X Drake, Ryokugyu, and Kaidou will show us a side to the Zoan and its true capabilities that we have never seen before.

Law
Law is starting to become unglued. He has way to much emotion right now. But it should be interesting to see if Law has any hidden devil fruit moves he hasn't shown yet. I don't think breaking the bridge will take Daflamingo down, especially if with clouds still in the sky. I think Law is biting off way more then he can chew in this fight.
Old 2013-10-16, 23:39   Link #39
AdventSleeper

I liked the cover story this week. Not only in terms of the story it gave us bit with the art too. Very minimalist .

Rebecca is more badass than I thought, and I wonder if that underground room they are all in has anything to do with the smile factory..
Old 2013-10-17, 00:08   Link #40
Vajra
So Like A Rose

Good chapter but it definitely could have elaborated on the Law x Doflamingo bit. I'm in agreement with the general consensus that the Rebecca parts were the most entertaining (that and the ministory with the dinosaur).
Closed Thread