AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2017-10-31, 13:04   Link #881
Pen3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
German BBs need to be specced either purely main guns or purely secondaries. Personally, I go for secondaries in my Tirpitz because I like to get up-close and personal and make my enemies uncomfortable with my super-aggressive bow-in tactics. At that range, the gun accuracy doesn't seem as punishing dispersion-wise, and my secondaries can do some serious work. If you're the kind of player that's going to play German BBs similarly to other BBs, I would definitely run a main guns build. Either way can work great, but it does depend on your play style.

I go for secondary build on my Tirpitz and I go for main gun build on my Yamato.
Too bad secondary builds aren't that great anymore with RNBB around. Just two salvo from a Lion or Conqueror will knock out most of your secondaries each side. Also kills your AA for easy CV drops. It seems that Bismark is the weakest T8 BB in the game right now since it can't be effective at its only quirk.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-01, 15:42   Link #882
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen3 View Post
Too bad secondary builds aren't that great anymore with RNBB around. Just two salvo from a Lion or Conqueror will knock out most of your secondaries each side. Also kills your AA for easy CV drops. It seems that Bismark is the weakest T8 BB in the game right now since it can't be effective at its only quirk.
Not really if you use the secondary mod that keeps them alive.
If your going with a seconds build then you really should be using the mod.
You will be pewpewing with seconds all day long.
Old 2017-11-01, 18:39   Link #883
Pen3

I just started playing Warplanes 2.0 yesterday for a change of pace and was wondering if anyone picked it up recently? I need a friend to division up with if interested. I only have up to tier 4 at the moment.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-01, 21:48   Link #884
Psyco Diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen3 View Post
I just started playing Warplanes 2.0 yesterday for a change of pace and was wondering if anyone picked it up recently? I need a friend to division up with if interested. I only have up to tier 4 at the moment.
I played it a back when it came out, I didn't think it was bad except matches would be done in matter of minutes. Respawn was a very good decision, that said I can't get a good feel for my joystick with this game anymore, it just plain plays better with the mouse. Other than that I have no desire to play it
Psyco Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-02, 02:33   Link #885
Renegade334
Exitus Acta Probat
*Graphic Designer

Got my Ibuki and Nicholas...and now feel completely burnt out. I'm not even in the mood to grind my other ships or collect Yamamoto Isoroku collectibles (the unlockable camos are of interest to me, especially if they're perma-camos).

I'm <20K XP away from the Neptune (I could easily free-XP it, but as I said, no touchy anymore) and the Edinburgh grind is soul-wrenching. That ship must be coated in nitroglycerin-based paint or something, because even the slightest brush or scratch with enemy shells will annihilate vast gobs of your HP. Hopefully the announced changes in smoke deployment for the RN CA/CL line will alleviate the pain, but I don't really feel the desire to open the game nowadays.

Time to take a break...

EDIT: nvm, the "alternate camo" is actually nothing more than the ability switch normal camos' (Type 1, 2, 5, etc) colors from green to blue. You still have to buy/earn the camos and you don't get extra rewards (like 10% cost reduction or 50% captain skill boost). https://imgur.com/a/yqNja

-- Permanently retired from the raw-hunting business --

Last edited by Renegade334; 2017-11-02 at 03:23.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-04, 19:29   Link #886
Psyco Diver

Taking a break it seems, the Russian battleship mission has taken it out of me again because I haven't had much reason to play. I have all the ships I want, none of the other lines make me crave them. The new USN Cruiser line split looks interesting and I think I might dab in that
Psyco Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-05, 02:59   Link #887
Renegade334
Exitus Acta Probat
*Graphic Designer

In the same position, my friend. Same position.

The split is indeed interesting, though many of the cruisers will probably feel like a up- or down-tiered Baltimore with either one more aft turret or those elusive US CA torpedo launchers (T9 Buffalo). The Helena, in particular, feels like an American Mogami (no coincidence: the St Louis class was the USN's deliberate attempt to match the Japanese Mogami class [155mm config.] in terms of speed, armor and firepower...with the exception of the torpedo complement) with its 152mm ABC-XY turret setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub_octavian on Reddit
Guys, just to clarify: the current WIP plan is regular cruiser loadout but HAS and Def AA in different slots, and for T9-10, we plan DCP, Heal, HAS, AA and Radar - in different slots.
I wonder what they have in store for that new T10, the Worcester. Sure, it has 6 turrets, but they're all 155mm, thus drawing the ship closer to Neptune/Minotaur territory than Des Moines. A good way to address that would be to increase its ROF to DM levels, although in real life, the Worcester failed spectacularly at achieving that goal.

Additionally, I no longer own the Baltimore (sold off to pay for my Des Moines) and the Cleveland (sold off to pay for my Yamato), so I guess I'll only have the replacements unlocked, rather receive than the new (and old) ships directly in my port?

-- Permanently retired from the raw-hunting business --
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote