AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2006-05-25, 05:20   Link #1
xris
Just call me Ojisan

[Manga] Chapter 308 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread .

As per the forums rules, please don't ask or mention where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc.

Also note that only moderators or designated members (whoever they are ) will be able to create this thread.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-25, 05:32   Link #2
Zek
Eyebrows...

Finally we're getting somewhere... This chapter wasn't bad, but, uh, Sasuke can enter Kyuubi's cage? wtf?
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-25, 05:33   Link #3
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
I think they should rename the manga to Sasuke. Kishimoto is making him look way too powerful in this chapter. But then again, if he can't beat what's in front of him, how can he even think about taking on Itachi?
Old 2006-05-25, 05:36   Link #4
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

A few surprises:

Sasuke using a different version of Chidori where he creates electrical waves in the air, although the source cannot be seen (maybe through invisible chakra threads, who knows)...

Sasuke using an interesting sword which he calls Kusanagi...

Sasuke penetrating Naruto's mind to have a nice little chat with Kyuubi - Sharingan may not know limits but Kishi should know.... Now that he is there, I don't think he would mind breaking that seal.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-25, 05:43   Link #5
ccardoso
Banned

As I thought Sasuke is shown as some kind of dreadnaught... now the only thing which misses is that he kills Kyuubi in that cage and end Naruto (the character and the serie).
I'm not on a Naruto fanboy rant: I don't like Naruto very much too, but I think they're exaggerating with Sasuke's power. I mean he owned two jounins and a jinchuuriki (or how it's spelled) in 3-4 manga pages, which is about one minute at best.
Then he enteres the Kyuubi cage and stops it with only one hand, like Naruto is doing, as he always had it inside of his body. This is getting more and more ridiculus: Orochimaru had serious problems just with an underpowered version of Kyuubi, while Sasuke is standing in front of the full powered Kyuubi with no problems...
Not to mention from when Kyuubi asks Naruto to merge their powers? I mean: during the fight against Orochimaru Kyuubi grabbed Naruto in his hands and took over... now he's kindly asking Naruto?!? What's the logic of this?

Ah of course I didn't mention Sakura because she's totally useless.
ccardoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-25, 05:44   Link #6
Mizuno
Undefined

Kusanagi is unique and Orochimaru is its owner so I don't know why they are using the same name for it? Maybe Orochi passed it on to him...

As for Sasuke removing the seal... suddenly it seems so easy to undo the great Yondaime's ultimate technique...
Old 2006-05-25, 05:45   Link #7
Mirtual

The chapter itself is good.
This fight is far from over, but up until this moment it looks like Sasuke in on an entire diefferent level then everyone else there. Yamato is half dead now, Sakura and Sai can't touch him, and somehow he managed to get inside Narutos head, so deep that he can talk with the Kyubi.
His Sharingan control seems to have come to an impressive level.
This whole fight (if you want to call it that way) makes me wonder how Naruto, Yamato, Sai and Sakura are supposed to get out of their alive.
Mirtual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-25, 05:50   Link #8
Rachy
Disabled By Request

Sasuke still seems cautious of Kyuubi.

Sasuke is soo good now, and can create a Chidori like chakra flow around his body and sword *-*, and its like a mini Kusangi, maybe Orochimaru clones other things than humans haha ^^.

Omg does Sasuke look good in battle of what, go Sasuke ! tear that kyuubi brat in half kekke ~_^.

Im worried about kyuubi making a move on my sasuke though, he's too cocky^^.
Rachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-25, 05:51   Link #9
Mirtual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenta
Kusanagi is unique and Orochimaru is its owner so I don't know why they are using the same name for it? Maybe Orochi passed it on to him...

As for Sasuke removing the seal... suddenly it seems so easy to undo the great Yondaime's ultimate technique...
Well, it is something happening inside his head, most likely genjutsu, and Uchihas do not have an quivalent on that field.
And it makes perfect sense that Orochimaru gave Sasuke the sword. In the legend the sword together with the genius (there it was a person called Yamato) made Hachibi as strong as Kyubi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccardoso
As I thought Sasuke is shown as some kind of dreadnaught... now the only thing which misses is that he kills Kyuubi in that cage and end Naruto (the character and the serie).
I'm not on a Naruto fanboy rant: I don't like Naruto very much too, but I think they're exaggerating with Sasuke's power. I mean he owned two jounins and a jinchuuriki (or how it's spelled) in 3-4 manga pages, which is about one minute at best.
Then he enteres the Kyuubi cage and stops it with only one hand, like Naruto is doing, as he always had it inside of his body. This is getting more and more ridiculus: Orochimaru had serious problems just with an underpowered version of Kyuubi, while Sasuke is standing in front of the full powered Kyuubi with no problems...
Not to mention from when Kyuubi asks Naruto to merge their powers? I mean: during the fight against Orochimaru Kyuubi grabbed Naruto in his hands and took over... now he's kindly asking Naruto?!? What's the logic of this?

Ah of course I didn't mention Sakura because she's totally useless.
The fight is not over yet.
But Sasuke must be insanly strong, after all he is supposed to get up against Itachi. And as much as I agree that it is somehow ridiculous seeing Sasuke owning everyone I have to say we should get used to Sasuke being "overpowered" until the end of Naruto.
Old 2006-05-25, 05:52   Link #10
Rachy
Disabled By Request

Sasuke beats down a Jounin like Yamato now, without even using the CS ... scary ^^.
Old 2006-05-25, 05:53   Link #11
ccardoso
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by uchiha rave
Sasuke still seems cautious of Kyuubi.

Sasuke is soo good now, and can create a Chidori like chakra flow around his body and sword *-*, and its like a mini Kusangi, maybe Orochimaru clones other things than humans haha ^^.

Omg does Sasuke look good in battle of what, go Sasuke ! tear that kyuubi brat in half kekke ~_^.

Lol don't even joke around in comparing Kyuubi and Sasuke in power... Kyuubi is the most powerful entity in Narutoverse and this will be till the end. Anyway the only loser here is Naruto. But he's a true loser if this ownage will go on...
Old 2006-05-25, 05:54   Link #12
Mizuno
Undefined

They won't win this fight, but they'll probably get out there alive if:

a) akatsuki enters
b) orochimaru interrupts the fight (they want team 7 to take out some akatsuki for them)
c) sasuke finds them too pitiful and not worthy to receive the finishing blow

Yamato is out, Sai is out. Only Sakura and Naruto remains. Sakura as usual, probably can't do anything. Now Naruto is in danger of losing Kyuubi's power for good and he was dead tired to begin with. Probability of them winning is extremely low, and that would make Sasuke's entrance after a year off 'uncool'. Unless Naruto can go SSJ2, he can't win.

A random thought: Maybe the Uchiha has a power to absorb a junchuriki's power into himself.
Old 2006-05-25, 05:54   Link #13
ccardoso
Banned

Quote:
Lol don't even joke around in comparing Kyuubi and Sasuke in power... Kyuubi is the most powerful entity in Narutoverse and this will be till the end. Anyway the only loser here is Naruto. But he's a true loser if this ownage will go on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirtual
The fight is not over yet.
But Sasuke must be insanly strong, after all he is supposed to get up against Itachi. And as much as I agree that it is somehow ridiculous seeing Sasuke owning everyone I have to say we should get used to Sasuke being "overpowered" until the end of Naruto.
What is left? Sakura?
Old 2006-05-25, 05:55   Link #14
Rachy
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Well Yamato said Naruto is stronger without using the kyuubi chakra ~_~ so how does that work?
Old 2006-05-25, 05:58   Link #15
Syaoran
Inactive Member

308: Sasuke's strength
Short Summary:
Sasuke now has freed his Katana and Sakura, Sai and Yamato look with horror at Sasuke when he swings the Kanata towards Naruto to kill him.
Just when Sasuke is about to stab Naruto in the back, Sai comes in between an hold Sasuke's arm and taking out his own knife. Sasuke tells Sai that trying to prevent it is not the right solution.
Now that Sai hold one arm, Naruto takes Sasuke's second arm, jumps around backwards and they're holding Sasuke now. Yamato makes a seal for using a special Mokuton jutsu on Sasuke, who activeates his Sharingan at the upcoming threat.
Sasuke frees himself using a jutsu called Chidorinagashi, pushing Naruto and Sai back and splitting Yamato's mukuton jutsu into pieces. Sasuke is surrounded by some electricity like barrier.
Naruto and Sai are smacked on the ground and Naruto's necklace with Tsunade's crystal lies next to him. Sasuke is completely freed. Sakura thinks Sasuke uses his entire body for Chidori.
Sasuke is standing in the middle, Naruto and Sai laying at his feet, Sakura and Yamato glaring at him.
Sakura remembers someone telling her he's accompanied this time (I think it's Naruto stating she accompanies him). She fixes Sasuke and runs towards him starting to swing her right arm to punch Sasuke, yelling at him she's stom him with her own power.
Sasuke sends some of kind of power or chakra to his katana, looks emotionless at Sakura and is ready to stab her with it.
Yamato: “These eyes... This is dangerous” At that time gets back into action. He stands in bewteen Sasuke and Sakura, trying to deflect the katana with two kunai,which are getting cut like a cake by Sasuke.
Sasuke's katana slides swiftly into Yamato's shoulder, blood gushing out of the fresh wound. Sasuke continues to push and Yamato ends with his back against the rubble. Sasuke tells him his defense totally failed.
Sakura yells “Captain Yamato!”, who's holding the katana that has pierced his shoulder. Sasuke tells Yamato his Kusanagi is a bit special and that his defense is nothing for it.
Yamato feels his body is getting numb. “Is the Chidiro flowing down his blade?”
That's how he was able to increase it's cutting to an extreme and to get me numb after the cut.
Sasuke turns around surprised while holding Yamato with hisKusanagi and sees Naruto getting slowly up again. The necklace being broken, Kyuubi's chakra is flowing again, starting to transform Naruto again... more distinctive whisker-like marks, his nails and teeth growing sharper.
The Kyuubi us now launghing and telling Naruto to take his chance now.
Naruto stands in front of Kyuubi's cell inside his mind... The Kyuubi is telling Naruto to show them their power now. Naruto doesn't answer it.
Kyuubi: “Why ? What are you hesitating for?”
Kyuubi is slowly materializing in front of Naruto, outside his prison.
Kyuubi: “Do you need my power now?”
A boiling Kyuubi chakra entity is looking at Naruto, showing it's sharp teeth and asking : “Who do you want to kill ?
Naruto tells Kyuubi not to come out anymore.
Kyuubi: “What do you fear?”
Naruto: “You power is not needed anymore!”
Kyuubi now starts laughing at Naruto and is very pissed at him.
Kyuubi: “Who was the one asking him to lend him some power ? You should now you can't do anything alone. Remove the seal! All my power will be yours.”
Naruto yells at Kyuubi to disappear!
Kyuubi: “You are...”
At that moment, Sasuke's hand touches Kyuubi.
Sasuke poses his hand on a raging Kyuubi's nose. Naruto is totally surprised to see Sasuke standing calmly next to him.
Kyuubi seems to know Sasuke: “So you're an Uchiha. You've grown quite well.”
Looking at Sasuke, Naruto asks: “Why are you...?”
Sasuke answers: “I can see now. This was your hidden power.”
“Who would have know you had this inside of you.”

Last edited by Syaoran; 2006-05-25 at 09:12.
Syaoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-25, 05:58   Link #16
Mizuno
Undefined

Yamato's words probably foreshadowed what will happen next chapter. Naruto losing the Kyuubi and has to discover his own strength. If people's theory are correct that Naruto has Yondaime's blood, then he should have that ability.
Old 2006-05-25, 05:59   Link #17
ccardoso
Banned

Quote:
Well Yamato said Naruto is stronger without using the kyuubi chakra ~_~ so how does that work?
What can he do against an enemy who can enter the very core of his seal and treat Kyuubi as a useless pet?
I remember you that inside the cage Kyuubi is at full power so Kishimoto is showing us that Sasuke > Kyuubi (9 tails) while he made us always believe Kyuubi is some kind of unreachable god. It's really annoying this overpowered Sasuke not for Sasuke himself, but because it's really too much.
Old 2006-05-25, 06:00   Link #18
Mirtual

Quote:

What is left? Sakura?
Well, if Naruto survives that Genjutsu hit by Sasuke he might be able to do something to with the help of Kyubi.

Quote:
Yamato didn't knew what he was talking about.
On a side note, what else was there to say? "Naruto I will seal that demon since everyone is afraid of it's power. You will be a little worthless Genin with no skills at all after that, but please play along. Hey, you could join Gaara in the Ex-Jinchuuriki looser club after it."

Quote:
What can he do against an enemy who can enter the very core of his seal and treat Kyuubi as a useless pet?
I remember you that inside the cage Kyuubi is at full power so Kishimoto is showing us that Sasuke > Kyuubi (9 tails) while he made us always believe Kyuubi is some kind of unreachable god. It's really annoying this overpowered Sasuke not for Sasuke himself, but because it's really too much.
Calm down, it's not like he did beat him. He is just there talking cocky.

BTW, there is still "that jutsu" for Naruto.
Old 2006-05-25, 06:00   Link #19
Rachy
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Yamato's words probably foreshadowed what will happen next chapter. Naruto losing the Kyuubi and has to discover his own strength. If people's thoery are correct that Naruto has Yondaime's blood, then he should have that ability.
but kyuubi still had more chakra than Yondaime. If Naruto is stronger without using kyuubi chakra that doesnt make kyuubi the strongest thing in narutoverse eh .

Quote:
Yamato didn't knew what he was talking about.
On a side note, what else was there to say? "Naruto I will seal that demon since everyone is afraid of it's power. You will be a little worthless Genin with no skills at all after that, but please play along. Hey, you could join Gaara in the Ex-Jinchuuriki looser club after it."
See people dont wana use that fact now ~_^.

Quote:
BTW, there is still "that jutsu" for Naruto.
That's either going to be revealed now or it was the chakra beam thing 4 tails used.
See people dont wana use that fact anymore lol ^^.

~~ And did you see Sasuke was going to stab Sakura with that chidori sword thing?!?! .. Sasuke your so heartless =( but that takes out my competition ~_^.

Last edited by Rachy; 2006-05-25 at 06:12.
Old 2006-05-25, 06:12   Link #20
Mizuno
Undefined

At first, I thought "that jutsu" maybe the one to unseal the kyuubi. But if Sasuke can do it too, then "that jutsu" has got to be something else.