Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-07-20, 11:20   Link #1361
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaximum View Post
But wouldnt Cptn Bright recognize Lt Quattro as Char?
Bright and Char never met in the original MSG, at least during non-combat situations. Plus he was always wearing a mask.
Old 2010-07-20, 18:55   Link #1362
jonli
JONLIの憂'

No body knows what happened to Ecole Du Ciel? I checked manga updated the volume is still stuck on 11. I just wana know what happened to the series. Cancelled? Break?
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-20, 23:58   Link #1363
fizzmaister
The Tall One

Quote:
outside Jaburo where Roux was spying.
I think you mean Reccoa, we don't meet Roux until ZZ
Old 2010-07-21, 02:15   Link #1364
jmaximum

you are correct Fizz. I meant Reccoa. Too many female characters to to keep track of in the series
jmaximum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-21, 14:21   Link #1365
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Thanks fizzmaister. That actually clears up a lot for me. I just finished episode 12 - The Winds of Jaburo, were most of the episode takes place in Granada and Aman cities on the moon. The AEUG influence higher up in the chain of command became more evident. I like that Cptn Bright went over to AEUG because the Titans were d!#ks to him. But wouldnt Cptn Bright recognize Lt Quattro as Char? And it was kind of odd that Kai Shinden just happened to be out in the middle of the jungle, wearing a white suit, outside Jaburo where Roux was spying.

Thanks for the clarifications!
Jmax
I found that pretty odd too.
Old 2010-07-23, 09:07   Link #1366
jmaximum

right? just *poof* there he is, in a WHITE suit in the middle of the amazon jungle, and conveniently in the right spot at the right time to save reccoa from the guards. that was a little cheesy, but other than that, I am really enjoying the series. the character development is amazing.
Old 2010-07-25, 12:29   Link #1367
bicun

i have some question
if Sazabi is arc enemy for Nu Gundam
then, who arc enemy for Jagd Doga (Gyunei) and Kampfer?
thx
pardon my english is bad
bicun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-25, 17:02   Link #1368
Elo the Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by bicun View Post
i have some question
if Sazabi is arc enemy for Nu Gundam
then, who arc enemy for Jagd Doga (Gyunei) and Kampfer?
thx
pardon my english is bad
The pilots of the Nu Gundam and Sazabi are arch enemies, not the mobile suits.

The Jagd Doga's pilot, Gyneu and the Kämpfer's, Mikhail, were minor characters and didn't really have an arch enemy.
Old 2010-07-27, 17:19   Link #1369
jmaximum

Just watched Z Gundam episode 27: Char's Return, where Char/Lt Quattro returns from Earth to the Argama, and two Zaku-II fire some gigantic mega ultra cannon at the Z Gundam, missing it but destroying the shuttle Char just disembarked. Now, it looked like Kai Shinden was piloting that shuttle, and if he was, he's definitely dead. What I dont understand is that the main characters just kind of mentioned off-hand that the blast 'made the shuttle disappear.' but no mention of their long time ally's death.
so: Is Kai dead? If so, what an anticlimactic way to go.
Also: Amuro, Hayato, Kai, and Cptn Bright all spent the one year war fighting against Char and Zeon. I am a little confused as to why there is no tension between any of them, especially Char and Amuro, in the Z Gundam series. did i miss something?
Old 2010-07-27, 17:26   Link #1370
Elo the Blue

Quote:
Just watched Z Gundam episode 27: Char's Return, where Char/Lt Quattro returns from Earth to the Argama, and two Zaku-II fire some gigantic mega ultra cannon at the Z Gundam, missing it but destroying the shuttle Char just disembarked. Now, it looked like Kai Shinden was piloting that shuttle, and if he was, he's definitely dead. What I dont understand is that the main characters just kind of mentioned off-hand that the blast 'made the shuttle disappear.' but no mention of their long time ally's death.
so: Is Kai dead? If so, what an anticlimactic way to go.
Also: Amuro, Hayato, Kai, and Cptn Bright all spent the one year war fighting against Char and Zeon. I am a little confused as to why there is no tension between any of them, especially Char and Amuro, in the Z Gundam series. did i miss something?
Kai is still alive. The shuttle pilot may have looked like him but it was just a coincidence.

As for enemies working together, there was some tension, especially between Amuro and Char but they were fighting a powerful common enemy in the Titans so they had to put their issues aside.
Old 2010-07-28, 11:08   Link #1371
jmaximum

I must have have missed the subtle tensions between char and amuro, because to me it looked like they just shook hands and said "Nice to see you again buddy" (obviously not in those words).
I dont have an issue with the adolescent pilots (I figure Kamille is in his late teens and Kotz is 13 or 14), but what is up with the really young kids on the Argama (Sheta and Ko)?
Old 2010-07-28, 15:12   Link #1372
Elo the Blue

Quote:
I must have have missed the subtle tensions between char and amuro, because to me it looked like they just shook hands and said "Nice to see you again buddy" (obviously not in those words).
I dont have an issue with the adolescent pilots (I figure Kamille is in his late teens and Kotz is 13 or 14), but what is up with the really young kids on the Argama (Sheta and Ko)?
Both definitely still blamed the other for Lalah's death but it wasn't something they were going to argue about on the Audhumla.

Shinta and Qum were simply a nod to the three orphans on White Base in the original series.
Old 2010-07-28, 15:44   Link #1373
jmaximum

Quote:
Shinta and Qum were simply a nod to the three orphans on White Base in the original series.
Oh ok, from the way it was starting to sound in the series, i thought they were going to end up being reccoa's kids.
Old 2010-07-29, 00:32   Link #1374
Elo the Blue

Quote:
Oh ok, from the way it was starting to sound in the series, i thought they were going to end up being reccoa's kids.
Nope. Let's just say Reccoa has other interests...
Old 2010-07-29, 12:44   Link #1375
jmaximum

Yeah i know
I did not see the episode yet, but I know she turns sides and goes over to Scirocco.
But if the kids are not hers, then what is their relationship to Fah? Why did she get stuck taking care of them?
Old 2010-07-29, 14:34   Link #1376
Elo the Blue

Quote:
Yeah i know
I did not see the episode yet, but I know she turns sides and goes over to Scirocco.
But if the kids are not hers, then what is their relationship to Fah? Why did she get stuck taking care of them?
Reccoa's reasons for defecting are equally hilarious and interesting.

Fa Yuiry couldn't really contribute much/very well on the battlefield so she took on common chores like serving meals and taking care of the kids.
Old 2010-07-29, 18:40   Link #1377
Neko_Rini23

Send a message via MSN to Neko_Rini23
In Gundam 00 when the Thrones pilots visit the Ptolemaios I was really confused when Lockon's Haro came around and called the purple haro his "older brother". Then when the purple haro told him to "go and die", why did Lockon's Haro say, "Are you sick?"
Neko_Rini23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-29, 22:03   Link #1378
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neko_Rini23 View Post
In Gundam 00 when the Thrones pilots visit the Ptolemaios I was really confused when Lockon's Haro came around and called the purple haro his "older brother". Then when the purple haro told him to "go and die", why did Lockon's Haro say, "Are you sick?"
Likely Lockon's Haro has been around almost as long as Bad Haro--hell, likely all of the other Haros have. Therefore, Haro's likely encountered Bad Haro before, when it undoubtedly had different personality programming.
Old 2010-08-09, 13:10   Link #1379
jmaximum

more Zeta Gundam stuff:
in the episode "Dakkar's Day", when Quattro/Char goes to the city to address the AEUG cause, a Titan pilot named Mike is shot down in his Ashimar. It doesnt seem like he's killed, as they show a shot of him unconscious in the cockpit when the Ashimar crashes. He seemed to start sympathizing with the AEUG, I was wondering if we will see mroe of him in the future?
Old 2010-08-09, 14:32   Link #1380
Elo the Blue

Quote:
more Zeta Gundam stuff:
in the episode "Dakkar's Day", when Quattro/Char goes to the city to address the AEUG cause, a Titan pilot named Mike is shot down in his Ashimar. It doesnt seem like he's killed, as they show a shot of him unconscious in the cockpit when the Ashimar crashes. He seemed to start sympathizing with the AEUG, I was wondering if we will see mroe of him in the future?
Isn't his name Addis Aziba? Id we're talking about the same person,
Spoiler for Zeta Gundam: