AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2013-10-03, 07:50   Link #81
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Mari Minami from Rebuild of Evangelion. She has got NOTHING! Heck, even dolly Rei has her own depth!

Maybe Mari after all is just a quasi-secondary character...
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-03, 09:05   Link #82
BloodyKitty
Raindrop Melancholy

Charlotte Dunois from Infinite Stratos is basically the only reason I could sit through the whole terrible show. Sometimes I wonder why such a nice female character even appear among the whole bland cast. She deserves to be in a better anime than this.

Asuka Soryu Langley from Neon Genesis Evangelion is a rare tsundere female character that I like for actually making the show a lot more interesting with her fiery personality, her energetic battle style and her psychological problems. Generally the whole mood of this anime is so depressing and without her I would find my interest in the show dropping down.

Watashi from Jinrui wa Suitaishimashita is a very charming female lead with her funny deadpan remarks and great wit. She's the biggest reason I love the show.

Kino from Kino no Tabi is another great lead for being a strong, independent and smart character that keeps their own principles and priorities in traveling above all else and has a true neutral standpoint in most of the matter. There are other great things about this show but Kino is one of its biggest strong points.

Orihara Izaya from Durarara!!. The show has a last cast with many great characters but without his influence among the other characters this anime wouldn't be as great as it is.

Togami Byakuya from Dangan Ronpa is largely the reason I watched the anime until the end. Sure he is a douchbag, but he is most of the time the only voice of realism among the cast and have a different standpoint from the other characters that make the debates in class trials interesting.

Gasai Yuno from Mirai Nikki is basically the whole show.

Suzumiya Haruhi from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya is a very polarizing character for me, strangely enough. She was the exact reason I got interested in keeping with this anime and also the same reason I sometimes have to consider dropping it. There are times her energy does wonder for the show and there are times her aggressiveness just put me off terribly.
The fact that you hate
The fact that you scream
The fact that you suffer
The fact that you mourn
The fact that you despair
Or the fact that you come to a resolution

Cannot prove that you are right.
~Everybody Has the Right to Make Mistakes~ - Quoted from Kino's Journey Vol. 12

Last edited by BloodyKitty; 2013-10-03 at 09:17.
BloodyKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-03, 09:29   Link #83
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

I agree with almost all of your above choice, especially Asuka. But I'll have to disagree with you on Charlotte! I'm a Novel reader and Fanfic writer, so my view is probally different, but what made Charl so special? Her story, while has the mark of its own, proved to be a no-end. In contrast, Houki, Cecillia, Rin and Laura stories could has a much more impact when you done the right mix.

Basically, this is what I think of Charl: Moe Lv.10 (But not my taste. I prefer something more traditional like Houki) + Appealling Background + Great Voic Actor.
Old 2013-10-03, 10:42   Link #84
BloodyKitty
Raindrop Melancholy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
I agree with almost all of your above choice, especially Asuka. But I'll have to disagree with you on Charlotte! I'm a Novel reader and Fanfic writer, so my view is probally different, but what made Charl so special? Her story, while has the mark of its own, proved to be a no-end. In contrast, Houki, Cecillia, Rin and Laura stories could has a much more impact when you done the right mix.

Basically, this is what I think of Charl: Moe Lv.10 (But not my taste. I prefer something more traditional like Houki) + Appealling Background + Great Voic Actor.
Actually thinking back about it, most of my knowledge of IS is from the anime and some bits of the manga, not the novel, but even with the manga I can still see how much the anime make the other girls look worse than how they really should be. Take Cecilia for example, her backstory was mostly omitted in the anime that made her sudden change of attitude and falling for Ichika so stupid in my eyes, also her annoying high-pitched voice didn't help. Similarly, the dumb way they handled Laura's backstory and her falling for Ichika made me shake my head. I quite like Rin's personality in the manga, but the anime didn't really show her interesting quirks and made her quite bland to me. I do not like how anime treats tsundere females most of the time, and Houki is not that much of an exception when many times her actions in the anime just came out as too aggressive and a nuisance to others.

That said I actually like Charlotte in the anime as a girl in a harem who actually has good attention in doing her own job and is efficient, has a sweet and calm way of handling people, and yet she does not come out as a Mary Sue who is good at anything and loved by many people. She stands out as being nice, caring yet attentive and knows what she's doing, while other girls came out as aggressive in their approach towards many things. Charlotte's moeness and great voice help of course . Yet at the same time maybe another reason she stands out to me is because the anime butchered the other girls' characters :P

That said I could understand why you don't like her on the novel standpoint, as I heard her development is no good and well, she doesn't show many layers outside of her usual personality. With such a character like Charlotte, I think she can be developed well when she is put in a situation that pushed her limits, you know, when there is a situation where she can't keep her calm anymore, and her current knowledge and communication way can't help her make the situation any better and she has to seek other ways to get past it. Though with the series's nature, asking for serious development like this is a bit too much.
The fact that you hate
The fact that you scream
The fact that you suffer
The fact that you mourn
The fact that you despair
Or the fact that you come to a resolution

Cannot prove that you are right.
~Everybody Has the Right to Make Mistakes~ - Quoted from Kino's Journey Vol. 12

Last edited by BloodyKitty; 2013-10-03 at 11:06.
BloodyKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-03, 18:56   Link #85
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyKitty View Post
That said I actually like Charlotte in the anime as a girl in a harem who actually has good attention in doing her own job and is efficient, has a sweet and calm way of handling people, and yet she does not come out as a Mary Sue who is good at anything and loved by many people. She stands out as being nice, caring yet attentive and knows what she's doing, while other girls came out as aggressive in their approach towards many things. Charlotte's moeness and great voice help of course . Yet at the same time maybe another reason she stands out to me is because the anime butchered the other girls' characters :P
That is simply because that is no love, even with Charl. There is no love in a harem, only crush.
Old 2013-10-04, 21:55   Link #86
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

The entire reason I watched Sentou Yousei Yukikaze was because of Yukikaze.

Let's face it, Yukikaze was a character in her own right, despite being a fighter. (Though a most awesome jet fighter was she.)

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-11, 12:37   Link #87
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
That is simply because that is no love, even with Charl. There is no love in a harem, only crush.
Don't argue about love in harem series .

What makes Char loved by everyone is she doesn't goes physical abusive towards the main character while others while try to kill him right on the place.

Instead she goes embarrased or shy while making herself look cute. She doesn't overreacts.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-11, 17:09   Link #88
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Don't argue about love in harem series .

What makes Char loved by everyone is she doesn't goes physical abusive towards the main character while others while try to kill him right on the place.

Instead she goes embarrased or shy while making herself look cute. She doesn't overreacts.
A harem heroine that doesn't display violent tendencies towards her prospective lover?

I don't even watch that anime and Charle sounds like a winner to me already.
Old 2013-10-11, 17:38   Link #89
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

No physical abuse?

Tch... Have you guy ever seen Charlotte's Yandere face? By the 6th volume of the Light Novel, she basically joined the mass to tormented Ichika.

If you want to see someone that doesn't hurt Ichika, choose the Shirasaki sisters: Tatenashi, the older and school president is a typical Onee-san type: Only teasing but also the most mature of the bunch when it's time. The younger, Kanzashiki, is just your normal quite Otaku Kuudere.
Old 2013-10-11, 17:43   Link #90
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
A harem heroine that doesn't display violent tendencies towards her prospective lover?

I don't even watch that anime and Charle sounds like a winner to me already.
That, and she is the most reasonable and down-to-earth girl among the other harem members. Oh, there’s one more thing...
Spoiler for IS plot point:
Old 2013-10-14, 00:26   Link #91
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

DBZ - Gohan SSJ2, nuff said

Osaka - Azumanga Daioh, she stole the show with her weird attics

Mai - Nichijou, trolling to the max
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-14, 03:02   Link #92
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
DBZ - Gohan SSJ2, nuff said
I dunno if a character appears that far into show can count as show saving or show making .
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-14, 20:21   Link #93
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
I dunno if a character appears that far into show can count as show saving or show making .
Hey he has been in the beginning of the show since the beginning and always shows some remarkable developments and has the most potential in all casts.
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-13, 00:02   Link #94
Tasuke Shichiri
♥Mikuru Asahina♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Sometimes in anime there's a show you don't particularly like, and/or a cast that you find largely underwhelming (or worst), but you keep watching due to how much you like one particular character in the show...
So who's that "One Special Character" for you? Either in a show-saving, or a show-ruining, sense.

And in the "show-saving" case, did you ultimately find it worth it to stick around for just this One Special Character?

that would be the Haruhi series, for me.

i mean, the Anime, -Seasons I, II, and "Disappearance" feature film-
are alright... often quite good even, and are certainly beautifully animated, -however- the storyline, more often than not, tends to leave me feeling rather... Meh.

all the same, there does exist this [I]one special Female Chara[/I] that just keeps on managing to make it all come together into a cohesively beautiful whole for me.
i'll just be leaving it up to all of you to figure out who i'm going on about; there are rather strong hints to be found all around after all...
Old 2013-11-13, 08:38   Link #95
FireChick

I don't normally talk about this, but I might as well. When I first watched The Vision of Escaflowne for the first time, I watched it in English...and that turned out to be a bad idea. At the time, I didn't quite understand what was so good about it. Then I watched it in Japanese and German. Then I understood. But what really kept me in the series was one character. I didn't find the other characters interesting compared to this guy. He made the series for me. He's the most complex, most sympathetic, and the best character in the whole series! I identify and relate to him very personally, and I never do this with villains! It is...

Spoiler:

Yes yes yes, I know! I know I shouldn't be ogling over a villain but...I just can't help it! He charmed me and his struggles resonated with me like no other! Feel free to crucify me.
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-19, 23:04   Link #96
BeyondTheGrave007
anonymous

Seiko Shinohara from Corpse Party.
BeyondTheGrave007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-26, 20:44   Link #97
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
A lot of Oreimo's viewers had Kirino as someone who nearly put them off the show. I didn't dislike her but I did have two characters from Fantasista Doll. The indecisive Uzume and bull-headed Sasara are personalities that are adorable when they get along and annoying when they don't. The swings in their relationship never stop in the middle and makes the mood swings jarring. They make for a bad relationship because separately they're harmless characters.

And to a greater extent, there was Inuyasha and Kagome from Inuyasha. Inoffensive characters, offensive pairing.
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-29, 17:57   Link #98
kitten320

I love Kuroko! While she does go overboard, I find her antics hilarious. Besides she does her job well when needed.
Still laughing at Obama joke in Index.

Special character wise...

Hate:
Hitsugaya from Bleach - fans love him yet he annoys the hell out of me. Or more how he is treated because of his fanbase. His battles are painful to watch for me.

Love:
Isayama Yomi from Ga-Rei Zero - I still can't make myself to read manga because of what happened and how she is treated there. I like anime but without Yomi, I don't think I would like it as much as I did.

Kuga Natsuki from Mai HiME - similar story. Love her to bits in anime but in manga... don't get me started. Her character was completely destroyed to the point that I could not read it. While I love most of the cast, seeing her the way she was in manga was too much for me to handle.

Kuroneko from Imouto - now that I know how this series end, she literally is the only reason why anyone should bother with the series.

L from Death Note - I literally dropped the series after that one scene. Only half a year later did I manage to finish it and let's just say, it was not the same any more.

Last edited by kitten320; 2013-12-29 at 18:09.
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-30, 11:12   Link #99
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
Nono from Diebuster made the OVA much more enjoyable than it would have been otherwise. Her hair goes on fire, she's a weapon launcher, Falcon Kicks everything, and can still be taken seriously. She was doubtless in chasing her dreams but was still interesting to watch for everything she overcame. A ditzy idealist's believably satisfying triumph in free will against a destiny-set world. She was an over-the-top mix of bubbly and badass held by a passion showing on both sides; smaller than most, larger than life, approachable by all. If I translated all of her dialog, it would end up being false subtitles telling the truth about how awesome she is.

Ahem.
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-30, 11:53   Link #100
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
L-Elf from Valvrave made the series watchable.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote