AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Little Busters

Notices

View Poll Results: Little Busters - Episode 23 Rating
Perfect 10 7 20.59%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 9 26.47%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 29.41%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 11.76%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 2.94%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.94%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 2.94%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.94%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-03-17, 12:00   Link #21
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
*Mom is still alive*
(; ・`ω・´)...
What's so wrong with that?
Old 2013-03-17, 12:34   Link #22
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'm disappointed we didn't get to see Kud reunite with her mom. This would have been a powerful scene. I guess they wanted to put more emphasis on her friendship with the Little Busters.
Old 2013-03-17, 14:04   Link #23
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Even though this isn't a technically perfect episode, I rated it 10/10. I do that because it captured that good 'ol Key magic as well as anything else I've seen in Little Busters yet. It's just so stupendously sweet and charming that it makes my more analytical side not care much about the flaws and contrivances.

For example, I consider it a flaw how serious antagonists in Little Busters have this tendency to be nameless, faceless, brutally child-abusing monsters that are like the epitome of almost inexplicable evil... but I guess they do serve their roles well. At some level, I think they're meant to represent the destructive chaos out there in the world and how it can severely harm people. Haruka/Kanata vs. their adopted family and now Kud vs. this rebel uprising isn't really "Man vs. Man". It's more "Man vs. Nature" in an odd sort of way. I think it's meant to show how hope, love, faith, and friendship are all helpful, if not integral, in overcoming the natural challenges we face in life.

The episode was certainly heartwarming, helped greatly by good direction, good face shots, excellent seiyu work, and gorgeously lovely BGM.
Old 2013-03-18, 09:14   Link #24
Gohan78
Awakened One

For me this episode was disappointing, but I guess it was inevitable after they removed any hints of romance. In the VN I felt the strong bond between Riki and Kud that made even the teleportation of the gear acceptable. In the anime it was just a deus-ex-machina.
Still I love Kud so much that I gave this episode a 7/10, and I am being generous here...
(De Vermis Mysteriis)
Old 2013-03-20, 13:36   Link #25
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Opinions regarding what's missing / changed are fine, as long as they are focused on the episode alone, without too much details (otherwise, comparison thread is there for such purpose).
Past that, please do not derail the thread into generalizing portions that should not even be debated in a weekly episode thread.

Nuked the hell out of the discussion, as it is simply not even relevant to episode 23, period.
Old 2013-03-20, 14:21   Link #26
MCAL

I think episode 23 was fine. I played the VN version of the route after the anime finished it. I simply don't see how the removal of romance removed all the impact. All it did was change the way the ending scenes played out, not the impact. In fact, I think the friendship angle was truer to the main theme of Little Busters as I've seen it so far. And that's all I'm going to say on the matter.
Old 2013-03-25, 02:49   Link #27
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
I think episode 23 was fine. I played the VN version of the route after the anime finished it. I simply don't see how the removal of romance removed all the impact. All it did was change the way the ending scenes played out, not the impact. In fact, I think the friendship angle was truer to the main theme of Little Busters as I've seen it so far. And that's all I'm going to say on the matter.
It didn't remove the impact, but it DID change the pacing of that impact. The VN's route took it to explosive paces....while the anime took it slowly but surely.
Old 2013-03-28, 18:19   Link #28
kitten320

I liked first half but then it was a bit meh and What?

Well we are learning more about the world and Riki since to be a big piece in it going by what happened.

But somehow it was a very sudden change. We have Kud going through dungeon and then suddenly she is back to Japan like if nothing happened...

Also that terrorist girl has very good Russian seiyu, wonder if she has Russian origins.
Kanata's pronounsation of "Ne puha ne pera" was very clear as well.
Old 2013-03-30, 20:43   Link #29
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Index, on Toaru Majutsu no Index Episode 1
Then, would you accompany me to the depths of hell?
A pretty solid episode. The Little Busters, for the first time, feel helpless amidst Kud's situation, as she is thousands of miles away, way too far for most of their attempts to reach her. Kud shows her strength in this episode, fighting against this helplessness, and — thanks to a mysterious magic — makes it out to safety.

I will not say what should not be said about Key magic. I'm just glad that Kud made it back. ;_;

And for Kud's "ни пуха ни пера!", I say "Go to hell!"
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2013-05-02, 12:17   Link #30
s07195
However,

4 things:
-Mio smiling
-Kanata with the LB
-Awesome BGM with an awesome scene of the LB wishing for Kud's safety
-Riki is obviously a wizard.
Old 2013-09-15, 08:31   Link #31
Akka

Main feeling from the episode : WTF ?

This arc was just completely outlandish and contrived, which is sad as Kud is probably my favourite character.
We go from stories which are appropriately scaled (even if it pushes the boundaries in the twins case) to city-wide explosion (with a ridiculous "but the guys who were right inside the rocket somehow managed to get out and are alive") and then a frigging CIVIL WAR with capture by rebels and various abuse.

Even in magical worlds, there need to be some consistency, and the completely disjointed and not believable feeling this episode gave really made it feel awful.
Old 2013-10-10, 00:32   Link #32
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
So we get some more insight into Kud and her beleaguered homeland. It's no wonder she doesn't want to be here and back with the Little Busters. But she can't just run away from matters, and decides to reconcile with her mother once and for all.

Now if the episode just ended here, I would have said it would be pretty good, but once again Key undermines itself with events that are arguably stupid even for this show. She gets kidnapped by nameless generic rebels (terrorists) and they strip her naked (why? You bastards, and the camera angles really fucked with what was supposed to be sentimental) and suddenly we're all serious business with her life at stake but the power of friendship saves her. I unfortunately found myself laughing more than taking this seriously, especially when her house blew up. I think this attempt at drama was pretty bad honestly. But it's ok, she'll be safe because the episode's gonna be over soon.

On the good side, we at least get some decent expressions from the cast, and Rin fanservice, which i prefer over Kud fanservice for sure. And they're really a strong group of friends.

It seems better if Key stays away from world building and fantasy elements, because they are just so awful at it. There's already a nice story underneath this arc that really made Kud a more interesting character , and I would have liked it more if they just stuck with that.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2013-10-10, 21:17   Link #33
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
It seems better if Key stays away from world building and fantasy elements, because they are just so awful at it. There's already a nice story underneath this arc that really made Kud a more interesting character , and I would have liked it more if they just stuck with that.
I would have to say that it depends on who is doing the writing of the scenario rather than the company as a whole. I agree, the Kud route wasn't one of my favorites.

Last edited by Leo_Otaku; 2013-10-10 at 23:08.
Old 2013-10-10, 23:25   Link #34
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
That makes sense, but off the top off my head I can only bring one Key instance of truly fantastical outgoings that I felt highly satisfied with but that's only because I worship the 2-d ground Mai Kawasumi walks on, really, lol.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2013-10-13, 14:00   Link #35
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
That makes sense, but off the top off my head I can only bring one Key instance of truly fantastical outgoings that I felt highly satisfied with but that's only because I worship the 2-d ground Mai Kawasumi walks on, really, lol.
lol that is fine Mai is awesome. Everyone has a favourite. I have too many. I look forward to your opinion on the rest of the LB episodes
Closed Thread