AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-08-09, 18:49   Link #1381
jmaximum

Bummer. it seemed like he was yet another titan going over to the AEUG cause. oh well.
jmaximum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-09, 19:55   Link #1382
Crisis
Rock on ^^

I just finished watching Gundam 00 S1 and I don't understand why the show makes us heartbroken at various points for no reason!

Did Louise's parents HAVE to be killed?
Did Louise HAD to be made handicapped?
Did Kinue HAVE to be murdered?
It's as if they deliberately wanted Saji to go Seed mode!

Also, why were these guys killed meaninglessly - Lockon, Chris, Lichty ?

It seems it has become a norm that people have to die!

Cosplay at it's best Thread
Crisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-09, 20:08   Link #1383
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisis View Post
I just finished watching Gundam 00 S1 and I don't understand why the show makes us heartbroken at various points for no reason!

Hmm. If I had to guess, I'd say that it may be supposed to be a throwback to Tominos "Kill 'Em All". Might be a good thing too, considering that most people were not so amused by how almost everyone survived (at least on the side of the "good guys") no matter what in GSD (and even had a "dead" character brought back), for example.

Anyway, shit happens and that's just about realistic as it goes, I guess
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-10, 10:50   Link #1384
Crisis
Rock on ^^

Another thing that confuses me is that why Lockon went ahead by himself to take out the ships .. couldn't he have waited for the other Gundams to come back? They were on their way back!

Old 2010-08-10, 14:10   Link #1385
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Another thing that confuses me is that why Lockon went ahead by himself to take out the ships .. couldn't he have waited for the other Gundams to come back? They were on their way back!
If he had waited, the GN-Xs would've escaped and left the area, allowing them to be repaired and refueled and ready for another encounter that Celestial Being might not have been able to win.

Which, as it turns out, was what happened.
Old 2010-08-11, 14:59   Link #1386
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaximum View Post
Bummer. it seemed like he was yet another titan going over to the AEUG cause. oh well.
Yep. It's an equally frustrating and entertaining element I've found in many Gundam series. Minor characters like him pop up and you think they're going to hang around a bit only for them to be killed or never be heard from again.
Old 2010-08-15, 06:45   Link #1387
JC...
I am a Pie

Quote:
Also, why were these guys killed meaninglessly - Lockon, Chris, Lichty ?

Seriously, you're asking that in a Gundam/War thread. It's more realistic when people die because people die in real war..

And the questions you asked, no the DIDN'T have to happen, it's just the way the story is written.
JC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-16, 01:22   Link #1388
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
I'm still waiting for the explanation behind the cyborgs in 00 :P That was a pointless point tossed in the series.
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-16, 01:35   Link #1389
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Probably just to explain why Louise has a hand again in season 2.

Also, because they can.
Old 2010-08-16, 16:26   Link #1390
XP0082

Can someone PLease help me and tell me what gundam my pic/avitar is im looking for more pics and a name for the gundam and its series thank you
XP0082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-16, 16:29   Link #1391
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Easy answer: That's not a Gundam.
Old 2010-08-18, 08:37   Link #1392
ZeddNL

It looks like Tekkaman.
ZeddNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-20, 11:42   Link #1393
Crisis
Rock on ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Easy answer: That's not a Gundam.
LOL. You made my day.

Old 2010-08-21, 19:14   Link #1394
Crisis
Rock on ^^

Smile

Finished S2 and got mooore questions.

1- How did Setsuna become an Innovade ?
2 -How did Louise become an innovade -was it the drugs that Ribbons was giving her?
3-Who's Setsuna's love interest? Marina or Felt ?
4-How does GN field let people become telepathetic?
5-Why didn't Graham and Setsuna meet up and have tea?
6-After gradually upgrading Setsuna's gundam so much, why is it that his original plain Exia gundam beats Ribbons?
7-Why does Setsuana keep saying "I am Gundam" ? Shouldn't it be I am a Gundam Meister - Gundam is what he pilots!

I was pissed about the inclusion of Anew. She wasn't around for long - absolutely no character development. I didn't feel sad at all when she died.
I expected more from Marina - all soft, I don't want to hurt anyone, playing with kids and singing - ain't impressive. She should have been commanding an Azadistan space fleet.
Patrick Koleslaw, even though a minor character had the most fitting ending. Wot the hell?

There were also too many similarities with Gundam Seed - seed mode, clones, genetically engineered humans, Giant death star with a powerful laser, love between a genetically engineered product and a human.

Old 2010-08-21, 19:43   Link #1395
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:

2 -How did Louise become an innovade -was it the drugs that Ribbons was giving her?
6-After gradually upgrading Setsuna's gundam so much, why is it that his original plain Exia gundam beats Ribbons?
7-Why does Setsuana keep saying "I am Gundam" ? Shouldn't it be I am a Gundam Meister - Gundam is what he pilots!
1. He didn't. Setsuna is an actual Innovator, whereas Tieria and Ribbons were Innovades.
2. Presumably.
3. He doesn't have one. Marina isn't romantically in love with him, nor is Feldt (at that point in time).
4. GN-Field doesn't. GN-particles due, through the quantum brainwave mutations of Innovation.
5. I'm... not gonna answer that.
6. The Exia R2 IS upgraded, with a more powerful sword and additional thrusters and unexposed power cables. Also its called "Fanservice".
7. Setsuna is trying to become someone who personifies the ideals of Celestial Being and its tools, the "Gundam".

Quote:
I was pissed about the inclusion of Anew. She wasn't around for long - absolutely no character development. I didn't feel sad at all when she died.
I expected more from Marina - all soft, I don't want to hurt anyone, playing with kids and singing - ain't impressive. She should have been commanding an Azadistan space fleet.
Patrick Koleslaw, even though a minor character had the most fitting ending. Wot the hell?
Anew's plot was created to extend the season, as it turns out they had run out of things to portray. Also, we already have enough space fleet commanders, between Kati and Goodman and Klaus. And frankly, the idea of Azadistan having its own space fleet is hilarious. Good joke there.

Patrick? Ensemble darkhorse. He got surprisingly popular so he got a good ending.

Quote:
There were also too many similarities with Gundam Seed - seed mode, clones, genetically engineered humans, Giant death star with a powerful laser, love between a genetically engineered product and a human.
There was no "SEED Mode", unless you refer to Setsuna's Innovation, and keep in mind that he had little to no way of implementing his Innovation in combat practice beyond what Allelujah and Soma did. And frankly, clones, engineered humans, laser-equipped space stations, and love between artificial and natural humans were ALL done in U.C. WAAAAAAY before SEED ever did it.
Old 2010-08-22, 12:48   Link #1396
ZeddNL

Quote:
Giant Death Laser: Mobile Suit Gundam 0079
Clones: Zeta/Double Zeta/Unicorn (not sure where the timeline goes exactly but there are clones)
Genetically Engineered Humans: Cyber Newtypes in Zeta/ZZ
Love: See above.

These things are common in all gundam series.
ZeddNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-22, 13:39   Link #1397
Balder8472
I have a License

Quote:

7-Why does Setsuana keep saying "I am Gundam" ? Shouldn't it be I am a Gundam Meister - Gundam is what he pilots!.
-setsuna became an innovator because of both psychological and physiology changes over the course of season 1 and 2
-louise became a pseudo innovade through the use of drug ribbons provided
-setsuna hasn't shown any interest in any of the 00 ladies so far.
-the trans-am burst connected everyone within a certain radius due to the immense concerntration of gn particles.
-graham and setsuna would never sit around and have tea
-setsuna's combat experience plus the superior specs of the exia r2 is why he beat ribbons in the ACD o gundam
-in the eyes of young child soldier setsuna the gundam is a powerful force with the power to end conflict hence why he wishes to become a gundam
Balder8472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-22, 18:36   Link #1398
Crisis
Rock on ^^

Thanks for the replies Balder8472 and Rising Dragon.

I feel that I have now become confused about what an Innovator and an Innovade is!
Help, guys?

Old 2010-08-22, 18:51   Link #1399
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Thanks for the replies Balder8472 and Rising Dragon.

I feel that I have now become confused about what an Innovator and an Innovade is!
Help, guys?
An Innovator is, in the 00verse, the next step in human evolution, a being with A-level quantum brainwaves and who is empathic and capable of understanding others without spoken word. Trans-AM and GN-Particles seem to be the medium needed to cause this mutation in people, and so far only two people we know of have Innovated: Setsuna F. Seiei and Descartes Shaman.

An Innovade is an artificially-created human designed to simulate an Innovator. They have B-level quantum brainwaves, and have the purpose of both stimulating the appearance of Innovators in humanity, and for easing the transition from human to Innovator, making people more comfortable with the idea. Innovades were originally going to carry out the armed interventions with the Gundams, but Ribbons' meddling with the plan changed that, because he wanted to see the completion of the plan to the end and not die (as Gundam Meisters were meant to be destroyed at the end of Celestial Being's reign).
Old 2010-09-06, 19:10   Link #1400
lubczyk

I have a question about Gundam Unicorn's release schedule. I head that Gundam Unicorn was supposed to have a release schedule of 2 episodes a year. The first episode was available on Amazon on March 12th, 2010 and I still don't see a release date yet for the second episode.

At this rate, it looks like the second episode will not be out before 2012. That would make the release schedule of 1 episode a year. According to a recent ANNCast, Gundam Unicorn EP 1 was the best selling OVA by a large margin, so I don't see financial issues.

Does anyone have a real release schedule for Gundam Unicorn?
lubczyk is offline   Reply With Quote