AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index LN - New Testament Volume 16 Rating
Perfect 10 11 28.21%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 9 23.08%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 23.08%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 12.82%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 2.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 5.13%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 2.56%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.56%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-09-12, 19:15   Link #461
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
But, we have one of my favorite I will break my illusion moments from the series. In terms of Kamijou development, NT16 pretty much hits the climax that OT1, OT2, OT22, and NT9 were. As a Kamijoufag, I could not be happier.
I will agree on this only if NT17 delivers and doesn't becomes another NT10 instead.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-12, 20:04   Link #462
SilverTalon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
This quote, for example, is an example of her forgetting that initial reason: to stay within Kamijou's world and be a support to him. Ironically, she dwarfs him quite a bit at this point in time. While I had always said that her character arc was a way to lead into her own independence, I was quite surprised that she had already taken great strides towards it.
Mikoto wasn't really calling him weak, and you seem to have misunderstood that quote. She was pointing out that Touma hadn't realized the state his body was in after suffering heat stroke and how she already did everything she could at the moment to improve his condition but it wasn't enough. Remember when he gets to Tokiwadai, he can't even walk by himself. That is her initial reason. That was to support him.
SilverTalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-13, 22:42   Link #463
zaikoi

Index NT 16 Review

Okay, I finally finished reading this volume. I shall give my full personal review. I guess this is the first time that I am doing reviews on Animesuki.

Spoiler for Illustrations reviews (6.5/10):

Spoiler for Prologue reviews (5/10):

Spoiler for Chapter 1 Review:

Spoiler for Chapter 2 Review(9/10)::

Spoiler for Chapter 3 Review (7/10)::

Spoiler for Chapter 4 & Epilogue Review (10/10):

Overall of this entire volume: I give this 8/10

Do forgive my first long review. I just want to express my thoughts in here for first reviewing on Animesuki.

Last edited by zaikoi; 2016-09-13 at 23:17.
zaikoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-17, 18:34   Link #464
mark1246

WOW the digital ver of NT16 is out today but Heavy Object Vol come out a day later when it was release......o.o.....does some one know how the digital novel release work? cause i think this happen with NT15 when was release a month later after it was release physically

thanks
Old 2016-09-19, 12:13   Link #465
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Hi guys, long time no see!

Anyways, I loved the volume a lot, flaws here and there but that's what makes the story interesting, you can have multiple PoV's and imo they can be correct.
Never gave two shits about kamisato in the least, but I at least gains some manor of Respect for him now that he is just a *powerless highschooler*. ;P

I think the OOCness of Touma is only because of how sudden it is compared to all the other times we see his thoughts of Misaka. He worries about everybody but since the warning he is being a little more observant, which I think needs to step up even more in general for him.

Misaki oh Misaki, it truly is a tragedy and I have hopes that it'll get better soon, So hang in their girl. <3

OMG I love Yuuitsu, she's certainly revenge motivated but I don't get the Sasuke vibe so I don't mind it too much. I'm hoping Touma will Knock her Illusions/reality the fuck up. I do want to see more of them intereracting. Here's to Yuuitsu joining the Harem!

P.S. Am I the only one who found her exceedingly sexy in her A.A.A. Illustraion?

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-19, 15:43   Link #466
Loremaster
He who writes too much.

So reread the volume in its entirety again and I must say a certain someone looks a bit brighter in my eyes. But not so much that I will still shed tears over him and more so if he comes back. If he does I want the Magic Gods to return on a rampage.

Especially the High Priest.

I like that guy, he had a great photographic face.
Loremaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-21, 20:12   Link #467
Router25
World Connector. I think

Is it wrong for me to think that an AGP A.A.A. Racing Swimsuit Mikoto might come on sale in the near future?
Old 2016-09-25, 21:28   Link #468
zaikoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravagerblade View Post
Hi guys, long time no see!

Anyways, I loved the volume a lot, flaws here and there but that's what makes the story interesting, you can have multiple PoV's and imo they can be correct.
Never gave two shits about kamisato in the least, but I at least gains some manor of Respect for him now that he is just a *powerless highschooler*. ;P

I think the OOCness of Touma is only because of how sudden it is compared to all the other times we see his thoughts of Misaka. He worries about everybody but since the warning he is being a little more observant, which I think needs to step up even more in general for him.

Misaki oh Misaki, it truly is a tragedy and I have hopes that it'll get better soon, So hang in their girl. <3

OMG I love Yuuitsu, she's certainly revenge motivated but I don't get the Sasuke vibe so I don't mind it too much. I'm hoping Touma will Knock her Illusions/reality the fuck up. I do want to see more of them intereracting. Here's to Yuuitsu joining the Harem!

P.S. Am I the only one who found her exceedingly sexy in her A.A.A. Illustraion?
Nope,you aren't the only one. I find Yuiitsu sexy as well with her A.A.A illustration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loremaster View Post
So reread the volume in its entirety again and I must say a certain someone looks a bit brighter in my eyes. But not so much that I will still shed tears over him and more so if he comes back. If he does I want the Magic Gods to return on a rampage.

Especially the High Priest.

I like that guy, he had a great photographic face.
But,High Priest was destroyed by A.A.A instead of being erased by WR. So,he is totally dead for sure unlike Niang Niang & other magic gods being erased by Kamisato.
zaikoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-25, 21:58   Link #469
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Did you skip the part about him being special regarding the path of reincarnations?
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-26, 00:16   Link #470
DragonXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
Did you skip the part about him being special regarding the path of reincarnations?
I don't think High Priest is coming back because he get kill by the AAA that had Crowley Will in it and already double weaked by both Zombie and Crowley but then again Crowley have not bet every good at killing people he is trying to kill.

I will not mind either way if High Preist stay dead or not.
DragonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-26, 03:01   Link #471
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonXX View Post
but then again Crowley have not bet every good at killing people he is trying to kill.
haha, kudos to this post, you are right i didnt really realize it until it got mentioned
Quote:
I will not mind either way if High Preist stay dead or not.
i would mind actually,
he is OP, and his personality doesnt seem like one who would work with anyone really well, so if he comes back it will mostlikely be as a villian again but kamachi has a terrible record for "reusing peolpe as villians",
the only other one i can remember is kakine (scavangers and ITEM to some extend but they got the same treatment), the villian isnt nerfed, he is actually powered up but than they turn into worf chars and only serve for the purpose of showing how overpowered the next enemy is...
so if HP comes back i fear that he will end like kakine
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-26, 07:52   Link #472
Tenzen12

I just want see him make bishonen face for real.
Old 2016-10-04, 13:00   Link #473
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Lol, Loremaster was that post about someone's photographic (photogenic?) face, trolling or serious?

I'm going to reread this volume in a few days, and then give a serious review. This volume I definitely didn't read properly the first time I read it. Most kamijou fans have been super excited by bit so I feel like I've been missing something lol. I wasn't particularly impressed by it, but I feel like I wasn't reading nearly carefully enough. I liked the volume, but didn't find it comparable to NT 9 or OT 22, so will be an interesting reread I think. I'll probably also read NT 14-15 first for context. Maybe.

To be honest, I don't know how to feel about Touma's recent character development. I've noticed him mellow out after NT 9, but that was expected. He'd seen what the world is actually like. I don't know if him moving back to his old ways is progressive or just regressive... Like, is it naive and childish for him to throw off what he has learned after "seeing a darker side of the world," is he yearning to go back to his old style of doing things and so he is just convincing himself that he can do it and ignore what has already happened? Or is he actually trying to move on and recover his old style in spite of everything that has happened after realizing he doesn't feel comfortable with how things currently stand? I need to read the volume again, but im unsure as to what he's actually doing.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-04, 23:38   Link #474
Tenzen12

I think Touma is character who can fulfill his role ONLY by not having development. He is supposed be immovable object that can support whole universe. The etalon. He had some minor swings, but on the end of day he is still indiscriminate saviour of girls.

Well I just hop that eventually getting girlfriend is in acceptable margin of error.
Old 2016-10-04, 23:43   Link #475
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
I think Touma is character who can fulfill his role ONLY by not having development. He is supposed be immovable object that can support whole universe. The etalon. He had some minor swings, but on the end of day he is still indiscriminate saviour of girls.
Lol, while I realize that partially, I'm still curious if he's heading in some other direction as well, or at least if he manages to get some more sophisticated ideals/outlook on the world even when he returns to his old way of doing things. I mean, I don't mind him being an idealist. That's why I like him, lol.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote