AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2017-04-19, 11:35   Link #201
Kazu-kun

So, it's the manga about to end? What would be the point to continue much longer after this?
Old 2017-04-21, 05:29   Link #202
bastek66

According to http://yaraon-blog.com/archives/103911 it was axed.
Translation by anon
>I'm very sorry to write this but the timeline was not on my side.
>You see, the editor came to me last week and informed myself to increase the popularity of Keijo!!!
>This is not something you can do overnight. I was lost for words, as I believed we were doing fine in rankings.
>Today, I was informed by my editor that my manga is being removed due to the poor reception of the anime.
>The anime failed to make an impact, for advertising purposes, and the studio is carrying that loss because of it.
>It is my fault, and I am sorry. The source material should have been better and I've done a great burden.
>I was actually very surprised by the reception overseas. In various conversations, I was told it was greatly talked about in America.
>I'm glad some of you enjoyed it, but I'm sorry once again for failing. My sincerely apologies to Takahashi-san and XEBEC.

- Sorayomi 空詠大智

Last edited by bastek66; 2017-04-21 at 05:51.
bastek66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-21, 06:11   Link #203
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
According to http://yaraon-blog.com/archives/103911 it was axed.
Translation by anon
>I'm very sorry to write this but the timeline was not on my side.
>You see, the editor came to me last week and informed myself to increase the popularity of Keijo!!!
>This is not something you can do overnight. I was lost for words, as I believed we were doing fine in rankings.
>Today, I was informed by my editor that my manga is being removed due to the poor reception of the anime.
>The anime failed to make an impact, for advertising purposes, and the studio is carrying that loss because of it.
>It is my fault, and I am sorry. The source material should have been better and I've done a great burden.
>I was actually very surprised by the reception overseas. In various conversations, I was told it was greatly talked about in America.
>I'm glad some of you enjoyed it, but I'm sorry once again for failing. My sincerely apologies to Takahashi-san and XEBEC.

- Sorayomi 空詠大智
The thread show an image from what apparently is next Sunday issue summary listing Keijo as "last chapter" which seems legit. But so far no source was shown for the supposedly comment from the author, its not even anywhere on the linked thread. So take that part with a grain of salt until evidence is provided.
Old 2017-04-21, 07:55   Link #204
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
The thread show an image from what apparently is next Sunday issue summary listing Keijo as "last chapter" which seems legit. But so far no source was shown for the supposedly comment from the author, its not even anywhere on the linked thread. So take that part with a grain of salt until evidence is provided.
Going by the logic of the statement provided, there'd be a LOT of mangas getting cancelled because their anime adaptations underperformed. Which is clearly not the case in real life.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-21, 08:33   Link #205
marconii2002

Official info http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-manga/.115127
marconii2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-21, 08:45   Link #206
Kazu-kun

Well, that makes sense. After beating the strongest oponent, there was no way to continue.

I'm sure the original plan was for Nozomi to lose so the manga could move on to more training and other tournaments.

It's a pity. This little manga was kind of cool for what it was.
Old 2017-04-21, 08:50   Link #207
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Well, that makes sense. After beating the strongest oponent, there was no way to continue.

I'm sure the original plan was for Nozomi to lose so the manga could move on to more training and other tournaments.

It's a pity. This little manga was kind of cool for what it was.
I could have seen it continuing, considering, Mio aside, the other wins were a team effort, and they should still be quite weaker than the goketsu individually. But yeah, If it wasn't slated to end now this match may have gone differently, or maybe even happened later on the tournament (they're still at the second round of the preliminaries).
Old 2017-04-21, 09:14   Link #208
Peanutbutter

Read the news about the end of the manga. Was actually following the translated chapters up till this point. Such a shame the manga had in this way.

I at least hope the translators involved can continue to translate the rest of the chapters, all the way to the end.

I liked the manga, but maybe it took itself too seriously and just so happened to be in the wrong era of mangas.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-21, 09:50   Link #209
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
I could have seen it continuing, considering, Mio aside, the other wins were a team effort, and they should still be quite weaker than the goketsu individually.
It's a storytelling thing. You just don't make your protagonist beat the final boss before the climax. It doesn't matter if there was a lot of teamwork at work and such. The opponent just loses credibility as a threat.

In fact, what you want to do is the opposite. You want to build up the opponent as a serious and unmatched threat as much as you can before the climax. A challenger as final boss just doesn't give you that kind of tension.
Old 2017-04-21, 12:00   Link #210
Wandering Soul

That's too bad. I started following this manga not too long after the anime ended, so it's a shame to see it end like this.
Old 2017-04-21, 12:03   Link #211
Blueknight78

omg another awesome serie being axed just because "otakus are otakus" and if a serie like that is not enough yuri bait and don't have your "useless protakun" then like in many of the cases the serie will get the end of stick it's really sick that way of otakus act toward many series and they somehow "bizarre" taste toward what must be "obligatory to have".

while here in western we have issues with politcal correctness and minorities destroying the entertainment market with all they "bizarre" protect this" behavious in asia we have good series getting the end of stick just because they don't have some of the "almost obligatory"/mandatory" crap otakus cliches which make many of that serie just look like "generic garbase" which is what in "most cases the otakus really want".

i really feel sad that serie was really a big hit here on western but again like what happen also in hollywood movie industrie in most of the cases, the "outside sales or popularity, if it not 'popular at home then it's a end.
Old 2017-04-21, 12:49   Link #212
amasposu

That is unfortunate. Keijo is the main reason why I buy Weekly Shonen Sunday every week. Now that Keijo is gone, I will probably stop buying it.
amasposu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-23, 20:09   Link #213
Ultragunner

While Nozomi is fun as a MC, I just hope she gets more character development rather than crazy power up .

IMO, Keijo has done a fine jobs with the cast...except for Nozomi herself
Old 2017-04-26, 11:24   Link #214
chaosprophet

From chapter 176 end, while the manga reached some level of conclusion, I think it was obvious that 177 wouldn't be able to be a satisfying end.

That earlier fake author comment aside, the author did a post yesterday on his blog about Keijo ending. It was decided that he would have to end the manga around the time the anime also ended, and that decision happened before the anime started airing, so it's sales were a non issue regarding it. That mean he was told 6+ months in advance to finish which makes sense as:

Spoiler for not yet translated chapters:

I loved Keijo so it's a pit to see it ending, specially by it happening not through it's natural course. Still was a very fun ride while it lasted.

Last edited by chaosprophet; 2017-04-27 at 14:57.
chaosprophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-03, 02:56   Link #215
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

147: They just had to use a character called Mami for that >_>
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-14, 23:24   Link #216
zephyredx

Sad to see it come to an end, which means we don't get more backstory from various characters. Keijo will be remembered for its unique legacy though.