AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-02-25, 12:25   Link #121
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

What makes Charlotte so awesome as well, is that she doesn't beat around the bush like the others. The other girls just try to throw hints and hopes the idiot figures it out, despite being overly obvious he's still has rocks for brains. Gotta be upfront about it.
Old 2011-02-25, 13:55   Link #122
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post
I know that D:, I just can't believe there is someone who doesn't like Charlotte the most. I am fairly sure a lot of people voted for the girl they liked second best or sympathize with just because they couldn't bear with the low votes etc. I am certainly guilty of that in other shows. Just that with this one, Charlotte is far and away the only girl worth anything.
like what OceanBlue said, different people have different tastes. just like how some people find megane and loli moe, I personally don't. twin-tails, pony tail, tsundere, osasanajimi, and so on and so forth, there are so many moe archetypes that appeal to the different types of people. as a matter of fact, no offense meant, but your view is purely subjective in an ironical way.
Old 2011-02-25, 14:56   Link #123
.x.crii.x.
To the beat//

I remember I used to like Houki in the first ep...but then by the second ep she started dropping. By the third ep I didn´t consider her my favorite anymore, well, she was actually not really my favorite, I just liked her. Anyway, I went on to liking Rin...but then by the fourth ep Rin started dropping too, too tsundere.

But then by the fifth ep when Charlotte appeared, the first thing that came to mind was: "what? what? Uke?! 8DDD " (Yes, I'm an avid BL Fan xD; even though I knew it was a girl at first glance. Let me just say the bubbles, sparkles and Hanazawa Kana´s voice won me over in 5 seconds. Anyway, I fell in love with Charlotte´s character from then on out. Episode 6 only made me love her even more when her true gender was revealed. Ep 7, the changing scene was kinda "lol seriously? there´s a bathroom you know?" but once again, my endearment with Charlotte grew. Ep 8...what can I say?...yeah, I went as far as to make an account her and on MAL just to disccuss Charlotte. xD;;

Anyway, everyone has different tastes, and has a soft spot for other characters. Hey, its a free country....er....uh....internet community?
Old 2011-02-25, 15:21   Link #124
Yusei Fudo
Banned

before Charlotte appeared, all the girls were pushy and tsundere, which I didn't like that much. Charlotte srsly saved this series with her character.
Old 2011-02-25, 15:27   Link #125
Szakal

She is mine #2 character in IS, only Laura is better. I dont like others at all.
Old 2011-02-25, 22:22   Link #126
.x.crii.x.
To the beat//

Lol, Charlotte will always be No. 1 for me. xD

Charlotte > Laura....others. xD;;

Ok, now. On a more serious talk....I´m reposting something I posted on MF.

Spoiler:
Old 2011-02-25, 23:42   Link #127
jzmagic
flargansbog

Quote:
Originally Posted by .x.crii.x. View Post
Lol, Charlotte will always be No. 1 for me. xD

Charlotte > Laura....others. xD;;

Ok, now. On a more serious talk....I´m reposting something I posted on MF.

Spoiler:
Statistically speaking, the 1st girl usually wins. I hope this will go against the trend like in the examples you mentioned though.
Old 2011-02-25, 23:55   Link #128
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Shuffle can't really count in my oppinion since it started first as a Visual Novel so all choices were valid and had some level of Chemistry with the main character but the producers would have chosen teh route that they felt was the best to produce... anyway that is what I think the Bath thing was epic in Episode 8 though...

Charlotte is the only one probably not Tsun on Ichika and Ichika looking at his track record does not see the deeper meaning of her advance in the bath... Well Laura has certainly made it clear that she is going to win him...
Old 2011-02-26, 00:09   Link #129
.x.crii.x.
To the beat//

I like Laura a lot actually, but I just can't picture her ending up with Ichika. Idk why though...o.O

Anyway, true, Ichika is way too dense to realize Charlotte´s advances on him in the shower. But anyway, skipping that.

Hasn't Ichika been compromised the most with Charlotte though? I mean:

1. He saw her naked body
2. He´s seen her breasts
3. He´s been touched by her breasts
4. He´s seen her changing
5. He´s pulled off her panties...
6. I assume he saw "the promised land"
7. He shared a shower with her, back to back...naked
8. He was hugged by her...naked, breasts against his back and he blushed a lot.
9. Oh, he blushes or stutters when she smiles.
Spoiler:

I know Cecilia got a massage and all that...and Laura crept into his bed naked, but so far I think Charlotte has the most point.

Anyway, I´m just saying.
Old 2011-02-26, 04:49   Link #130
U<3Anime
Boo!

Honestly, I'm sick of tsunderes. Seriously, 20%, 50%, 100% or whatever man, since it's still tsundere in the end. There are already 3 tsunderes for !@$%sakes! I don't know about Britain-tan. I guess she's dere and sexy, but not moe enough.

So, Charlotte FTFW.
Old 2011-02-26, 04:53   Link #131
Ekureiru
神さま、ありがとう!
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Ekureiru Send a message via MSN to Ekureiru
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverwyrm View Post
I agree unfortunately this feels like a "no one wins" anime to me.

Welcome to the traditional world of 'mecha harem' I guess? *giggle*

It seems like we're going to end up the same way as we did in Macross Frontier. We've got more than one choice, but the male lead can't figure out who to choose. The main difference between the two situations being Alto actually knew who his 'harem' was, whereas Ichika 'dosen't'.

Having to see Charlotte act as a
Spoiler:
after the revelation was killing me. Thank god due to the latest episode the charade is all over~

† Ekureiru † - An entity commonly recognized by many as being on par with gods.
Last.fm | MyAnimeList | Pettanko Fansubs | Now with a degree in Yanderekology.
Old 2011-02-26, 23:57   Link #132
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Quote:
I like Laura a lot actually, but I just can't picture her ending up with Ichika. Idk why though...o.O

Anyway, true, Ichika is way too dense to realize Charlotte´s advances on him in the shower. But anyway, skipping that.

Hasn't Ichika been compromised the most with Charlotte though? I mean:

1. He saw her naked body
2. He´s seen her breasts
3. He´s been touched by her breasts
4. He´s seen her changing
5. He´s pulled off her panties...
6. I assume he saw "the promised land"
7. He shared a shower with her, back to back...naked
8. He was hugged by her...naked, breasts against his back and he blushed a lot.
9. Oh, he blushes or stutters when she smiles.
Spoiler:
I think he already saw the "promised land" when he saw her under the shower, before she could cover it uo.
I hope they'll still bring that pic from 10. in the anime!

Quote:
I know Cecilia got a massage and all that...and Laura crept into his bed naked, but so far I think Charlotte has the most point.
Yes, so far it looks the best for Charlotte.
However, perhps the just wanto us to think that, just so the surprise is all the bigger when he ends up with another girl...
Old 2011-02-27, 14:23   Link #133
Prongs
Grand Duke of Lolitania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post
Yeah but its not just because they are tsundere, it's because they are unnaturally tsun and because Charlotte is just THAT much better than all of them in EVERYTHING.

K let's do this. Wall of text inc.

First of all, it's because unlike other girls, she isn't constantly contradicting herself, denying any and all sign of interest in him. She is the only one who has acted normal with him both as a guy and a girl and obviously, Ichika can't have enough of her. He even wants her to act like a girl when they are alone

Second, it's because she is very levelheaded and doesn't just rush into things and mess up due to jealousy etc. Even the German girl who has yet to take interest in him talks too much and is thus inferior. She may not have the best specifications or not be the best skilled but unlike other girls, she doesn't talk big and yet she is the one who is brave enough to risk an unfair fight for his sake when IT ACTUALLY COUNTS. She is clearly his shining knight on the horse o.0

Third, it's because she IS very sexy and unlike other girls doesn't go around making an wuss of him for trying to complement or even notice any and all feminine charms. Besides, she is superior to them all in all sense of feminine charm, from body to breasts to face to voice to ass to everything you can think of as a girl's assets and her clearly superior feminine charm has been taken notice of. Ichika actually blushes when he notices her movements.

Fourth, it's because she is playing her cards right. She is just that inviting but isn't a slut by any stretch of imagination. She knows when to say what and is just the kind of girl that knows how to hook a man in not to mention she looks and behaves very honest and easygoing. The kind of woman you want to claim as your wife and be a slave to for the rest of your life. Basically, she actually knows how to nurture a relationship unlike those mega idiot horny teen sluts.

Fifth, it's because she actually has a very very tragic back story - overused though the plot device maybe - that, combined with her good nature, would force any man to wish to protect her. Who can resist coming to aid of a damsel in distress who doesn't force herself onto you? I hate the type that force themselves onto me regardless of whether or not they need me. And Ichika is a respectable (albeit much too dense and academically retarded when compared to me) man like I am. And she doesn't refuse your help or push you out either. She is independent but she is willing to work together. She has led such a rough life and yet she isn't bitter and despite having a personal
IS etc., she doesn't act pompous at all. Just the kind of girl you'd fall in love with if you had been in an academy full of teenage girls that act like they are something fucking beyond this world just because they can use something most other people can't.

Sixth, it's because she is genuinely cute. Her responses are what you'd expect of a girl. She doesn't freak out just because Ichika complemented her. She only has those cute reactions when he touches her or finds her in an awkward situation etc. Screw the rest of the bitches really.

Seventh, it's because she is the only girl who isn't going to murder Ichika the moment he so much as gets involved with another girl. Given Ichika's history and uniqueness, he is most definitely going to be involved with a lot of girls and it would take someone like Charlotte to understand and support him. NOT those women that shoot at him or try to chop off his head for accidentally groping his teacher's breasts.

Eighth, it's because she is benevolent to a fault. She didn't blame Ichika at all for her situation. Most girls I know, both real and otherwise, would despise him for existing to cause them pain of such degree as to being forced to be a man to spy on him. Instead, she is the type that feels easy after telling him her secret. She doesn't blame him for finding her secret either (most girls would prostrate themselves or threaten/try to kill Ichika if he discovered their secret. Also, she doesn't blame and otherwise beat him to death for accidentally peeking at her or for showing some interest.

Ninth, it's because she realizes that it's normal for men to be a bit perverted and she uses that fact in a joyful nature to further bolster their relationship rather than to chide Ichika to a crisp. She isn't exactly easy to get though and Ichika recognizes that she is high class - even if her father was an ass and she lived in the country most of her life - and thus will need to admit genuine interest before he gets some. Still, she is the only girl who actually is fine with that idea and won't freak out while totally otherwise wanting it.

Tenth, it's because all the rest suck compared to her. Yep. Everyone of them.

I could go on and on but I have to sleep.. at least I got ten valid reasons on the board, I think. Maybe we could get a running list going? What say you guys? Just keep adding a reason every time you see a new image or whatever of hers and feel butterflies flying in your groin. Doesn't have to be elaborate, simply state your mind, however perverted :3
agreed
I cannot expressed more than you buddy
Agreed Charlotte is my waifus especially when she say Ichika no Ecchi aaaawww MMMOOOEEEEE

Charlotte = Yamato Nadeshiko
Old 2011-02-27, 19:48   Link #134
.x.crii.x.
To the beat//

lol yes, Charlotte would definitely be a good example of a Yamato Nadeshiko.

There´s some who say that Houki is one but I don't think she is. I mean, sure she's japanese and has a "nice body". But a Yamato Nadeshiko doesn´t refer to that. It refers to a woman with good traits.

I wouldn´t exactly call the following good traits:

1. Inability to listen to someone, ie. jumping to conclusions too fast.
2. Getting angry at a guy just because he didn't keep on practicing the same hobbie as you both did many years ago.
3. Falcon punching someone....kicking them to boot.
4. Telling the guy you like, "even so, what CAN you do?" Was I the only pissed at her lowtalking to ichika? Idk why, but I felt like she was trying to make him feel worse instead of trying to make the situation better. o.o
5. Being overly tsun. I mean, in episode 1...after YEARS of not seeing the guy she "loves" she throws dirty looks at him instead of being nice and saying "Hi" D:

Anyway, charlotte has way more qualities in my opinion. I'm just saying though. xD;;

-looks around nervously-
Charlotte has way more good qualities as a woman. Anyway, I'm just saying.
Old 2011-02-27, 19:58   Link #135
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
lol yes, Charlotte would definitely be a good example of a Yamato Nadeshiko.

There´s some who say that Houki is one but I don't think she is. I mean, sure she's japanese and has a "nice body". But a Yamato Nadeshiko doesn´t refer to that. It refers to a woman with good traits.

I wouldn´t exactly call the following good traits:

1. Inability to listen to someone, ie. jumping to conclusions too fast.
2. Getting angry at a guy just because he didn't keep on practicing the same hobbie as you both did many years ago.
3. Falcon punching someone....kicking them to boot.
4. Telling the guy you like, "even so, what CAN you do?" Was I the only pissed at her lowtalking to ichika? Idk why, but I felt like she was trying to make him feel worse instead of trying to make the situation better. o.o
5. Being overly tsun. I mean, in episode 1...after YEARS of not seeing the guy she "loves" she throws dirty looks at him instead of being nice and saying "Hi" D:

Anyway, charlotte has way more qualities in my opinion. I'm just saying though. xD;;

-looks around nervously-
Charlotte has way more good qualities as a woman. Anyway, I'm just saying.
No need to be nervous, you are stating the truth. xD

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2011-02-27, 20:36   Link #136
.x.crii.x.
To the beat//

Oh thank god, I was nervous I was gonna get labeled as a Houki-hater of some sort. xD;,

Team Charlotte for me, besides, I think she looks like a better match appearance like with Ichika than any of the other girls. :I
Old 2011-02-28, 02:56   Link #137
Pocky Yoshi
Disabled By Request

Charlotte was like the girl you'd always wanted to be around. So kind, gentle, and will stay by your side until the very end. Ever since I saw her be so gentle yet so flexible around Ichika recently, who wouldn't love her? Among all of these typical tsunderes, we get one girl who's simply just hits the right spots all over. Charlotte, you give me butterflies. Na-mu....
Old 2011-03-02, 00:53   Link #138
.x.crii.x.
To the beat//

Heck, I wish I could be like Charlotte. Then maybe more guys would like me. xD;;

Spoiler:

And this, I gotta get my hands on this: http://blog-imgs-45-origin.fc2.com/n...5920_583_1.jpg
Old 2011-03-02, 05:59   Link #139
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
like what OceanBlue said, different people have different tastes. just like how some people find megane and loli moe, I personally don't. twin-tails, pony tail, tsundere, osasanajimi, and so on and so forth, there are so many moe archetypes that appeal to the different types of people. as a matter of fact, no offense meant, but your view is purely subjective in an ironical way.
Allow me to be brutally honest here. Do you really think I do not realize that whatever I said was subjective? Geez, be less gullible or rather, understand that there are things such as absolutely pointless and pathetic jokes, usually made in self-derision, that nobody but the poster will get. Certain things are said precisely to be ironic. I am a hypocrite and I am fully aware of it.

If I didn't say "I can't believe people don't find Charlotte to be the only girl worth anything in IS" then I would have to say "What a bunch of trash those people are." I'd much rather keep it at I can't believe (i.e, a judgment on myself as a subjective person) than pass a verbal judgment on other humans. I do think that way but thinking that way and stating it are completely different things. I would rather be a hypocrite and play nice with everyone than be an ass. That is what everyone does anyway.
Old 2011-03-02, 13:20   Link #140
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
What makes Charlotte so awesome as well, is that she doesn't beat around the bush like the others. The other girls just try to throw hints and hopes the idiot figures it out, despite being overly obvious he's still has rocks for brains. Gotta be upfront about it.
Then Laura is 20 times better than Charlotte.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters