Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-04-27, 13:30   Link #21
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by BashZeStampeedo View Post
I think she chose him specifically, yes. He can't have been the only wheat merchant passing through Pasroe all that time, and it's clear she could have left on her own whenever she wanted to (she just didn't want to).

Since Lawrence had been through Pasroe several times before, and it's an event when someone arrives in a remote village like Pasroe, it's likely that she "scoped him out", and decided that he was a good candidate to be her sugar-daddy.

I think she was waiting for an excuse to travel with him, and that he wouldn't be that easy to win over. Let's face it: her cover-story is just cute nonsense designed to appeal to his ego and tug at his heartstrings. It didn't take him long to realize she was just lonely, like him.

I think she was trying to "impress him" in the sense that she wanted to prove she was indispensable. At first, all she could offer was flirty companionship, which she knew he was weak to. Of course, she's clearly weak to that as well, which is why we have a story.
Ah... you're right about the scoping out, pre-selecting, and the rest -- I hadn't thought of that.
Old 2011-04-29, 11:08   Link #22
seiichi-san

Send a message via MSN to seiichi-san
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Ah... you're right about the scoping out, pre-selecting, and the rest -- I hadn't thought of that.

Wow... I thought I was the only one that picked that up. After I finished reading the first novel. Those same thoughts came to me. I wondered if she had noticed him coming to Pasloe over the years and finally decided to take the chance to talk to him. I noticed right from the beginning even though she was trying to impress him. She always showed concern towards his well being, but maybe I'm over thinking things to much.
Old 2011-04-29, 11:49   Link #23
BashZeStampeedo

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiichi-san View Post
I noticed right from the beginning even though she was trying to impress him. She always showed concern towards his well being, but maybe I'm over thinking things to much.
To me anyway, it seemed more like her desire to impress him were really cries for attention and affection. Given how emotionally vulnerable she was, and how obviously she wanted to feel loved and appreciated, it would make sense for her to wait for someone who could provide those qualities.

Her actions all felt insecure, and fearful of rejection..almost ready to give up on humanity altogether. She wanted superman, but settled for Lawrence because he was the best she could find. She didn't really seem to truly trust Lawrence until he shocked her by proving that he would die for her sake.
Old 2011-04-29, 11:55   Link #24
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I just hadn't thought it out too deeply and had assumed it really was a chance meeting. Case of all the clues in front of me and me with no "a ha!".
Old 2011-04-29, 12:28   Link #25
seiichi-san

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I just hadn't thought it out too deeply and had assumed it really was a chance meeting. Case of all the clues in front of me and me with no "a ha!".
Hehe... Well I have done that many times in my life to. Lately because of my new career I tend to pay attention to details more.

Last edited by seiichi-san; 2011-04-29 at 13:17.
Old 2011-04-29, 13:28   Link #26
BashZeStampeedo

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiichi-san View Post
Hehe... Well I have done that many times in my life to. Lately because of my new career I tend to pay attention to details more.
The funny thing, this is that kind of anime. You can enjoy it on many levels.. I enjoy it most for what is NOT being said, but implied. Others are happy enough with just what's being presented up-front. Still others enjoy it because it's full of little details you might not notice if you aren't paying attention.

It's not just a simple, straightforward romance or action story, just there for a superficial kick. But neither is it trying to make you feel a particular way or preach something like it's trying to be profound. It's just there for you to figure out on your own time, and enjoy as you see fit.
Old 2011-04-29, 15:09   Link #27
seiichi-san

Quote:
Originally Posted by BashZeStampeedo View Post
The funny thing, this is that kind of anime. You can enjoy it on many levels.. I enjoy it most for what is NOT being said, but implied. Others are happy enough with just what's being presented up-front. Still others enjoy it because it's full of little details you might not notice if you aren't paying attention.

It's not just a simple, straightforward romance or action story, just there for a superficial kick. But neither is it trying to make you feel a particular way or preach something like it's trying to be profound. It's just there for you to figure out on your own time, and enjoy as you see fit.
Well said, I appreciate the response. I was attempting to say something like that.
Closed Thread