AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-25, 01:29   Link #41
War_Lord
Modern Philosopher

Yeah, the manga seemed rushed. Would've been better if there were more volumes.
Old 2008-04-09, 02:55   Link #42
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
LOL @ ending in the manga.
when the anime ending didnt disappoint this one felt totally stupid and random. it s lacking maybe 1 or 2 volume to justify this kind of ending.
makoto even if he is not the same despitable character as in the anime is definatly as dumb as his anime counterpart.
Old 2008-04-09, 06:50   Link #43
MezzoDragon

The ending is creepy and rushed. What a lame way to go, y'know.
Old 2008-04-19, 09:59   Link #44
ShiningSeraph
Wings of Heaven

Send a message via AIM to ShiningSeraph
Once again, slightly similar to the anime, Makoto realizes his mistake and wants to stay with Kotonoha... OWAIT, SEKAI KILLED KOTONOHA.

I really wish the manga was longer because only 2 volumes seemed so short, and it could expanded a bit more before the ending.
Old 2008-04-19, 10:11   Link #45
MezzoDragon

They could have made a happy ending too. Makoto was not a jerk, and had actual compassion for Kotonoha. Sekai losing her sanity was completely pointless.
Old 2008-04-19, 18:55   Link #46
Muyasuki

Even without the bloody end possible, I still feel as if the manga end was creepier. Makato was actually likeable in this version(but I don't know if that takes or adds to the overall enjoyment of the manga cause hating him is so fun).

I don't think Sekai lost her sanity; sure she *attempted* to kill Kotonoha(it never actually said that she died, just that she was covered in blood), but she only did this after Kotonoha attempted to kill her. The manga felt really rushed in the last couple of chapters.
Old 2008-05-31, 07:24   Link #47
vio5555

Well at least to me the manga seemed like a vast improvement over the anime series.

At least Makoto was likeable and Kotonoha didn't get raped, etc. It's just that the ending felt so out of place because Sekai/Kotonoha shouldn't have been as deranged as they were in the anime.

I.E. Sekai shouldn't have been pissed about Makoto sleeping around because he didn't and he tried to be as good to both of them as he could possibly be even with the two of them trying to seduce him at every turn.

Dunno, Makoto comes off as the good guy but the two chicks are just totally nuts in the manga...
Old 2008-08-30, 18:08   Link #48
Dark Mage

I dont quite get the ending? Kotonoha didnt do anything wrong, I mean she didnt try to seduce him at everyturn like Sekai. but the ending shocked me it came totally out of the blue. So is KIotonoha dead? Does Sekai kill Makoto as well? Is there going to be a sequel?
Old 2008-08-30, 18:16   Link #49
MezzoDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Mage View Post
I dont quite get the ending? Kotonoha didnt do anything wrong, I mean she didnt try to seduce him at everyturn like Sekai. but the ending shocked me it came totally out of the blue. So is KIotonoha dead? Does Sekai kill Makoto as well? Is there going to be a sequel?
There should be a sequel just to fix the plot holes. Makoto was actually nice in this thing, y'know. Niether he nor Kotonha deserved to die. Sekai, however, may deserve to die. She just lost it at the end. She became a Mad World (sorry for the lame joke).
Old 2008-11-20, 08:55   Link #50
Solafighter
Hige

S-S-Sekai killed Kotonoha?... OMG.. What an ending...!!!

I was realy like WHAT THE F*** why does it end there!?!? I realy like to know, if Makoto is and will be together with Sekai or not... I mean.. Sekai killed Kotonoha...

Pooooooor Kokoro..

But Sekai realy is cute in the manga. ^_^
I would have choosen her from the start.
Old 2008-11-20, 09:11   Link #51
MezzoDragon

Sekai is cute, but what she did is unforgivable. There should be a remake of this series with a decent ending. Or at least a reason for Sekai to kill her love rival aside from moronic jealousy.
Old 2008-11-20, 09:16   Link #52
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

But jealousy is moronic. Nothing wrong with that.

Old 2008-11-22, 15:00   Link #53
Wafflemania
It's a Devil's Proof!

the manga ended....

makoto was good.....sekai was the person we all wanted to get stabbed......poor kotonoha

she always gets hurt.
Old 2009-01-20, 17:25   Link #54
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
I think the character's personaltiy in the manga and in the anime differ(sometimes greatly) but i must read it again to describe the differences in detail.
Funny that in the Visual Novel it was the opposite...Kotonoha sawed Sekai at broad daylight(mostly out of jealousy, so much jealousy that she become insane)
Old 2009-01-20, 19:35   Link #55
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
I think the character's personaltiy in the manga and in the anime differ(sometimes greatly) but i must read it again to describe the differences in detail.
Funny that in the Visual Novel it was the opposite...Kotonoha sawed Sekai at broad daylight(mostly out of jealousy, so much jealousy that she become insane)
That's the irritating part... Rather, recently, it seems that Overflow is going loony (more than before) and being idiots, since in the PS2 version (which I honestly want to disappear from history), they decide to add new odds, which, for some reason, are ALL bad ends, and they try to make Sekai to be some crazy maniac like Kotonoha is, despite the fact Sekai shouldn't be like that AND the plot does not require it.
The manga... Except the art, the whole story just felt wrong... Like the author has it in the mind that School Days is only about killing people... (The PS2 EDs also make me feel that Overflow thinks people dying is the most important thing to them now...)

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2009-01-20, 19:59   Link #56
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Well, it certainly is the biggest recognizing factor, wouldn't you say?

Old 2009-01-21, 01:00   Link #57
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
The thing that pisses me of when someone describes Sekai or any other character from the anime based on the manga...despite the fact that they're 2 different characters...
Closed Thread