AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2007-07-25, 14:00   Link #1001
JaNoob

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayos View Post
That site really doesn't have any anime wallpaper. It's mostly game related with the exception of some other misc (babes, scenery, etc...).

Try ANIME PAPER

Still looking forward to MGS4; are those in game play or cut scenes?

EDIT:

Nvm, I saw the demo video, IT LOOKS AMAZING!!!!!!!

Too bad for the xbox folks though, the game's exclusive and all...
Bah, it sucks how they "force" you to either donate money or make wallpapers to fully use their site. Used to love their website, but I just don't like how we are limited. Maybe in the future I'll donate a dollar or two using Paypal to start downloading their wallpapers again.
JaNoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-26, 14:22   Link #1002
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

heavenly sword demo is up...
Old 2007-07-26, 14:31   Link #1003
Aka
Green Trees
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsheit View Post
heavenly sword demo is up...
Good? Bad? Feedback pl0x someone.
Old 2007-07-26, 16:02   Link #1004
ApathyEcstasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunBladeKid09 View Post
Most likely 2-4 years at a gestimate, I happen to love my PS3 mainly because of RainBow Six Vegas.
the lowest i ever see it going is 400 bucks tbqh..even at the 600 bucks or 700 bucks or whatever it's being sold at...it was STILL being sold at a LOSS..so yeah...don't get your hopes up
ApathyEcstasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-26, 16:22   Link #1005
Marvel
Demon-Fox Inside©

Well Ive made some anime wallpapers for PS3. Here are they....

Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-26, 16:29   Link #1006
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aka
Good? Bad? Feedback pl0x someone.
Well, the demo is UBER short. We're talking 5 minutes. I have a reasonably positive impression. First of all, there are action events as in God of War and a number of games now that require the occasional button press. The one included in the demo was a good deal of fun- more than that, the button presses made sense...you'll see. The graphics aren't quite as crisp or detailed as I expected them to be. The combat is a good deal of fun, but I certainly didn't get the hang of it in a 5 minute period. There seem to be a nice number of combos, though. The combat hinges mostly around the use of 3 different styles. one is default and the other two are engaged by holding down a certain button. It's certainly worth the download...no doubt about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel View Post
You=Awesome...mostly for the Ergo Proxy one.
Old 2007-07-27, 11:45   Link #1007
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayos View Post
What anime she's from? Looks familiar and thanks for the wallies.
No anime yet. It's from Highschool of the Dead, a monthly manga currently serializing in Dragon Age. There's currently 11 chapters released by both XLG, at the current raws. Yes, there's only 11 chapters in total currently. It haven't been a year since it's debut yet back in September 06.

Think zombie horror survival with additional anime-ish plotlines. Harems, fanservice, stuff. Quite a nice read, really. Not to mention the girls, (( especially the one in the wallie )) are hawt, hawt, hawt.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-27, 16:55   Link #1008
arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel View Post
Spoiler:
Where is this from? Looks very Last Exile-art styleish. I'm a sucker for these grimmier pastel colors.
arias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-27, 17:46   Link #1009
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by arias View Post
Where is this from? Looks very Last Exile-art styleish. I'm a sucker for these grimmier pastel colors.
It's art by Range Murata, who was indeed involved in the creation of Last Exile.
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-29, 13:07   Link #1010
madarabe
Dunamist

Anyone here know what is the title of the theme song for the Shirokishi Monogatari game?

いっぺん 死んでみる?
madarabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-30, 19:25   Link #1011
Marvel
Demon-Fox Inside©

The demo of Heavenly Sword can't be called a demo, but more a shot teaser... The graphics are impressive, but the framerate isn't. What are these, 30 fps ?!. But gameplay wise it's good and certainly a game look out for...
Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-04, 22:03   Link #1012
Tommy
Mr. Prince

So I bit the bullet and bought one. When web browsing with it how do you save pics?
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-05, 19:44   Link #1013
Gevurah
What you say?!?!

^ You should be able to click on it and press triangle, bringing up the menu to save the pic.

I'm hoping they release new moving backgrounds like the original xmb on the PS Store. Static backgrounds are cool and all, but I just love the fluidity of it all.

Anyway, I've been playing Wangan Midnight online for a bit. Just like the arcade, but prettier in 1080p.

"I appear to be a plushie, but my heart is that of a wolf." - Kon
Gevurah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-09, 03:46   Link #1014
Sides

First real ps3 killer title Record of Agarest War
...but it is a SRPG and uses sprites.
-Yes but you can make children (kotaku, gamers-creed)
So it is time to say "Good bye PS2" and "Welcome PS3".
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-09, 13:43   Link #1015
kujoe
from head to heel

You see, that's the type of game that's going to help in winning over Japan. And no, I'm not kidding.

Despite the seemingly zany premise, it's nice to see 2D still being used in a PS3 game. Disgaea 3 also comes to mind. However, I would've also wished for more quality in terms of visuals. I mean, sure different styles and all, but look at Odin Sphere for example.

I don't know... It's still too early to tell how good (or bad) this game is really going to look. But it also makes me wonder just what it is about this game that it can't be released on the already established PS2.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-09, 15:57   Link #1016
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
You see, that's the type of game that's going to help in winning over Japan. And no, I'm not kidding.
Yup i know. I wasn't making fun of it being a sprite based game, but the fact that you can get your heroines pregnant is kind of funny.
Thing is i cannot wait to see how this game, Disgaea or any other sprite based game trashes a high profile and hyped ps3 title. Maybe other devs will wake up and start to develope games that are actually fun, and stop showing off how realistic they can make 3D models appear.

I managed to play the Heavenly Sword demo, btw, and it isn't fun at all, i don't get the whole fuzz about it. It is probably one of the worse title i played this year so far. Maybe it is just not the type of game for me, although i like God Hand, God of War, Devil May Cry....
Old 2007-08-09, 16:05   Link #1017
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
I managed to play the Heavenly Sword demo, btw, and it isn't fun at all, i don't get the whole fuzz about it. It is probably one of the worse title i played this year so far. Maybe it is just not the type of game for me, although i like God Hand, God of War, Devil May Cry....
I enjoyed it for what it was: an old build. The game that actually makes it into stores should play a good deal more smoothly.
Old 2007-08-09, 17:00   Link #1018
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Yup i know. I wasn't making fun of it being a sprite based game, but the fact that you can get your heroines pregnant is kind of funny.
Nah, it wasn't my intention to criticize you. I was also just poking fun at the premise of the game. It's this type of quirky, imaginative concept that wins over Japanese gamers (if done right) more than Halo ever could. Then again, it probably still belongs in the niche market when you compare it to, let's say, FF or DQ.

But if I'm not mistaken, this isn't entirely new. Phantasy Star 3 has a story that spans three generations and the succeeding heroes depend on the character you choose to marry.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-12, 16:14   Link #1019
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
But if I'm not mistaken, this isn't entirely new. Phantasy Star 3 has a story that spans three generations and the succeeding heroes depend on the character you choose to marry.
There are a few games that kind of system, like Gundam Climax UC. But they didn't include visuals to demonstrate how the heroes get in touch with each other ^^.

Some shots from Soul Calibur 4 (source famitsu.com)
Not sure if these are in-game shots, since the game won't be available until 2008.
Old 2007-08-12, 17:41   Link #1020
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Lol @ record of agarest war. It sounds incredibly interesting; I hope NISAmerica brings it over here, considering it's an Idea Factory game. My PS3 library needs working right now; as of this writing, I own zero games. XD

But does anyone think it's too 'raunchy' to be brought over here? I hope not, lol.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
console, ps3, sony