AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 28
10: Amazing... 4 8.33%
9 out of 10: Excellent... 4 8.33%
8 out of 10: Very Good... 13 27.08%
7 out of 10: Good... 12 25.00%
6 out of 10: Average... 7 14.58%
5 out of 10: Below Average... 5 10.42%
4 out of 10: Poor... 3 6.25%
3 out of 10: Bad... 0 0%
2 out of 10: Very Bad... 0 0%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 0 0%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-04-22, 06:11   Link #41
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
You'd think that he'd at least take a single day off from ploting the death of every Vegan to attend the most important day in his son's life, but nooooooooooo ...

Seriously Flit, I like you and really liked some of your awesome moments back in generation 1, and you have every right to be angry at the Vegans for what they had done to you, but seriously ... it's your son's f-ing wedding.
i bet Flit's obsession on killing the Vagans will be his downfall, ye i hope Flit dies on the battle against the Vagans

and i hope to see AGE-1 and AGE-2 and AGE-3 teaming up in the battlefield at some point
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 06:22   Link #42
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0x View Post
i bet Flit's obsession on killing the Vagans will be his downfall, ye i hope Flit dies on the battle against the Vagans

and i hope to see AGE-1 and AGE-2 and AGE-3 teaming up in the battlefield at some point
Cannot agree more, he has to realise his mistakes before he finally dies. If not, there will never be a resolution for Flit and his course for revenge.
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 06:47   Link #43
tsunade666

Wow. This is probably my first time seeing the gundam pilot in wedding dress -_- seriously I can't remember anything from the previews gundam series that had that one scene. And Flit isn't even in it >.> even Obright is there even though he should also get a wedding but nope, talking about wedding before going in a big gun fight is always a death flag.

The wedding gives me more impact than the episode itself

then onto the preview of next episode with a silly title (if you ask me) Grandpa's Gundam.

Kino? Kio? looks the most normal among 3 generations. His even in a car with a girl beside him >.> (or is that girl?)
Old 2012-04-22, 06:57   Link #44
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiDamien View Post
I'm very curious on what exactly did the corrupts brought to the Vagan. The way the corrupted was weeded out seems too easy, not that i really mind though. Its nice to see a united EFF against the Vagan, but honestly we never really see the full implications on what the corrupts did . I mean we knew that the covering up of the Mars event was what that (probably) led Vagan's counterattack, but still other then that i don't recall anything that the corrupts did that was 'game-changing'. It's possible that EFF's lack of advanced MS compared to vagan was a result of the treaty, but i find it weird that the corrupts would stop people from accessing old MS blueprints in gen-2. Or maybe they didn't *shrugs*
What part of Vegans blackmailing and bribing Fed officials did you not get.

In terms of the prime minister it was family dirt. Well that dirt is pretty much public knowledge given the UE now known a Vegans were Mars colonist remnants.

Flit just connected the dots. That plot seems too damn stupid in my opinion. People wont care what your ancestors did a 178 years ago to endanger your political reputation. Its a jab at political dynasties but the way the writers did with it is too dumb and out of nowhere.

Flit just did a purge. It's like when the US did witch hunts on who were communists. Purges are damn messy and chances are an innocent would be falsely accused.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 08:20   Link #45
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
That looks like it has the Zeta's wings.

Anyway, pretty lacking episode. Quite disappointed. The lack of excitement, the lame new Vagan MS (Seriously. Its colours are odd, its face looks nothing like the other Vagan suits, and its fight as the final boss was pretty boring), and the sudden blooming of the Asem x Romary relationship that seemed to have come out of nowhere.
If by out of nowhere you mean has kind of had the potential for being there since the start of the arc then yeah I guess it kind of came out of nowhere.

I don't know for me this is like the least surprising thing to come out of this arc.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 09:24   Link #46
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/5374/age2mp.jpg

^-- Yikes! That's some horrible building CG! :S
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 10:10   Link #47
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Maybe Flit is not seen because he's the wedding photographer?

