Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-04-03, 08:21   Link #2781
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
The only way you're completely doomed and can't negotiate the peace is if you let Tali get exiled and you either don't do Legion's loyalty mission or you rewrite the geth. That gives you 0 "points" from ME2, and you can only get 2 "points" in ME3, so if you mess up in ME2 you are boned in ME3.

If you destroy the heretic geth and get Tali acquitted, you have 4 "points" before you even start ME3, and you need 5-7 "points" to negotiate a peace with the geth, which means the only thing you have to do one of the extra Rannoch missions, either destroying the geth squadron or saving Zaal'Koris.
I redeemed Tali, but rewrote the heretics. The only problem I had was that, being a renegon, I couldn't resolve the Tali/Legion dispute with a paragon or renegade option (which is one more point). That left me one point short, even with all the sidequests done.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-03, 08:37   Link #2782
Aqua Knight

To be honest I was pleased when Quarians died.
Maybe if Bioware somehow manages to fix the ending, I will replay all the trilogy and make different choices.

Btw, is there a rumor that this Friday some announcement will be made about ME 3 ending and stuff?
Old 2012-04-03, 08:59   Link #2783
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I redeemed Tali, but rewrote the heretics. The only problem I had was that, being a renegon, I couldn't resolve the Tali/Legion dispute with a paragon or renegade option (which is one more point). That left me one point short, even with all the sidequests done.
That's quite odd. If you've talked to everyone and had every sidequest possible done by that point, you should have enough Reputation by that time to initiate a Paragon or Renegade option.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-03, 09:29   Link #2784
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
That's quite odd. If you've talked to everyone and had every sidequest possible done by that point, you should have enough Reputation by that time to initiate a Paragon or Renegade option.
Nope, the later you leave the event, the harder it is to guarantee enough points to use an option. This is because sometimes missing a single dialogue choice would cost you, and the costs add up. The only way to not miss out is to play with the WIKI page open. Just talk to everyone and do all the quests is not good enough.

In fact, the more quests you do, the harder it is.
So if not for the fact that you want to keep Kelly alive, we wouldn't be forced to rescue Legion last. This is a major complaint of ME2 and why they changed the system for ME3.
Old 2012-04-03, 10:03   Link #2785
Aqua Knight

Playing with wiki isn't fun as you know the consequences of the choices.

The only time I reloaded in ME 3 after making a choice was when I was facing off Kaidan. I thought that blue Paragon or red Renegade choice would lead to his death, so I chose the simply non-coloured answer. But it killed him instead lol.
Old 2012-04-03, 10:10   Link #2786
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Nope, the later you leave the event, the harder it is to guarantee enough points to use an option. This is because sometimes missing a single dialogue choice would cost you, and the costs add up. The only way to not miss out is to play with the WIKI page open. Just talk to everyone and do all the quests is not good enough.

So if not for the fact that you want to keep Kelly alive, we wouldn't be forced to rescue Legion last. This is a major complaint of ME2 and why they changed the system for ME3.
I think I see what the problem with my post is: I thought it was for ME3 instead of ME2

Still, I never had any problem with getting enough points in ME2, using only my guts and intuition without any guides.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-03, 11:23   Link #2787
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post

what? are you saying that the requirement scales up according to how far you are in the game?
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-03, 11:25   Link #2788
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
what? are you saying that the requirement scales up according to how far you are in the game?
It is based on percentages.

Cheers.
Old 2012-04-03, 11:26   Link #2789
Key Board
Carbon

oh.. didn't know that..

It thought it was a cumulative point

Never had trouble convincing anyone in ME2. Maybe because I was mostly Paragon
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-03, 11:29   Link #2790
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Hehe, no it wasn't the ME3 one, I couldn't solve the Tali/Legion dispute in ME2. That was the last point I needed.

Essentially, I was foiled by game design rather than my choices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
In ME2, yes. ME2 measures your paragon/renegade persuade and intimidate options by how far you are in the game and along it's track. Playing anything but a pure paragon/renegade is severely punished in ME2.
Old 2012-04-03, 11:34   Link #2791
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:

In ME2, yes. ME2 measures your paragon/renegade persuade and intimidate options by how far you are in the game and along it's track. Playing anything but a pure paragon/renegade is severely punished in ME2.
A ridiculous notion if there was ever any really. They should have had a 70% max threshhold for alignment purposes. As it is, to get the most out of it you have to play in black and white. Only D&D Paladins of old had to play in black and white, but that was due to roleplay class code restrictions, not some vague game mechanics... And then there's the fallen one or blackguard, but that's pushing it too offtopic. Point is, the ME alignment system could use tweaks.
Old 2012-04-03, 15:12   Link #2792
killer3000ad

The quote below was from Stanley Woo, a Bioware staff member.
Old 2012-04-03, 15:46   Link #2793
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Is Bioware's PR department trying to win the fall-flat-on-your-face-lympics or something?
Old 2012-04-03, 15:48   Link #2794
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Is Bioware's PR department trying to win the fall-flat-on-your-face-lympics or something?
Well, they've been mostly successful so far, so it's probable. It's times like these that it's better to just shut up because anything you say will be... well, crap
Old 2012-04-03, 16:04   Link #2795
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

There is no way that Bioware is this dumb...
This level of stupidity can not be real, it has to be a some kind of act.
Old 2012-04-03, 16:17   Link #2796
Laith
Even if it just for a bit
*Author

Denial only makes things more difficult.
Laith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-03, 17:33   Link #2797
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by killer3000ad View Post

The quote below was from Stanley Woo, a Bioware staff member.
The question to ask is were these guys playing a different game in their head?

I mean so far it's like they don't even know anything about the game they released....

BTW I noticed that there are 16 lines there and Casey said there'd be 16 endings....so I guess he was right...to a certain extent
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-03, 17:43   Link #2798
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

To be fair, it should be noted that PR managers don't really have an idea what the designers call the files. Hell, most people don't.
Old 2012-04-03, 18:21   Link #2799
Nixl

Bioware is definitely getting a lot of shit recently and from multiple sources, but some of it is well deserved. To be perfectly honest, from DA2, TOR, to ME3 I do not think Bioware would get half the shit it does if only the PR team was fired. The amount of promises they make just makes everything that much worse.
Nixl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-03, 23:38   Link #2800
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Oh my.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Tags
effect, games, mass