AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

View Poll Results: Aldnoah.Zero - Episode 24 [END] Rating
Perfect 10 9 6.98%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 13.18%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 14.73%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 11.63%
6 out of 10 : Average 19 14.73%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 15 11.63%
4 out of 10 : Poor 10 7.75%
3 out of 10 : Bad 3 2.33%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 3.10%
1 out of 10 : Painful 18 13.95%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2015-03-28, 12:23   Link #61
nubby

Crap ending imo. What a waste of time
Old 2015-03-28, 12:29   Link #62
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubby View Post
Crap ending imo. What a waste of time
This. Not like the rest was much better though.

But at least we've got Charles and Erik at the end.
Old 2015-03-28, 12:34   Link #63
neobosco

Old 2015-03-28, 12:46   Link #64
Sakuratsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by neobosco View Post
Exactly what I was thinking when watching that scene with slaine and Inaho.
Old 2015-03-28, 13:10   Link #65
pampz21
ShipCore

Iam so happy to have drop the series; just to pick up the last episode.

Zero plot; They just went to establish Peace Treaty just like Episode 1.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2015-03-28, 13:10   Link #66
Wandering Soul

Quote:
That was the first thing that I thought seeing that scene
Old 2015-03-28, 13:11   Link #67
Rias

Incomplete combustion. I rather Slaine became the bad guy all the way until the end. The show was excellent at the start (especially the first 3 episodes), still good until near the end of season 1, then season 2 was just a giant question mark.

They really needed more time to explain things, or just kept it short and sweet within one season. I wonder what would've happened if they had Urobuchi working on the story from start to finish, instead of just in the beginning few episodes.
Old 2015-03-28, 13:15   Link #68
itisjustme

I liked the battle scenes but the Inaho vs Slaine fight was pretty disappointing. It's like Tharsis's future sight was magically defeated.
Old 2015-03-28, 13:19   Link #69
Zoks

Seems to me the door was left wide open for a possible sequel. Lemrina is unaccounted for and we still have resistance from some of the Orbital Knights.
Old 2015-03-28, 13:20   Link #70
Ryuga

Quote:
Ahahahahahahaha

Anyway, so basically, Asseylum's plan would've worked, meaning Asseylum wasn't as naive as people thought. The action was good. Not the best ending by any stretch, but whatever, I enjoyed the series.
Old 2015-03-28, 13:21   Link #71
nubby

Quote:
LOL Yup. They did a complete 180% of Slaine's character in one eps to get this.
Old 2015-03-28, 13:21   Link #72
ChampDream
Alive

the ending felt really normal, with Inaho winning and Slaine just paying for the bad stuff he done, well at least neither of them end up with Asseylum.
I'm guessing Harklight and everyone else die in that battle and that Lemrina end up alone.

Quote:
I also thought about this when I saw the scene.
Old 2015-03-28, 13:23   Link #73
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

a very straight shooting ending. that's 2 for 2 from A-1 this season. no punches pulled, no bending to appease people from both A/Z and Shigatsu. A/Z's ending wasn't earth shatteringly amazing, but it was about as realistic as you can get. things don't always end happily.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2015-03-28, 13:24   Link #74
Key Board
Carbon

That was a rather bold ending.
But I liked it.

It was kinda like Code Geass
In the end, there really just too many wrong things about Mars
The only thing that could be done was take the blame, so a new generation could start fresh
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2015-03-28, 13:24   Link #75
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I... I actually liked the ending. In the end, Slaine finally realizes that what he is doing is pointless, and so orders the rest of the Orbital Knights to surrender instead of trying to convince them to fight his fight. In his own words, he knew he lost his way because he 'lost sight of what was important to him', and in the end he didn't want to drag any more people in his petty war of revenge against Inaho (ironically, I do still think he had the best chance with Hime if he didn't screw up, because in the end it was HIS well being that hime was most worried about).

If it wasn't for Harklight, he would've died a glorious death, but with Inaho showing up he knew he couldn't die just yet. Time to settle the score, if only so the feelings inside him has some way to be let out, or die trying. Just too bad Inaho always seem to screw up his plans lol.

You know what? In the end, with him being scapegoated for even the assassination of the princess, it's actually Slaine of all people who achieved peace between Earth and Mars. With all the blame put on him, I imagine none of the orbital knights had to be put on trial/stripped of their status because of the plan, so much resentment was prevented on their side.

Oddly enough, I see way more Inaho fans more salty about this ending than Slaine fans. Like hello, at least your character is not locked away in prison forever more.

Of course, I'm less 'butthurt' because the possibility of InahoXInko is still there (Rayet it's now your turn to DIAF lol) and that AsseylumXKlancain is kinda like osananajimi (They knew each other from Cruhteo's commendation ceremony, whihc I assume is a LONG time ago), but still I love Slaine the most as a character. By far and away the most dynamic character of the series, and while I'm actually sad he didn't go 'full Bizon' (I <3 full on yanderes), his fall from grace and his realization of his mistakes is probably the most human story of all.

Heck, his story reminds me of my handle (of which is one of the highest compliments I give), and I personally want an Aldnoah.One, if only for the chance where he will find redemption.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2015-03-28, 13:26   Link #76
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
a very straight shooting ending. that's 2 for 2 from A-1 this season. no punches pulled, no bending to appease people from both A/Z and Shigatsu. A/Z's ending wasn't earth shatteringly amazing, but it was about as realistic as you can get. things don't always end happily.
It's complete opposite of being realistic, really. The hole thing actually is, but who cares...

PS: in fact "things don't always end happily" is the only realistic thing here
Old 2015-03-28, 13:28   Link #77
Zoks

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
I... I actually liked the ending. In the end, Slaine finally realizes that what he is doing is pointless, and so orders the rest of the Orbital Knights to surrender instead of trying to convince them to fight his fight. In his own words, he knew he lost his way because he 'lost sight of what was important to him', and in the end he didn't want to drag any more people in his petty war of revenge against Inaho (ironically, I do still think he had the best chance with Hime if he didn't screw up, because in the end it was HIS well being that hime was most worried about).

If it wasn't for Harklight, he would've died a glorious death, but with Inaho showing up he knew he couldn't die just yet. Time to settle the score, if only so the feelings inside him has some way to be let out, or die trying. Just too bad Inaho always seem to screw up his plans lol.

You know what? In the end, with him being scapegoated for even the assassination of the princess, it's actually Slaine of all people who achieved peace between Earth and Mars. With all the blame put on him, I imagine none of the orbital knights had to be put on trial/stripped of their status because of the plan, so much resentment was prevented on their side.

Oddly enough, I see way more Inaho fans more salty about this ending than Slaine fans. Like hello, at least your character is not locked away in prison forever more.

Of course, I'm less 'butthurt' because the possibility of InahoXInko is still there (Rayet it's now your turn to DIAF lol) and that AsseylumXKlancain is kinda like osananajimi (They knew each other from Cruhteo's commendation ceremony, whihc I assume is a LONG time ago), but still I love Slaine the most as a character. By far and away the most dynamic character of the series, and while I'm actually sad he didn't go 'full Bizon' (I <3 full on yanderes), his fall from grace and his realization of his mistakes is probably the most human story of all.

Heck, his story reminds me of my handle (of which is one of the highest compliments I give), and I personally want an Aldnoah.One, if only for the chance where he will find redemption.
I said it before in Season 1 and I'll say it again now. Inaho is a siscon, he got the exact girl he wanted.
Old 2015-03-28, 13:29   Link #78
Sixth
Hu Tao

I don't understand why people said the ending was bad. It was good. Slaine got what he deserved. Inaho move on with his life. Asseylum finally realized her dream; to make peace with Earth. The battle scenes were actually great.

I think only Slaine's fans think the ending is bad.
Old 2015-03-28, 13:30   Link #79
synx

Wait , Dr. Troyard plotted the assassination of Princess Asseylum? When did they mention this???
Old 2015-03-28, 13:31   Link #80
Zoks

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
I don't understand why people said the ending was bad. It was good. Slaine got what he deserved. Inaho move on with his life. Asseylum finally realized her dream; to make peace with Earth. The battle scenes were actually great.

I think only Slaine's fans think the ending is bad.
Shippers aren't happy either. Well, except the Inaho/Slaine shippers, as apparently Inaho seems to still be dating Slaine even though he and Asseylum broke up.
Closed Thread