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 10:26   Link #48
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Just when I thought Flit couldn't be more of a dick, he goes on and performs a coup d'etat, executing anyone with connections to the Vagans.

Whatever moral high ground he might have had is lost now. I know some of you will say "but the vagans killed colonies!", and I agree that's bad, but Flit is out to exterminate every vagan (his own words). That's not what the good guys are supposed to do.
Old 2012-04-22, 10:58   Link #49
ion475
にこにこにー

All I'll say is, what a lame ending.

Seriously...

1. After one big battle, skip one year ahead. And boom, out of nowhere they found the "mole"...
2. Asemu is being lame for following his father. Flit's revenge will never end and it's not a step that he wants to follow...
3. Oh well, Asemu and Romary coupling when Zehart x Romary is a much better end along with Asemu x Alisa (Running)
4. All in all, Asemu arc starts promising. They decide to rush 2 episodes to wrap the whole arc up for the sake of wrapping stuff up. I wish there would be battle around Earth sphere, now that would be actually interesting instead of them wasting AGE-2 by only fighting one-on-one (and Asemu is still not that good at it even after all this time...)
5. Last note, at least White AGE-2 looks awesome...
Old 2012-04-22, 11:00   Link #50
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
Just when I thought Flit couldn't be more of a dick, he goes on and performs a coup d'etat, executing anyone with connections to the Vagans.

Whatever moral high ground he might have had is lost now. I know some of you will say "but the vagans killed colonies!", and I agree that's bad, but Flit is out to exterminate every vagan (his own words). That's not what the good guys are supposed to do.
He's executing traitors and spies... Treason is a serious, and sometimes capital offense even today. Death penalty is still used in the USA. Heck, in the UK, mandatory death penalty for treason convicts was only recently outlawed. And spies are spies... They always get treated in the worst way possible when they get captured.
Old 2012-04-22, 11:12   Link #51
Yusei Fudo
Banned

So Asemu and Romary marry off the spot. Awesome (they still like age 18 or something? FAST).

So we get final season next week. Can't wait, but where is Asem in there? o3o
Yusei Fudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 11:44   Link #52
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/5374/age2mp.jpg

^-- Yikes! That's some horrible building CG! :S
What exactly is wrong with it?

Also people realize this isn't the ending right?
Old 2012-04-22, 11:46   Link #53
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

The buildings look fine to me...
Old 2012-04-22, 11:49   Link #54
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
The buildings look fine to me...
Yeah unless this is yet another nitpicky thing I'm just plain not seeing it. I'm poring over the picture for signs of horrible CGI quality and it just looks like a standard generic building you'd see in 99.9% of TV series action scenes.
Old 2012-04-22, 12:18   Link #55
pumpkins

The only thing that looks weird is the lack of detail inside the damaged building on the right..
pumpkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 12:20   Link #56
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
What? You wanted him to just sit back and watch while the Federation falls apart from traitors in the higher-ups? Your just grasping at straws now. His coup targeted traitors in the upper echelons of the Federation, traitors who willingly gave support to the Vagans to allow them to hold Federation citizens as hostages and shields. Don't know which country your from but "treason" is a serious crime that will result in death penalties or at least extremely severe ones(Most cases life imprisonment) and we're talking about an actual high ranking official here.

I find it hilarious that your all about the Vagans who pretty much perform underhanded tricks but when it comes to Flit trying to root it out in which case he does it directly you put him in the same bed as the devil.

That and the Federation is at war with the Vagans if you handn't noticed and nations tend to be a bit more extreme in these cases as there's very little room for liberalism.

It's a miracle that the Flit had so much leeway in directing the war that the Prime Minister didn't even targeted him to begin with.

Last edited by SoldierOfDarkness; 2012-04-22 at 13:29.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 12:51   Link #57
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
"MY GOAL IS TO ELIMINATE ALL VEGANS!"

That pretty much says it all. You know who else talked like that? Multha Azrael. Patrick Zala. Look how that mess turned out. Somebody needs to slam Flit's brakes. Or give him an AGE Bright Slap.

And it didn't help that he's become such a douche that he couldn't even attend his own son's wedding. Maybe he was on important business?.........nope, NOT understandable. That's the kind of thing you make time for unless the world is ending, and if that were the case Asem would be there working too, anyway.
Maybe it's the staff telling us something abotu Flit's downward spiral; the arc started with Flit remembering Asem's birthday, and it ends with him not going to his wedding.

Well, at least they tried to wrap up AsemxRomary properly. Some "kiss and make up" to their conflict and a wedding. Far more wrap-up than FlitxEmily ever got. (which was, like, none) But it was still rushed; the talk at the beginning of the episode should have happened a little sooner, and the wedding was tacked on as if it was an afterthought.

On a side note, Kio looks much more masculine in the preview, despite that fact he's younger than both of his predecessors in their debuts. (the early magazine scans made him look so feminine that I actually mistook him for a girl )
Old 2012-04-22, 13:38   Link #58
atilim
Knightmare

So much Flit hate even though I don't see any wrongs with his remarks.

If Vagan wanted a truce then they would accepted the truce already (see eps 16) or would have used the corrupt politicians in such a way that it would be acceptable for the majority of the people. Vagan have no interest in peace, they are willing to sacrifice innocent people that have nothing to do with anything and use corrupt politicians (after they themselves corrupt them) to justify their actions.

Just during eps 26/27 when they wanted to dock with the colony just so they can use it's resources and force the people their to work for them tells me enough or attacking colony that have zero military capabilities.

I personally though that Flit was bad ass during this eps, especially when he waited for his son to show up just before Vagan was going to shoot.

And it is weird that he didn't attend his sons wedding but we have no idea the situation he is in. As the leader of the Coup he has a responsibility that goes beyond his family, you can't just do something as big as a coup and then decide to take a day off during a period where everything can turn unstable. Just compare what Flit did to bombing a country to dust, killing of the leaders and then just leave the country in roubles without any form of structure, it will be chaos.

Preview:
It looked interesting the preview, the new grunt suits look much better then the current dolls because even though it is the same colour (most likely same looks) at least the new mobile suits can transform.

Future Flit:
He kind of looks lame, judging by his outfit he has retried from being a active military leader and has started to focus more on mobile suit development. Personally I think it is for the best for earth if Flit involves more in MS development and leave the commanding to others (at least to the capable ones like that blond guy) or his son (depending on how he develops ofc).

kio:
Initial impression as a pilot is that he looks more capable then Flit and Asemu (comparing them to their first eps). I guess the intend is to speed up the introduction phase and pilot training phase aka the initial few episodes where the Gundam pilot sucks and at best only wins because of their overwhelming power of the Gundam.
atilim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 13:48   Link #59
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
So because one side has no interest in peace, it's okay for the other side to wipe out the other entirely? Because that's what Flit wants.

Again, attending your son's wedding is something you make time for. The only acceptable excuse would have been something serious enough that would have put Asem in action too.

There's too much Flit siding here. The only people who wish to commit mass-murder/genocide (and there's no argument here; Flit's wording precisely states he wants to wipe out all Vegans) are not good people. Good luck finding any other Gundam characters without serious issues who wouldn't smack Flit in the face. There's no defending someone who wants to wipe out an entire race. There's just no excuse. The only thing that will save Flit from becoming truly evil now is if sopmebody stops him, or he has an epiphany and stops himself, but commiting genocide is not what a good guy does. There's just no arguing that.
Old 2012-04-22, 14:17   Link #60
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Not only did Asemu repaint the gundam, but he's even wearing Woolf's clothes now. Nice to see him mature. like that we got a little bit on interaction between Romary and Asemu, even showed their wedding. A little better than Emily and Flit. Lol Flit didn't even attend the wedding though.

So Grodek's data was useful in the end. So Zeheart will be showing up in gen-3. Guess Kio will take him out like Asemu took out Desil. Hope there's a scene in gen-3 with all 3 fighting with their gundams together. I doubt it, but i hope Vargas lives somehow.

Tags
weekly episode discussion