AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > GATE

Notices

View Poll Results: GATE - Episode 24 Rating
Perfect 10 9 28.13%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 8 25.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 25.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 12.50%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 3.13%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 3.13%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 3.13%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2016-03-25, 22:02   Link #41
ReddyRedWolf

Molt is sneaky as ever. Instead of him doing the heavy lifting for the Empire he chooses to be a figurehead making his children fight each. Besides Zorzal there is still that brother that left for overseas to gather an army.

For Piņa she didn't expect this. She has been the unfavored child being a girl. Even when Molt allowed her to make her knight order to him it is something to entertain herself till she can be married off. Now she is crowned princess. It is a vindication for Piņa.

It would've been better if a certain someone who rescued her was there but she' understand as she is thoroughly corrupted rotten Itami's Ex. It wouldn't surprise me if she'd want a piece of Itami after hearing he came for her primarily.

Well there is a lot of coupling and baby making eventually in this episode, except you Sugawara the government will put you into jail if touch Sherry.
Old 2016-03-25, 22:06   Link #42
Iron Maw
Banned

LMAO! Itami's Otakuism came back in full force there didn't?

Guess the poor guy had that bottle up for too long. Though kind of oddly that he care that much for something like fantasy manga when he's been living it for year.

And that shipping scene was cheesiest thing, I've seen in awhile. Right let's just coincidentially pair everyone up... except the women officers.

The rescue operation was fun overall. At first it looked like it was going a little too smoothly especially after the Ogre got BTFO'd (though the fight itself was good if not a little too one-sided), but at least the imperial guard put a bit more resistance at the end there. Looks like Itami had imparted a little trauma on the flop of our prince here, which is well deserved. Should put him in his place for awhile even if he essentially escaped. Things certainly aren't over when though.

Overall despite initial misgivings the adaptation definitely improved towards it's end. The 2nd cour much more consistent in production values and handle it's censorship in a better fashion that end up impacting the show negatively. The story Right Wing was thankfully noticeably absent this cour since kept the fantasy politics and relations of SDF and the Empire as the core focus allowing for a better experience. Definitely a good show at the end of the day.
Old 2016-03-25, 22:25   Link #43
pagan poor
Swayin' to the beat

So now it's the Japanese controlled puppet government of the Empire vs the rebellion led by Prince Zolzal. It's all in how you frame it.
Old 2016-03-25, 22:38   Link #44
Iron Maw
Banned

I wouldn't really a call it puppet government though. Pina became the head of state because her father passed on the mantle to her in per tradition on their own terms. The SDF had nothing to do with that, furthermore Molt and Pina had already agreed with having peace with Japan prior to Zorzal's hostile takeover. All he did was delay what should have happened a month ago.

Frankly even without Japan's help the Empire would hunt down Zorzal for being a bloody traitor and unlawfully imprisoning a member of the royal family. Let's not forget the poisoning.
Old 2016-03-25, 22:42   Link #45
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by David375 View Post
I'm not sure what the whole thing about that little girl in the start of Season 1 was supposed to be about, but I don't think it's any coincidence that they look SO MUCH THE SAME. If anyone has read the Manga and could spoil any little bit about that girl, please PM me because it's driving me nuts.
If you're talking about the little girl at Ginza who lost (at least one of) her parents, she looks like Sherry because lol generic character design. Pretty sure she was anime original, since I don't remember seeing her in the manga, which has mostly been more LN accurate.
Old 2016-03-25, 23:14   Link #46
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Best anime of the year, actually...this is one of the only anime ive watched the rest are just generic anime you see year after year nowadays, need more gate and utawaremonos animes ^^

9/10
Old 2016-03-25, 23:19   Link #47
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
I also enjoyed every episode of the series.

For me it is not a spectacular work, but it was engaging at least, and decently effective. ^^

I would give the series a 7.0 - 7.5 / 10 overall.
Old 2016-03-25, 23:52   Link #48
rladls2121

Talking about Rory in the modern world, I wonder how is she going to affect some religious people's beliefs if it is revealed that Rory is a actual demi-god and tells everyone about the god she serves?

And in the Special Region there are more than just Rory that there are more demi gods out there and there are many kinds of supernatural Gods exists there, what would any believers and some scientists would think of that?

Thinking of Giselle, she looks like she painted all over her body, even though she is the real demi god in GATE's world sense, would people really believe she is a demi god or some extraterrestrial monster?
Old 2016-03-26, 00:20   Link #49
Yan3242

i doubt pina is going to become a "puppet" for politic and stuff, she seem to have experience of dealing that kind of thing, She is also quite "straight forward" person, if she get play as "puppet" she'll definitely fight back.

Right now she is surrounded with a lot of "good guys" so i doubt anything bad can happen at least right now
Old 2016-03-26, 00:22   Link #50
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

anyone else find some of the characters romantic relationships WELL THAT ESCALATED QUICKLY, i mean one got pregnant, the other are two people that almost tried to kill each other.
Old 2016-03-26, 00:46   Link #51
Yan3242

Escalated indeed, 1 pregnant, 1 father con, 1 lolicon (sugawara you lucky bastard)
Old 2016-03-26, 01:27   Link #52
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Damn, those... lopsided ships. Sometimes makes me think if the author is closet ephebophile or something.

Congratulations to Piņa. All her efforts have been rewarded with the throne she never expected to get in the first place.

Really hoping for a third season. Things just started getting more interesting.
Old 2016-03-26, 01:46   Link #53
Yan3242

it wont be long now before pina will tell her people her newfound "art" her rose knight will be scarier now.
Old 2016-03-26, 02:01   Link #54
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Wait, isn't the 2nd Prince supportive of peace talks and left to "gather" and army to stop Zorzal?

Hoping there's a thing between Itami and Princess Pina....
Old 2016-03-26, 02:48   Link #55
foxbox360
New Age Badass

Is Tryuule crying because her revenge didn't turn out how she vision.
Old 2016-03-26, 02:58   Link #56
Brother Coa
Banned

She cries because subconsciously she know that she created a way for many innocents to be killed.
Old 2016-03-26, 03:45   Link #57
knaka148

Quote:
Originally Posted by rladls2121 View Post
Talking about Rory in the modern world, I wonder how is she going to affect some religious people's beliefs if it is revealed that Rory is a actual demi-god and tells everyone about the god she serves?

And in the Special Region there are more than just Rory that there are more demi gods out there and there are many kinds of supernatural Gods exists there, what would any believers and some scientists would think of that?

-snip-
I heard that's point that the anime didn't get into. As is common with adaptions, it seems many things got dropped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yan3242 View Post
Escalated indeed, 1 pregnant, 1 father con, 1 lolicon (sugawara you lucky bastard)
Again, I heard there was more development in the source material, but apparently it got cut too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Coa View Post
She cries because subconsciously she know that she created a way for many innocents to be killed.
Huh, I guess there's many ways to interpret that. What I got from it was that she had achieved her goal of destroying the empire and now has nothing left. She may have done what she set out to do, but she never thought about what she would do after destroying the empire.

On a completely unrelated note, for some reason, when I saw the scene where the police officer 'evacuated' Itami, I thought he was the same officer he saved in the first episode. After watching parts of the first episode again however, it seems clear that I was mistaken. Now I think he might be the officer at the imperial palace instead.
Old 2016-03-26, 04:31   Link #58
Ultragunner

was it the Archer-class soldier that made the snipe shot near Zorzal?

Damn, I wish they had mentioned who shot it
Old 2016-03-26, 04:40   Link #59
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Well, it was a fun ride and it seems that Zolzal got a breakdown after being beaten by Lt. Youji Itami!

Meanwhile, I'm surprised to see Emperor Molt alive after being poisoned by Tyuule. Speaking of Tyuule, it's sucks that her vision of unleashing hell between the Empire and Japan didn't work in the end. On the other hand, most of Itami's comrades got girlfriends with Tomita-san becoming Bozes' husband!

In any case, what a great series but I don't think A-1 Pictures will make another season due to the controversy surrounding GATE.
Old 2016-03-26, 05:02   Link #60
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

i think they should have made a doujin convention beyond the Gate so Itami doesn't have to traverse between planets only suffer from epic failure.
Closed Thread